***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,632,675 Views | 47864 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by LMCane
Not a Bot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What I'm getting at is that the Russian strategy to destroy civilian infrastructure combined with their demands for neutrality and limits on military means Ukraine may end up spending an inordinate amount of money on the rebuild and will have to limit how much they can spend to re-arm. Russia takes another bite at the apple in five years.

Of course they will have help, and I would think that a lot of the frozen assets in Russia's wealth fund would be given to Ukraine.
ATX_AG_08
AG
Hope they put some language in there for the return of all their mayors. Force their return or make them admit to executing.
Rossticus
I'm not holding my breath on this "peace" y'all are talking about.

aggiehawg
AG
Rossticus said:

Sounds like Putin's version of the Final Solution.
Who?mikejones!
Rossticus said:

Sounds like most of those protestors in Russia are heading to camps in siberia
ATX_AG_08
AG
ATX_AG_08
AG
Rossticus
Rossticus
Who?mikejones!
Interesting call on local radio show this morning concerning this war-

Caller said his brother was living in Ukraine and was a veteran if the us army. When Russia invaded, this brother took up arms to fight along side Ukrainian soldiers.

The brother is now on his way back to the states because he claims the Ukrainians are the one intentionally bombing some civilian areas in order to take over Russian friendly neighborhoods.

Obviously, sounds a little wacky but interesting if true. Also, I never take too much stock to local randos calls to radio stations but seems like a pretty big lie to put out there. Maybe it was The Debt
Who?mikejones!
Rossticus said:

Glad we're gonna push putin
Not a Bot
AG
rgag12
AG
PJYoung said:

Fascinating thread talking about how Ukrainian attitudes have changed since Russia annexed Crimea:

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1504103672019513345.html

I like how he avoids talking about the thing he is calling for. He never mentions that his "system-oriented" strategy only ends in a world war where millions die, trillions are spent, and nukes threaten to end the human race.
Rossticus
There has been a definite uptick of people starting to discourage foreign fighters and further U.S. assistance via stories like this that conveniently manage to leave out details. Especially since Russia got themselves behind the 8 ball. Did the host press him or just let it go at a statement?

Shelling Russian civs instead of fighting the Russian army that's right there trying to kill them doesn't pass the smell test.
Not a Bot
AG
Posted at almost the exact same time.

TRM
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Caller said his brother was living in Ukraine and was a veteran if the us army. When Russia invaded, this brother took up arms to fight along side Ukrainian soldiers.

The brother is now on his way back to the states because he claims the Ukrainians are the one intentionally bombing some civilian areas in order to take over Russian friendly neighborhoods.

Obviously, sounds a little wacky but interesting if true. Also, I never take too much stock to local randos calls to radio stations but seems like a pretty big lie to put out there. Maybe it was The Debt
Much like the Russian social influencer disinformation push, this is another way of spreading disinformation since all Russian socials are blocked.
aggiehawg
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Depends on where he was. If it were happening in the separatist regions that are on Russia's side?
Rossticus
TRM said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Much like the Russian social influencer disinformation push, this is another way of spreading disinformation since all Russian socials are blocked.

Well, American Family Radio host today was running with the "We don't know the whole story. Putin isn't all bad" line. It's like everyone has gone full #%^*+@
wangus12
AG
Rossticus said:

"Self-purification" sounds like Holocaust Part 2.
ATX_AG_08
AG
AGHouston11
AG
If things are so bad how do three leaders announce they are visiting the president a day before and they ride a train to visit the President! I'm just trying to figure out how this works with a city completely surrounded by Russians.
Rossticus
AGHouston11 said:

If things are so bad how do three leaders announce they are visiting the president a day before and they ride a train to visit the President! I'm just trying to figure out how this works with a city completely surrounded by Russians.

It's not completely surrounded. Not even close. Russians have done a isht job and Ukes are doing a solid job of bogging them down. The strikes on Kyiv are rocket strikes.
LostInLA07
AG
Kyiv isn't surrounded
ATX_AG_08
AG
USAFAg
AG
wangus12 said:

Rossticus said:

"Self-purification" sounds like Holocaust Part 2.

Well Mandrake, they gotta protect their precious, bodily fluids....

12thFan/Websider Since 2003
Build It
AG
Many more Russians need to die faster. They have 200k soldiers in Ukraine.
Rossticus
Rossticus
docb
AG
Damn. We really need to do whatever it takes to get rid of Putin.
deddog
AG
ATX_AG_08 said:

This comment was dark, funny, and true at the same time.

Quote:

[url=https://twitter.com/j_von_piglet][/url]Porcelet de la libert!
@sentdefender
Russia finding out that there have been a few advances in artillery direction since they bought their 1985 army.
PJYoung
AG
AGHouston11 said:

The grocery stores have food, etc.
PJYoung
AG
ATX_AG_08
AG
Russia doesn't have near enough troops to surround Kyiv. They're too bogged down on every single front. They haven't taken one major city to date, except maybe Kherson, where the ukes destroyed a number of helicopters yesterday in a counter offensive. Russia is getting dominated militarily, so all they can do at this point is continue to terrorize civilians bombing cities.
Rossticus
Rossticus
First Page Last Page
Page 335 of 1368

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.