***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,553,584 Views | 47734 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by 74OA
AgLiving06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bag said:

RONA Ag said:

SPSAg05 said:

This is a big moment, break in tensions that Ukraine should string out in order to give their troops time to rest and weapons and ammunition from NATO to reach them
anything less than total victory for putin a disaster.

of course, its already a disaster but this would be the end of him I would think

I don't think a total victory is possible anymore. He may win this war, but he's lost the people and the world.

Any outcome now is essentially a loss because there's nothing he can do to save face globally.
Who?mikejones!
No reason to join now. The ukes can kick their ass without paying dues to nato or being in the EU.

74OA
AG
Congratulations Putin, you truly are Russia's worst enemy.

He's knocking the rust off NATO; I hear creaks of machinery starting move.

The new Tsar has even woken the Germans from their long sleep.

The law of unintended consequences is in full play.
buzzardb267
AG
SPSAg05 said:

Yeah, but it is creating "sky is falling" rhetoric on the news channels!
flashplayer
AG
Yeah I don't give up a thing if I'm Zelensky. You can get out and we will return your POWs.

Russia will never actually make payments on reparations.

All Ukraine gains from talks are a chance to refortify and dig in deeper.
aeroag14
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Why would Ukraine give anything up at this point?

Because Russia has enough artillery and rocket assets to turn Kiev and all major cities into smoking piles of rubble.

At the expense of their entire economy and excessive military personnel and assets that they can't replace because their economy is in shambles
Ag In Ok
AG
fullback44 said:

I was following along in one of the tweets and found and interesting comment

The head commander for Chechnya who is there leading his soldiers against the Ukraine said that

"we are losing this battle because the Ukraine army is loaded to teeth with modern weapons from the West, he says their equipment is no match against the modern weapons that Ukraine is using"

Sounds like the shoulder fired weapons like the Javelin and NLAW are tearing the invaders a new one

Makes me think if the stories Andy Stumpf had on one of his podcasts about using the javelin against troop positions.
We need to increase the number of javelins, gustavs, NLAWS, stingers, et al by 10. The new paradigm isn't a gun behind every blade of grass but a hell of a lot more firepower than before. I bet the Baltic states are ramping up orders and training to that effect.
i is smart
AG
74OA said:

I hate to say it, but the world kind of needed a wake-up call.
Ags4DaWin
RONA Ag said:

Ags4DaWin said:

RONA Ag said:

SPSAg05 said:

This is a big moment, break in tensions that Ukraine should string out in order to give their troops time to rest and weapons and ammunition from NATO to reach them

How do you not realize that a lull in fighting is more beneficial from a resupply standpoint for Russia than it is for Ukraine?

Ukraine should tell them to **** off.

The fighting doesn't stop until all invading forces are outsise Ukraine borders.

A lull gives Russia time to reinforce and resupply...now they know where the Ukrainian forces are weakest and they can remanuever to those points after stalling "talks" for a few days.

Take it down a notch partner. With Russia already having exhausted 2/3rds of their men and all of their rocket supply (which has been documented as needing months to get more) more aid from nato to Ukraine is going to help. Russia isn't about to go and commit an addition 100,000 men to this war effort.

You are assuming that Putin is rational. His actions thus far indicate that he is not.

Sure Ukraine gets some benefit from a lull in that they are going to get some additional supplies from NATO.

i don't think for a second after a few days of fighting russia has used 2/3 of their rockets.

Its vastly more important for russia to shore up supply lines than it is for Ukraine to get more aid.

Ukraine has been able to get supplies up to this point.

Russia has been struggling to get fuel trucks in to refuel artillery and armored units.

Russia is depending on those units more than Ukraine is depending on aid to successfully achieve thier goals.

These talks are 100% a tactical mistake while russian soldiers are on Ukranian soil.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Why would Ukraine concede anything?

You kick the school yard bully in the teeth and still give him your lunch money?
Ag In Ok
AG
buzzardb267 said:

SPSAg05 said:

Yeah, but it is creating "sky is falling" rhetoric on the news channels!

I assumed as much - driving the mobile ICBMs by our embassy (i assume) would have been enough of a warning.
MaroonStain
AG
A lull in fighting provides time for Russians in Ukraine to contemplate capitulating.
TheCougarHunter
AG
aeroag14 said:

TheCougarHunter said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Because Russia has enough artillery and rocket assets to turn Kiev and all major cities into smoking piles of rubble.

At the expense of their entire economy and excessive military personnel and assets that they can't replace because their economy is in shambles

If you're the leader of the country would you be willing to gamble on the lives of millions of your people? Or give up a sliver of eastern land?

Just remember you're dealing with a man with nothing to lose. It's a tough call
98Ag99Grad
AG
Not gonna lie, Putin worries me now that he's getting his ass handed to him. How does he save face here and spin this? I'm 50/50 on him lobbing a nuke into Ukraine at this point. This has been an embarrassment for him.
Who?mikejones!
Ag In Ok said:

fullback44 said:

The head commander for Chechnya who is there leading his soldiers against the Ukraine said that

"we are losing this battle because the Ukraine army is loaded to teeth with modern weapons from the West, he says their equipment is no match against the modern weapons that Ukraine is using"

Sounds like the shoulder fired weapons like the Javelin and NLAW are tearing the invaders a new one

Makes me think if the stories Andy Stumpf had on one of his podcasts about using the javelin against troop positions.
We need to increase the number of javelins, gustavs, NLAWS, stingers, et al by 10. The new paradigm isn't a gun behind every blade of grass but a hell of a lot more firepower than before. I bet the Baltic states are ramping up orders and training to that effect.

