***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,557,121 Views | 47736 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by ABATTBQ11
fightingfarmer09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aezmvp
W
AG
aezmvp said:

Also bad news. If they start actually shelling the city... It will be a total disaster.
it's a quandary.

in one sense...the faster the Russians take the city...the less shelling the less loss of life.

if it becomes a week-long seige (or more)...the shelling will go on and on...and the humanitarian situation becomes a disaster
Rossticus
TRM said:

Russian leaders doesn't care about casualties.

Lives are inconsequential to Putin. Which is why allowing this in assumption of Putin eventually becoming satisfied is insane. If we don't stop this he'll keep doing it. We're all watching our leadership **** us AND Ukraine in real-time.
aezmvp
fightingfarmer09 said:

Michael Weiss has some pretty solid reporting. Crazy thread he just dropped.

Wouldn't be surprised to try and force this upto the M21 or the H3 (highway/roadways) as a rough guess.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Sounds like a lot of future parts and pieces
Eliminatus
AG
Explosions live in Kiev now. Listening to them on live feed.
fightingfarmer09

Pretty solid coverage here.
Rossticus
CharlieBrown17 said:

Sounds like a lot of future parts and pieces
He takes a bite now. Amasses assets. Takes another bite later. Amasses more assets. Tried to extort additional concessions. Takes another bite somewhere else.
Rossticus
Prop aircraft heading toward Kyiv from Belarus as refugees stream into Kyiv.
Rossticus
Salty to the end. Love it. This is so ducking tragic.

fightingfarmer09
Rossticus
Hell yeah! Big balls! Take it to 'em!
Deats99
AG
Rossticus said:

TheCougarHunter said:

I'd have to think if they start shelling the city indiscriminately without giving the population time to evacuate that's grounds for UN military involvement.

Of course our feckless leaders won't do it though.

The rest of the world has decided to sacrifice Ukraine in the hopes that it will satisfy Putin rather than risk getting involved. Think about that.

God I hate agree with Pelosi but this screams Sudetenland if you are a student of WWII
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George S Patton
TRM
AG
They should hit some air fields in Belarus too.
TRM
AG
Rossticus
Light those *****es up
Rossticus
Active fighting on outskirts of Kyiv.
Rossticus
aezmvp
TRM said:

They found them and ****ed 'em up.
Eliminatus
AG
We should have seeded Ukraine with anti armor weapons months prior. Watching massive convoys cross the southern portion completely unimpeded and with no real security measures visible. Just driving through like they own the place. I guess they do.

Has there been any credible reports yet of partisan activity?
aezmvp
Eliminatus said:

We should have seeded Ukraine with anti armor weapons months prior. Watching massive convoys cross the southern portion completely unimpeded and with no real security measures visible. Just driving through like they own the place. I guess they do.

Some but verifying any of it will be really difficult. Additionally sending that info will be super dangerous. Right now the Russians are calling up reserves like crazy. That means two things: they weren't expecting this level of defense and that they're going to be there for a while. Now that I think it will also mean that they will likely be incredibly brutal in the occupation. Poland levels not French would be my guess.
aezmvp

Medical students in St. Petersburg being called up.
Eliminatus
AG
aezmvp said:

Eliminatus said:

Some but verifying any of it will be really difficult. Additionally sending that info will be super dangerous. Right now the Russians are calling up reserves like crazy. That means two things: they weren't expecting this level of defense and that they're going to be there for a while. Now that I think it will also mean that they will likely be incredibly brutal in the occupation. Poland levels not French would be my guess.
Aye, very true.

Russians are essentially synonymous with war crimes. It is going to happen to some degree for sure. Probably already has to some extent. They just can't help themselves.

Just saw Zelensky emergency message. Was defiant but also sounded like a last message kinda deal. I'm reading into that of course.
lb3
AG
Eliminatus said:

We gave them plenty of anti armor weapons. Reports on twitter is that Ukraine has taken out about 40 tanks so far and killed about 800 Russians.

Basically a drop in the bucket.

Ukraine should have been ready to blow all the border bridges, mine the highways, and flood the farms. Blowing the bridges 20 miles out from Kiev cuts off their own resupply and civilian evacuation routes. Kiev will fall in the next 36 hours.

Looking at google earth I'm struck by how little natural cover there is in the east to conceal movements and conduct ambushes etc….

Best terrain to go all Wolverine on the Russian troops is along the border with Belarus and they aren't going to let Ukrainians slip back and forth across the border with supplies.

I can see why Ukraine is of strategic interest to the Russians. There is literally nothing but open plains between Kiev and Moscow.
aezmvp
Squirrelly stuff going on at Chernobyl. The Russian propaganda is that radiation levels are normal (yeah we've heard that one before) and that they reached an agreement with the troops securing the site. Other side is saying the staff has been taken hostage. Unless they're getting satellite radiation readings we may not know what's happening until Monday when the wind shifts and we'll get readings from Romania. Lots of reports popping up on elevated levels but I can't tell if it is the stuff I linked earlier or something else. The site I linked earlier is by the Uke government and it's last readings were midnight local time.
aezmvp
Best guess is that the Russians will control, nominally, Kyiv in 48 to 60 hours. They will be fighting guerilla actions and such for weeks though. I expect they will be incredibly brutal to franc tireurs.
lb3
AG
You know command and control is lost when your president dons a uniform and joins the front lines:
bigangrytexan
AG
lb3 said:

You know command and control is lost when your president dons a uniform and joins the front lines:

You really need your bullsh*t meter checked.

USMC 0231, 2003-2008
OIF, OEF
GigEmRangers75455
Old picture from last year. It is crazy though that he's already said he's public enemy number one for Russia and his family 2. Yet he's saying in Kiev. He said the Russians want to decapitate him and his family.
lb3
AG
I'm sure Putin would have poisoned him if given the chance.
lb3
AG
bigangrytexan said:

lb3 said:

You really need your bullsh*t meter checked.
I guess it's an old photo. Ukranian propagandists aren't helping their cause with that stuff.
Eliminatus
AG

Spotted a Pantsir S-1 on a live feed I was watching of southern Ukraine. Something not too common and figured it would spur the interest of weapon enthusiasts like me. Vicious area denial system against tac aircraft, drones, and even ground targets. Those dual 30mms would be heinous in urban settings.

ETA: TA has been hating my screenshots lately. Not sure why.
Eliminatus
AG

That massive convoy I was watching live and *****ing at driving around unmolested turned around and came back the other way and took another side road. Figured they were just lost.

Think I found out why. Location matches up too. Someone definitely molested them and really tore those artillery pieces up. Any idea what from the damage? Don't think it was air from the location deep in the south.
CondensedFogAggie
Eliminatus said:

You'll be happy to know Britain delivered thousands of NLAW anti tank weapons a month ago. Along with 30 paratroopers as trainers. Ukraine has been asking for these for years, calling them a game changer.

Powerful, easy to use, by a single soldier.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10499537/Ukrainian-troops-say-British-NLAW-missiles-game-changer-train-fight-Russian-forces.html
First Page Last Page
Page 40 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.