***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,553,594 Views | 47734 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by 74OA
SidsBurnerAccount
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Denmark joins Sweden in sending arms.
Cen-Tex
AG
Wonder if the Ukrainians are using IED's ?
Ulrich
One relatively poor per-capita economy trying to keep up with half a dozen modern economies seems like a bad bet when it comes to resupplying an active war zone.
johnrth
Is it just me or does it seem Russia is done for in the world, like N. Korea style? It's like every 1st world country is giving arms, money etc to help Ukraine and businesses, and any ties with Russia are getting cut left and right.
GAC06
AG
Cen-Tex said:

Why screw with an IED when you have a crap ton of state of the art fire and forget anti armor missiles? IED's are what you do when you don't have anything else.
Whoop Delecto
AG
DP
GAC06
AG
It can't be overstated how important it has been that Ukraine acquitted itself well in the outbreak. Also how important it was that we and the UK and the Baltic states sent them missiles before the invasion. Now all the countries too timid to commit before are piling on against Russia.
lb3
AG
JobSecurity said:

Would make for one hell of a fire team, but without our intelligence, communications, and transport what will their role be?

Training civilians, VIP protection, reconnaissance?
Jock 07
AG
GAC06 said:

Jock 07 said:

GAC06 said:

Jock 07 said:

GAC06 said:

Jock 07 said:

JobSecurity said:

Irish 2.0 said:

flakrat said:

According to https://www.defconlevel.com/ we are still at Defcon 3, no change since Putin's statement.

Biden won't do that. It'll spook our market pretty bad if he did.

That website is run by some joe schmoe and has nothing to do with our or any other govt

This. The DoD isn't publishing the current DEFCON for public consumption.

Lots of instances where we announced DEFCON changes

In recent times? Help me recall when.

9/11

I know it was revealed later but when and who announced it on 9/11?

Perhaps you're right, I don't see a formal announcement after a quick search. But maybe a moot point because the Russians knew about it pretty much as soon as the order was given according to this. Not really something that can be kept quiet.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna645711

Quote:

Gen. Ralph "Ed" Eberhart, the commander of North American Aerospace Defense Command in Colorado Springs that day, told the 9/11 Commission in now-declassified Top Secret testimony that moving to DEFCON 3 was hotly debated.

Exactly, like I said we (US Govt) aren't publishing what our current DEFCON and other readiness levels are.
CondensedFogAggie
GAC06 said:

It can't be overstated how important it has been that Ukraine acquitted itself well in the outbreak. Also how important it was that we and the UK and the Baltic states sent them missiles before the invasion. Now all the countries too timid to commit before are piling on against Russia.

Yeah it's kind of like that friend that was hesitating from helping you at the beginning of a fight, but now that it looks like it's under control, he jumps in.

Still welcome though, will save Ukrainian lives if only to get Russia to negotiate sooner
JobSecurity
AG
E
AG
How soon can all these donations of weapons and armor get to Ukraine and Kyiv realistically?
RONA Ag
AG
lb3 said:

JobSecurity said:

Would make for one hell of a fire team, but without our intelligence, communications, and transport what will their role be?

Training civilians, VIP protection, reconnaissance?

This would likely be their best use. Also giving military command for inter city warfare and tactical oversight
BurnetAggie99
The best units in the Russian Marines are their Paratrooper Assault & Reconnaissance units. So will see if any of those 2,000 will be made up of those units
Jock 07
AG
GAC06 said:

Yup, and a lot of those European countries seem to be realizing it's time to commit resources for their mutual defense.
MouthBQ98
AG
They are being very visible with these announcements to notify Putin that he will be facing a long, determined, and well supplied resistance that would encourage him to reconsider pressing forward instead of negotiating.
CharlieBrown17
AG
E said:

How soon can all these donations of weapons and armor get to Ukraine and Kyiv realistically?

It's not hugely over the news but there's a sizeable US air bridge that will be fully in place this week.

Combined with the organic abilities of some of the EU, stuff will be in Poland as quick as it can be crated imo
powerbelly
AG
Jock 07 said:

GAC06 said:

Yup, and a lot of those European countries seem to be realizing it's time to commit resources for their mutual defense.

