***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,537,238 Views | 47716 Replies | Last: 18 hrs ago by 74OA
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
McKinney Ag69
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Rossticus said:

Eastern Ukrainian city recaptured and 50 Russians KIA per Uke MOD.

This feels like propaganda
SEC Champs
AG
Eliminatus said:

VERY unsubstantiated report I saw flit across YT of Ukrainian forces readying NBC gear suggesting they are at least thinking about chemical weapons.

Just interesting to note and something I had actually not considered. HIGHLY doubt Russia will go there but better to be prepared than not from Ukes side I guess.

(Probably just some by the book 2nd lieutenant going hard)
Don't forget Russia has the "other" smallpox laboratory….
Rossticus
Jeeze. Just heard an assessment of Euro overall military readiness and… wow. There's no way we had time to get out in front of this before it kicked off short of deploying 50k US troops to Ukraine a month ago. Most of UK combat ready troops are already deployed to theater, Germany and France are worthless and even with Eastern Europeans plus Ukes they'd be fooked without a heavy US contingent.
jabberwalkie09
AG

First report I've seen of bridges being targeted, but not surprising.
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Rossticus
Irish 2.0
Rossticus
All you have to do is manage to get there… all flights canceled.
Rossticus
jabberwalkie09
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

If they're handing a rifle to pretty much anyone with a pulse, I'm not sure that this is an encouraging sign.
Irish 2.0
jabberwalkie09
AG

Yeah, bull***** Still complicit.
Rossticus
That's a lie.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Rossticus said:

That's a lie.

Oh yeah, he's full of ***** Suddenly he realized he is about to get screwed with sanctions.
Rossticus
Ukrainians thwarted one tank push into Kharkiv.
TheCougarHunter
AG
You all realize 99% of these posts are fake news right
Irish 2.0
Irish 2.0
Russia going to lose SWIFT access and think that will crush them to the point of interior pressure.
Rossticus
Russian forces in Crimea still unable to breach Ukrainian border forces.
Rossticus
TheCougarHunter said:

You all realize 99% of these posts are fake news right

Getting mine from live chat with OSINT. Do go on.
Irish 2.0
Eliminatus
AG
Rossticus said:

Jeeze. Just heard an assessment of Euro overall military readiness and… wow. There's no way we had time to get out in front of this before it kicked off short of deploying 50k US troops to Ukraine a month ago. Most of UK combat ready troops are already deployed to theater, Germany and France are worthless and even with Eastern Europeans plus Ukes they'd be fooked without a heavy US contingent.
Such is the ways of NATO. One topic Trump was absolutely correct on. The US has always been the fist in the NATO glove.

I believe NATO is going to bend over backwards to keep this thing as localized as possible. "Keep the fighting in Ukraine and we won't step in with our armies" sorta deal. Move troops around, threaten things, feed the Ukes all the arms it needs, etc. I don't see uniformed NATO forces engaging Russian units soon. Just my feelings though and have no real evidence of such.

Kenneth_2003
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

I'm guessing this is on the news of the majority of the western world drafting sanctions against Russia?

So Putin may or may not achieve a military objective and simultaneously plunges his country into recession? He's not that dumb.

What's the play?
FCBlitz
Surprised there haven't reports of IED's popping off taking out some vehicles. The Ukrainians could use photos of smoking and on fire Russian vehicles.
Eliminatus
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Russia going to lose SWIFT access and think that will crush them to the point of interior pressure.
Really makes me wonder if "contingency plans' will kick in to remove Putin of said pressure continues to build.

Again, thinking through all of this with the data we have and the near unilateral condemnation of the world, Russia ****ed up real bad here. And by Russia, I mean Putin. I don't see them coming out of this as clear victors. The Ukes I truly believe are going to stiffen and dig in and fight for the long haul. Can Russia survive that? The longer this goes on, IMO, the worse and worse this becomes for Russia.

Thoughts?
Rossticus
Yep.
Irish 2.0
No idea, but the Ruble is basically toilet paper right now
Irish 2.0
Russia had been heavily increasing their USD supply, but I don't believe a complete collapse of their financial markets was factored in. They've banned short selling and it still didn't stop the selling pressure.

Potential sanctions from the UK have been rumored to include seizure and forfeiture of oligarch property and assets. That is at least 100B in the UK alone I'd imagine. If Putin can't close this campaign quickly and establish his presence in Ukraine to the point of being able to hold it, I think his cabinet and supporters turn on him.

Just my opinion there
jabberwalkie09
AG
Eliminatus said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Really makes me wonder if "contingency plans' will kick in to remove Putin of said pressure continues to build.

Again, thinking through all of this with the data we have and the near unilateral condemnation of the world, Russia ****ed up real bad here. And by Russia, I mean Putin. I don't see them coming out of this as clear victors. The Ukes I truly believe are going to stiffen and dig in and fight for the long haul. Can Russia survive that? The longer this goes on, IMO, the worse and worse this becomes for Russia.

Thoughts?

Russian stockpiled reserve currency and has been working on a similar system but separate from SWIFT. I'm not sure that removing them from SWIFT will have the crippling effect we may think. China seems to be the only major power walking the line of "I can't say **** if I don't want Russia in my corner over Taiwan." There's no way that Putin comes out of this winning imo. He's going to lose abroad and at home. The Russian market just took one to the nuts. It's going to be awhile for it to recover.

Europe and us will need to severely curtail trade with Russia to have any impact. All Russian banks sanctioned. Diplomats need to be PNG'ed. Embassies need to close.
Irish 2.0
Irish 2.0
If you take Russia off SWIFT, 99% of the companies in Russia that do business in the US and EU won't be able to receive their funds from customers in SWIFT countries.
First Page Last Page
Page 5 of 1364

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.