Read an article yesterday by a British army think-tank suggest there should be should fired rocket companies as part of the standard make up.

It would make Armor very difficult to use
Johnny04
Isnt this likely just Putin buying time to resupply his forces in Ukraine?

I'm done appeasing crackpot dictators just because they have a nuke button. Are we going to go through this exercise every time russia decides to bully around a non-nuclear nation?
74OA
AG
SPSAg05 said:

Nuclear forces are always on alert.

What Putin wants is for us to publicly match his rhetoric to frighten the world and pressure Europe into abandoning Ukraine. We're not playing into that gambit.

First strike does not achieve Putin's ultimate goal: regime survivability. This is a bluff.

We need to be as brave as the Ukrainians.
UrbanDecay
AG
FireAg said:

TheCougarHunter said:

Here's my prediction

Putins gig is up. They negotiate a peace where Ukraine cedes the disputed zone in the east to Russia, Russia agrees to war reparations. Putin gets to save face with a "win" and their economy doesn't get wrecked. Ukraine remains a sovereign state.

The alternative is Russia escalates their use of force and things get out of control quickly.

I think an cease fire involves ceding the contested territories in the East…

I doubt reparations happen…

I think Ukraine also pledges to remain NATO-neutral…

I think Zelensky should tell him to leave and give Crimea back. That's at least where I would start.
aeroag14
AG
TheCougarHunter said:

aeroag14 said:

TheCougarHunter said:

Agthatbuilds said:

If you're the leader of the country would you be willing to gamble on the lives of millions of your people? Or give up a sliver of eastern land?

Just remember you're dealing with a man with nothing to lose. It's a tough call

You give up the land, then the thousands of Ukrainians died for nothing.

"Thanks for giving your life for your country, we're just going to still give the land to the invading dictator…"
Douph
Do you think the US has a communication channel with an oligarch or Russian high level military
74OA
AG
aeroag14 said:

TheCougarHunter said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Yep. Ukraine will eventually get the equivalent of Marshall Plan Part 2, while Russia will be left to rot.
Jayhawk
Wall Street Journal headline:

"Germany to Raise Defense Spending Above 2% of GDP in Response to Ukraine War

Decision breaks with decades of lower investment in defense than peers and a growing energy partnership with Russia"

The Russians done eff'd up now..
fullback44
AG
74OA said:

Well for one thing is that he's shown his firepower to NATO and the West and they realize Puttin would lose a real ground war very fast, they are ill equipped to handle the West's modern weapons.. he's shown his cards, his only card now is nuclear weapons …. He will be done if he tries that
74OA
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Not gonna lie, Putin worries me now that he's getting his ass handed to him. How does he save face here and spin this? I'm 50/50 on him lobbing a nuke into Ukraine at this point. This has been an embarrassment for him.
With hundreds of thousands of Russian troops and millions of Russian-speakers in Ukraine? It would be the end of Putin.
Keegan99
AG
fullback44 said:

Link to the tweet?
flashplayer
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

Why would Ukraine concede anything?

You kick the school yard bully in the teeth and still give him your lunch money?

This exactly. It's pathetic that some folks are ready to roll over to a totalitarian like Putin so easily. It's clear he isn't as powerful as he thought.
Jayhawk
74OA said:

aeroag14 said:

TheCougarHunter said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Yep. Ukraine will eventually get the equivalent of Marshall Plan Part 2, while Russia will be left to rot.
After this, I would be happy to Marshall Plan with the Ukes, they are the size of Texas and apparently populated by beautiful women and heroic warriors.
Who?mikejones!
74OA said:

98Ag99Grad said:

With hundreds of thousands of Russian troops and millions of Russian-speakers in Ukraine? It would be the end of Putin.

This is likely the end of putin already
Keegan99
AG
RONA Ag said:

Seen reports of European and American nationals making their way into Ukraine to help fight. Pretty incredible if true!!!

Where did you see these reports? Link?
txags92
AG
If I am the Ukes, I make "not blowing up the Russian gas pipelines to Europe" a part of the discussion. If the Russians are going to threaten destroying cities, then they should understand what they stand to lose in exchange.
B-1 83
AG
Douph said:

Do you think the US has a communication channel with an oligarch or Russian high level military
Wouldn't be a bad bet.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
RONA Ag
AG
74OA said:

98Ag99Grad said:

Honestly, as horrific as that scenario would be, it would be the best thing for the world and would result in him being removed by his own people immediately after.
OKC~Ag
National talking heads like meet the press on now are not adding new insight than what is here...

Irish 2.0
If Putin would've stopped in Donbas and not furthered the assault into Ukraine, he'd have Donbas and an impartial western society. The west would collectively say "well it was at war for 8yrs with people that wanted to be Russian." The move beyond Donbas triggered these actions from the west. If Putin doesn't finish this assault and gain Ukraine, he is vulnerable to his interior turning on him. If he attempts to use nukes I think someone in his interior takes him out. Regardless, I think Putin is done in Russia
98Ag99Grad
AG
74OA said:

98Ag99Grad said:

It's already the end. He's done on a world level after this and will be isolated by everyone but China and Iran.
First Page Last Page
Page 105 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.