***** OFFICIAL Russia v. Ukraine *****

1,057,252 Views | 10330 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TRM
74OA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hornbeck said:

Somebody better wake Paw Paw up because the Ruskies have their hand on the button. Prudence says, ours have to be ready. You know Israel.is ready...
Tell Prudence that our nuke force is always on alert.
Not a Bot
AG
74OA
AG
Captain Positivity said:

Yep.
TRM
AG

45-70Ag
AG
TRM
AG
DogCo84
AG
As a veteran of the Cold War (and about 30 NTC rotations during the Regan era), I note that there were some truisms about the Russian Army of the '80s--that are apparently still true today:

1. They are up to 40% conscripts that have no idea where they are.

2. Despite trying, the Russian Army still has not established any kind of effective NCO corps.

3. It is likely that no one below officer rank has a map or compass.

4. It is likely that even if NCOs/enlisted do have a map/compass, they do not know how to use it.

5. The rank/file likely have no idea what the mission is or have even a vague notion of the general plan.

6. Most vehicles do not have radios.

7. If you take out the vehicles with radios (and the officers talking on them), then the rest of the unit is likely out of the fight.

8. While they have lots of them, Russian vehicles suck--always have. They are difficult to operate (think lots of manual systems and double-clutching); and they still require fuel/maintenance.

Someone else should continue this list, lol.
45-70Ag
AG
Hornbeck
AG
74OA said:

Hornbeck said:

Somebody better wake Paw Paw up because the Ruskies have their hand on the button. Prudence says, ours have to be ready. You know Israel.is ready...
Tell Prudence that our nuke force is always on alert.

But PawPaw controls their use.
45-70Ag
AG
TChaney

The Russian army has taken control of Berdyansk. Now the Russian Armed Forces patrols the streets of the city.
45-70Ag
AG
WolfCall
AG

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1572587/ukraine-russia-war-ukranian-army-troops-stall-putin-plan

'
Quote:

Clever tactic' Ukrainians using British weapons to cut Russians off from supplies
THE BRAVE resistance of Ukrainian troops and civilians to the Russian invaders has put paid to Moscow's hope of avoiding a protracted conflict.
By MARCO GIANNANGELI DEFENCE EDITOR
10:50, Sun, Feb 27, 2022 | UPDATED: 14:21, Sun, Feb 27, 2022

While Russia has yet to deploy the full brunt of an estimated 60,000 troops outside Kyiv, its failure to neutralise Ukraine's air force before launching the ground invasion was credited to "Putin's hubris" by some. Russia has also failed to take and hold Antonov airport, about 12 miles from Kyiv while a call for medical conscripts from Russia reveals the unexpected casualties they have suffered, which were estimated at around 3,500 in the first 48 hours.

As of last night, at least 198 Ukrainians, including three children, have been killed and 1,115 people wounded so far during the invasion.........

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1572723/putin-war-ukraine-russia-nato-invasion
Quote:

Putin's war is causing exactly what he DOESN'T want to happen 'beginning of the end'
RUSSIA'S invasion of Ukraine marks the end of Putin's regime, but unless Ukraine holds on, this will only happen after the West pays a high price, those who know him said last night.
By MARCO GIANNANGELI DEFENCE EDITOR
15:06, Sun, Feb 27, 2022 | UPDATED: 17:35, Sun, Feb 27, 2022

Though his troops last night threatened to overrun Kyiv and topple the democratically elected government of President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, the new invasion is proving so unpopular in Russia that several of its MPs are withdrawing support for the Kremlin after voting to recognise the independence of eastern Ukraine's separatist regions. Senior Army and Air Force generals voiced their concerns on the operation and urged the Russian premier to rethink his strategy.

Mikhail Matveyev, a member of the State Duma, the lower house of the Russian parliament, called on Putin to stop the invasion. He said: "By voting to recognise the independence of the Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics I voted for peace, not a war. For Russia to become a shield for the Donbas, not for bombing Kyiv."......

TChaney
45-70Ag said:

45-70Ag
AG
TChaney

Employees of the Chechen "Rosguard" in Pripyat, Don, February 27, 2022. Employees of the FSVNG "Rosguard" in the Republic of Chechnya in the Pripyat region, Chernobyl Exclusion Zone
AustinAg2K
I'm not sure I agree with everyone saying Putin is done after this blunder. Right now the World is standing with Ukraine, but the World, and especially European countries, has a very short memories. Give Germany a couple of months of high energy prices, and see how long before their people forget about Ukraine.

I expect Russia will eventually gain control of Ukraine and install a puppet government. Then, it becomes a stand off to see who can deal with a crippled economy longer. Putin or the rest of Europe. The sanctions are bigger right now, but history has already shown after Georgia and Crimea, that the EU has no problem folding to Russia's will to get cheap energy.
TRM
AG
TRM
AG
45-70Ag
AG
E
AG
When is it realistic all this aid can get to Ukraine and Kiev? It seems like a lot of it might be too late as the Russians have Kiev surrounded now.
TChaney

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

2nd video may mean confirmation
I Like Mike
AG
We need to start delivering aid kinetically. From Apaches and F-15s.
Build It
AG
Why is that Uke cargo ship sailing right by Crimea? I haven't heard of the Russians launching a naval attack other than Snake Island.

I wonder why?
Not a Bot
AG
They bombarded with MLRS last night. Don't know if that video is from today or yesterday.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
MarkoRamius said:

We need to start delivering aid kinetically. From Apaches and F-15s.

Figured you'd be more of a submarine guy, actually…
I Like Mike
AG
Putting subs in the Black Sea is suicide. So airstrikes on convoys will do.
SidetrackAg
AG
45-70Ag said:

TRM
AG
TRM
AG
https://newlinesmag.com/reportage/russias-war-isnt-going-well/
TRM
AG
FriscoKid
AG
TChaney
Ag_07
AG
Maybe a dumb question but one I'm curious to know the answer to

Does all this assistance in the form of weapons, ammo, fuel, food, etc come with no strings attached or are these deals the Ukraines worked out that have something coming back in return?
TriAg2010
AG
AustinAg2K said:

I'm not sure I agree with everyone saying Putin is done after this blunder. Right now the World is standing with Ukraine, but the World, and especially European countries, has a very short memories. Give Germany a couple of months of high energy prices, and see how long before their people forget about Ukraine.

I expect Russia will eventually gain control of Ukraine and install a puppet government. Then, it becomes a stand off to see who can deal with a crippled economy longer. Putin or the rest of Europe. The sanctions are bigger right now, but history has already shown after Georgia and Crimea, that the EU has no problem folding to Russia's will to get cheap energy.

The magnitude of economic pain Europe can inflict on Russia is orders of magnitude worse than what Russia can inflict on Europe. The ATM exchange rate for Ruble to USD has fallen by half since Friday night. The SWIFT sanctions haven't even begun yet. Key commercial services will rapidly grind to a halt in Russia in ways that affect the public. Europe can limp through an energy crisis going into a warming spring better than Russia can endure a public that can't by groceries by end of next week.

If Putin does survive this, then I think he's looking at Saddam Hussein status on the world stage: deeply isolated, broadly hated, selling oil to the French, and a lot of people will wish he had been finished off when we had the chance.
First Page Last Page
Page 151 of 296

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.