***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,556,295 Views | 47736 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by ABATTBQ11
SPSAg05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rossticus said:

Ukrainians embodying this at the moment.

Commandancy of the Alamo
Bejar, Fby. 24th 1836

To the People of Texas & all Americans in the world

Fellow citizens & compatriots

I am besieged, by a thousand or more of the Mexicans under Santa Anna. I have sustained a continual Bombardment & cannonade for 24 hours & have not lost a man. The enemy has demanded a surrender at discretion, otherwise, the garrison are to be put to the sword, if the fort is taken. I have answered the demand with a cannon shot, & our flag still waves proudly from the walls. I shall never surrender or retreat

Then, I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & every thing dear to the American character, to come to our aid, with all dispatch. The enemy is receiving reinforcements daily & will no doubt increase to three or four thousand in four or five days.

If this call is neglected, I am determined to sustain myself as long as possible & die like a soldier who never forgets what is due to his own honor & that of his country

Victory or Death

William Barret Travis
Lt. Col. comdt
Rossticus
We're seeing the modern equivalent.

YouBet
AG
Rossticus said:

Dumb threat. They will find Finland to be no fun if they want to tangle there. That would be world war.
YouBet
AG
Moving post to new thread.
powerbelly
AG
FireAg said:

Rossticus said:

Let's call their bluff and see what happens…

Add them to NATO…then let Vlad make the next move…

Does Vlad have the stones to take on all of NATO?
Russia doesn't want that Finland heat.
Keegan99
AG
Is that a Tactical and Strategic Update?
YouBet
AG
Keegan99 said:

Is that a Tactical and Strategic Update?
Maybe not. I thought about making it it's own thread. I will do that.
Eliminatus
AG
S2 update: These dudes are some of the best I have seen in the OSINT world since I first discovered the term a couple of years ago.

This should be a good summary of stuff in the last 48 hours. Haven't seen it yet but they specialize in the strategic views that we don't see from the MSM

jabberwalkie09
AG
Rossticus said:

We're seeing the modern equivalent.

The sense of national pride and resolve is extremely high.
TH36
Is there no live stream cams anymore? I'm on one on YouTube but it's daylight, isn't it almost midnight there?
74OA
AG

No idea if this is credible, but potentially huge if true.
JobSecurity
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
Rossticus said:

I posted this in the other thread but now it kind of feels relevant here.
Jock 07
AG
Love Gun said:

FincAg said:

Fox just interviewed a professor from his bomb shelter telling a story about how Russian paratroopers got lost in the neighborhood and were captured by the local people at gunpoint. And how other paratroopers were shot out of the sky by civilians.

Bona fide military targets

Actually I'm pretty sure it's technically against the geneva convention. Not sure if that applies to civilians or not though.

In any case...

aezmvp
Shooting hostile enemy paras during a drop illegal? Huh.
powerbelly
AG
Jock 07 said:

Love Gun said:

FincAg said:

Fox just interviewed a professor from his bomb shelter telling a story about how Russian paratroopers got lost in the neighborhood and were captured by the local people at gunpoint. And how other paratroopers were shot out of the sky by civilians.

Actually I'm pretty sure it's technically against the geneva convention. Not sure if that applies to civilians or not though.

In any case...

Only if they were parachuting out of a disabled plane. Firing on paratroopers is allowed.
74OA
AG
powerbelly said:

Jock 07 said:

Love Gun said:

FincAg said:

In any case...

