***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,013,908 Views | 46105 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by 74OA
JFABNRGR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Waffledynamics said:

Rumors of Engels getting hit again.

Video on reddit looks like fairly large explosion. Couple days ago russian navy base commander suddenly died I typically can't see the future but I forsee similar fate to Engels AFB Commander.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Waffledynamics
AG
Hopefully a bomber got lit up before they could launch missiles at civilians like the cowards they are.

P.U.T.U
AG
It's like the Iran/Hezbollah vs Israel war. One side bombs civilian targets and the other side military
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Take this with a grain of salt, but do note that the Russians are the ones claiming it.

Waffledynamics
AG
Notable content

FIDO95
AG

Seems to be a good tactical description of the current situation in Bakhmut.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JFABNRGR
AG
Daylight vid. Looks like fuel to me at E AFB.

“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
Waffledynamics
AG
This seems ill-advised.

USAFAg
AG
Waffledynamics said:

This seems ill-advised.

Especially with Russian ordnance
Ulysses90
AG
I don't disagree though it does appear that they have removed the fuzes because the empty fuze wells are visible on every one that I could see.

USAFAg
AG
Ulysses90 said:

I don't disagree though it does appear that they have removed the fuzes because the empty fuze wells are visible on every one that I could see.

True enough, but Russian ordnance seems to have a propensity to explode on its own while in storage, let alone being thrown about like a couple of yards of gravel..
74OA
AG
This is still Russia's modus today and is the basis for Putin's offer of "negotiations".

Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Air raid alert is sounding again in Engels of Saratov region

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/26-december-air-raid-alert-is-sounding-again-in-engels-of
Waffledynamics
AG
No Spin Ag
74OA said:

This is still Russia's modus today and is the basis for Putin's offer of "negotiations."

This is why Zelenskyy has said he wouldn't negotiate with Putin. He knows better.
AgLA06
AG
Anything is possible, but a lot about those photos don't make sense for it to be a real team.
TheVarian
AG
I agree, Looks like a lot of stuff they just bought online and placed out. And to have the rifles without any attachments?
74OA
AG
More on the recent second attack on a Russian bomber base. ENGELS
Rossticus

JFABNRGR
AG
74OA said:

More on the recent second attack on a Russian bomber base. ENGELS

Just a coincidence the drone was shot down and pieces of debris hit an explosive target…..which exploded and burned for several hours. Also just bum luck the the debris from the shoot down happened to land on the heads of 3 orcs killing them and wounding 4 others.

I think we should give em the A10s and any available sky raiders.
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
JFABNRGR
AG
TheVarian said:

I agree, Looks like a lot of stuff they just bought online and placed out. And to have the rifles without any attachments?

All of those rifles have foldable stocks. It sucks carrying an M4 in a civilian bag with upper separated from lower..::it takes lifetimes to deploy. No reason to have a bunch of extra **** on them for their mission and one of them does.

These are legit pics, they have been IDd by UKR as a previous very successful team. RIP heroes.

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
lb3
AG
JFABNRGR said:

Sky Raiders? A-1's have pistons, were designed during WWII, and haven't flown outside of the air show circuit in 45 years.
JFABNRGR
AG
lb3 said:

JFABNRGR said:

Sky Raiders? A-1's have pistons, were designed during WWII, and haven't flown outside of the air show circuit in 45 years.

Yeah I know but I am confident they could **** some orcs up, even deep into russian territory. Reports on telegram saying 7 TU95s damaged 17kias and 26 wia at Engels but if the truth is only the jet fuel was blown up by an aerial drone that went some 5-600KM into russian airspace….well than just imagine what a skyraider could do w a motivated Ukrainian pilot.
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
JFABNRGR
AG
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
bonfarr
AG
JFABNRGR said:

lb3 said:

JFABNRGR said:

Yeah I know but I am confident they could **** some orcs up, even deep into russian territory. Reports on telegram saying 7 TU95s damaged 17kias and 26 wia at Engels but if the truth is only the jet fuel was blown up by an aerial drone that went some 5-600KM into russian airspace….well than just imagine what a skyraider could do w a motivated Ukrainian pilot.

They refused the A-10 when it was brought up earlier in the war. Their DOD guy said it's survivability in this war was too low.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Eliminatus
AG
This one is is a little more sobering than normal I think.

I think even with all the propaganda floating around, it is still safe to assume that Russian morale is absolute dog**** for their frontline guys right now. I think this is a screaming example of this.

Not going to link it directly as it is rough to see. Seek it out with a couple more clicks if you want.

Essentially, it is another one of the umpteen drone grenade drops into a trench that wounds a Russian. Deviates from there when the very alive and conscious Russian makes the decision to pull the pin on a grenade, slide it under his chest armor and just wait for it to go off. This is a very clear suicide on the battlefield from someone who had completely given up. We won't know why exactly of course. Maybe it was just everything peaking at once, but I am positive that being wounded in a pointless war when you are just trying to stay warm did not help. Warrior suicide is already a tough topic across the world and maybe even more so here after our own recent campaigns so even I will not celebrate this one. He clearly did not want to be on this world anymore.

So looking at this from a macro view, the mental stability cases of Russian soldiers is going to be HORRENDOUS after this war. It might be their "lesser" population but Ukraine is still a meatgrinder of the worst kind and nobody can go through that uneffected. I have met an incredible American man in my travels who helped build their nonexistent mental health capabilities after their war in Afghanistan. I wonder if that program had lapsed in the time in between. I would assume so.

Same goes for the Ukes of course but I think most of them have a sense of higher purpose that can help alleviate a lot of the mental anguish. And I hope that that will be part of the rebuilding phase we can provide is some the expertise and experience some of our care workers can provide.

This whole damn thing is just so damn wrong. I know Russia needs to lose of course and this is their fight, first and always, but the old adage of old men ordering and young men dying still holds true to some extent.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/zwa1ww/russian_soldier_pulls_the_pin_of_his_own_grenade/
sclaff
AG
revvie
AG
If I was a Russian Oligarch I would avoid boat travel and only stay on first floor hotel rooms. At least make them find more creative ways to murder me.
wangus12
AG
If you stay on the first floor, building falls on you instead of you falling off it
agent-maroon
AG
Trying to remember the last time I stayed in a hotel room where you could even open the windows, much less get tossed out of one. Maybe that's a lolpoor thing?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Nagler
AG
In his case it was probably a lol rich thing.
TheVarian
AG
No I, I agree, it's not fun rucking around a 2 piece. Those MPX's are nice but I was more so referring to the medical supplies
TheVarian
AG
Geez, that was rough to watch
lb3
AG
JFABNRGR said:

lb3 said:

JFABNRGR said:

How about we give some F-18 A/B Hornets to Brazil so they can give their Skyhawks to Ukraine. The A-4 is better at the medium strike mission than close air support aircraft like the A-1 and A-10.
First Page Last Page
Page 966 of 1318

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.