***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,631,273 Views | 47859 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by 74OA
GAC06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NATO getting involved will result in Russia getting crushed, not saving face
YouBet
AG
Rossticus said:

Not exactly an ambiguous statement regarding Russia's long term goals.

He's not wrong at all. We could all argue endlessly on the what, where, when, and how but this was always going to happen.

This = end of US empire and current global standings and status quo.
MaroonStain
AG
I wouldn't be surprised if Putin dropped a nuke on Maripol.
Rossticus
Biggest question is whether to try and kick the can down the road and hope to find a way to avoid that ultimate outcome or rip the bandaid off and put an end to it here and now. Huge uncertainties and +/- with each. No good options. Only different flavors of bad.
Rossticus
Wrec86 Ag
Really praying for Spaceship and family. Mariupol looks like the ground zero of this war.

Really hope your family was able to get out
No Spin Ag
Robk said:

So it appears the Russians got their reply to the surrender of Mariupol.

Basically - no need to wait until 5. am. Go eff yourselves.

Gotta love those Ukes.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Waffledynamics
AG
Wrec86 Ag said:

Really praying for Spaceship and family. Mariupol looks like the ground zero of this war.

I think his family was in Melitopol.
No Spin Ag
Rossticus said:

Biggest question is whether to try and kick the can down the road and hope to find a way to avoid that ultimate outcome or rip the bandaid off and put an end to it here and now. Huge uncertainties and +/- with each. No good options. Only different flavors of bad.

With Putin in charge, him finding out what happens when he F'ks around with NATO was always a possibility. He knows he messed up and doesn't know how to get out of it. And even his BFF Xi isn't giving him the lifeline that he expected.

Ripping off the band-aid is becoming more plausible every day. He drops a nuke, even a baby one, and I wouldn't be surprised if NATO sees that as an opening.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Mule
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Rossticus said:

With Putin in charge, him finding out what happens when he F'ks around with NATO was always a possibility. He knows he messed up and doesn't know how to get out of it. And even his BFF Xi isn't giving him the lifeline that he expected.

Ripping off the band-aid is becoming more plausible every day. He drops a nuke, even a baby one, and I wouldn't be surprised if NATO sees that as an opening.
And that's the rub...a NATO nuke response per all credible simulations leads to the end of the world. A non-nuclear response per NATO would lead to the entire world completely sanctioning Russia- including the Chinese. What happens after that is anybody's guess, but the price for Putin's scalp would go from a $1 million to $1 Trillion.
Texas Aggies
Seabreeze
No Spin Ag said:

Robk said:

Gotta love those Ukes.

How does Poland sit there now and not commit. I know they have itching at the chance. Won't happen though.
Wrec86 Ag
Waffledynamics said:

Wrec86 Ag said:

That makes me feel a little better. Still praying for the family though.
Rossticus
JFABNRGR
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Robk said:

Gotta love those Ukes.

I don't see how the russians have given Mariupol any other choice but to go Alamo and take as many with them. All the pows will be treated to a thousand deaths in the gulags way worse than going down fighting.

I also will not be surprised if they use tactical nukes there and if they do I pray somebody responds immediately with a conventional violence of action overwhelming the russians in Ukraine and any other direct supporting location.
Spaceship
AG
Wrec86 Ag said:

Waffledynamics said:

Wrec86 Ag said:

Thank you, yes fortunately they are in Melitopol. Mariupol is an abhorrent tragedy unfolding right now.

For reasons I can hopefully share in the near future, right now we're refraining from giving any updates about my family online. But the prayers are needed and much appreciated.
ATX_AG_08
AG
Jock 07
AG
Spaceship said:

Wrec86 Ag said:

Waffledynamics said:

Wrec86 Ag said:

Thank you, yes fortunately they are in Melitopol. Mariupol is an abhorrent tragedy unfolding right now.

For reasons I can hopefully share in the near future, right now we're refraining from giving any updates about my family online. But the prayers are needed and much appreciated.

Done. Praying for you and your entire family.
bonfarr
AG
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10633887/Unexploded-Russian-missile-Ukrainian-kitchen-bomb-disposal-crew-wiggle.html

Rossticus
Putin wants Ukraine to be neutral after this. Lol. Good luck with that.

Rossticus
"Cleansing". Russians like to use this word a lot.

ABATTBQ11
AG
Robk said:

Dorm 15 said:

Is Putin "begging" NATO to get involved so he can save face from getting his army defeated by Ukraine?
I think at this point he wants WWiii. His only way out is with the help of China, India, and half of Africa and that only happens in an East vs West war.

I think India and China would tell him to go **** himself. Putin isn't worth that **** show, and Russia would still be there to deal with after getting kicked out of Ukraine. India is only looking out for themselves economically and isn't tied to Russia. I think China doesn't want to deal with the inevitable economic consequences and/or potential domestic consequences. They want war on their terms and timeline, not Russia's.
YouBet
AG
*** We warned you about derailing this thread. Take a day to absorb the lesson. Continue and earn a longer timeout -- Staff ***
Who?mikejones!
https://instagr.am/p/CbVXWIhL0Zg

This should be an interesting follow
GAC06
AG
Why
Rossticus

Rossticus
TRM
AG
Quote:

A little more information for those of you wondering. We're a group of veterans who are heading over to Ukraine to advise and train civilians and local militias throughout the country. In doing so we hope to allow those affected by Putin's invasion more peace of mind and the ability to better defend themselves against the invaders. We also are going to bring with us as much medical supplies as possible and training supplies as well to teach the populace combat casualty care. If you'd like to follow us along on this journey please leave a follow as the more engagement we receive the more supplies we can round up to bring with us.

As always thank you everyone and stay safe.
Apparition Group OUT
Eliminatus
AG
Rossticus said:

SU-25 "Frogfoot"

Legitimately one of the better made warplanes in the last 50 years in the world. Not just Russia. VERY capable ground attack plane that is probably the closest anyone has gotten to an American A-10.
Rossticus
Russians finally shelled a chemical plant.

GAC06
AG
Very capable in what sense?
Eliminatus
AG
GAC06 said:

Very capable in what sense?
Making things dead on the ground, it's job.
GAC06
AG
Slow, vulnerable, incapable of finding targets beyond seeing them or preplanned attacks, and it shows. They're getting shot down a lot and aren't very lethal.
Eliminatus
AG
GAC06 said:

Slow, vulnerable, incapable of finding targets beyond seeing them or preplanned attacks, and it shows. They're getting shot down a lot and aren't very lethal.
Ok
Rossticus
Who wants goosebumps? Here ya go.

Ukrainian strength and resolve remind me of this speech…

GAC06
AG
Just saying that the cult of personality that the A-10 benefits from spills over to the ****tier Russian attempt at an A-10. Except they don't have the avionics, targeting pods, defensive countermeasures, precision ordnance or close air support doctrine or communications capability. Instead they have a small slow jet is basically fighting like it's 1960
First Page Last Page
Page 364 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.