Only if they were parachuting out of a disabled plane. Firing on paratroopers is allowed.
Absolutely. Armed combatants.
Jock 07
AG
powerbelly said:

Jock 07 said:

Love Gun said:

FincAg said:

In any case...

yup, looks like I was deadass wrong, thanks for the correction. Valuable knowledge for the Red Dawn.
Love Gun
Some people wonder if you have to wait for them to hit the ground before you can target them. Per the law of war, they can be engaged as soon as they're in the air.
**** Joe Biden
Ag In Ok
AG
JobSecurity said:

Best to shoot first and ask questions - their neighborhood is likely an early target.
LMCane
TH36 said:

Is there no live stream cams anymore? I'm on one on YouTube but it's daylight, isn't it almost midnight there?
saw video of the Russkies taking them down

at this point both sides might want to go dark
txags92
AG
powerbelly said:

Jock 07 said:

Love Gun said:

FincAg said:

In any case...

So does that change if it is a pilot from a disabled plane dropping in with a pistol strapped to his leg? He is an armed combatant.
Demosthenes81
AG
Jock 07 said:

Love Gun said:

FincAg said:

In any case...

They are not shooting at the paratroops, they are shooting at the parachutes and 'missing'.
Seven and three are ten, not only now, but forever. There has never been a time when seven and three were not ten, nor will there ever be a time when they are not ten. Therefore, I have said that the truth of number is incorruptible and common to all who think. — St. Augustine
powerbelly
AG
txags92 said:

powerbelly said:

Jock 07 said:

Love Gun said:

FincAg said:

In any case...

So does that change if it is a pilot from a disabled plane dropping in with a pistol strapped to his leg? He is an armed combatant.
My understanding is that he would be protected because he is "out of combat" and incapable of doing his combat duties.

Once he is on the ground and continues fighting I believe he is fair game.
JJxvi
AG
txags92 said:

powerbelly said:

Jock 07 said:

Love Gun said:

FincAg said:

In any case...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attacks_on_parachutists

Attacks on parachutists, as defined by the law of war, is when pilots, aircrews, and passengers are attacked while descending by parachute from disabled aircraft during wartime. Some people consider this practices to be inhumane. Such parachutists are considered hors de combat under the Protocol I addition to the 1949 Geneva Conventions, meaning that attacking them is a war crime. Firing on airborne forces who are descending by parachute is not prohibited
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Jock 07 said:

powerbelly said:

Jock 07 said:

Love Gun said:

FincAg said:

In any case...

yup, looks like I was deadass wrong, thanks for the correction. Valuable knowledge for the Red Dawn.

Seems to me like a bolt action rifle, a good scope with a scope camera, and some air born Russian paratroopers would be a decent recipe for some excellent Ukrainian propaganda videos….
MouthBQ98
AG
We're going to start seeing less media from inside soon as cell networks are taken down or lose power.
JR Ewingford
Dumbest ****ing thing Ive heard. Against war rules? Blow em the **** out the sky. Who cares kill each and every last one of em. If they suffer. So be it.
jabberwalkie09
AG

Some mkre fighting in the streets of Kyiv.
aggiehawg
AG
EwingBarnes said:

Dumbest ****ing thing Ive heard. Against war rules? Blow em the **** out the sky. Who cares kill each and every last one of em. If they suffer. So be it.
Turn their parachutes into swiss cheese and let the fall kill them.
jabberwalkie09
AG

Most recent map I have seen.
Rossticus
[There is a warning at the top of the thread and we already gave you a free removal. -Staff]
Who?mikejones!

Russians going to quit??
ttu_85
Rapier108 said:

Nitro Power said:

Let's put some things in perspective

"Fat Man" was dropped on Nagasaki had a blast yield of 21 kT...the TOPOL-M carries a nuclear warhead that is 500 kT

I don't think I need to explain further why I am 100% certain there will be no nuclear weapons used
Ivan has ICBMs with 20 megatons warheads. Others carry three to five, 5 megaton warheads.
Why ? Are their system still that inaccurate. in 1985 a Pershing II intermediate range BM could fly through the Kremlin window, WhyThe**** do they need anything bigger than 100KT unless their accuracy sucks.

They only other reason is city killing F* them
Chef Elko
AG
If we want to talk about shooting parachutes. This WW2 Ace has a great story.

First Page Last Page
Page 55 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.