***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,551,559 Views | 47731 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by Waffledynamics
outofstateaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Am I the only one that thinks its weird that an invading force is following traffic laws?

I would expect the russian column to be in all 4 lanes of a 4 lane divided highway. What are the other cars going to do, take away their birthday? Youre in a ****ing tank/apc/huge ass supply truck. These people already hate you, you arent going to anger them further.

Got to keep the traffic flowing. Patton was known to get out and direct traffic from time to time.
Big Al 1992
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CaffyMjpO3G
Irish 2.0

JobSecurity
AG

TRM
AG
unmade bed
Heard a clip of Zelensky saying they will be releasing Ukrainian prisoners with military experience from jail and allow them to earn their freedom by fighting. Interesting.
Charpie
AG
Dilettante
Do y'all agree that overall the Russian troops seem to be respectful toward the citizenry? Keeping civilian casualties down seems like a goal to this point.
RebelE Infantry
AG
unmade bed said:

Heard a clip of Zelensky saying they will be releasing Ukrainian prisoners with military experience from jail and allow them to earn their freedom by fighting. Interesting.

This is not indicative of the war going well for them.
Build It
AG
No, have you seen the pictures of the dead children?
RONA Ag
AG
Dilettante said:

Do y'all agree that overall the Russian troops seem to be respectful toward the citizenry? Keeping civilian casualties down seems like a goal to this point.

Idid you see the video earlier of the Russian vehicle running over a small compact car with an old man inside?

Feel like it was posted here but maybe just on Twitter. Soldier went out of his way to attempt to kill the man
RebelE Infantry
AG
Dilettante said:

For the most part, yes. Whether that's a matter of policy or just individual sentiment among the Russian troops is a question we probably won't be able to answer.
RebelE Infantry
AG
RONA Ag said:

Dilettante said:

Idid you see the video earlier of the Russian vehicle running over a small compact car with an old man inside?

Feel like it was posted here but maybe just on Twitter. Soldier went out of his way to attempt to kill the man

That was a Ukrainian vehicle and was probably an accident. Appears the driver lost control and over corrected

ETA- I hope the driver of that car bought a lottery ticket after escaping pretty much unscathed
RONA Ag
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

unmade bed said:

This is not indicative of the war going well for them.

This war is going as well for them that they could ever hope for. If Russia commits its full military might to this it's over. However the longer Ukraine lasts and the longer the fight the more aid they will receive and the more effective the sanctions will be. Ukraine just needs to outlast Russia
powerbelly
AG
Dilettante said:

No, not at all.
SidsBurnerAccount
https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attack-on-europe-documenting-equipment.html

Good website keeping track of verified equipment losses for both sides.
SPSAg05
AG

This needs to be fast-tracked.
JobSecurity
AG
OnlyForNow
AG
Those cruise missels?
Strongweasel97
AG
Dilettante said:

Has seemed to be a goal but it looks as if they're moving into a new phase where collateral damage is now acceptable.

From what I've seen, the front line guys are respectful, whether it's for their own good or out of common decency. The guys lobbing shells, missiles and rockets from behind don't have that option. And Russia has nowhere near the kind of precision guided stuff we're all used to seeing. That doesn't bode well for the citizenry going forward.
AggieKO
AG
Wrong thread
AustinAg2K
TRM said:

Watching that, I imagine some Russian soldier sitting in a tank cursing that the oncoming traffic won't yield and let him turn left.
JobSecurity
AG
Is this the first time Zelensky himself has requested a no fly zone? This is explicitly asking for others to join the war
aeroag14
AG
JobSecurity said:

Is this the first time Zelensky himself has requested a no fly zone? This is explicitly asking for others to join the war

This is the first I have seen. Enacting a no fly zone is tantamount to the US declaring war on the Russians.

Zero percent chance that it happens.
Jock 07
AG
Dilettante said:

RebelE Infantry
AG
JobSecurity said:

This is absolute lunacy. Sending them munitions is one thing, but as others have said- this would be full scale war with Russia.
dtkprowler
AG
I believe this is going to happen regardless...
JobSecurity
AG
Keegan99
AG
Releasing prisoners to fight.

Photo op of EU "application".

Requesting no-fly zone.

Zelensky is doing what he can, but collectively, these indicate that the situation is deteriorating.
E
AG
Big Al 1992 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CaffyMjpO3G

It's almost like Putin did this on purpose to sacrifice some soldiers in order to make it look like Ukrainians were the aggressors and to add to his Russian propaganda spin machine. To give him somewhat justification for what he is doing.
RangerRick9211
AG
RebelE Infantry said:

JobSecurity said:

This is absolute lunacy. Sending them munitions is one thing, but as others have said- this would be full scale war with Russia.
He's been asking for a no-fly zone since this kicked-off. It's not happening.
Woods Ag
AG
I disagree.. It may not be a goal of Putin's, but I have a few Russian friends in Russia, and they grew up friends with Ukrainians. They see them as brother/sisters, friends, family. Many have family ties there or at least ancestry there. I think that's why we've seen a bit of a hesitation and exactly why you are seeing Russians protesting. This is not a popular war in Russia.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
aeroag14 said:

JobSecurity said:

This is the first I have seen. Enacting a no fly zone is tantamount to the US declaring war on the Russians.

Zero percent chance that it happens.

Imposing a no fly zone at the behest of the sovereign country whose airspace would be patrolled is not the same as declaring war. It's not Russia's airspace.
aeroag14
AG
dtkprowler said:

I believe this is going to happen regardless...

It will not unless this escalates to full scale nuclear war.

The Russians are struggling MIGHTLY against a much smaller near-peer advisory. They would get absolutely demolished by American/NATO forces.

The Russians dont have the military to take on the west, and they know it.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Yep
First Page Last Page
Page 138 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.