***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,595,928 Views | 47840 Replies | Last: 58 min ago by pagerman @ work
docb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
617 km from Ukraine held territory. Moscow is closer.
V8Aggie
AG
Fantastic if true!
LMCane
PA24
AG
Engles strike~That is a punch to the mouth, a hard punch.

docb
AG
As long as China doesn't help, Russia will lose this war
Waffledynamics
AG
They mad.

Waffledynamics
AG
Another massive missile attack took place a few hours ago. Multiple cities hit, with Odesa getting a big brunt.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
Dear Russia. If you don't like explosions in your country, maybe consider NOT invading sovereign neighboring nations.
MouthBQ98
AG
They finally managed what I had been arguing for: those air bases are a fat juicy target with irreplaceable aircraft and you can bet Russia has been neglecting their defense by pushing forces towards Ukraine and presuming distance was sufficient protection.
FriscoKid
AG
Is it really fair for Ukraine to attack a completely defenseless Russian airbase?
LMCane
Waffledynamics said:

At 0:12, it's noted that both Ukrainian and Russian sources claim Ukrainian advances North and South of Kreminna. The P66 highway running through the Chervonopoivka, North of Kreminna, is now no longer considered entirely secure.

At 0:40, Bakhmut is still bloody. Ukrainians count 261 shellings from various artillery systems. Reinforcements have arrived in Bakhmut, including the Special Honor Guard Battalion. That... seems interesting?

https://military-history.fandom.com/wiki/Special_Honor_Guard_Battalion

At 1:09, he notes that Putin shows little actual sincere interest in negotiations. They talk it up, but they don't actually mean it and show no motion in that direction. Basically, it's a psyop aimed at the West.

At 1:43, Kherson is still under a lot of shelling. Russia is trying to damage the power infrastructure.

At 2:39, we hear that Ukrainian authorities have started evacuation people from the EAST side of the Dnipro river near Kherson. I'm actually confused by this. Has Ukraine secured safe passageway for them? If so, how?

At 2:56, Ukraine is increasingly wary of the the concentration of troops in Belarus and are ready to react.

At 3:54, Partisans in the Luhansk Oblast have disrupted Russian railway logistics, possibly creating an interruption for 14-20 days.

At 4:17: Russia is using a strategic stockpile of weapons, and some missiles are likely being used directly from the assembly line.

At 5:08, he narrates this update from British intelligence:

At 0:40, Bakhmut is still bloody. Ukrainians count 261 shellings from various artillery systems. Reinforcements have arrived in Bakhmut, including the Special Honor Guard Battalion.

That... seems interesting?
74OA
AG
Russia is burning thru ammunition it can't replace. RATE

Unlike the US which can. RESTOCK
74OA
AG
Gepard nails a cruise missile.

P.U.T.U
AG
Russia is doing the same thing they did in Syria by using dumb artillery and destroy everything in a town. While Ukraine is trying to hit strategic targets using guided artillery Russia just sends volleys hoping everything will be destroyed.

I would imagine China and North Korea have plenty of these dumb weapons that they would gladly give to deplenish their old systems.
LMCane
PA24 said:

Engles strike~That is a punch to the mouth, a hard punch.

other's are positing that the strikes on the two Russkie airbases could be false flags by Putin to justify further escalation of the war.

hopefully it really was Uke forces being able to hit them somehow.
LMCane
74OA said:

guy using AK-47 to shoot at a cruise missile
JFABNRGR
AG
Waffledynamics said:

They mad.

Defenseless "you keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means"

I expect a few more people to fall out windows or drown shortly.

and KA52 shot down by S300.
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
AgLA06
AG
False flag attacks are about as tiresome as nuclear threats.

No one in the world other than Russia give a crap about false flags attacks or real attacks inside of Russia. Hell, we'd cheer them.

If Putin has to justify continuing his "war" to his people, he's in bigger trouble than we thought.
GAC06
AG
Let's blow up some of our strategic bombers to make the public mad at Ukraine? Let's blow up our own bridge too. Good Lord
74OA
AG
LMCane said:

74OA said:

Undoubtedly an optimist.
74OA
AG
The old M-113 still providing valuable service after all these decades. BEATS WALKING
AgLA06
AG
74OA said:

LMCane said:

74OA said:

Undoubtedly an optimist.
To be fair, they did take down some Iranian drones with small arms.

And it probably has less to do with expecting to actually hit and more to do with releasing some frustrations for a guy that's been under fire for a year.
ABATTBQ11
AG
FriscoKid said:

Is it really fair for Ukraine to attack a completely defenseless Russian airbase?

Yes
txags92
AG
P.U.T.U said:

I would imagine China and North Korea have plenty of these dumb weapons that they would gladly give sell to deplenish their old systems.
FIFY
FriscoKid
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
Take this and all other pictures from this event with a grain of salt, of course.

FriscoKid
AG

Russia says no big deal on this "act of terrorism".
74OA
AG
More details about the strikes on Russian bomber bases. DRONES
GAC06
AG
"Hull armor". Lol
txags92
AG
I would have loved to see them use one of those to take out one of the power stations providing electricity to Moscow. No better way to bring the war home to the Russians than to turn out their power as winter sets in.
MouthBQ98
AG
That pilot was asking for it, staying that high up so long in a SAM active area. Must stay below SAM radar most of the time.
Waffledynamics
AG
Quote:

Parts of Russian cruise missile shot down by air defense were found by Ukrainian police in Cherkasy region

https://liveuamap.com/en/2022/5-december-parts-of-russian-cruise-missile-shot-down-by-air

cbr
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

FriscoKid said:

Lol, this sarcasm? Its a ****ing war.
Eliminatus
AG
cbr said:

ABATTBQ11 said:

FriscoKid said:

Lol, this sarcasm? Its a ****ing war.

Wasn't sure if I was missing a joke or something myself. So I didn't bother. Not worth the detail either.

It does lend credence to the UAS problem the entire world faces now since it is generally agreed this was a partisan/SF attack with drones. I can say that I work in this realm and the attacks in Russia against those airbases is screaming example number 1 of why we need to keep pushing forward and damn quickly. America has been minding this area of warfare longer than most but the use cases and full potential was never truly seen till now. Playing whack a mole in the ME with Reapers is one thing, protecting critical assets across the world against lone operators with Mavics and grenades is a whole other mess in itself.

We knew this paradigm in warfare was coming. The Russians just accelerated it. Or rather the Ukes did I guess. And honestly, we still aren't done yet exploring this potential. Not even close really.

Wild times we are living. I feared snipers. Now I would fear snipers AND grenades from nowhere.
First Page Last Page
Page 953 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.