***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,554,505 Views | 47734 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by 74OA
74OA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TX04Aggie said:

BBC backing off the meeting happening on the border of Belarus. Saying Ukraine has not confirmed that this meeting is on.
nortex97
AG
I am dubious of the EU ever doing something both good and fast. But, happy to see them at least try.

Pinabobina
Apparently at the border? Why would they agree to meet at that specific location when they can meet at a neutral location, anywhere?

2wealfth Man
AG
So do these Russian oligarchs want to see their world go up in smoke. They better do something about Putin. ASAP
TX04Aggie
AG
Yeah sounds like a conversation is happening but nothing is completely set for the meeting.
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

I am dubious of the EU ever doing something both good and fast. But, happy to see them at least try.
One of life's unalterable truths - "Good, fast, or cheap. Pick any two"
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Charpie
AG
Even WAPO has picked up the meeting
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
agent-maroon said:

Quote:

One of life's unalterable truths - "Good, fast, or cheap. Pick any two"

I think Europe's version says "pick only ONE"
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Ulrich
People are talking about China like it's a potential ally of Russia, even if for just a few weeks because they want cover to get into Taiwan or to exert pressure on Taiwan or even just because China and Russia are both bad guys so they must be in cahoots. I think that's probably wrong.

I bet Russia's missing crack troops (to the extent that there are crack troops and that they aren't actually in Ukraine somewhere) are in reserve to deter China and others from carving off a chunk of Russia or deposing one of Putin's puppets, or even Putin himself.
OPAG
AG
Quote:

crazy thought, what would a couple dozen drone strikes ocer the Kremlin do in terms of the russians mental might, cant just ait here and play defense all day
Yes that is a crazy thought. Really, you do know that Russia is not taking the gloves off at all. They fighting in many ways like we did in certain instances. we are trying to eliminate collateral or civilian deaths.

The one thing you do not want to do is go on the offensive against Russia, that is why Putin did what they did. They feel that they are being encroached on by the "Cabal States" of the west and there is pretty good history of the west invading Russia. Yea!

No, no, no. as soon as you go on the offensive against Russia, the gloves come of and this things goes nuts. Do not assume because Russia is trying to fight a limited offensive invasion here that they are incapable of escalating things to and level that no one will like. They have a massive array of really nasty weapons including tactical nukes.

The Russians are not well equipped or have much of history of tactical surgical offensive intrusions and that is obvious here. Do not give them any reason to flip the switch to go into what they do best mode!

An offensive move against Russia itself is absolutely crazy. Yea it is!
"only one thing is important!"
TX04Aggie
AG
Ukraine Foreign Minister giving a press conference, seems it is for Ukraine citizens but is in English and now asking for more help and accusing some countries of allowing loopholes to keep trade open (Germany and India) also asking anyone who wants to fight for Ukraine to contact the embassies in their country. Basically walking through the international response and sanctions, etc. Also throwing a lot of shade at Belarus.

WestTexAg12
AG
Proc92 said:

Are there portable or man fired weapons that are used to counter artillery, maybe by tracking the arc of incoming rounds? Or is that really only possible with large systems?

Typically just a counter battery radar system. Nothing man portable that I know of.
wildmen09
AG
FireAg said:

SPSAg05 said:

Naive, uneducated question, but even if Vlad were demented enough to launch a nuke, what are the chances that it would even make it from point A to point B anywhere in the world without being taken out by some kind of defense system?

I think that all depends on how many nukes are in play…would he launch just one or would he launch a full on strike against the West, which, we would be forced to respond to…

Someone needs to take down Putin and his inner circle before this gets to a point where the nuclear threat becomes imminent…

First strike is not in their doctrine nor does it achieve Putins ultimate goal: regime survivability. This is a bluff.

The talks on the other hand are surely a bluff to allow for a resupply.
agent-maroon
AG
A meeting in Belarus is just Russian propaganda, right? There's no way the Ukes could even be considering a meeting anywhere near there or even along their border?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
2wealfth Man
AG
agent-maroon said:

A meeting in Belarus is just Russian propaganda, right? There's no way the Ukes could even be considering a meeting anywhere near there or even along their border?
how about GTFO then we talk
JobSecurity
AG
OPAG
AG
Quote:

Part of me wishes Russia provokes the rest of the world into disposing of them for good - that way China has no formidable ally. On the bright side that probably buys 50+ years of relative peace assuming the US doesn't fracture politically.
This is like really stupid, thinking with emotions is not a good idea here. You act like Russia is just going to sit back and get wiped out and do nothing? I mean really, Do not make the mistake to think that because Russia really sucks at trying to execute a surgical clean and limited type of offensive incursion that they are totally inept in all areas of war fare. Please!!
"only one thing is important!"
JobSecurity
AG
agsalaska
AG
I said on another thread that I was hopeful Putin would not survive this. The more I watch the more I believe that is a real possibility.

There is no way he can take Ukraine with the forces that he has available. The Ukes are well armed and even if Russia is able to establish some kind of foothold or even hold a major city the Ukes are going to shoot the **** out of them for months on end. He is crashing his currency and now bringing us all closer to a nuclear disaster.

Some well placed Officer needs to pull out their gold plated Makarov and put a bullet in his head before he gets everyone killed.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

black_ice
Let's stay on topic everyone
Irish 2.0
Live video link for Kyiv
Ulrich
I don't see anything recently that is off topic.
Keegan99
AG
nm
agsalaska
AG
Ulrich said:

Yea my speculation post about Putin was. Should have put it in the other thread. My bad.

Carry on. This is a great thread.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

JobSecurity
AG
Robk
Ulrich said:

Me either, but I have seen comments that could quickly push it off.
B-1 83
AG
Can those of you with current situational knowledge confirm whether resupply lines into Kiev are still open? If not, all those incoming weapons will be of little use to the defenders of the major Russian objective and potential meat grinder.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Irish 2.0
Yeah. My bad. I had that other video from the 9/11 thread copied to send to my brother. Caught it right away.
Waffledynamics
AG
I've seen talk about thermobaric weapons. If Russia actually uses them, especially on population centers, would this be a trigger for more direct action from NATO?
Robk
Irish 2.0 said:

Live video link for Kyiv

Bottom left has to be a loop, right? Too much activity.
Bag
AG
I am confused, I thought historically Turkey was allies with Russia, am I off base?
FireAg
AG
Waffledynamics said:

I've seen talk about thermobaric weapons. If Russia actually uses them, especially on population centers, would this be a trigger for more direct action from NATO?

I think it puts Vlad squarely in the court of an international tribunal if he loses this fight…

But I don't see NATO taking an offensive stance unless nukes are deployed…

For better or worse, I think nukes throw all ROE off the table…
Irish 2.0
Turkey is NATO, but they have/had an arms agreement with Russia. If Russia backs out of the arms agreement I'm sure concessions were made by other NATO countries for supply
Waffledynamics
AG
B-1 83 said:

Can those of you with current situational knowledge confirm whether resupply lines into Kiev are still open? If not, all those incoming weapons will be of little use to the defenders of the major Russian objective and potential meat grinder.

I haven't seen a map recently, but is there any indication that Russia has surrounded Kiev or gotten control of the Uke's supply lines?
74OA
AG
B-1 83 said:

As long as Ukraine's long land border with NATO countries is open, supply lines are also open. Such is the case.
First Page Last Page
Page 103 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.