***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,556,961 Views | 47736 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by ABATTBQ11
BAP Enthusiast
How long do you want to ignore this user?

The video of the dog fight was fake and was made in a simulator. This isn't the first time I've seen then. Hell people have tried to pass off Ace Combat cutscene as real for this war.
TRM
AG
TxTarpon

Quote:

Not that I've seen. I saw something about a Ukrainian suicide drone on a Russian tank though.
That is pretty sweet!
Faustus
2023NCAggies said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Lost more in 2 days than we lost in Afghanistan in 2 decades.
I do not believe this at all
Yeah, me either.
It looks like Russia may take the country of 44 million with a death toll in the 100s on either side.
That's not what I would have predicted a couple of days ago.

I guess we'll see what Zelensky says as far as their casualties from day 2 later.
TRM
AG
More on the southern front.
jabberwalkie09
AG

Bombardment of Kherson region appears to be underway. There's been videos of Russian troops reportedly in column formation outside the city.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Watching the live view now and sirens are going off.

LMCane
Agthatbuilds said:

I stated this above, Putin is cunning enough not to keep Russians walking around to get sniped after the surrender.

he will use Belarussians and Chechens as the local guards on the street.

the bigger question is - why do the Chechens who fought their own war against Moscow now support Putin?
LMCane
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Watching the live view now and sirens are going off.

damn, what sucks is in another day we will be watching live as Russian tanks drive past in that video
Who?mikejones!
Isn't their leader a big pro Russian guy now?
Strongweasel97
AG
LMCane said:

Agthatbuilds said:

I stated this above, Putin is cunning enough not to keep Russians walking around to get sniped after the surrender.

the bigger question is - why do the Chechens who fought their own war against Moscow now support Putin?
Good question.

Also spot on about using Chechens as security proxies. I can only imagine what their ROE are.
jabberwalkie09
AG

The information war continues.
TxTarpon

Quote:

I am glad you posted that. Truth!!
Quote:

Easy---cash.
Spanish New Mexico Tactic (1500s): cheaper to pay the Pueblo to fight with you than to defeat them. Petraeus cited that tactic and used that in Iraq.
javajaws
AG
Faustus said:

2023NCAggies said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Yeah, me either.
It looks like Russia may take the country of 44 million with a death toll in the 100s on either side.
That's not what I would have predicted a couple of days ago.

I guess we'll see what Zelensky says as far as their casualties from day 2 later.
I seriously doubt Zelensky has any accurate idea of what their actual losses are at this point.
erudite
LMCane said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Putin gave the Chechen strongman a lot of money to rebuild Gronzy and bribe the locals, basically let him do whatever he wants. Pride flag supporters and heretics have been getting tossed from rooftops ever since.

Someone claims this is roughly the current situation. No sources:

LMCane
Agthatbuilds said:

2023NCAggies said:

BadMoonRisin said:

I'm with you. No doubt the ukes have inflicted some damage but these numbers seems inflated/propaganda

no way have the Russians lost 2800 men- probably they have lost 10% of that.

regarding how many KIA there were in Afghanistan:

As of 18 May 2020, there have been 3,502 coalition deaths in Afghanistan as part of ongoing coalition operations (Operation Enduring Freedom and ISAF) since the invasion in 2001.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coalition_casualties_in_Afghanistan#cite_note-icasualties-1][1][/url] In this total, the American figure is for deaths "In and Around Afghanistan" which, as defined by the United States Department of Defense, includes some deaths in Pakistan and Uzbekistan[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coalition_casualties_in_Afghanistan#cite_note-DoD_Casualties_page-3][3][/url] and the deaths of 18 CIA operatives.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coalition_casualties_in_Afghanistan#cite_note-hits18-4][4][/url]

In addition to these deaths in Afghanistan, another 59 U.S. and one Canadian soldier were killed in other countries while supporting operations in Afghanistan.
AGinHI
AG
TxTarpon said:

Quote:

I am glad you posted that. Truth!!
Quote:

Easy---cash.
Spanish New Mexico Tactic (1500s): cheaper to pay the Pueblo to fight with you than to defeat them. Petraeus cited that tactic and used that in Iraq.
Hell, we can go back to Roman emperors hiring barbarians.
jabberwalkie09
AG

Russian accuracy on display.
LMCane
erudite said:

LMCane said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Putin gave the Chechen strongman a lot of money to rebuild Gronzy and bribe the locals, basically let him do whatever he wants. Pride flag supporters and heretics have been getting tossed from rooftops ever since.

what happened to the reports that Odessa was taken by AMPHIB assault yesterday?

on that map there is nothing near Odessa.

it's strange because if that map was accurate, the Ukes would be able to shift forces to halt the most dangerous axis of advance heading south towards Kiev.

I think the reality is much worse for the Ukes.
Eliminatus
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Was wondering about these. Third I've seen now.

Where the international outrage? If this really happened I am positive Forte 12 saw it and has records.
Who?mikejones!
I dont think Afghanistan and this invasion are comparable events

A land invasion vs well dug in troops with the exact weapons needed to defend vs what is coming isn't the same as stepping into a war against tribal people most armed with rifles, rpgs, and ieds. Two totally different scenarios.

I was reading yesterday from an account from. A Ukrainian soldier saying Russia was doing a frontal attack with about 300 infantrymen. That leaves a lot of guys to get shot up.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Eliminatus said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Was wondering about these. Third I've seen now.

Where the international outrage? If this really happened I am positive Forte 12 saw it and has records.

Japan isn't going to act or make a statement that fast if it's a Japanese flagged vessel. Who knows about Moldova.
TRM
AG
LMCane said:

erudite said:

LMCane said:

Agthatbuilds said:

it's strange because if that map was accurate, the Ukes would be able to shift forces to halt the most dangerous axis of advance heading south towards Kiev.

Erroneous reporting or disinformation. They took some rocket fire though.
erudite
LMCane said:

erudite said:

LMCane said:

Agthatbuilds said:

I believe there are reports the shelling has started in Odessa and the US believes an amphibious invasion soon.
I think the issue is one of mobility. Forces in the east are tied down and can't reposition without getting torn up by local Russian air superiority.
The biggest threat is to the North (and south), I think the Ukrainians may have underestimated the Chernobyl area.
So long as Kiev can keep a route to Poland/Hungary/Romania, they should be good. Not much they could do against the amphibious since they have like one patrol boat.
JobSecurity
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
JobSecurity said:

And Turkey will just go along with it.
Who?mikejones!
It was a fuel dump that was hit
Charpie
AG
Let's hope not.
jabberwalkie09
AG

Saw this coming.
Who?mikejones!
It would be irresponsible to not ready some troops
Who?mikejones!
Worse than anticipated for Russia?

Who?mikejones!
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Agthatbuilds said:

Worse than anticipated for Russia?

If this is legit, then maybe Ukes have put out the 2,800+ being reported NOT including the prisoners caputured.
LMCane
and this is the problem- while some Ukes are very brave, they have no tactical ability or even common sense.

this is about the worst possible way to try to defend an urban area

First Page Last Page
Page 46 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.