***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,557,273 Views | 47736 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by ABATTBQ11
Eliminatus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CondensedFoggyAggie said:

Eliminatus said:

We should have seeded Ukraine with anti armor weapons months prior. Watching massive convoys cross the southern portion completely unimpeded and with no real security measures visible. Just driving through like they own the place. I guess they do.

Has there been any credible reports yet of partisan activity?

You'll be happy to know Britain delivered thousands of NLAW anti tank weapons a month ago. Along with 30 paratroopers as trainers. Ukraine has been asking for these for years, calling them a game changer.

Powerful, easy to use, by a single soldier.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10499537/Ukrainian-troops-say-British-NLAW-missiles-game-changer-train-fight-Russian-forces.html
Saw that earlier. F'ing awesome. Long ago I was a part time SMAW gunner which is basically a flintlock to the NLAWs. Love seeing this tech evolve. Perfect compliment to the Javelins.

We should be flooding the Ukraine with armaments. Have trains pouring over the Polish border nonstop 24/7, daring Putin to do something about it. Just like these commie pigs did to us in N. Vietnam.
Carlo4
AG
Deats99 said:

Rossticus said:

TheCougarHunter said:

I'd have to think if they start shelling the city indiscriminately without giving the population time to evacuate that's grounds for UN military involvement.

Of course our feckless leaders won't do it though.

The rest of the world has decided to sacrifice Ukraine in the hopes that it will satisfy Putin rather than risk getting involved. Think about that.

God I hate agree with Pelosi but this screams Sudetenland if you are a student of WWII

Agreed

This has been his goal from the beginning as Putin has reached insanity mode. He wants the USSR/Russian Empire back in full plus the buffer states. The parallel to 1930s regarding just the land aspect is way too similar.

Like Finland in the Winter War, I think Ukraine will give Russia more than they realized. If it's bad enough, maybe the Russian people will rise up against Putin.

Drudge literally has a picture combo of Hitler/Putin at the top.

It's like he found out he had a year to live and just said eff it.
aezmvp
Sounds like the Russians are feeling cocky. Guarantee demilitarized Ukraine, won't end hostilities, Zelensky likely a dead man. I hope they get another Afghanistan x1000.
BlueMiles
AG
The url in the link you posted is a base 64 string instead of a normal url. I'm not sure why that is happening.
will25u
ttu_85
lb3 said:

You know command and control is lost when your president dons a uniform and joins the front lines:

Wow. Could you imagine that happening in Washington, today ?. The thought is comical if it wasn't so pathetic.
jpb1999
AG
TX04Aggie said:

BBC saying traffic jams out of Kyiv are taking 4 hours to get out of city towards Poland which backs up the maroon traffic on google maps

They drive on the right side of the road there? Maroon lines on the right. Guess so but thought that was interesting…
Joseydog
AG
I wonder how soon China is going to launch its take over of Taiwan. You know it's coming…
ABATTBQ11
AG
I hope that guy takes a bullet to the face. Murderous piece of ****.
The Collective
AG
jpb1999 said:

TX04Aggie said:

BBC saying traffic jams out of Kyiv are taking 4 hours to get out of city towards Poland which backs up the maroon traffic on google maps

They drive on the right side of the road there? Maroon lines on the right. Guess so but thought that was interesting…

Most of the world drives on the right
ttu_85
Joseydog said:

I wonder how soon China is going to launch its take over of Taiwan. You know it's coming…
And Japan will be a nuke power within the week. This is far more dangerous than Ukraine vs Russia
htownag10
AG
Japan doesn't even exist in the bingo cards
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
ttu_85 said:

lb3 said:

You know command and control is lost when your president dons a uniform and joins the front lines:

Wow. Could you imagine that happening in Washington, today ?. The thought is comical if it wasn't so pathetic.

I don't think it is pathetic at all.
Jayhawk
Tom Kazansky 2012 said:

ttu_85 said:

lb3 said:

I don't think it is pathetic at all.
You're right. We are nowadays so cynical we can't make sense of heroics anymore

Pic may be old but the president is there in his capital with his army while spetsnaz is hunting him...
oneeyedag
ttu_85 said:

lb3 said:

Old picture from December! But nevertheless, a leader!
amercer
AG
Not looking great this morning
FireAg
AG
Gonna find out how good the Russians are at guerrilla warfare…

The US was not very good at it at all going into Afghanistan and Iraq and had to learn on the fly…
will25u

rgag12
AG
FireAg said:

Gonna find out how good the Russians are at guerrilla warfare…

The US was not very good at it at all going into Afghanistan and Iraq and had to learn on the fly…

The Russians will lose hundreds or thousands in Urban fighting for a week or so, but in the end Kiev and the government will fall.

I think the Russians longer term plan is to have East and West Ukraine fight a guerrilla war against each other
agsalaska
AG
Rossticus said:

Jeeze. I hope we keep supplying the hell out of them, at least.

We should be giving them every gun we can get our hands on.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Ag In Ok
AG
will25u said:

From both a tactical and strategic perspective, i want to beat the **** outta this Tok toker.
MarkTwain
Antonov International Airport captured by Russia and it will support the AN-70 heavy transporters, Kyiv is on borrowed time,

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
FireAg
AG
Let's see if the Russians can hold it…
Who?mikejones!

That's definitely a bloody nose
TH36
sicandtiredTXN said:

Antonov International Airport captured by Russia and it will support the AN-70 heavy transporters, Kyiv is on borrowed time,

Why is there not 500 people running around in that area (Kyiv) with stinger missiles. It seems like we could've at least given them enough where that would be possible and if we didn't, that pisses me off. They could rain hell onto all these airborne troops Russia seems to like to use to capture these different targets.

Edit: not sure how I hit that emoji.
MarkTwain
That Snake Island video/radio communications was chilling. those 13 Ukrainians gave Putin the big Eff You knowing what was coming next.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
MaroonStain
AG
sicandtiredTXN said:

I think that video is from yesterday. From what I recall, most of the Ruskies forces were taken out and that airport is back in Uke hands.
MouthBQ98
AG
All they have to do is zero a few mortars on the runway and have a few spotters and wait.
MarkTwain
MaroonStain said:

sicandtiredTXN said:

I think that video is from yesterday. From what I recall, most of the Ruskies forces were taken out and that airport is back in Uke hands.
It was confirmed by the Ukraine Prime Minister that it fell again this morning a couple hours ago
Waffledynamics
AG
MaroonStain said:

sicandtiredTXN said:

Hopefully it's back in Ukraine's hands.
jabberwalkie09
AG
MaroonStain
AG
Staff needs to place a note on this thread.

A LOT of posters are popping in, dropping a few links/shots, making assumptions then leaving. I don't think they are trolling but trying to post info that has become dated. Many of us have been on this thread from OP forward.
jabberwalkie09
AG
MaroonStain
AG
It is... Ukes have taken back both airports. It was an update at the bottom of a page of an ongoing thread a few pages back in this thread.

Supposedly, Russia is now planning to take an airport further west because they keep getting kicked out of the airports in the more populated areas.
Waffledynamics
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 41 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.