***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,552,650 Views | 47733 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by 74OA
SidsBurnerAccount
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Didn't see this posted.
JFABNRGR
AG

Compilation combat vid.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
JobSecurity
AG
This is apparently in the location of the bridge that the ukrainians destroyed yesterday north of Kyiv

Kenneth_2003
AG
BQ_90 said:

Boo Weekley said:

Waffledynamics said:

Man that is some Texas or Louisiana ass sh**.
Tractor had a Z on it, most likely Russian driving it
different tractor video.
ttu_85
txags92 said:

ttu_85 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Jsimonds58 said:

Holy ****

Guy is a senior advisor EU parliament.
Then he is a dumbass announcing this. Good lord !!!
What if it is cover? Claim "NATO is giving them new jets that will be in the air shortly", then fly in a few pairs of F35s to dismantle the Russian armored columns traveling toward Kiev. Gives plausible deniability...as has been said, Putin is going to take it the same either way, so why go to the trouble of sending old crap planes.
Several problems. THe mig-29's are not at all stealthy. The F-35 is pretty darn but not perfectly stealthy. And advance radar could tell the difference. Besides the the F-35 is a front line NATO fighter first. Yes it can do ground attacks but how well? Four are not going to do it well enough to "dismantle" a Russian armored thrust.

The take away: Very high escalation risk for a minimal to moderate military return.
JB!98
AG
GE said:

JB!98 said:

Unless they have some way of refueling the Mig-29's they don't have the combat radius to get to Kyiv from Lviv and have any on station time. They really can't make if from Poland to Kyiv and back. The Mig-29 has short legs like the F-18, I just don't know how they will get them close enough to the action to be effective.

Unless they are meant to be CAP over the West as a last resort.
Do we have reason to believe they don't have a way to refuel them
I don't know if the Ukes have or had any air to air refueling capability, but even if they did you need a very permissive environment to do it in theater. Most folks don't operate their tanking assets in a high threat environment.

Just look at the tanker tracks on ADS-B and where they are located. Those assets and the AWACS are going to be high value and kept out of harms way as much as possible.
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
EastSideAg2002
EU should just say F it and declare on Belarus.
RangerRick9211
AG
Hard to sanction an economy that's already turd!
Rosstafari
txags92 said:

ttu_85 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Jsimonds58 said:

Holy ****

What if it is cover? Claim "NATO is giving them new jets that will be in the air shortly", then fly in a few pairs of F35s to dismantle the Russian armored columns traveling toward Kiev. Gives plausible deniability...as has been said, Putin is going to take it the same either way, so why go to the trouble of sending old crap planes.

Heavily modified, NATO compliant MiGs. Not just old crap.
JobSecurity
AG
This has been rumored all day but this is the biggest outlet to pick it up

jt16
AG
RangerRick9211 said:

Hard to sanction an economy that's already turd!

Think they mean military action
TRM
AG
JobSecurity said:

This is apparently in the location of the bridge that the ukrainians destroyed yesterday north of Kyiv

SidsBurnerAccount
https://www.pm.gov.au/media/economic-measures-against-russia-and-lethal-military-equipment-ukraine

Australia in with sanctions and lethal aid.
RangerRick9211
AG
Yeah, I know. Just saying that sanction lever wouldn't have the same effect on Belarus. They're already on the verge of 3rd world. They suck. Boom 'em.
TriAg2010
AG
ttu_85 said:

txags92 said:

ttu_85 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Jsimonds58 said:

Holy ****

Several problems. THe mig-29's are not at all stealthy. The F-35 is pretty darn but not perfectly stealthy. And advance radar could tell the difference. Besides the the F-35 is a front line NATO fighter first. Yes it can do ground attacks but how well? Four are not going to do it well enough to "dismantle" a Russian armored thrust.

The take away: Very high escalation risk for a minimal to moderate military return.

