***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,557,275 Views | 47736 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by ABATTBQ11
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jabberwalkie09
AG
EastSideAg2002
jabberwalkie09 said:

Seems odd to say its not a drill in the middle of a bombing campaign.
TRM
AG
Just because some people were confused about this.
TRM
AG
Rossticus
Taiwan just joined sanctions on Russia in direct opposition to China!!!! Woooooooooo!
jabberwalkie09
AG
Rossticus said:

Taiwan just joined sanctions on Russia in direct opposition to China!!!! Woooooooooo!

Meanwhile in Beijing: "oh bother…" -Xi, probably.
Engine10
AG
**** yeah
jabberwalkie09
AG
The D
AG
Rossticus
jabberwalkie09
AG

Confirmed bridge demo.
Rossticus
Not crossing there. Nnnnoooooope.
buzzardb267
AG
Rossticus said:

Not crossing there. Nnnnoooooope.
BAILEY BRIDGE! Had to build one of those at Fort Belvoir....
TRM
AG
Awfully close to Kyiv.
Fitch
AG
bangobango said:

Wrec86 Ag said:

I was on a plane for two hours and was flipping back and forth between Fox News and CNN for coverage.

CNN blows them out of the water - it's not even close. Hannity was just trying to take every single piece of news and try to hang it around Biden's neck. Just awful.

CNN was straight to the point, little to no opinion given - just this is what is happening as best we can tell and let's have an expert on to tell us what it means.
CNN is under new ownership and the new owners (Discovery channel I think) have expressed an interest in getting back to reporting the news as it should be. Plus, the network chief Jeff Zucker just stepped down.

There's a market opportunity in this country to actually report on news without catering to partisan focus groups. But I'll believe it when I see it.
Eliminatus
AG
Pretty convincing debunking of that dogfight earlier.

GAC06
AG
Pretty standard "high cover"
Rossticus
Ooof. Did they just pull these dudes out of a bar and ship them out?

BTHOtrolls
AG
erudite said:

Rossticus said:

Z Marking consistent with Russian units out of Crimea. Seems to be BM-21 Grads. Someone stated it was a motor-rifle unit, and thus the likely the 42nd Guards Motor-Rifle Division.

I have a Ukrainian friend who I worked with for several years whose home town is Kherson which has a modest population of 300,000 people. Kherson is where a lot of commercial mariners live that started their career in the Ukrainian navy. There would be relatives living in Kherson of the Ukrainian navy sailors who told the Russian war ship to "go f themselves" before they were all reportedly killed.

My Ukrainian friend told me a few hours ago that the local Kherson population (ex navy) along with formal Ukraine soldiers went after the Russians hard last night and made them retreat. Russia may have got the message that they picked the wrong part of Ukraine to hang out in.
Rossticus
TX04Aggie
AG
So do we think when/ if they get to Kyiv do they find and trot out to Zelensky and make a show of arresting him (for what I have no idea) or assassinate him? Trying to think what the end game for getting to capital is..

Also, if that is when you have Kyiv civilians going into guerilla mode and enacting their own ad hoc shock and awe on Russian troops?
vettmaster99
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/t0u04c/videoaudio_from_british_volunteer_that_was/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Audio of British and American volunteers during recapture of Hostomel airport. You can definitely hear the gun fire and helicopters attacking. I'm amazed at the calmness of the American volunteer (definitely a veteran).
DallasAg 94
TRM
AG
Hmmm.

BTHOtrolls
AG
Mistaken Repost
EastSideAg2002
Rossticus said:

Ooof. Did they just pull these dudes out of a bar and ship them out?

Operation Human Shield?
TX04Aggie
AG
Agreed. He said he was, but I was thinking he is undisclosed out in Lviv closer to all the other evacuated government and embassies etc.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Eliminatus
AG
TRM said:

Hmmm.

Definitely Uke
TRM
AG
aeroag14
AG
Accessibility of the internet and availability of OSINT is making this FASCINATING to follow.
CharlieBrown17
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

CharlieBrown17 said:

35s do have really excellent ways to take and share data across multiple platforms.

They would be more of a bridge than actual ATC.

If we are doing anything more than defensive CAP over Poland I'd be surprised.

Right, that's the thought I was trying to draw out. I know that 35's have data link capabilities.

Not my world but I could see them pinging a F-16 with a target for SEAD or similar

But having them be actually in charge of airspace seems wasteful

I have no real knowledge, but I've been given to believe that we probably aren't putting SEAD assets into the area right now. The reason being is that the Russians would see it as a huge escalation.

The point being, if you're sending someone in to suppress air defenses, there's a reason. The reason being, they are being suppressed to allow a US air strike. That's a big step, and the Russians know it.

Sorry for the huge bump on this but I've been at work since I posted it.

That was more an example of how to use a 35 effectively not what I think is/should be happening now.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Rossticus
First Page Last Page
Page 38 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.