***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,539,819 Views | 47721 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by AtticusMatlock
SidsBurnerAccount
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jabberwalkie09 said:

Frankly, this isn't as much territory as I expected. Understanding that it's a crude approximation.
Rapier108
Quote:

Border. What's stopping him is manpower and logistics. This Ukrainian invasion is taking an enormous percentage of the Russian military to pull off. This isn't the Soviet army of 1987 in terms of size.
Finally, someone else who gets it.

This is not the Soviet Army with 7-10 million troops, tens of thousands of tanks, plus the millions of additional forces from the Warsaw Pact.

Hell, even the Soviets knew if they threw everything they had into a massive invasion of Western Europe, they were not going to be able to reach the Rhine River (a primary goal) easily unless they used a large number of nuclear weapons, and even with that they expected it would take them a week or more.
P.U.T.U
AG
Rossticus said:

If we don't get zombies out of this I am going to be pissed
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
Rossticus said:

Canadian reports of possible JTF2 presence on the ground in Ukraine. Waiting for confirmation.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_Task_Force_2

If they could also get Girl Scout Troop 55 to go, I'd feel even better!
This message has been self-censored to comply with the state policies of F16 and the mandates following the Cultural Cleansing Post Purge of 2021. All efforts have been made to ensure that this post does not offend anyone.
Rossticus
Jay Reimenschneider said:

Rossticus said:

Canadian reports of possible JTF2 presence on the ground in Ukraine. Waiting for confirmation.

If they could also get Girl Scout Troop 55 to go, I'd feel even better!

I'm sure Ukraine will take whatever they can get right now.
CSTXAg92
AG
Putin: 'countries that interfere with Russian actions will face "consequences you have never seen,"'

"Russian President Vladimir Putin said in a speech announcing a military operation in Ukraine that countries that interfere with Russian actions will face "consequences you have never seen," The Associated Press reported. "

https://thehill.com/policy/international/russia/595608-putin-countries-that-interfere-with-russia-will-face-consequences
P.U.T.U
AG
Canadian special forces are actually legit, we probably have some on the ground helping out. Since we have planes in the area we likely have combat controllers with the green berets
jabberwalkie09
AG
Rossticus said:

I know Ukraine was calling the front lines in the east the JFO or Joint Forces Operation. If there are actual uniformed Canadian troops on the ground, that's really head scratching.
wessimo
AG
Sounds like a speech borrowed from DJT
TRM
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Rossticus said:

TRM said:

Rumors of a Turkish warship hit by Russia.

That would be an escalation

Pretty significant if true.

TRM, where are you seeing this?
OSIC's Live Space
P.U.T.U
AG
I highly doubt they are in Canadian uniform, likely in civilian gear or Ukraine military.
Rossticus
jabberwalkie09 said:

Rossticus said:

TRM said:

Just confirmed. Via a regional source. No confirmation as to the source of the attack or type of ordinance. Ship headed to Romania.
Rossticus
TRM said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Rossticus said:

TRM said:

OSIC's Live Space

That's where I am too.
TRM
AG
TRM said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Rossticus said:

TRM said:

OSIC's Live Space
https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pmn/turkish-owned-ship-hit-by-bomb-off-coast-of-odessa-no-casualties-turkish-authority

Quote:

ANKARA A Turkish-owned ship was hit by a bomb off the coast of Ukraine's port city Odessa on Thursday, Turkey's Maritime General Directorate said, adding there were no casualties and the ship was safely en route into Romanian waters.
aezmvp
Rossticus said:

TRM said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Rossticus said:

TRM said:

OSIC's Live Space

That's where I am too.
Throw a man who was working until 2 AM Texas time and couldn't sleep a link?
jabberwalkie09
AG
P.U.T.U said:

I highly doubt they are in Canadian uniform, likely in civilian gear or Ukraine military.

OK then: why would a NATO country's forces be in a position to possibly be waging war against Russia with the potential to trigger article 5 of NATO?
Rossticus
aezmvp said:

Rossticus said:

TRM said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Rossticus said:

TRM said:

OSIC's Live Space

That's where I am too.
Throw a man who was working until 2 AM Texas time and couldn't sleep a link?

I'm going on 24.