Introducing new battlefield tech (F-35s) is definitely more of an escalation that providing Ukraine more of something they already have (MiG-29s). It's a very fine line to walk. We want to defeat Russia without provoking them to escalate or retaliate in some new way.
chickencoupe16
AG
JobSecurity said:

So we'll recieve reports of another downed IL-76 by 6:30?
Robk
chickencoupe16 said:

JobSecurity said:

So we'll recieve reports of another downed IL-76 by 6:30?
Fingers crossed
ttu_85
TriAg2010 said:

ttu_85 said:

txags92 said:

ttu_85 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Jsimonds58 said:

Holy ****

Introducing new battlefield tech (F-35s) is definitely more of an escalation that providing Ukraine more of something they already have (MiG-29s). It's a very fine line to walk. We want to defeat Russia without provoking them to escalate or retaliate in some new way.
Exactly my point ! Well stated
stetson
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

FTAco07 said:

Non aviator translation? Why would they take out the good stuff and make them go old school analog radio?

Not an aviator, there are a few on this board though. If these are going to be flying immediately over, either they are going over as-is and they will be going with their pilots flying the Ukrainian Flag as Ukrainians or the other countries have been already been preparing for this eventuality over the last couple of days and ripped any sensitive equipment out.

Frankly, I'm really wondering if we are going to be seeing a modern day Flying Tigers basically.

It would be so badass if the 29s came from Poland and Polish "citizens" were flying them. Poles flew with the RAF as early as the Battle of Britain.
jabberwalkie09
AG
WolfCall
AG
Sad news about Berdyansk
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10558367/Russia-takes-small-Ukrainian-town-naval-base-population-100000-people-tanks-in.html

Quote:

Russia takes small Ukrainian town with a naval base and a population of 100,000 people: Tanks move in and armed men take over municipal buildings

• Russian forces have entered and taken control of the town of Berdyansk
  • The southern Ukrainian town has a small naval base on the Sea of Azov
  • Oleksandr Svidlo, the acting mayor of the town posted a message to the town's residents on his Facebook page on Sunday
  • He explained how officials had been asked to continue working but had decided to leave the the town hall offices instead of working under 'armed men'
By JAMES GORDON FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 18:42 EST, 27 February 2022 | UPDATED: 19:57 EST, 27 February 2022
Seabreeze
TRM said:

JobSecurity said:

So they are trying to row across a fortified river bank, you can't make this this **** up.
TriAg2010
AG
stetson said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

FTAco07 said:

Non aviator translation? Why would they take out the good stuff and make them go old school analog radio?

Not an aviator, there are a few on this board though. If these are going to be flying immediately over, either they are going over as-is and they will be going with their pilots flying the Ukrainian Flag as Ukrainians or the other countries have been already been preparing for this eventuality over the last couple of days and ripped any sensitive equipment out.

Frankly, I'm really wondering if we are going to be seeing a modern day Flying Tigers basically.

It would be so badass if the 29s came from Poland and Polish "citizens" were flying them. Poles flew with the RAF as early as the Battle of Britain.

MiG-29s coming to the rescue to stop a Russian invasion of Europe is something from a Clancy novel where we'd go "ok, yeah, right."
aTmAg
AG
Why is always America who is concerned with escalation? Seems like the last war where we didn't care was WW2. Which, ironically, is the last war we really won. Maybe that is not a coincidence?
agsalaska
AG
2wealfth Man said:

go take that convoy out right now with those aircraft; you can evidently fly right down the row of 'em for miles
Absolutely.

We could do the highway to Baghdad all over again. And hopefully we(the greater western world) does this very soon.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

txags92
AG
JobSecurity said:

Would be nice to see those new EU migs setup on the Belarus border and smoke those paratroopers out of the sky within a few minutes of entering UK airspace.
SidsBurnerAccount
Emailed with a Russian banker friend tonight. Part of his update on the war situation in Russia.

