***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,551,998 Views | 47732 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by 74OA
swc93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

I am sure the Russians feel the need to show what their forces are capable of, since to date it hasn't been much, before trying to win concessions from Ukraine. Saying "or else" at this point is just going to earn them another "Russian warship go F yourself"
Who?mikejones!
A little of that and a little of its all they have left.

And, the citizenry has armed itself as well. The Russians can't deal with it so they are likely going total war
TheGroupGuy
A few squadrons of A10's with fighter cover and there is no longer an invading army. The OSINT images offer real-time AI intelligence for integration into command decisions and flow to theater resources
jabberwalkie09
AG
oldmanguy said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Man, I REALLY like the Poles. They are some hard people.

I do want to point out this is exactly why Russia wouldn't want Ukraine in NATO. This point, I get. I think they could have easily prevented it a different way because strategically, it makes perfect sense.

The GRADs hitting civilians is a major chapter change IMO. They were doing everything to minimize colatteral damage and that seems to have stopped. Surprisingly, admittedly, their advance to that point had been handled with kid gloves. They thought they had an easy victory and that has passed.

Kharkiv has been held by the Ukrainians since the beginning and repelled the Russians. This has to be a pretty big thorn in their side since the Russians have devoted many assets towards the area from Belgorod. Unfortunately, this was expected from Russia given their history.
Hungry Ojos
Pinabobina said:

CNN on tv (I know, don't judge. I usually watch Fox but they had ex-prez of Ukraine on) reporting peace talks as a 3 mile convoy of Russian tanks are headed to Kyiv at the exact same time. Also bombs down on Kharkiv

That's speaks more than what is happening in that meeting.

I wonder if Putin has a grasp of what we are seeing? Perhaps those around him are afraid to report the losses?

I don't understand this, granted my military strategy knowledge is sub par. But if they know about this convoy, why don't they take it out before it gets to the city?
The Collective
AG
Ugh. wrong thread
ABATTBQ11
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

Pinabobina said:

CNN on tv (I know, don't judge. I usually watch Fox but they had ex-prez of Ukraine on) reporting peace talks as a 3 mile convoy of Russian tanks are headed to Kyiv at the exact same time. Also bombs down on Kharkiv

I wonder if Putin has a grasp of what we are seeing? Perhaps those around him are afraid to report the losses?

I don't understand this, granted my military strategy knowledge is sub par. But if they know about this convoy, why don't they take it out before it gets to the city?

Assets and access. If get can't get assets into the area, killing the convoy isn't going to happen. They need move hundreds of javelin and troops there or get attack success into what is likely a well defended or contested area, and that's easier said than done.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Anyone have any idea what this means specifically? Shelling civilians?
TheGroupGuy
Hungry Ojos said:

Pinabobina said:

If they had air resources to do so they would
Ag87H2O
AG
Pinabobina said:

Seems to me you could hit the front end with Javelins and/or NLAWS and stop the whole thing in its tracks. Then wait for night and start picking off the rest. Like sitting ducks.
lb3
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

Pinabobina said:

With what? Ukraine has no meaningful Air Force at this stage. And basically little means of conducting large mechanized movements.
2wealfth Man
AG
Eliminatus said:

Definitely looks like Grad strikes in urban civilian areas. First videos out are bad.

This escalated again but not to a point I think NATO does anything militarily. This happened in 2014 as well and nothing happened then either. But maybe with so many eyes on this conflict now.....who knows.

Russia has always maintained a heavy fires doctrine. This is natural to them. The Ukes may start being reluctant in taking prisoners.....and so it goes.
this only going to harden the Ukrainian resolve
ABATTBQ11
AG
Ag87H2O said:

Pinabobina said:

Seems to me you could hit the front end with Javelins and/or NLAWS and stop the whole thing in its tracks. Then wait for night and start picking off the rest. Like sitting ducks.

They'd just push those vehicles put of the way. Better to blow the road.
JFABNRGR
AG
PJYoung said:

Red Pear Realty said:

Seems like the Russians have just started lobbing artillery at civilian areas in Kharkiv

This is just horrific. Makes me want to leave my family and pick up arms against sick evil aggression. My prayers for these folks and that direct action air ops would commence against these russian batteries ASAP. As Trey Gowdy said last night we don't need a written support pact we need a country with a good moral compass.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
RONA Ag
AG
TheGroupGuy said:

Hungry Ojos said:

Pinabobina said:

If they had air resources to do so they would

Doesn't need to be air resources - create barricades on the road to give yourself time to blow up the road further down the way and allow your troops to get into position. Then ambush the **** out of them
MouthBQ98
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Ignoring civilian casualties in the need to obtain tactical advantages. Indiscriminate fire if they feel the need. That is what they are talking about.

This appears to be getting closer to terrorizing civilians until the defenders surrender, as Russians should be well aware bombardment is no major disadvantage to urban defenders.
JobSecurity
AG
Who?mikejones!

Has there been an update from the poster whose family is in mariupol
Who?mikejones!
MouthBQ98 said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Ignoring civilian casualties in the need to obtain tactical advantages. Indiscriminate fire if they feel the need. That is what they are talking about.

This appears to be getting closer to terrorizing civilians until the defenders surrender, as Russians should be well aware bombardment is no major disadvantage to urban defenders.

I'd say it goes beyond ignoring and includes actively targeting civilian targets
PJYoung
AG
MeatDr
AG
PJYoung
AG
ABATTBQ11
AG
PJYoung said:

Zelensky 2024
PJYoung
AG
JobSecurity
AG
74OA
AG
Great article on the financial sanctions. I wasn't aware that we were also able to cut Putin off from the $600B he touted as Russia's "war chest" which would allow it to weather any Western sanctions.

"The new banking restrictions are arguably the most serious form of economic retaliation yet approved by the Western powers in response to Russia's attack on Ukraine. They are aimed at preventing Putin from using his sizable financial reserves totaling more than $600 billion to stabilize the Russian economy in the face of other sanctions and economic measures imposed by the West."

SANCTIONS[url=https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-european-allies-freeze-putins-war-chest-as-russia-careens-toward-economic-crisis/ar-AAUpyWR?li=BBnb7Kz][/url]
Who?mikejones!
JobSecurity
AG
Keegan99
AG
This doesn't appear to be the full bank... yet...

Charpie
AG
Thought the same thing.

Viva Ukraine!
jabberwalkie09
AG

AFAIK, this is the first confirmed sighting of an SU-34 being used in Ukraine.
PJYoung
AG
JFABNRGR said:

PJYoung said:

Red Pear Realty said:

Seems like the Russians have just started lobbing artillery at civilian areas in Kharkiv

This is just horrific. Makes me want to leave my family and pick up arms against sick evil aggression. My prayers for these folks and that direct action air ops would commence against these russian batteries ASAP. As Trey Gowdy said last night we don't need a written support pact we need a country with a good moral compass.

JobSecurity
AG
flakrat
AG
Yet another example that the A10 continues to be relevant.
B-1 83
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

We can only hope they're sucking them into a trap.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
First Page Last Page
Page 134 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.