***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,556,238 Views | 47736 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by ABATTBQ11
SidetrackAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TexAgsSean said:

I think that was a fake Walter Bloomberg account.
Oh ok
jabberwalkie09
AG

Fortification/preparation appearing
TX04Aggie
AG
BBC anchor is taking this Russian beaurocrat to the cleaners right now on tv. Former foreign minister to russia. This guy is as looney as Putin.
Señor Chang
AG
TRM said:

Has anyone seen this corroborated anywhere else?
SidetrackAg
AG
From earlier

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1497230279496376323?s=20&t=H-Swl_N9_Q3-kYxcs-HUqA
TRM
AG
Updated the post.
Irish 2.0
Señor Chang said:

TRM said:

Has anyone seen this corroborated anywhere else?

Comanche_Ag
AG
Does not look to be true.

SidetrackAg
AG
SidetrackAg said:

From earlier

https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1497230279496376323?s=20&t=H-Swl_N9_Q3-kYxcs-HUqA
GarryowenAg
AG
TX04Aggie said:

BBC anchor is taking this Russian beaurocrat to the cleaners right now on tv. Former foreign minister to russia. This guy is as looney as Putin.
synopsis?
aggiehawg
AG
SidetrackAg said:

SidetrackAg said:

From earlier

Zelensky would be a fool to go to Belarus. He'll be kidnapped and flown back to Moscow for a show trial.
Irish 2.0
TX04Aggie
AG
Essentially BBC asking for explanation on what particular threat Putin thinks Ukraine poses etc…. The former foreign minister said:
1) Putin is completely justified in his actions to protect Russias sovereignty against bad actors
2) Ukraine has been infiltrated with nazi's and Russia must go in and denazify the Ukranian government.

Then the BBC guy while still being fairly objective tried to dismantle and challenge him, asking why Russia has provided no evidence to the UN and other world leaders, why there hasn't been any record of abuses and aggression by Ukraine etc.

The Russian kept going on about nazi's, brits and americans et etc. Nutjob he came across as
TriAg2010
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Man, this guy is going on like three days of Caps Lock, huh?
Irish 2.0
Basically all of his tweets are in caps because that is how Bloomberg terminal puts them out
frorge
AG
txags92 said:

chickencoupe16 said:

chickencoupe16 said:

JJxvi said:

aggiehawg said:

oneeyedag said:

Chernobyl issues. The amount of radiation seeping out there is measured in sieverts. Above 10k approximately about 30 days before you die.

Depending on the wind, and how many sieverts are in the air, the damage could filter into the water system, or worse be sorta to a nuke.
How much is a sievert? Because yesterday I saw the per hour rate at Chernobyl went from 3200 to 65,500, nSv
When dealing with radiation, it really matters with regard to exposure per time (those figures you are quoting is probably per hour). A sievert is generally indicative of a 5% chance of cancer in a lifetime in terms of risk.

nano is 10^-9 so 65,500 nanosieverts is 0.0000655 sievert
According to that website, 65,500 nSv is basically nothing. Add 3 zeros to go from micro to nano. https://www.familydentisttree.com/the-honest-truth-about-radiation-from-dental-x-rays/

The dental xray lasts a second or two at that dosage. Rad exposure dose is based on strength of exposure multiplied by the duration of exposure. So if they are seeing 65.5 millisieverts per hour, and they get exposed to that level for 30 days, you are looking at a total dose of 47 sieverts.
Sorry to be that guy, but this calculation is still off by a factor of 1000.

65,000 nano Sieverts (nS) = .065 milli Sieverts (mS) = .000065 Sieverts.

Exposure for 24 hrs / day for 30 days = .000065 * 24 * 30 = .047 Sieverts.
MarkTwain
People can say whatever they want about this, but these Ukrainians will fight their asses off. Unlike those goat f****** that cut an run immediately. The Ukrainians are facing insurmountable odds and will more than likely lose but they are going down with their boots on.

But sure do miss whatever kinda policy you call this. Mr Potato Head is spineless. Waiting 30 days to see what happens.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
deddog
AG
LMCane said:

oldmanguy said:

I find myself being continually surprsed that Russia has largely ignored it's own doctrine. So many areas of attack with little to no prep of battlefield.

The taking of the airfields was great for them, but you have to think that their timetable is shot to hell because the heavies couldn't get there to hold the ground.

Just a really curious action IMO.
very strange to land some Spetsnatz or paratroop aviation infantry in that chopper borne attack on the airport outside Kiev.

unless you had heavy transport planes landing 10 minutes later bringing in armor and artillery
The Russians have a long history of very questionable tactics.
I recall an entire mechanized battalion being wiped out in the Grozny center, because they sent in BMPs into the center of a hostile city, and none of the troops disembarked.
jabberwalkie09
AG

First I've seen of Russian drones being used.
gamedrunk
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

As much as I hate these turds sometimes, good on them
I dont know who to believe anymore...
ABATTBQ11
AG
His keyboard has a caps unlock
MarkTwain
gamedrunk said:

Irish 2.0 said:

As much as I hate these turds sometimes, good on them
I dont know who to believe anymore...

Damn sure not Louise Mensch
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
LMCane
TRM said:

I am constantly dumbfounded how many Russkie choppers are just flying around near populated cities.. and not a single RPG is fired.

Much less javelins or stingers.

