I am Crazy Angry at my Doctor's Office

9,533 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by cecil77
LostInLA07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Our kids pediatrician makes you use their mask even if you brought your own so they know it's clean.

If they are going to have a stupid policy at least carry the logic all through way through. The dirty covid riddled mask in the car that hasn't been washed since it was purchased on Etsy in April 2020 is a health risk.
combat wombat™
AG
My computer froze up when I was posting that. I checked for a double post and didn't see it.
Prexys Moon
AG
Bourre said:

"Me: I'm done with Dr. X. Just cancel my appointment. Tell Dr. X he just lost a patient."

This is the way.

Yup. It's going to be slow but all of us with brains just have to say no more, and when possible not support places, businesses, etc who support all this crap.

We're looking at vacations next summer. Some spots in CA looked awesome. But I'm not going to risk there still being mask mandates if there is variant xyz in CA next year.

We're going to Florida instead.

I saw an advertisement down the side of the texags site for "A Christmas Carol" in Dallas over Christmas. We love that show. Go to the link, must show proof of vax to get in. Nope. So not going to go to that.

and so on.

I'm done with it.
AgGrad99
AG
I keep a mask in my car, in case I run into this (ie. be prepared). It's dumb they didnt have any, but I try to avoid the inconvenience.

But, the doctor is missing out on an easy way to make Friday lunch money for the office staff.

You can buy 100 of these things on Amazon for $6. Sell them for $2 per piece. Take the money, and buy the office lunch when you've sold enough of them.

combat wombat™
AG
Ours does the same. But you can wear it over your disgusting, never-been-washed mask. I never understood that until now.
MapGuy
aggiedent said:

You do realize that all health care providers in Texas are guided by their respective state boards. The boards in turn defer Covid protocol to CDC guidelines. Wearing masks in office except such that treatment requires removal is the guideline.

Now…………, not providing one, that's very silly.
I'm assuming that is a statewide Texas thing or only at the regional centers? If you go to the larger regional medical centers here in Missouri masks are required in parts of the hospitals but at the local health clinics, masks aren't required. I actually got a good laugh a couple of weeks back when I was checking out after my appointment. As I was checking out a lady entered the lobby wearing her mask, this lady was literally the only person in the place with one and she gave me, others in the lobby and the doctor a bit of stink eye. My doctor politely told the lady that while she is welcome to wear a mask if it makes her more comfortable, they are in no way required to wear one nor do they push them on patients as they provide little protection for the wearer or those around them.
combat wombat™
AG
AgGrad99 said:

I keep a mask in my car, in case I run into this (ie. be prepared). It's dumb they didnt have any, but I try to avoid the inconvenience.

But, the doctor is missing out on an easy way to make Friday lunch money for the office staff.

You can buy 100 of these things on Amazon for $6. Sell them for $2 per piece. Take the money, and buy the office lunch when you've sold enough of them.

I usually have a WHOLE box of masks in my car. However, my car was just detailed yesterday and we cleaned it out for that. I didn't put everything back so the box of masks was sitting in my garage.
Wabs
AG
There hasn't been a mask in our house or any of our cars since March. If a place requires a mask we just don't go there.
RingOfive
AG
Similar thing happened to my wife and me when we went to her eye doctor appointment.

We haven't worn a mask in more than a year. Saw the "mask required" sign on the door but didn't have one. When we got to the front desk, the first thing the receptionist said was, "Do you have a mask?" After telling her that we didn't, she stops typing, turns around and grabs two masks out of a box with her grubby keyboard hands, and hands them to us.

My wife and I looked at each other with the same thought. Before putting on the nasty mask that the receptionist just grabbed with her bare, grubby keyboard hands, my wife said, "You know what, I'll reschedule."

We got in the car and decided that we're no longer going to any doctor that requires a mask. Masks don't do jack ****. If a doctor is too stupid to know this, then we don't trust them.
Aston04
AG
On Amazon, one can buy 1000 disposable masks for $50 or .05 cents per mask. They lost a patient over FIVE CENTS!!! Lol!!

Link
TxTarpon
Girl, you sure brought the Combat to the Dr's office.

----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
AgGrad99
AG

Quote:

I usually have a WHOLE box of masks in my car. However, my car was just detailed yesterday and we cleaned it out for that. I didn't put everything back so the box of masks was sitting in my garage.
I hear ya.

But at least your car looks pretty now
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
aggiedent said:

So Karen Wombat it is.
Quick, Trademark that before she does.
coconutED
AG
aggiedent said:

You do realize that all health care providers in Texas are guided by their respective state boards. The boards in turn defer Covid protocol to CDC guidelines. Wearing masks in office except such that treatment requires removal is the guideline.
There are plenty of Doctor Offices that don't require masks.
IIIHorn
aggiedent said:

So Karen Wombat it is.

