I am Crazy Angry at my Doctor's Office

9,538 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by cecil77
pimplepopper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dropped mask requirements a good 6 months ago. Have had 2 patient complaints. One ended up coming back to see me anyway.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FCBlitz
BaileyAg said:

I own a medical practice and we don't require masks. No one has ever come in asking for one either (i'd happily supply one if they did).
One employee is vaxed the rest of us are not.
I lost a few patients who demanded we all get the jab (which is fine...i'm busy as it is...go somewhere else) but the majority of my patients are sick and tired of this ****

That great that you don't! Masks are helpful but they are not the silver bullet others want you to believe.

But I do see lots of doctors because of the incredibly crappy body God gave me. In the last month seen Neuro, internal medicine, urologist, eye doctor for loss of color vision, had a minor bladder procedure without sedation……and I probably missed something but every single doctor visit required a mask.

Wife is a burn therapist…..she has no clinic, doctor or inpatient visits that occurs without masks.

Now most will drop the mask in private consultation rooms when you ask……but option never occurs in general waiting room.

TRADUCTOR
Been years since I got sucked into being annoyed. Just leave and never come back. Immediately forgive and drop commitment to zero time or thought responding. Easily makes life better

Today! Got sucked hard into being really annoyed, and every damn solution still includes an aluminum bat.

Good luck tomorrow. Good day to forgive and forget is a good plan. Gonna be back to easy.
SociallyConditionedAg
AG
aggiedent said:

You do realize that all health care providers in Texas are guided by their respective state boards. The boards in turn defer Covid protocol to CDC guidelines. Wearing masks in office except such that treatment requires removal is the guideline.

Now…………, not providing one, that's very silly.

Really? Mine has never even required one.
JamesPShelley
I work a few hours a week at THD (wife encouraged me to get out of the house to be around people. I work from home). I work in the customer service department.

My department manager went on a little "pull your mask up" gig the past few days. Employees are required to wear masks. I wear my mask over my mouth and nose 25% of the time, depending if the customer in front of me is wearing a mask or is a normal person. I won't go into details, but suffice it to say that when I tried to reason with my boss ("Our masks protect the customers, but what is protecting us from the customers not wearing masks?), but was met with a blank stare. She knows not to **** with reason. Anyhow..;.

Yesterday morning an elderly lady wearing a mask saunters into the Customer Service Department. I pulled my mask up. The exchange:

Me: Are you here for a return?
Her: I can't hear you.
Me: (Pulling down my mask revealing my nose and mouth) Are you here for a return?
Her: Pull your mask up.
Me: Someone else can help you. (While I walked away).

A few weeks ago I had a regular customer come to my register. I knew I recognized him from a previous encounter, but forgot why. I then remembered...

The exchange:

Me: Returning?
Him: Pull your mask up.
Me: (Now remembering why I remembered him, and pulling my mask up to just under my nose).
Him: You need to pull it all the way up.
Me: (Adjust the mask really just wiggling it back and forth.. totally ****ing with his nonsense) Are you here for a return?
Him: You need to pull your mask all the way up. I suffer from heart conditions.
Me: (In mock exclamation) Shouldn't you be at home or in a hospital? (Then I walk away).

I don't tolerate bull**** from any customer and have walked away from many Karens and Brads. I don't work there for the money, instead enjoying the camaraderie of working with like minded people. I'm waiting for a manager or HR to quiz me about my position or "writing me up" (lol) because I'll have no problem telling them to **** off as I walk out the door.
Whirligigs
cmag said:

combat wombat said:

cmag said:

Dr X is stupid, but you're also stupid for going to any healthcare provider's office without a mask in your pocket. This is year two.

Every single other place that I have been in the last 2 years that requires you to wear a mask has provided a mask if you didn't have one. For a doctor's office to turn a patient away because they didn't want to hand them a 5 cent mask is ridiculous. I'm not the stupid one.

Hey, same here. In fact, at Texas children's they make you wear their masks because they're insane. But if at this point you don't have a five cent mask in your car to get you through the exceedingly rare circumstances that this happens, that's on you too.

Looks like we found the double mask guy here.
KidDoc
AG
I still wear one for patient encounters because I'm employed and my employer, who is multi-state, still has a policy for us to wear one in patient encounters. I could care less if patients or families wear them but they are supplied at the front desk. As mentioned, if your kid is masked I'm going to take it off anyway to perform physical examination.

If I had a patient complaint about me not masking it would be cause for termination. I don't think they would but no reason to go around breaking policies and risking my dream job and location.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
SociallyConditionedAg
AG
JamesPShelley said:

I work a few hours a week at THD (wife encouraged me to get out of the house to be around people. I work from home). I work in the customer service department.

My department manager went on a little "pull your mask up" gig the past few days. Employees are required to wear masks. I wear my mask over my mouth and nose 25% of the time, depending if the customer in front of me is wearing a mask or is a normal person. I won't go into details, but suffice it to say that when I tried to reason with my boss ("Our masks protect the customers, but what is protecting us from the customers not wearing masks?), but was met with a blank stare. She knows not to **** with reason. Anyhow..;.

Yesterday morning an elderly lady wearing a mask saunters into the Customer Service Department. I pulled my mask up. The exchange:

Me: Are you here for a return?
Her: I can't hear you.
Me: (Pulling down my mask revealing my nose and mouth) Are you here for a return?
Her: Pull your mask up.
Me: Someone else can help you. (While I walked away).

A few weeks ago I had a regular customer come to my register. I knew I recognized him from a previous encounter, but forgot why. I then remembered...

The exchange:

Me: Returning?
Him: Pull your mask up.
Me: (Now remembering why I remembered him, and pulling my mask up to just under my nose).
Him: You need to pull it all the way up.
Me: (Adjust the mask really just wiggling it back and forth.. totally ****ing with his nonsense) Are you here for a return?
Him: You need to pull your mask all the way up. I suffer from heart conditions.
Me: (In mock exclamation) Shouldn't you be at home or in a hospital? (Then I walk away).

I don't tolerate bull**** from any customer and have walked away from many Karens and Brads. I don't work there for the money, instead enjoying the camaraderie of working with like minded people. I'm waiting for a manager or HR to quiz me about my position or "writing me up" (lol) because I'll have no problem telling them to **** off as I walk out the door.

I really hate that we're creating a society of peasant servants and the elites who don't have to wear the mask and bend the knee. It's insane that people have allowed it to go on this long.
cecil77
AG
I've droned many times that this, masking, is the most concerning phenomenon in the entire governmental/societal response to Covid. That the populace can be so easily convinced of something that is patently untrue, and until April 2020 was acknowledged as such by 100% of the "scientific" community - is truly frightening. It is precisely what Orwell outlined in "Animal Farm".

It begs the question: What's the next thing that "they" will induce the populace to believe?
agdaddy04
AG
It's most notable at restaurants, but also noticed it while watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade last week. Essentially it's just "the help" that has to wear masks the whole time, while everyone else is okay not wearing one. I'm sure that's being done on purpose. Why people put up with it, I have no idea.
cecil77
AG
At best it's performative. At worst outright psychotic.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.