***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,553,570 Views | 47734 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by 74OA
Not a Bot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They definitely have the edge of will.
TRM
AG
New round of bombings.

74OA
AG
Kyiv is key of course, but the Russians still only control a handful of places on the periphery of Ukraine. BBC
Jayhawk
No matter what happens in Kyiv, it will be critical to keep the western border open so that the west can sustain regular Ukrainian forces and potentially guerilla forces if it comes to that.
gamedrunk
AG
JobSecurity said:

This is actually (official) big news to me, especially after Russia threatens the world with Nuclear. Even though it is mostly talk and very unlikely, a 1% chance is still too much for me.

I saw some posts about removing Russians from the US. I prefer to have them here and track them because I know if there is a sudden evacuation, then it is more serious than 1%.
AgsMyDude
AG
Jayhawk said:

No matter what happens in Kyiv, it will be critical to keep the western border open so that the west can sustain regular Ukrainian forces and potentially guerilla forces if it comes to that.

I'm surprised the Russians haven't tried to occupy that tbh. Surely they know the Ukrainians are getting supplies that way.
TRM
AG
Mark Fairchild
AG
Totally agree. Pray and Pray some more.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
I Like Mike
AG
20 tomahawks would be nice right now
TriAg2010
AG
gamedrunk said:

JobSecurity said:

This is actually (official) big news to me, especially after Russia threatens the world with Nuclear. Even though it is mostly talk and very unlikely, a 1% chance is still too much for me.

I saw some posts about removing Russians from the US. I prefer to have them here and track them because I know if there is a sudden evacuation, then it is more serious than 1%.

I think civil unrest in Russia is a more credible risk to Americans than nuclear warfare. I think there's a good chance you could see serious disruption to public services in Russia in the coming days due to the impact of financial sanctions, the ongoing run on banks, possible goods shortages, and possible protests against the Putin regime. With many air transportation links closing, better to get out sooner than later if you need to.
WolfCall
AG
Making Russians pay.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1572568/Ukraine-Russia-live-invasion-vladimir-Putin-mocked-resistance-kyiv-Volodymyr-Zelenskyy
Quote:

Ukraine-Russia LIVE: Putin's humiliating losses exposed - 4,300 dead and 146 tanks smashed
RUSSIAN forces have lost about 4,300 servicemen during their invasion of Ukraine so far according to a top official.
By BRIAN MCGLEENON, TERESA GOTTEIN MARTINEZ 22:09, Sun, Feb 27, 2022 | UPDATED: 22:21, Sun, Feb 27, 2022

Ukrainian deputy defence minister Hanna Malyar said on Sunday that the number of dead could be as high as 4,300, but it still needed to be clarified. She also said on her Facebook page that Russian troops lost about 146 tanks, 27 aircraft and 26 helicopters.

The news comes after Putin has been mocked by Ukraine after the nation has stood firm amidst 72 hours of bitter onslaught.

The conflict is now in its fourth day and Russian forces have taken out key oil and gas facilities, but the Ukrainian resistance remains intact.

Minister of Defence of Ukraine Oleksii Reznikov tweeted: "72 hours of resistance! The world didn't believe. The world doubted. But we did not just stand, we confidently continue to fight with Russian occupant!....

Hope springs eternal in the breast of man:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10557869/Former-CIA-chief-says-Russia-overstretched-military-lacks-troops-subdue-Ukraine.html
Quote:

Former CIA station chief says 'Russia has overstretched' its military supply lines and lacks troops to 'subdue' Ukraine
  • 'Russia has overstretched,' Daniel Hoffman said Saturday regarding the invasion, which has fallen behind schedule due to resistance from Ukrainian troops
  • 'Vladimir Putin took a great risk here. He's dealing with extended supply lines, which is having.. a negative impact on his troop's ability to move,' Hoffman said
  • 'There are major rivers in Ukraine that also pose challenges,' he went on, 'and there are large cities - and Russia just doesn't have the troops to subdue them'
  • 'Time is on Ukraine's side,' the 30-year CIA vet, who served as a three-time station chief and undercover operative asserted
By ALEX HAMMER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 16:18 EST, 27 February 2022 | UPDATED: 17:23 EST, 27 February 2022

Kenneth_2003
AG
TRM said:

Do the Russians consider a battalion something different than we do???
GAC06
AG
TRM said:

I feel like they've been predicting a landing every day since the start
JobSecurity
AG
bigangrytexan
AG
gamedrunk said:

JobSecurity said:

Really? Tracking Russians here? Many of whom are American Citizens?

What's next, you want to put them in internment camps like we did to the Japanese in WW2?

WTF is wrong with you?

USMC 0231, 2003-2008
OIF, OEF
akaggie05
AG
Pretty sure he's talking about Russian citizens, dude. Those here on student or work visas, etc.
Fitch
AG
JobSecurity said:

Oh. Dandy.
jabberwalkie09
AG
JobSecurity said:

Hmmmm. ****.
EastSideAg2002
jabberwalkie09 said:

JobSecurity said:

Hmmmm. ****.
Would this indicate a future attack on Europe?
Dorm 15
AG
Since when has Russia cared about it's citizens?
aeroag14
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

JobSecurity said:

Hmmmm. ****.

Idk about an attack. But it does seem to indicate that they think this thing isn't coming to an end any time soon.
Charpie
AG
Consider the source of that tweet y'all
Irish 2.0
Russia moving into full isolationism formation…
AggieBaseball06
AG
JobSecurity said:

Seems easier to control messages of dissent if all of your people are back in the motherland. Putin doesn't strike me as the type to care if a few of his own die in a European strike.
jabberwalkie09
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

JobSecurity said:

Hmmmm. ****.

Unclear at this time. Russia imo doesn't give two ****s about the populace. It is possible that it could just be a tit for tat reaction since we and other countries are saying to leave Russia.

If find this a little uncharacteristic imo.
Gordo14
JobSecurity said:

That's from Chinese state media. Not really buying it. They are desperately trying to reverse the NATO momentum without directly supporting Russia.

aggiehawg
AG
Fitch said:

JobSecurity said:

Oh. Dandy.
Trying to get all of their oligarchs back in country?
Rock1982
AG
Yes, the Russians have reorganized the BNs with supplemental forces from the Div or Corps level. Now called BTGs, the purpose was to give more combat force and agility at a lower tactical level. Similar in theory to how our BDEs are often reorganized into Brigade Combat Teams BCTs
RangerRick9211
AG
Can never post tweets right on mobile.

Rubio just posted another ominous update. Bleh.
aggiehawg
AG
aggielostinETX
AG
cap-n-jack
Wouldn't it be some sheet if the dude was about to go full on Branch Davidian? Burn the whole mf'er down.
I really hope not.
Love Gun
aggiehawg said:

Land mines have warheads?
Irish 2.0
aggiehawg said:

Fitch said:

JobSecurity said:

Oh. Dandy.
Trying to get all of their oligarchs back in country?

Most if not all of the important ones are already there. Putin called them home before he started
The Shank Ag
Love Gun said:

aggiehawg said:

Land mines have warheads?

Plausible
First Page Last Page
Page 118 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.