It's about ****ing time
RONA Ag
AG
JobSecurity said:

Is this true? I though there were still supplies and access getting into Kyev? If not this is a large update. They are going to need to find a way to break out
CharlieBrown17
AG
Military type supplies getting into the city versus a massive civvie evac are different levels of access imo
BQ78
AG
Russians seem to be living (dying) by the old cav mantra, "Death before dismount!"
Who?mikejones!
GAC06
AG
Jock 07 said:

GAC06 said:

Jock 07 said:

GAC06 said:

Jock 07 said:

GAC06 said:

Jock 07 said:

JobSecurity said:

Irish 2.0 said:

flakrat said:

According to https://www.defconlevel.com/ we are still at Defcon 3, no change since Putin's statement.

Biden won't do that. It'll spook our market pretty bad if he did.

That website is run by some joe schmoe and has nothing to do with our or any other govt

This. The DoD isn't publishing the current DEFCON for public consumption.

Lots of instances where we announced DEFCON changes

In recent times? Help me recall when.

9/11

I know it was revealed later but when and who announced it on 9/11?

Perhaps you're right, I don't see a formal announcement after a quick search. But maybe a moot point because the Russians knew about it pretty much as soon as the order was given according to this. Not really something that can be kept quiet.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna645711

Quote:

Gen. Ralph "Ed" Eberhart, the commander of North American Aerospace Defense Command in Colorado Springs that day, told the 9/11 Commission in now-declassified Top Secret testimony that moving to DEFCON 3 was hotly debated.

Exactly, like I said we (US Govt) aren't publishing what our current DEFCON and other readiness levels are.

But it's still known immediately so somewhat irrelevant
B-1 83
AG
GAC06 said:

Cen-Tex said:

Why screw with an IED when you have a crap ton of state of the art fire and forget anti armor missiles? IED's are what you do when you don't have anything else.
"Soft skinned" targets and any dismounted infantry? Anything to slow them down and insert doubt.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
SPSAg05
AG

Oof......
aeroag14
AG
SPSAg05 said:

Oof......

>50% drop in the value of the ruble, almost overnight
SidsBurnerAccount

SidsBurnerAccount

Norway following UK's lead.
et98
AG
RangerRick9211 said:

This was helpful to understand Russia's motivations. Obviously they want NATO off the table, but probably some form of petro-state demands (drop tarrifs on pass through transmission/guarantees on no development of reserves). They might also want to carve off the remaining ports in the south with Crimea (and the Donbas region).
Thank you for posting this video. I'm a history teacher and am working feverishly to pause our normal curriculum for 1 day tomorrow to explain what's going on in Ukraine (why it's happening from different historical & motivational perspectives, what's happening currently, and different takes on what might happen next). I've been poring over tons of information all weekend, and this video is a great & concise resource that has helped figure out how to articulate certain things with great visuals that I can crop & use.

Thanks!
Picard
AG
SidsBurnerAccount said:

That. Is. Awesome!
Bag
AG
odds are pretty good the dumbass loses the crimea over this
Spaceship
AG
Man it seems the sanctions are piling on in accelerated fashion now. Putin seems to be getting a big squeeze, less the European gas buying which is the most impactful.
FriscoKid
AG
Bag said:

odds are pretty good the dumbass loses the crimea over this

That's what Israel would do. If they get attacked they kick the invaders ass and then take some of their land for even trying.
lb3
AG
Just in time deliveries mean that modern cities only have a few days worth of supplies on hand.

The runs on HEB and other supply chain issues at the start of the Pandemic are nothing like the hoarding an invasion would spark. If Russia is having trouble supplying their 150k man invasion force, Kiev and it's 3 million residents will be scavenging and turning on each other soon.

Hopefully most of the population left when they had the opportunity.
bonfarr
AG
DCPD158 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Robert C. Christian said:

Some people are just built different.

Mother ****er waking around with a live mine smoking a Marlboro
With his good friend filming him. That the "bro" system at work right there.

I wish he would have said "hold my beer" in Ukrainian right before picking it up.
First Page Last Page
Page 110 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.