***** OFFICIAL Russia v. Ukraine *****

1,066,177 Views | 10330 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TRM
buzzardb267
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I still think, whatever happens, the Biden admin has fanned the flames simply to keep it in all the news headlines. Not hearing near as much about inflation, Hunter, the border, spying on sitting POTUS, etc.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

I wonder if Zelenskiy is wishing he had given more information to Trump
Doubtful. He's too much under the thumb of the EU and IMF for financial aid. Cooperating with Trump to hurt Biden would not go over well with them.
K2-HMFIC
buzzardb267 said:

I still think, whatever happens, the Biden admin has fanned the flames simply to keep it in all the news headlines. Not hearing near as much about inflation, Hunter, the border, spying on sitting POTUS, etc.

Right…sooo…did Biden conspire with Putin to put the Russian troops on the Ukrainian border in order to distract from Hunter?
chickencoupe16
AG
aggiehawg said:

So what is the Notice supposed to entail? Not an actual deployment?

It's a notice to all pilots, private, commercial, military. It doesn't mean anything but be wary of this airspace. Could mean that Russia is gonna launch dozens of cruise missiles towards Ukraine or n something else or nothing at all.
gougler08
AG
K2-HMFIC said:

buzzardb267 said:

Right…sooo…did Biden conspire with Putin to put the Russian troops on the Ukrainian border in order to distract from Hunter?

Of course not, but he's definitely using this to his advantage to take people off of the actual issues in this country
K2-HMFIC
gougler08 said:

K2-HMFIC said:

buzzardb267 said:

Of course not, but he's definitely using this to his advantage to take people off of the actual issues in this country

K. So…you're saying POTUS should not be saying anything to Russia to dissuade them from invasion?
K2-HMFIC
gougler08 said:

K2-HMFIC said:

buzzardb267 said:

You should let her know that this is all Biden's doing to cover up for inflation rates.

GAC06
AG
She seems like a keeper
Wheatables02
AG
K2-HMFIC said:

gougler08 said:

K2-HMFIC said:

buzzardb267 said:

You should let her know that this is all Biden's doing to cover up for inflation rates.

Headed overseas to evac this one.
Jayhawk
I dont see why this needs to be an either/or proposition.

Biden is a decayed senile version of a man who was a sociopathic liar with a defective intellect even in his prime.

Biden has taken bribes from Russians and Chinese (and Ukrainians).

The Russians exploit the American right's disgust and outrage at our elites by manipulating the discourse of the online right.

The Russians have utilized meme-centric propaganda to make Putin, previously an intelligence operative for the communist regime whose mind was formed by Marxist-Leninist precepts, into a sympathetic masculine anti-hero.

Biden, as an opportunistic career politician who cares only for optics and not substance, regards the situation in Ukraine as an opportunity to appear presidential as they say and claw back some support in the polls which are currently dire for the democrats.

Putin, and those who form his constituency (his real constituency aka oligarchs) are revanchist Russian nationalists who regard the very existence of an independent Ukraine to be an affront to Russian honor and have decided to "rectify" the humiliation caused by the downfall of the USSR.
buzzardb267
AG
K2-HMFIC said:

buzzardb267 said:

Not what I said. However, "never let a good crisis go to waste".
light_bulb
AG
Long story short, is there any good reason I should care if Russia invades Ukraine?

At the surface, it has no impact on my life, so I will likely not care.
ProgN
Wheatables02 said:

K2-HMFIC said:

gougler08 said:

K2-HMFIC said:

buzzardb267 said:

Headed overseas to evac this one.
ItsA&InotA&M
light_bulb said:

Long story short, is there any good reason I should care if Russia invades Ukraine?

You should care because Americans will be sent to fight the Russian invasion. American dads, sons, and husbands will be killed.

If we going are going to fight a border invasion, send the troops the southern US border.
Irish 2.0
Invasion so imminent Brandon goes to Delaware. Don't you think he'd want to be in the war room with his cabinet as Putin invades?
chickencoupe16
AG
ItsA&InotA&M said:

light_bulb said:

You should care because Americans will be sent to fight the Russian invasion. American dads, sons, and husbands will be killed.

If we going are going to fight a border invasion, send the troops the southern US border.

An invasion of Ukraine will not lead to American men being sent to fight Russia. If it does, it won't be just those sent to Ukraine that will die.
K2-HMFIC
ItsA&InotA&M said:

light_bulb said:

Zero troops have been sent to Ukraine.
K2-HMFIC
buzzardb267 said:

K2-HMFIC said:

buzzardb267 said:

K. So tell me...what should POTUS have done?
light_bulb
AG
K2-HMFIC said:

buzzardb267 said:

K2-HMFIC said:

buzzardb267 said:

Let Ukraine handle its own issues of sovereignty.
K2-HMFIC
light_bulb said:

K2-HMFIC said:

buzzardb267 said:

K2-HMFIC said:

buzzardb267 said:

K.