Karen TM
aggiedent
AG
" I was not aware of the state boards issue. In Texas....does Abbott's order not prohibit? "

State board rules, while having the input of the professionals in their field, are decided by the state legislature. The governor has no power to change the rules. These boards are also somewhat autonomous if necessary.

Covid protocols are not etched in stone as law, but are highly recommended. As such, if you follow recommendations you are safe from legal action. I mean legal action from the board, not a private lawsuit. My philosophy that has guided me for 30+ years has been to follow rules/suggestions and never have the board so much as hear my name in any legal proceedings. It just isn't worth the trouble.
neAGle96
AG
Just go to the restroom, grab a few feet of toilet paper and wrap the tp around your face. It'll probably be just as effective as most masks.

If they complain, tell them it is your mask and make them show you the policy that describes the type of masks needed to see the Dr
cecil77
AG
Many docs don't require them.
planoaggie123
AG
Appreciate it!
HollywoodBQ
AG
Can you imagine how funny this would be if you were Black and had vertical cell phone video to go along with the story.
combat wombat™
AG
combat wombat aka Karen is just too long a username.
combat wombat™
AG
neAGle96 said:

Just go to the restroom, grab a few feet of toilet paper and wrap the tp around your face. It'll probably be just as effective as most masks.

If they complain, tell them it is your mask and make them show you the policy that describes the type of masks needed to see the Dr
I wish I'd had one of those "offensive" mesh masks.
agdoc2001
AG
Not required in my office. TMB rule requiring them expired.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
cecil77 said:

Many docs don't require them.

Half the doctors I see regularly still require masks. My neurologist and nephrologist still do. Not really surprised about the nephro because she's in the transplant unit. I wonder if masks have been required for longer than covid there. My daughter's pediatrician still requires them. They still take our temperature and hand us a mask when we visit. That will never not annoy me. Multiple illnesses out there come with a fever so now, because of stupid responses to covid, if my daughter has something completely unrelated to covid but still has a fever, her doctor won't see her in person. Isn't that the whole point of what doctors do? See sick people?
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Post office email address
10andBOUNCE
AG
This same exact thing happened to my father in law recently. Makes zero sense.
lil99chris
AG
I hope you provided them with a urine sample.

YouBet
AG
My eye doctor requires a mask in the waiting room which is literally about 6x8 feet and then doesn't require them once you walk out of that space. A space that is open to the larger office. And they never schedule more than one patient at a time so you are always there by yourself with just staff.

This is COVID and the stupidity it has reduced us to.
Marcus Brutus
Ha ha.. I love it. Good for you.
DGrimesAg92
MizooAg94 said:

textar4404 said:

Is Nick Saban Elaine's Doctor? I did not know that.
Nick is everyone's proctologist.
2aggiesmom
RingOfive said:

Similar thing happened to my wife and me when we went to her eye doctor appointment.

We haven't worn a mask in more than a year. Saw the "mask required" sign on the door but didn't have one. When we got to the front desk, the first thing the receptionist said was, "Do you have a mask?" After telling her that we didn't, she stops typing, turns around and grabs two masks out of a box with her grubby keyboard hands, and hands them to us.

My wife and I looked at each other with the same thought. Before putting on the nasty mask that the receptionist just grabbed with her bare, grubby keyboard hands, my wife said, "You know what, I'll reschedule."

We got in the car and decided that we're no longer going to any doctor that requires a mask. Masks don't do jack ****. If a doctor is too stupid to know this, then we don't trust them.
The only place, I I mean the ONLY place I wear a mask is to my eye doctor. Do I think it is silly and useless? Yes. Why do I do it? After 20 years dealing with a hereditary eye disease and 15 of those years being legally blind in one eye due to a failed cornea transplant, I found someone who restored my eyesight to about 20/ 40 . After cornea transplants you are on drops for the rest of your life so need at least yearly check ups. I am still recovering from my latest transplant so need to go every three months. I do not consider wearing a mask for a couple of hours every 3 month much of a sacrifice, for my vision. I still hate it though.
Thunder18
AG
agdoc2001 said:

I had to fire my dentist because he wanted to charge me $25 out of pocket for PPE during my visit. I offered to bring him some from my office, but it turns out they really just wanted $25 for two bucks worth of equipment. Nice racket.

I raised hell about this with my dentist as well. Not paying a $15 PPE surcharge, gtfo with that nonsense
Muy
AG
You'd be really pissed if they charged you for the appt because you didn't cancel within 48 hours
Corn Pop
RingOfive said:

We probably went to the same place. Lady behind the counter was asking before I even made it inside. I had my kid with me as it was their appointment and wasn't going to reschedule. I hung it over my ears and put it under my chin. Never covered nose or mouth once. No one said a word.
Goodest Poster
AG
Omnicron jumbled spells MORONIC
Always the most goodest

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.