***Russian - Ukraine War Tactical and Strategic Updates*** [Warning on OP]

7,563,583 Views | 47756 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by LMCane
Waffledynamics
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Source in Russian naval vessels operator Rosmorrechflot reporting that drone hit a tanker 30 miles from the Kerch Strait

https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/4-august-source-in-russian-naval-vessels-operator-rosmorrechflot
PJYoung
AG
PJYoung
AG
ABATTBQ11
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/satellite-photos-railway-damage-kerch-bridge-crimea-strike-attack-explosion-1817590%3famp=1

Drone attack 2 weeks ago may have damaged Kerch railway bridge as well as the road deck.
2wealfth Man
AG
damn, the gloves are coming off tonight
aezmvp
Would not want to be running AIS as a Uke or Russian flagged ship in the Black Sea for the foreseeable future and as an owner would be looking to reflag ASAP
PJYoung
AG
PJYoung
AG
Waffledynamics
AG
sclaff
AG
sclaff
AG
sclaff
AG
74OA
AG
sclaff said:

More on the tanker and Kerch Bridge attacks and Wagner's status.

Today's SITREP.
Gilligan
AG
You can look here. Here. Here.

Not here. Not here. Not there. ...or there.

See everything is fine. Nothing to worry about.

Puck Futin!
B-1 83
AG
The remaining doubt is his leverage. An actual shrewd move.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
agent-maroon
AG
Yeah, the orcs have been playing the "we will select your inspection" game for a long, long time.

Spoiler alert: they cheat. they lie. they steal.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
74OA
AG
Ukraine adapting air-to-air missile to use as a fire-and-forget SAM.

ASRAAM
74OA
AG
74OA
AG
74OA
AG
Updated list of US aid to Ukraine. $43B since the war started. Money well spent, particularly considering the trillions we spent during the Cold War and onwards to contain Russia.

LIST
Gilligan
AG
If the Kerch bridge is in range of HIMARS are they capable of doing significant damage?
GAC06
AG
They used them to knock out the Antonovsky bridge at Kherson
SmallBusiness
aezmvp said:

I don't think anyone's Navy is really set up for this type of threat. I'm betting Taiwan is looking at this right now and putting a fab together.
After looking at several pics, I came here to say this and Taiwan is looking really safe!

China has to be rethinking their Taiwan strategy.
lb3
AG
Nobody has anti-torpedo torpedos that I know of.

I wouldn't be surprised if these sea drones (basically ocean kayaks) didn't use trolling motors or similar for propulsion and Honda type generators and batteries for hybrid power generation. They look extremely susceptible to electronic warfare since they appear to be controlled by remote operators using live video streams.
ABATTBQ11
AG
That'll buff right out
ABATTBQ11
AG
lb3 said:

Nobody has anti-torpedo torpedos that I know of.

I wouldn't be surprised if these sea drones (basically ocean kayaks) didn't use trolling motors or similar for propulsion and Honda type generators and batteries for hybrid power generation. They look extremely susceptible to electronic warfare since they appear to be controlled by remote operators using live video streams.

They're more like small speedboats. I think they're controlled through Starlink connections, which Russia has had trouble jamming. Trying to counter them through EW is probably going to be a real challenge because you will inevitably commit EW fratricide and jam yourself.
lb3
AG
They're evolving their sea drones quickly:

74OA
AG
lb3 said:

Nobody has anti-torpedo torpedoes that I know of.
We did until recently.

DEFENSE
MORE
MaroonStain
AG
SmallBusiness said:

aezmvp said:

I don't think anyone's Navy is really set up for this type of threat. I'm betting Taiwan is looking at this right now and putting a fab together.
After looking at several pics, I came here to say this and Taiwan is looking really safe!

...and will probably manufacture 1,000 units in 60 days.
aezmvp
MaroonStain said:

SmallBusiness said:

aezmvp said:

...and will probably manufacture 1,000 units in 60 days.
I also wouldn't be surprised for their to be some "anonymous" attacks on Chinese swarm fleets heading to disputed islands. The Taiwanese, Australians, Filipinos, Indians, Japanese, Vietnamese and Koreans will all be actively developing their own. Probably the Indonesians as well. I wouldn't be surprised if some new types of mother ships will be modified to carry these as well.
AGS-R-TUFF
AG
lb3 said:

They're evolving their sea drones quickly:

Wow, I wonder what the cost and turnaround time is for these Gen 3s? Dozens of these bad boys could really put a hurt on the Orc flotillas.
Waffledynamics
AG

Quote:

Ukraine issued war risk warning notice for the ports of Anapa, Novorossiysk, Gelendzhik, Tuapse, Sochi and Taman

https://liveuamap.com/en/2023/5-august-ukraine-issued-war-risk-warning-notice-for-the-ports

Rossticus
Rossticus
Who?mikejones!
First Page Last Page
Page 1166 of 1365

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.