Inflation surges 7% in December, highest rate in 40 years

8,100 Views | 111 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by infinity ag
Ghost Mech
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tom Doniphon said:

If you believe those rates are correct, I have some ocean front property to sell you... the manipulation they use to get that 7% is borderline criminal IMHO.
Agreed. The Founding Fathers would be snapping central bankers necks by now. Yet we just allow them to lie, cheat and steal.

No one really even notices when several Fed Governors get caught red-handed insider trading. The Gov resigns gets to keep the money and nothing more is said....If we want to restore the Republic, need to hold those people responsible.

https://news.yahoo.com/a-timeline-of-the-federal-reserves-trading-scandal-104415556.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAKK17s9kMkibFPBMFs09tWfD4dQuDZkColDmv9MebJ_-x88Ir6kvCOjQ6FCNEF_n6E1UgTDBYY-MJTDdZ8Dx6jJKWtMCrTInnZIfmPrwzU9PwY2pPuc8DOT9wgq0Cf7jMX82kqGL2Nr2upGJciqfIASJVq3e7ab7jcqOIWZNo7KD

They are in the highest position of govt power (technically above the Govt), zero tolerance for criminality from those people should be practiced. Frankly, I think we should hang one or two for that kind of crap to send a very strong message.
administrative errors
My tar is piping hot in anticipation.
azul_rain
Gotta love the old boomers who ***** and moan about people wanting to make more than 7.25 an hour but are okay pumping us to 7% inflation
administrative errors
It's not their fault, they bought a lie they'll take to the grave.

Wait, it is their fault.
strbrst777
There is no such thing as "a gigantic raise" in SS. The number of $'s is not much; and recipients cannot spend percentages. Medicare premiums and income taxes for many take a chunk of any raise.
infinity ag
MuchosPollos said:

infinity ag said:

joerobert_pete06 said:

My HR rep says inflation is at 4.6%. What should I believe ?
Well done Joe Biden.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/inflation-cpi

depends on what data she's looking at.

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/historical-inflation-rates/

2021 - Monthly inflation rate.
2021 average = 4.7

So if someone asks you "What's your salary?", are you going to tell me the average of all your salaries starting from when you flipped burgers for $5/hr?

Why would this be any different?

The site you provide clearly says the last measured inflation rate was 7.0%.
infinity ag
MuchosPollos said:

Nine periods in US History over 10%? All during or after wars (depending on what you count the end of Vietnam War) if I am reading that correct.

We are in a war. War on COVID.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.