I am Crazy Angry at my Doctor's Office

9,536 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by cecil77
beerad12man
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rules for the sake of rules are my biggest pet peeves. Or rules that affect 1% or less of situations. Again, big pet peeve.

And answering "because it's our policy"? Also a huge pet peeve.
c-jags
Corn Pop said:

RingOfive said:

Similar thing happened to my wife and me when we went to her eye doctor appointment.

We haven't worn a mask in more than a year. Saw the "mask required" sign on the door but didn't have one. When we got to the front desk, the first thing the receptionist said was, "Do you have a mask?" After telling her that we didn't, she stops typing, turns around and grabs two masks out of a box with her grubby keyboard hands, and hands them to us.

My wife and I looked at each other with the same thought. Before putting on the nasty mask that the receptionist just grabbed with her bare, grubby keyboard hands, my wife said, "You know what, I'll reschedule."

We got in the car and decided that we're no longer going to any doctor that requires a mask. Masks don't do jack ****. If a doctor is too stupid to know this, then we don't trust them.

We probably went to the same place. Lady behind the counter was asking before I even made it inside. I had my kid with me as it was their appointment and wasn't going to reschedule. I hung it over my ears and put it under my chin. Never covered nose or mouth once. No one said a word.

I wore a mask to take my son to a Dr. appointment yesterday. I haven't worn one since maybe once or twice in August after we dealt with some respiratory stuff.

It was a Dr office, so I kinda figured they'd be required.m and brought one. Managed to go about my visit with no issues and took it off when I left.

Look, I'm all against mandates, but a Dr. Appointment is probably the number one place I'd expect it to be mandatory.
Bird Poo
AG
agdoc2001 said:

I had to fire my dentist because he wanted to charge me $25 out of pocket for PPE during my visit. I offered to bring him some from my office, but it turns out they really just wanted $25 for two bucks worth of equipment. Nice racket.
That is insane. Good job firing his arse.

My dentist is an awesome conservative.
Corn Pop
c-jags said:

Corn Pop said:

RingOfive said:

Similar thing happened to my wife and me when we went to her eye doctor appointment.

We haven't worn a mask in more than a year. Saw the "mask required" sign on the door but didn't have one. When we got to the front desk, the first thing the receptionist said was, "Do you have a mask?" After telling her that we didn't, she stops typing, turns around and grabs two masks out of a box with her grubby keyboard hands, and hands them to us.

My wife and I looked at each other with the same thought. Before putting on the nasty mask that the receptionist just grabbed with her bare, grubby keyboard hands, my wife said, "You know what, I'll reschedule."

We got in the car and decided that we're no longer going to any doctor that requires a mask. Masks don't do jack ****. If a doctor is too stupid to know this, then we don't trust them.

We probably went to the same place. Lady behind the counter was asking before I even made it inside. I had my kid with me as it was their appointment and wasn't going to reschedule. I hung it over my ears and put it under my chin. Never covered nose or mouth once. No one said a word.

I wore a mask to take my son to a Dr. appointment yesterday. I haven't worn one since maybe once or twice in August after we dealt with some respiratory stuff.

It was a Dr office, so I kinda figured they'd be required.m and brought one. Managed to go about my visit with no issues and took it off when I left.

Look, I'm all against mandates, but a Dr. Appointment is probably the number one place I'd expect it to be mandatory.

Is that the only place the virus can jump out and get you? Look, if it was all PPE I'd be a tiny bit more understanding, but they will accept those stupid cloth ones that are proven to be ineffective. In addition, the flu is far more deadly to people of all ages and they never required masks in the past…
C@LAg
Had to wear one while getting an MRI done.
sharpdressedman
agdoc2001 said:

I had to fire my dentist because he wanted to charge me $25 out of pocket for PPE during my visit. I offered to bring him some from my office, but it turns out they really just wanted $25 for two bucks worth of equipment. Nice racket.
Yep. That racket lasted about six weeks in Dallas before it was largely cancelled due to patients going elsewhere. It was a brazen money grab from the outset.
zephyr88
AG
NTAS said:

I'd watch out for a cancellation fee. if they won't give you a mask then they sound cheap enough to charge you for cancelling your appointment without notice

FdrX
She DIDN'T cancel. She showed up. She was there.
combat wombat™
AG
I challenge them to charge me. THEY REFUSED TO SEE ME.
sharpdressedman
cecil77 said:

Many docs don't require them.

