***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,552,401 Views | 47733 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by 74OA
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
htownag10
AG
They've been out every day since the start of the war. The amount of tankers continues to increase as well.
aTmAg
AG
The fact that Zalenski demands them to get out of Crimea is badass. That dude gets it. I wish we could elect him president of the US.
Ag87H2O
AG
BD88 said:

No quit in these people…

This is the way you do it. Creates a nice tight kill zone.
Irish 2.0
jabberwalkie09
AG
bmks270
AG
aTmAg said:

Why do people assume Russia would nuke the US if we merely look at them the wrong way? We got nukes too.

Look at their performance.
Nukes may be the only effective deterrent they can use.

When all you have is a hammer, everything becomes a nail.

Nukes are like a firearm for countries, an equalizer.

It is like a firearm that gives grandma the ability to kill a home invader. Russia may lack an effectively organized military it seems, but they can till smoke us with nukes. They may think it's worth it to strike first all things considered if they feel cornered. Putin may view NATO as an existential threat and do things we are not prepared for or desire.
Irish 2.0
Ag87H2O said:

BD88 said:

No quit in these people…

This is the way you do it. Creates a nice tight kill zone.
These Russians have no training and would still drive right into it probably. They've got 18 year old kids that aren't evening shaving yet. Shooting fish in a barrel
Irish 2.0
aTmAg said:

Why do people assume Russia would nuke the US if we merely look at them the wrong way? We got nukes too.
Russians operate with a zero-sum mentality. If they lose, they won't let the other win. Putin being crazy and KGB makes it all the worse.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
ttu_85 said:

rgag12 said:

ttu_85 said:

Red Pear Realty said:

Phone recovered from a presumably dead Russian soldier with conversation with his mom. She asks if he's still in school in Crimea and he tells her he's not in school, he's killing civilians in Ukraine. He says they were told they'd be welcomed as liberators but civilians are throwing themselves under their vehicles to stop them and are calling them fascists.

If the Russian gov kidnapped and forced these kids into war telling them they cant tell their families anything.

Why do they have phones ??? I'm just a lowly tech Tard can someone explain this to me.

Don't believe everything on the internet. Smells like some pro-Ukrainian propaganda to me.
"Gee thanks man." Tard rolls eyes.

The fact that people cant see it as propaganda is very disconcerning

I've stopped posting videos of POWs or KIAs but there are lots of videos out there of POWs calling home to tell mom and dad to try and stop the war. Please understand the difference in understanding what is and isn't propaganda, and sharing what is happening in the war. Of course the image I shared is propaganda. It's directly from the Ukrainian government. But I believe seeing it is useful just like knowing that we created the myth in WW2 that carrots made out pilots eyes superior to Germans (when in fact we had defeated the enigma.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
ABATTBQ11
AG
ttu_85 said:

Red Pear Realty said:

Phone recovered from a presumably dead Russian soldier with conversation with his mom. She asks if he's still in school in Crimea and he tells her he's not in school, he's killing civilians in Ukraine. He says they were told they'd be welcomed as liberators but civilians are throwing themselves under their vehicles to stop them and are calling them fascists.

If the Russian gov kidnapped and forced these kids into war telling them they cant tell their families anything.

Why do they have phones ??? I'm just a lowly tech Tard can someone explain this to me.

What I read earlier was that Russia was using conscripts who were told they were going to the border or Crimea for maneuvers or training. In that same article, it mentioned that by Russian law conscripts could not be sent into battle, only volunteers. I think they're only in national guard like units or something.
Not a Bot
AG
Now indiscriminately shelling Kharkiv. Many civilian casualties.
Fitch
AG
Take the nuke conversation to a new thread
aTmAg
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

aTmAg said:

Russians operate with a zero-sum mentality. If they lose, they won't let the other win. Putin being crazy and KGB makes it all the worse.
He's not "crazy". He incorrectly thought Ukraine would be a cake walk.