We are talking about technology from 1964 here!!

why in the @#$#@ didn't the Ukes pass out 3,000 RPGs all around the country?
txags92
AG
frorge said:

txags92 said:

chickencoupe16 said:

chickencoupe16 said:

JJxvi said:

aggiehawg said:

oneeyedag said:

Chernobyl issues. The amount of radiation seeping out there is measured in sieverts. Above 10k approximately about 30 days before you die.

Depending on the wind, and how many sieverts are in the air, the damage could filter into the water system, or worse be sorta to a nuke.
How much is a sievert? Because yesterday I saw the per hour rate at Chernobyl went from 3200 to 65,500, nSv
When dealing with radiation, it really matters with regard to exposure per time (those figures you are quoting is probably per hour). A sievert is generally indicative of a 5% chance of cancer in a lifetime in terms of risk.

nano is 10^-9 so 65,500 nanosieverts is 0.0000655 sievert
According to that website, 65,500 nSv is basically nothing. Add 3 zeros to go from micro to nano. https://www.familydentisttree.com/the-honest-truth-about-radiation-from-dental-x-rays/

The dental xray lasts a second or two at that dosage. Rad exposure dose is based on strength of exposure multiplied by the duration of exposure. So if they are seeing 65.5 millisieverts per hour, and they get exposed to that level for 30 days, you are looking at a total dose of 47 sieverts.
Sorry to be that guy, but this calculation is still off by a factor of 1000.

65,000 nano Sieverts (nS) = .065 milli Sieverts (mS) = .000065 Sieverts.

Exposure for 24 hrs / day for 30 days = .000065 * 24 * 30 = .047 Sieverts.
Yep, I skipped the micro between nano and milli. Good catch.
ABATTBQ11
AG
They have to have them.
Jock 07
AG
Has there been any discussion on sanctions or imposed costs on belearus? They need to feel the west's wrath just as much as the soviets.
japantiger
S
erudite said:

Ninja'd.

https://lloydslist.maritimeintelligence.informa.com/LL1139981/Ships-hit-by-missiles-as-Ukraine-forces-defend-Odessa-and-Mariupol

-- Hhmm, it seems they can't say who actually shot the ships, just as likely the Ukraines. It seems a gun battle was ongoing in Maripoul
"He did not know who was behind the missile strike,"
-- no evidence to suggest shipping is being targeted by either side...quote " there was nothing to suggest they were being targeted"
-- the ship that was offshore was crewed by Russians...seems a funny choice for Russia to take...probably easier to just appeal to their patriotism

When any Washington establishment RINO declares a reason to escalate, get NATO and thus us involved, you should all look deeper. I'm just old enough to remember the Gulf of Tonken...
LMCane
TRM said:

wouldn't the Ukes just run around finding the beacons

and then set up ambushes for when the Russkies come walking by?
jabberwalkie09
AG
japantiger said:

erudite said:

Ninja'd.

https://lloydslist.maritimeintelligence.informa.com/LL1139981/Ships-hit-by-missiles-as-Ukraine-forces-defend-Odessa-and-Mariupol

-- Hhmm, it seems they can't say who actually shot the ships, just as likely the Ukraines. It seems a gun battle was ongoing in Maripoul
"He did not know who was behind the missile strike,"
-- no evidence to suggest shipping is being targeted by either side...quote " there was nothing to suggest they were being targeted"
-- the ship that was offshore was crewed by Russians...seems a funny choice for Russia to take...probably easier to just appeal to their patriotism

When any Washington establishment RINO declares a reason to escalate, get NATO and thus us involved, you should all look deeper. I'm just old enough to remember the Gulf of Tonken...

Russia hit a commercial vessel in the Black Sea on the first night.
TRM
AG
LMCane said:

TRM said:

wouldn't the Ukes just run around finding the beacons

and then set up ambushes for when the Russkies come walking by?
Honestly, I don't know how the Russians are using them. Is it navigational for troops? Used for bombing?

Ukraine has been telling people to break them or report to local authorities.
htownag10
AG
And what you're saying makes sense to any logical person. I 100% agree with you. What I'm saying is look at who we are dealing with. Putin doesn't get told no by his own people. If he thinks Finland is a threat it becomes a comparable scenario. Non-nato country on his board that might join NATO. He's already shown how he handles that.
LMCane
aggiehawg said:

SidetrackAg said:

SidetrackAg said:

From earlier

Zelensky would be a fool to go to Belarus. He'll be kidnapped and flown back to Moscow for a show trial.
seeing reports that Zelensky asked Israel to host peace talks in Jerusalem

that would actually be a very good plan as Israel has good relations with both parties and it's not in Europe
dodger02
AG
Wolverines!

I wonder if these things are "breadcrumbs" for infantry or beacons for airborne and artillery attacks?
ChoppinDs40
AG
GarryowenAg said:

aggie orbitalwelder said:

How much preposition heavy equipment is there in Europe?
Would units like 1cav, 1 infantry and 4 infantry have to ship most of their armor with them
We have prepositioned heavy equipment in several key locations throughout Europe and at sea for this specific instance.
buddy of mine in the army was set to get moved to Ft. Hood after graduating from Lt. Col school... he's now getting reassigned and will likely be heading to Europe to fight those drunk ruskies.
74OA
AG
Zelenskyy showing huge stones. We ain't going nowhere.
First Page Last Page
Page 52 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.