Masks are optional at my practice offices, and there are signs on the front doors announcing same.

I have lost some patients who enter the offices and demand everyone be masked. Our receptionists have a polite reply to them offering a termination of services/responsibility form and a referral to another cardiologist.

At least two-thirds of them shut-up and take a seat. We will provide a mask to anyone who requests one, but patients who arrive without one very seldom ask.
dreyOO
OP name is checking out. Good on you!

Some people (not just covidiots) thrive in being difficult. In a service industry, particularly in America, it's surprising when you run into that. But it's best not to reward their dumbass behavior.
WHOOP!'91
AG
TexAgs91 said:

"It's our policy" is not an answer
cmag
Dr X is stupid, but you're also stupid for going to any healthcare provider's office without a mask in your pocket. This is year two.
combat wombat™
AG
cmag said:

Dr X is stupid, but you're also stupid for going to any healthcare provider's office without a mask in your pocket. This is year two.

Every single other place that I have been in the last 2 years that requires you to wear a mask has provided a mask if you didn't have one. For a doctor's office to turn a patient away because they didn't want to hand them a 5 cent mask is ridiculous. I'm not the stupid one.
WorthAg95
AG
cmag said:

Dumbest thing I've read all day. Many offices don't require them for patients OR staff and offices don't see sick patients anyway. They are all telehealth these days.

CW, what part of Houston was this?
Marcus Brutus
cmag said:

Lol
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Bourre said:

"Me: I'm done with Dr. X. Just cancel my appointment. Tell Dr. X he just lost a patient."

This is the way

Correct answer, and I would do the same out of general principles.

Reality though, is that the doctor is probably employed by someone else and their employer (or he/she if it is one of the increasingly rare private practices) doesn't GAS.

With a fifth of the health care workforce having quit altogether or moved to travel practice working for the highest bidder, losing a patient or twenty seems irrelevant to the bean counters. Your appointment slot was probably overbooked anyway.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
cbaker20
This. I do not require any of my patients or staff to wear a mask, nor do I. Most patients in my area prefer this. Abbots eo giving the tmb power to require it expired a while back.

combat wombat™
AG
WorthAg95 said:

cmag said:

Dumbest thing I've read all day. Many offices don't require them for patients OR staff and offices don't see sick patients anyway. They are all telehealth these days.

CW, what part of Houston was this?

This physician practices at STJ in DT but I was at one of his satellite offices at Voss and San Felipe.
cmag
combat wombat said:

cmag said:

Every single other place that I have been in the last 2 years that requires you to wear a mask has provided a mask if you didn't have one. For a doctor's office to turn a patient away because they didn't want to hand them a 5 cent mask is ridiculous. I'm not the stupid one.

Hey, same here. In fact, at Texas children's they make you wear their masks because they're insane. But if at this point you don't have a five cent mask in your car to get you through the exceedingly rare circumstances that this happens, that's on you too.
oldcrow91
AG
aggiedent said:

You do realize that all health care providers in Texas are guided by their respective state boards. The boards in turn defer Covid protocol to CDC guidelines. Wearing masks in office except such that treatment requires removal is the guideline.

Now…………, not providing one, that's very silly.