He understands weakness and strength. That is why he invaded Crimea under Obama and Ukraine under Biden. There are pissant nations all over the place giving Ukraine weapons right now. If you were right, then why isn't he nuking them now? Do you seriously think that he would refrain from nuking them but then decide to nuke US if we provide him drones? You guys can't be serious?
oldcrow91
AG
Fitch said:

Take the nuke conversation to a new thread
Irish 2.0
jabberwalkie09
AG

More farmers getting in on the Russian yard sale apparently.
Irish 2.0
I love these tractors taking Russian tank videos!! ****ing Ukraine has just as many rednecks as Texas it seems. Just like that dude walking off with the live mine.
Who?mikejones!
Big Al 1992
AG
Good thread listing several ways Russia went wrong tactically

jabberwalkie09
AG

The Barents and Norwegian seas are about to become very busy by the looks of it. I'd imagine we and the Brits have quite a few assets in this area now for obvious reasons.
Charpie
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

I love these tractors taking Russian tank videos!! ****ing Ukraine has just as many rednecks as Texas it seems. Just like that dude walking off with the live mine.

When I was describing these videos to my kid she said, "They sound like a bunch of rural Texans!"
RoadkillBBQ
aTmAg said:

Because Putin is all in on this and it's not going well for him. Couple that with statements from folks that have personally talked and dealt with him in the past stating he isn't the same man and something appears off.
So we have an angry, apparently unstable man who is losing a war and possibly his position at the head of the table which could cost him his life that is in charge of nukes.
Who?mikejones!
Staff....do your thing please
BenFiasco14
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Wow this is surprising considering the Swiss didn't even take a side in WWII
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
No Spin Ag
Agthatbuilds said:

This is what a peace force looks like from a dictator.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Who?mikejones!
Who?mikejones!
No Spin Ag said:

Agthatbuilds said:

This is what a peace force looks like from a dictator.

It's also what Syria looks like
RONA Ag
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

The Swiss don't want to be on the wrong side of history here. It's simply incredible what has happened over the last couple days. A European continent that we all expected to be passive and standby while a sovereign nation was swallowed is standing up in the face of a facist dictator and committing the resources to support a non Nato member. I never thought I'd see the day
Eliminatus
AG
Definitely looks like Grad strikes in urban civilian areas. First videos out are bad.

This escalated again but not to a point I think NATO does anything militarily. This happened in 2014 as well and nothing happened then either. But maybe with so many eyes on this conflict now.....who knows.

Russia has always maintained a heavy fires doctrine. This is natural to them. The Ukes may start being reluctant in taking prisoners.....and so it goes.
erudite
RONA Ag said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

The Swiss don't want to be on the wrong side of history here. It's simply incredible what has happened over the last couple days. A European continent that we all expected to be passive and standby while a sovereign nation was swallowed is standing up in the face of a facist dictator and committing the resources to support a non Nato member. I never thought I'd see the day
No, it's because the EU has a total monopoly on Swiss movement outside of their borders, and imports/exports.
That's how the EU got the Swiss to "back" tighter gun control laws, by threatening to cut them off from the rest of the world.

Anyways, regarding the cyberwar...
erudite
Also, I could not get this video to upload but I thought I should share. Ukrainian farmer requisitioning an abandoned Osa AA system for castle doctrine.
jobu93
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Man, I REALLY like the Poles. They are some hard people.

I do want to point out this is exactly why Russia wouldn't want Ukraine in NATO. This point, I get. I think they could have easily prevented it a different way because strategically, it makes perfect sense.

The GRADs hitting civilians is a major chapter change IMO. They were doing everything to minimize colatteral damage and that seems to have stopped. Surprisingly, admittedly, their advance to that point had been handled with kid gloves. They thought they had an easy victory and that has passed.
Pinabobina
CNN on tv (I know, don't judge. I usually watch Fox but they had ex-prez of Ukraine on) reporting peace talks as a 3 mile convoy of Russian tanks are headed to Kyiv at the exact same time. Also bombs down on Kharkiv

That's speaks more than what is happening in that meeting.

I wonder if Putin has a grasp of what we are seeing? Perhaps those around him are afraid to report the losses?

First Page Last Page
Page 133 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.