"People are very upset, everyone is protesting, going outside to demonstrate the war but police jails many protesters, it's full blown Soviet-era repression over there. I'm watching the state sponsored TV coverage, it's crazy slanted like Hitler's is propaganda. Putin's circle is really paranonid, everyone is scared to say anything, those who don't follow along end up in jail or worse. It's incredible what's happening. Hope something can change but every one is depressed, not a whole lot of options."

Seems like the people know what's going on, just don't have many options to change the domestic political situation yet.
lb3
AG
GE said:

JB!98 said:

Unless they have some way of refueling the Mig-29's they don't have the combat radius to get to Kyiv from Lviv and have any on station time. They really can't make if from Poland to Kyiv and back. The Mig-29 has short legs like the F-18, I just don't know how they will get them close enough to the action to be effective.

Unless they are meant to be CAP over the West as a last resort.
Do we have reason to believe they don't have a way to refuel them?
It's difficult to fly tankers over contested airspace.
BTHOtrolls
AG
Thanks for posting, this is information that makes TexAgs such a great community. Hope your friend stays safe and maintains internet to provide further updates.
flakrat
AG
txags92 said:

JobSecurity said:

Would be nice to see those new EU migs setup on the Belarus border and smoke those paratroopers out of the sky within a few minutes of entering UK airspace.
Or spread a bunch of stingers along the border!
TriAg2010
AG
aTmAg said:

Why is always America who is concerned with escalation? Seems like the last war where we didn't care was WW2. Which, ironically, is the last war we really won. Maybe that is not a coincidence?

There is long-standing concern that tit-for-tat escalations between nuclear powers leads to nuclear war. That is not exclusively an American perspective. We have never warred against a nuclear power, nor has Russia. The more we ratchet lethal aid to Ukraine and sanctions on Russia, the more we risk entering fully into war with Russia - a nuclear power - with the aforementioned concern of a slipper slope towards nukes flying. I think they are manageable risks, but we must act deliberately and consider how our actions will be perceived.

Honestly the biggest concern I have right now isn't providing lethal aid to Ukraine, it's that Europe has closed all available air space to reach Kaliningrad. I think that's a really bad idea because it pokes directly at one of Russia's biggest fears and insecurities without really advancing our war fighting objective. That's the kind of careless escalation we don't need that could make the conflict worse.
agsalaska
AG
AgsMyDude said:

Dan Scott said:

We've already essentially declared war on Russia. We're supplying Ukraine and sanctioning their economy. If I'm Russia that's declaration of war

I was about to ask...what's the difference between providing weapons, aircraft, etc and bombing them ourselves? In their eyes it's probably equivalent
I am sure on the ground they don't really know the difference.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

RangerRick9211
AG
TriAg2010 said:

aTmAg said:

There is long-standing concern that tit-for-tat escalations between nuclear powers leads to nuclear war. That is not exclusively an American perspective. We have never warred against a nuclear power, nor has Russia. The more we ratchet lethal aid to Ukraine and sanctions on Russia, the more we risk entering fully into war with Russia - a nuclear power - with the aforementioned concern of a slipper slope towards nukes flying. I think they are manageable risks, but we must act deliberately and consider how our actions will be perceived.

Honestly the biggest concern I have right now isn't providing lethal aid to Ukraine, it's that Europe has closed all available air space to reach Kaliningrad. I think that's a really bad idea because it pokes directly at one of Russia's biggest fears and insecurities without really advancing our war fighting objective. That's the kind of careless escalation we don't need that could make the conflict worse.

I really wonder what conversations we're having with China to intervene. I feel like a nuke voice in the room that isn't NATO would help.
Ferg
RangerRick9211 said:

TriAg2010 said:

aTmAg said:

I really wonder what conversations we're having with China to intervene. I feel like a nuke voice in the room that isn't NATO would help.
ABATTBQ11
AG
flakrat said:

txags92 said:

JobSecurity said:

Or spread a bunch of stingers along the border!

Don't have the range. Stinger is a short range missile. They could potentially get them on ascent or descent, but not cruising altitude.
First Page Last Page
Page 123 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.