***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,554,351 Views | 47734 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by 74OA
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Agthatbuilds said:

Add them back to swift?

Why would the world not demand putin step down before removing the sanctions?

Because as much as we hate it, he's still got the nuke codes and his interior hasn't turned on him yet. If he withdraws the assault, major financial concessions in terms of sanctions will be removed by the UN
bonfarr
AG
aeroag14 said:

TheCougarHunter said:

Here's my prediction

Putins gig is up. They negotiate a peace where Ukraine cedes the disputed zone in the east to Russia, Russia agrees to war reparations. Putin gets to save face with a "win" and their economy doesn't get wrecked. Ukraine remains a sovereign state.

The alternative is Russia escalates their use of force and things get out of control quickly.

Doubt highly the Ukrainians are going to cede Russia land

Zelenskyy has already said no Ukrainian territory will be ceded in any negotiation.
JobSecurity
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

flakrat said:

According to https://www.defconlevel.com/ we are still at Defcon 3, no change since Putin's statement.

Biden won't do that. It'll spook our market pretty bad if he did.

That website is run by some joe schmoe and has nothing to do with our or any other govt
Who?mikejones!
I'm not so sure that'd be the case
hunter2012
AG
RangerRick9211 said:

flakrat said:

According to https://www.defconlevel.com/ we are still at Defcon 3, no change since Putin's statement.

Lol, you missed it by a minute. Level 2 on the current status page and last updated today.
Does this really compare to the Cuban Missile Crisis, which was the last time we were are DEFCON 2? Russia raised their alert status to just their second level.
Irish 2.0
Agthatbuilds said:

I'm not so sure that'd be the case

You honestly think that if Putin said "I'll withdrawal all troops immediately if these sanctions are removed" the UN wouldn't do it? Make the concession that they're lifted after the last soldier crosses back into Russia and the UN will do it I think.
JobSecurity
AG
RangerRick9211
AG
hunter2012 said:

RangerRick9211 said:

flakrat said:

Lol, you missed it by a minute. Level 2 on the current status page and last updated today.
Does this really compare to the Cuban Missile Crisis, which was the last time we were are DEFCON 2? Russia raised their alert status to just their second level.

I honestly just clicked on the link. The website is plastered with ads and very jank. Zero trust in it's accuracy.
Who?mikejones!
It'd be a stupid deal for the un to make, so yeah, they'd probably do it.

flakrat
AG
RangerRick9211 said:

flakrat said:

Wow that was timely.

I didn't realize we had separate Defcon levels for different regions. Europe Defcon level just got bumped to 2
https://www.defconlevel.com/european-command-news.php#breaking news

Luckily, Space Command level is still at 5
Who?mikejones!
JobSecurity
AG
JobSecurity
AG
LostInLA07
AG
Yeah it's just a dude with a popular domain name. The US doesn't routinely publicize the defense condition of our forces (and I'm not an expert at all but I believe defense posture can vary by command, etc.)
EllisCoAg
AG
This has to be one of the greatest real time game threads on TexAgs, thanks everyone for your insights.
richardag
Ags4DaWin said:

RONA Ag said:

SPSAg05 said:

This is a big moment, break in tensions that Ukraine should string out in order to give their troops time to rest and weapons and ammunition from NATO to reach them

How do you not realize that a lull in fighting is more beneficial from a resupply standpoint for Russia than it is for Ukraine?

Ukraine should tell them to **** off.

The fighting doesn't stop until all invading forces are outsise Ukraine borders.

A lull gives Russia time to reinforce and resupply...now they know where the Ukrainian forces are weakest and they can remanuever to those points after stalling "talks" for a few days.
Has there been a cease fire? If not how does this help Russia resupply?
JobSecurity
AG
Rubio continuing to put info out about Putin's health..

Strongweasel97
AG
JobSecurity said:

I know we're all armchairing this, but the more things like this I hear and I just think they're throwing spaghetti at the wall because other things aren't working.

Seems very real-time RPG ish, as if Putin just added another factory for increased build time and is sending in units piecemeal.

JobSecurity
AG
JobSecurity
AG
I don't understand the immediate strategic value of Mariupol. In a long term occupation it makes sense but it's not going to help them take Kyiv or overthrow the govt
flashplayer
AG
JobSecurity said:

I don't understand the immediate strategic value of Mariupol. In a long term occupation it makes sense but it's not going to help them take Kyiv or overthrow the govt

At this point the Russians probably just want to capture any city for propaganda.
SidsBurnerAccount

The EU now goes to full ban on Russian aircraft of any type (including oligarchs). I still think pressuring the oligarchs will be the off-ramp to get rid of Putin and reintegrate Russia into Europe.

Edited to say it includes a ban on Russian state-owned media broadcasting into EU.
akaggie05
AG
All EU airspace closed to Russia. Watching press conf on BBC news now.
JobSecurity
AG

Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Lieutenant General Valery Zaluzhny:
- We are opposed by one of the largest armies in the world. But we are stronger! And every day our benches get stronger. In 2 days almost 100 thousand citizens were mobilized, half of them are reservists of the TRO Forces!
# # stoprussia
Choobadooba
https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1497959594211090435?s=20&t=o7n2GM63w4R_Y0zvXGKtMg

I think so too
TheGroupGuy
flakrat said:

Gone to defcon 2
lb3
AG
Douph said:

Do you think the US has a communication channel with an oligarch or Russian high level military
The owner of the Brooklyn (Formerly New Jersey) Nets is holding on line 1.
Irish 2.0
Agreed. 100s of billions at stake if they don't reign on Putin
TX04Aggie
AG
EU president speaking. Tightening the sanctions and introducing new ones including extending the sanctions to Belarus. Also, for first time EU is purchasing as a bloc new military hardware and weapons to send to Ukraine. Also kicking out Russian media of the EU. (RT and Sputnik)
Charpie
AG
EllisCoAg said:

This has to be one of the greatest real time game threads on TexAgs, thanks everyone for your insights.

That's exactly what this thread is.

For you newbies, go back at least 10 pages to keep y'all from posting the same stuff that is already on here or debunked.

And for the rest of y'all, carry on. You guys are the best!

Viva Ukraine
Irish 2.0
aggielostinETX
AG
EU support is becoming a tidal wave…

Charpie
AG
No. We don't know what level we are at. Read the thread
Jock 07
AG
JobSecurity said:

Irish 2.0 said:

flakrat said:

Biden won't do that. It'll spook our market pretty bad if he did.

That website is run by some joe schmoe and has nothing to do with our or any other govt

This. The DoD isn't publishing the current DEFCON for public consumption.
SidsBurnerAccount
It may seem silly to some, but I think the Chelsea FC news yesterday (owner transferring club to trustees) was a big deal. Cutting these guys off from London is actually huge. My wife is in London negotiating with Lloyds every year and she says the Brits are very tired of Russian influence in the UK.
First Page Last Page
Page 107 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.