***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,555,525 Views | 47735 Replies | Last: 29 min ago by 74OA
Charpie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aeroag14 said:

Reports of a second AN76 downed by the Ukes
aeroag14
AG
nm
jabberwalkie09
AG

I do find it interesting that Google maps is also a useful tool for spotting not only blown up bridges as we saw earlier today, but also for locating street battles.
Dan Scott
AG
Is Russia not capable of this. If you don't invade a country like this you're doing it wrong.

TRM
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Maybe they remember the famines under Stalin. Or maybe they are dealing with their own problems. Actually, both probably.
Didn't Kazakhstan overthrow their govt last week?
Charpie
AG
I watched that live. That was freaking amazing.

And I agree.
Eliminatus
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

I do find it interesting that Google maps is also a useful tool for spotting not only blown up bridges as we saw earlier today, but also for locating street battles.
I, as a point man in my front line infantry unit in Iraq in '07, was handed my map to navigate my squad through the bushlands of the Euphrates.

It was a badly laminated Google Map print out. I still have it somewhere actually.
jabberwalkie09
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
TRM said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Maybe they remember the famines under Stalin. Or maybe they are dealing with their own problems. Actually, both probably.
Didn't Kazakhstan overthrow their govt last week?

That's what TexAgs said iirc. I didn't look into it too closely.
RangerRick9211
AG
Russia could bomb Kyiv to rubble I'd wager.

But then what's the point? They want a puppet state. Kinda hard when there's no capital to govern from.
Nitro Power
AG
RangerRick9211 said:

Russia could bomb Kyiv to rubble I'd wager.

But then what's the point? They want a puppet state. Kinda hard when there's no capital to govern from.
Valid point.

Putin won't have the resources to rebuild it either.
jabberwalkie09
AG

Unverified, but seeing some interesting posts pop up of possible signals. From flashing lights in an apartment to this.
Who?mikejones!
Claverack
The sad thing is that the leadership currently in place in Ukraine is not the leadership that was in place back in the 1990s.

That was the time to develop a strong military. That was the time to start preparing for the Russians.

Finland began preparing for a Russian invasion in the 1920s.

They were not ready to fight in terms of numbers or weaponry in 1939.

But strategically and logistically, they were completely prepared to wage war on their own ground against an arrogant and unprepared enemy.

The problems the Ukrainians face now are the result of decisions made decades before by leaders refusing to understand their own history and the eternal threat of the neanderthal trash to their east.

The Russians are back to what they were in 1939: unprepared to fight and over-confident in their abilities.

Just a shame the table wasn't properly set for Zelensky. The ass getting whipped on a regular basis would be Russian.

Who?mikejones!
Russians are definitely trying to get to uke president before daylight
jabberwalkie09
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Agreed. Looking like coordinated attack toward the city center across the western and northern areas of the city.
Eliminatus
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

I don't think it is any stretch of the imagination to assume that Russia is racing against a clock now. And they know it.

Zelensky is absolutely a priority target and I am rather surprised there hasn't been a concerted effort to get him yet.

Again, just in complete puzzlement over this whole thing. This is the most unRussian invasion Russia could do. It's almost stupid in some regards at the strategic and tactical levels. Is Russia getting exposed here as a top tier fighting force???
jabberwalkie09
AG
n_touch
Eliminatus said:

Agthatbuilds said:

I don't think it is any stretch of the imagination to assume that Russia is racing against a clock now. And they know it.

Zelensky is absolutely a priority target and I am rather surprised there hasn't been a concerted effort to get him yet.

Again, just in complete puzzlement over this whole thing. This is the most unRussian invasion Russia could do. It's almost stupid in some regards at the strategic and tactical levels. Is Russia getting exposed here as a top tier fighting force???

Same questions here. Seems to be pieced together at the last minute and not something strategically planned. Really exposing how bad the Russian military is. Not a good look for Putin.
Who?mikejones!
Eliminatus said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Yep. They need the Ukrainian govt to fall and fall now. Every day this goes on is one day closer to disaster for the Russians.

It will be interesting to see how the Ukrainian people respond when Russian eventually gets it man. They going to lay down or fight back?
Nitro Power
AG
I don't see them laying down now. They were up against seemingly insurmountable odds, but they have been fighting like hell. They aren't giving up.
Who?mikejones!
n_touch said:

Eliminatus said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Same questions here. Seems to be pieced together at the last minute and not something strategically planned. Really exposing how bad the Russian military is. Not a good look for Putin.

It's like they tried to mix a precision western strategy with a blitzkrieg run with an overwhelming multi directional assualt without the skills or weapons to do so efficiently.

We're they trying to show off? That's what it feels like
YouBet
AG
Eliminatus said:

Agthatbuilds said:

I'm wondering if their chain of command is just completely disorganized and not top shelf.
jabberwalkie09
AG

This is obviously from pre-invasion but that's a big "oof" for German foreign intelligence.
jabberwalkie09
AG

Not sure on the location for this.
rgag12
AG
I don't get the notion that Russia is working against some clock. They've reached and almost encircled the enemy capital in less than 2 days. The president of Ukraine is wanting to die defending city, or so he portrays.

If the ultimate goal is to overthrow the government and install a pro-Russian puppet, what's the difference if it takes 3 days versus 7 days. The prestige?

Seabreeze
Luke 10:19 KJV
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you
God bless Ukraine
YouBet
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

This is obviously from pre-invasion but that's a big "oof" for German foreign intelligence.
Germany has relegated themselves to third world status when it comes to legitimacy in military and foreign intelligence matters. No one should take them seriously anymore.
YouBet
AG
Meanwhile, some jackass on CNN is saying that Ukraine needs to be negotiating a surrender with Russia. Uh, no.
AgBQ-00
AG
Traditionally Russians take a long while to get their stuff together and the steamroll once they get their masses going. But to not be better prepared for an offensive you planned is headscratching to say the least.
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
battles in the live stream seem to be getting closer and closer
TRM
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
rgag12 said:

I don't get the notion that Russia is working against some clock. They've reached and almost encircled the enemy capital in less than 2 days. The president of Ukraine is wanting to die defending city, or so he portrays.

If the ultimate goal is to overthrow the government and install a pro-Russian puppet, what's the difference if it takes 3 days versus 7 days. The prestige?

Sustainment/logistics. There's enough reports of armored vehicles running out of fuel and being abandoned, and I posted a video of some Russians taking what looked like groceries/food from a store. The Russians don't seem to be able to actual sustain this imo.

You need beans, bullets, and blood to fight a war.
htownag10
AG
It's a parody before you fact check me

Robk
YouBet said:

Meanwhile, some jackass on CNN is saying that Ukraine needs to be negotiating a surrender with Russia. Uh, no.
I was listening to that and getting pissed off. I mean I guess it is a take on it, but not one I would want to follow or consider if this was happening in my country.
First Page Last Page
Page 62 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.