LMCane
2wealfth Man said:

This ends quickly with the isolation and cutoff of Kiev. Ukrainian leadership and command and control better move west
Zelensky and Klitschko and the other senior officials should move to the area around Lviv

and keep moving from safe house to safe house, then run across the Polish border once Kiev surrenders.
TRM
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

P.U.T.U said:

OK then: why would a NATO country's forces be in a position to possibly be waging war against Russia with the potential to trigger article 5 of NATO?
Probably a military advisor helping Ukrainian military.
jabberwalkie09
AG
TRM said:

TRM said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Rossticus said:

TRM said:

OSIC's Live Space
https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pmn/turkish-owned-ship-hit-by-bomb-off-coast-of-odessa-no-casualties-turkish-authority

Quote:

ANKARA A Turkish-owned ship was hit by a bomb off the coast of Ukraine's port city Odessa on Thursday, Turkey's Maritime General Directorate said, adding there were no casualties and the ship was safely en route into Romanian waters.

You're missing an important piece:

Quote:

Russia on Thursday launched a ground and air offensive into Ukraine.

"Upon information that the Marshall Islands-flagged Turkish-owned Yasa Jupiter ship was struck by a bomb off the coast of Odessa, it was learned that the ship has no request for help, is en route to Romanian waters, has no casualties and is safe," the authority said on Twitter.

Turkish owned, not Turkish flagged. If it was Turkish flagged, that would be an entirely different kettle of fish.
will25u
Rossticus said:

If that is true, the Ukrainian fighter jet is out of position. And will likely lose.
LMCane
Eliminatus said:

Quote:

President Zelenskyy reached out to me tonight and we just finished speaking. I condemned this unprovoked and unjustified attack by Russian military forces. I briefed him on the steps we are taking to rally international condemnation, including tonight at the United Nations Security Council. He asked me to call on the leaders of the world to speak out clearly against President Putin's flagrant aggression, and to stand with the people of Ukraine. Tomorrow, I will be meeting with the Leaders of the G7, and the United States and our Allies and partners will be imposing severe sanctions on Russia. We will continue to provide support and assistance to Ukraine and the Ukrainian people.
Latest WH press release.

Definitely spells out more non-direct action. A couple of other NATO countries have been more open about actual military operations. Mainly Britain.

Anyone know what kind of "support and assistance" we are providing now?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2022/02/24/statement-by-president-joe-biden-on-phone-call-with-president-volodymyr-zelenskyy-of-ukraine/

From the other thread, anyone know why we have to wait almost 24 hours from this thing starting to announce sanctions?
because Biden and his cronies are incompetent?
Rossticus
LMCane
will25u said:

Rossticus said:

If that is true, the Ukrainian fighter jet is out of position. And will likely lose.
probably both are Russian aircraft - the attack angle was all wrong from the lower flying Mig
aeroag14
AG
will25u said:

yes and no. no one is "in position" when you are under 1000 meters to the target.

If these jets sole goal was to shoot each other down they would be fighting at MUCH longer ranges.
Who?mikejones!
Radio News report says there are thousands in line to enlist into Ukrainian army
CharlieBrown17
AG
G7 meeting was already planned right?

G7 nations announcing sanctions together is a much bigger and unified political response than any admin one offing their sanctions.
LMCane
Rossticus said:

if there is ONE thing to defend before hostilities it is your airports!

that would be unbelievable incompetence if you can't even stop the Russians from getting a major airport near the capitol!

it would be worse than the British having their @ss kicked on Crete and Norway in 1940 and 1941

because back then they had no radar and no GPS and no cool Twitter pictures of where the enemy is building up forces.
Rossticus
Russians are now conducting operations in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.
TRM
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

TRM said:

TRM said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Rossticus said:

TRM said:

OSIC's Live Space

Quote:

You're missing an important piece:

Quote:

Russia on Thursday launched a ground and air offensive into Ukraine.

"Upon information that the Marshall Islands-flagged Turkish-owned Yasa Jupiter ship was struck by a bomb off the coast of Odessa, it was learned that the ship has no request for help, is en route to Romanian waters, has no casualties and is safe," the authority said on Twitter.

Turkish owned, not Turkish flagged. If it was Turkish flagged, that would be an entirely different kettle of fish.
Initial reporting just said Turkish ship. Hard to know until more information came out. That's why I said rumors.
Clob94
Ian Miles Cheong (@stillgray) Tweeted:

Don't worry, we're all in good hands. https://t.co/TCBjagzx3d
LMCane
Agthatbuilds said:

Radio News report says there are thousands in line to enlist into Ukrainian army
that's useless

by the time they find a uniform and a helmet, the battles will be over.
cone
AG
boy oh boy good luck to the Ukrainian infantry
Robert C. Christian
AG
crowman2010
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

That last video is horrifying!

Prayers for all the innocent!
First Page Last Page
Page 10 of 1364

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.