***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,556,844 Views | 47736 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by ABATTBQ11
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Charpie said:

Let's hope not.

Why would they not? Turkey bought S-400 systems from Russia, even after we warned them not. It lead to them being kicked out of the F-35 program, which they had already invested in. In exchange they're supposedly going to get more f-16's but Turkey has shown quite a bit of interest in Russia's Su's fighters.

I don't think that Turkey is going to cut that technological line until they have basically no choice.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

It would be irresponsible to not ready some troops

You're right, which NATO could have done months ago. Though I would like to point out that we would be the backbone and majority of that type of operation.
japantiger
S
JobSecurity said:

Color me skeptical.
jabberwalkie09
AG
LMCane said:

and this is the problem- while some Ukes are very brave, they have no tactical ability or even common sense.

this is about the worst possible way to try to defend an urban area

That looks kind of staged to me, like they're conducting drills. Just like watching. The Russian soldiers CNN conduct squad movements on TV yesterday.
Who?mikejones!
Yep. Only France and England really have a ready force that's of decent size.
aggiehawg
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Worse than anticipated for Russia?

Chernobyl?
aeroag14
AG
japantiger said:

JobSecurity said:

Color me skeptical.

There are pics and videos so, pretty certain it's actually happening.
Who?mikejones!
Also aligns with nato prepping a force
aezmvp
aeroag14 said:

japantiger said:

JobSecurity said:

Color me skeptical.

Not to mention Romanian and Turkish flagged vessels being attacked.
Who?mikejones!
jabberwalkie09
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Yep. Only France and England really have a ready force that's of decent size.

I can't remember where I read it, but the majority of UK's readily deployable assets are already deployed. I'm unsure what kind of force they could muster together if needed for deployment though.
Who?mikejones!
Waffledynamics
AG
https://news.bloomberglaw.com/international-trade/chinese-state-banks-restrict-financing-for-russian-commodities?fbclid=IwAR2ccN3wmqbNME0hWHcr0mG7n7ct_r3uzX94V3y00aP2w5jXj6o5M8UUBZg

Quote:

China State Banks Restrict Financing for Russian Commodities (1)

At least two of China's largest state-owned banks are restricting financing for purchases of Russian commodities, underscoring the limits of Beijing's pledge to maintain economic ties with one of its most important strategic partners in the face of sanctions by the US and its allies.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

CNN has a guycin Kherson right now. He has tenuously said that the Ukrainians have the key bridge right now but more Russian attacks are expected.
erudite
Agthatbuilds said:

That's not good, Osa's make up the majority of Ukraine's mid-low altitude level (helicopter+ CAS) defenses. What was the Ukranians thinking? The Osa is a (relatively small) highly mobile, amphibious unit with its own radar and fire control. Break up the units and move separately.
Demosthenes81
AG
Waffledynamics said:

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/international-trade/chinese-state-banks-restrict-financing-for-russian-commodities?fbclid=IwAR2ccN3wmqbNME0hWHcr0mG7n7ct_r3uzX94V3y00aP2w5jXj6o5M8UUBZg

Quote:

At least two of China's largest state-owned banks are restricting financing for purchases of Russian commodities, underscoring the limits of Beijing's pledge to maintain economic ties with one of its most important strategic partners in the face of sanctions by the US and its allies.

Given that all of China's financial institutions are controlled by, in not outright owned by the state, this is just a shell game for appearances sake. I am sure other banks will pick up the slack.
Seven and three are ten, not only now, but forever. There has never been a time when seven and three were not ten, nor will there ever be a time when they are not ten. Therefore, I have said that the truth of number is incorruptible and common to all who think. — St. Augustine
nortex97
AG
Woah. This is...horrible if true.

TRM
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Quote:

Russian commodities can still be bought with yuans if given approval, but they can't use dollars. I was surprised they even put up any restrictions though.
Who?mikejones!

The balls on this guy
Irish 2.0

As much as I hate these turds sometimes, good on them
jabberwalkie09
AG

Beijing getting tired of Vlad's **** now?

ETA: article posted above.
erudite
nortex97 said:

Woah. This is...horrible if true.

"War Crime".
A metro is a transportation nexus and thus likely a conduit for military logistics. I'm not saying they can't, but the optics of that is not good.
japantiger
S
aeroag14 said:

japantiger said:

JobSecurity said:

Color me skeptical.

So you can verify the veracity of the report and video?
Who?mikejones!
japantiger said:

aeroag14 said:

japantiger said:

JobSecurity said:

Color me skeptical.

So you can verify the veracity of the report and video?

erudite
Ninja'd.
OPAG
AG
Quote:

Canadian special forces are actually legit, we probably have some on the ground helping out. Since we have planes in the area we likely have combat controllers with the green berets
I can assure you, there are not US Green Berets in Ukraine involved in this in any capacity.
"only one thing is important!"
GAC06
AG
LMCane said:

and this is the problem- while some Ukes are very brave, they have no tactical ability or even common sense.

Or it's a photo op. They've been at war for eight years.
erudite
Reports that Odessa IADS net just shot down a plane or missile of some kind. No proof yet.
LMCane
erudite said:

Agthatbuilds said:

That's not good, Osa's make up the majority of Ukraine's mid-low altitude level (helicopter+ CAS) defenses. What was the Ukranians thinking? The Osa is a (relatively small) highly mobile, amphibious unit with its own radar and fire control. Break up the units and move separately.

I think a pretty obvious takeaway conclusion is that the Ukrainians may be brave, but they are nearly idiotic in their military tactics and deployments.

I was just a Captain in the Air Force, but after reading history books for the last 30 years I could have prepared a stronger defense than Zelensky did.

just read books on what the Germans did to the Soviets in Ukraine in the fall of 1941!!
LMCane
GAC06 said:

LMCane said:

Or it's a photo op. They've been at war for eight years.
Reuters claims it was a new photo just taken in Kyiv
LMCane
OPAG said:

Quote:

Canadian special forces are actually legit, we probably have some on the ground helping out. Since we have planes in the area we likely have combat controllers with the green berets
I can assure you, there are not US Green Berets in Ukraine involved in this in any capacity.

OMG could you imagine what Putin would do if the Russians captured US military personnel?!?!
jabberwalkie09
AG

Are you ****ing kidding me? This just about deserves its own ****ing thread!

Quote:

WASHINGTON Over three months, senior Biden administration officials held half a dozen urgent meetings with top Chinese officials in which the Americans presented intelligence showing Russia's troop buildup around Ukraine and beseeched the Chinese to tell Russia not to invade, according to U.S. officials.

Each time, the Chinese officials, including the foreign minister and the ambassador to the United States, rebuffed the Americans, saying they did not think an invasion was in the works. After one diplomatic exchange in December, U.S. officials got intelligence showing Beijing had shared the information with Moscow, telling the Russians that the United States was trying to sow discord and that China would not try to impede Russian plans and actions, the officials said
GAC06
AG
LMCane said:

erudite said:

Agthatbuilds said:

I think a pretty obvious takeaway conclusion is that the Ukrainians may be brave, but they are nearly idiotic in their military tactics and deployments.

I was just a Captain in the Air Force, but after reading history books for the last 30 years I could have prepared a stronger defense than Zelensky did.

just read books on what the Germans did to the Soviets in Ukraine in the fall of 1941!!

Jesus dude. No. You couldn't.
74OA
AG
Today's British MOD briefing. It offers a more credible view, in contrast to the hysteria that Kiev has essentially fallen.

jabberwalkie09
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 47 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.