Went to doc last week and week before. No mask. I don't know how you guys put up with it in big cities.
stetson
AG
Went to my annual dental appointment last spring with my mask. A month or so later I get the bill which my insurance covered except for a $2.00 PPE charge. I call them to learn what it is and am told it is to cover the cost of personal protection equipment for COVID. Pirates. I never paid it.
cmag
Ok, that's legit BS.
FCBlitz
Kind of got snake bit by your attitude. Buy now you should realize all medical visits require masks.
cecil77
AG
FCBlitz said:

Kind of got snake bit by your attitude. Buy now you should realize all medical visits require masks.

Wrong. See the above posts. Many don't..

And the ones that do it's performative. They all know masks don't mitigate viral transfer any more than covering you mouth/nose with a tissue when sneezing. Only difference is you don't hold that tissue to your face and continue to blow/suck/sneeze through it.

Sea Speed
AG
cmag said:

combat wombat said:

cmag said:

Hey, same here. In fact, at Texas children's they make you wear their masks because they're insane. But if at this point you don't have a five cent mask in your car to get you through the exceedingly rare circumstances that this happens, that's on you too.

Bull***** You want me to wear a mask in your business you're giving me one and I'm going to significantly limit my use of your services if it is something must have or im walking out. I'm not going to shuffle around this earth with a fake ass safety blanket. Completely worthless.
gkaggie08
AG
Had a similar experience today. Had to take the 4yo to the doctor. Our small town has a county hospital with a rural clinic attached to it. I was given a mask when I checked into the clinic, but no 'mask required' signs were up, so I never put it on. Got called into the exam room, no mask, no problem. Doc looked at my boy, determined he had double ear infection and bronchitis.
He sends me and my boy down the hall to the hospital for chest x-rays and RSV+covid tests. I rolled my eyes at the covid test, but thought, hell with it. Walk down the hall to admissions. While waiting on paperwork, there were 3 nurses that walked by without masks that gasped when they saw us and immediately lifted their masks up.

Get through admissions and am walking to lab testing when the dumba** clerk stopped me and told me I was REQUIRED to have a mask on once I entered the doors. She said this to me while her mask was around her chin. My boy was nervous about the tests and X-rays, so I slapped mine on giving her a GTH look.

Got labs done and x ray with an unmasked tech. Made sure we walked out past the clerk. As we passed her with her mask still on her chin, I loudly told her to put her fu**ing mask on right if she's going to require others to do the same

I know, dear diary, but when employees aren't even following the 'rules', including the freaking hospital administrator, I'm not going to let somebody who's job is to warm a seat rudely tell me to follow the rules
White Liberals=The Worst
F*** almost all doctors. Prob 70+%. I have lost so much respect for that profession it's not even funny.
GE
AG
Name doctor and office
BaileyAg
AG
I own a medical practice and we don't require masks. No one has ever come in asking for one either (i'd happily supply one if they did).
One employee is vaxed the rest of us are not.
I lost a few patients who demanded we all get the jab (which is fine...i'm busy as it is...go somewhere else) but the majority of my patients are sick and tired of this ****
agdaddy04
AG
Good for you. We just switched to a PCP that has similar views. Previous one even wanted us to vax our 8 year old.
BoerneGator
AG
Where do you practice?
Woods Ag
AG
Yeah **** that doctor..

I've been to the doctors office 2x during covid. Both times when I walked in the receptionists weren't wearing masks but then put one on. They give me a mask, but once I get to the doctor he tells me I can remove it, he doesn't care
taxpreparer
AG
NTAS said:

I'd watch out for a cancellation fee. if they won't give you a mask then they sound cheap enough to charge you for cancelling your appointment without notice

FdrX

He did not cancel his appt. They did. He should bill them for canceling without notice.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
Rongagin71
AG
Back when Austin was still under full lock down, I had to take wifey to a doctor's appt on a very rainy, cold day.
We got to the door drenched, and found that I would not be allowed to enter as I didn't have an appt...so I had to slog back to the car instead of waiting in a nice, warm chair for the rain to end.
Sure enough, the weather was fine by the time wifey got out.
Big Al 1992
AG
Wear this one next time…

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.