So you're saying the US shouldn't do anything for a democratic nation against an authoritarian one? No sending of arms, no economic sanctions?
CW Griswold
The data support no conclusions as yet. The absence of activity in the Pacific suggests this could be just an exercise.
Ags4DaWin
K2-HMFIC said:

buzzardb267 said:

K2-HMFIC said:

buzzardb267 said:

Not withdraw from afghanistan in an absolute shot show which showed Putin that Biden was completely incompetent and his incompetancy trickles down to his generals which meant that Buden would DO nothing effective to keep Putin from making a move in the Ukraine.

In contrast when Putin pushed and gave Assad support in Syria even to the point of facilitating attacks on civiliams with chemical weapons, Trump destroyed their depot and manufacturing, making it clear that the US would not tolerate such action.

A strong move that showed Putin Biden was both competant and intolerant of aggression would have prevented this.

Instead Biden showed he was weak and incompetant and impotent in Afghanistan which emboldened Putin to make a bet Biden wpuld be similarly incompetant and weak in regards to any action Putin took in regards to the Ukraine.
K2-HMFIC
Ags4DaWin said:

K2-HMFIC said:

buzzardb267 said:

K2-HMFIC said:

buzzardb267 said:

Not withdraw from afghanistan in an absolute shot show which showed Putin that Biden was completely incompetent and his incompetancy trickles down to his generals which meant that Buden would DO nothing effective to keep Putin from making a move in the Ukraine.

In contrast when Putin pushed and gave Assad support in Syria even to the point of facilitating attacks on civiliams with chemical weapons, Trump destroyed their depot and manufacturing, making it clear that the US would not tolerate such action.

A strong move that showed Putin Biden was both competant and intolerant of aggression would have prevented this.

Instead Biden showed he was weak and incompetant and impotent in Afghanistan which emboldened Putin to make a bet Biden wpuld be similarly incompetant and weak in regards to any action Putin took in regards to the Ukraine.
Ok...so you're argument is :

We should have stayed in Afghanistan to show Putin he shouldn't invade Ukraine.

That correct?
K2-HMFIC
CW Griswold said:

The data support no conclusions as yet. The absence of activity in the Pacific suggests this could be just an exercise.
Nice reference.

More obscure than the main ones.
light_bulb
AG
K2-HMFIC said:

light_bulb said:

K2-HMFIC said:

buzzardb267 said:

K2-HMFIC said:

buzzardb267 said:

K.

So you're saying the US shouldn't do anything for a democratic nation against an authoritarian one? No sending of arms, no economic sanctions?

Only when there is a good enough strategic interest to do so.

I don't know of anything that Ukraine brings to the table that would make us getting involved beneficial but can definitely be convinced.
K2-HMFIC
light_bulb said:

K2-HMFIC said:

light_bulb said:

K2-HMFIC said:

buzzardb267 said:

K2-HMFIC said:

buzzardb267 said:

K.

I don't know of anything that Ukraine brings to the table that would make us getting involved beneficial but can definitely be convinced.
K.

In your scenario of not doing anything w/Ukraine and letting the Russians roll them...how would China perceive that? Especially as it relates to Taiwan.

Also...how would our NATO Allies (Baltics, Poles, Nordics) perceive that as well?
Psycho Bunny
light_bulb
AG
K2-HMFIC said:

light_bulb said:

K2-HMFIC said:

light_bulb said:

K2-HMFIC said:

buzzardb267 said:

K2-HMFIC said:

buzzardb267 said:

K.

K.

In your scenario of not doing anything w/Ukraine and letting the Russians roll them...how would China perceive that? Especially as it relates to Taiwan.

Also...how would our NATO Allies (Baltics, Poles, Nordics) perceive that as well?

So perception looks bad.

Ok, so sanctions and arm up Ukraine. What happens if Russia steam rolls them anyways after all that effort?
Jayhawk
K2-HMFIC said:

light_bulb said:

K2-HMFIC said:

light_bulb said:

K2-HMFIC said:

buzzardb267 said:

K2-HMFIC said:

buzzardb267 said:

K.

K.

Taiwan is not Ukraine. Ukraine was governed from Moscow for the entire duration of our republic's life until 1991, it is not worth risking nuclear war to defend.

With respect to Taiwan, firstly as a purely military problem there is no comparison to Ukraine in terms of the feasibility of an effective defense. Ukraine is surrounded on three sides by a land border with the aggressor, who happens to be the largest country on earth (Belarus is essentially a tributary state at this point).

So long as a centralized Russian state exists, it is a military inevitability that Ukraine is likely to be subjugated by that state for the exact same reason that the American union was able to subjugate the southern states. The geography and pure logistics overwhelmingly favor the larger power. And, just like in our civil war, the only thing that could conceivably tip that balance to equilibrium or in favor of the Ukrainians is an enormous foreign military effort, which means war with Russia.

In the real world, the plucky little guy doesn't always win. In fact, historically, he usually gets brutally snuffed out of existence and absorbed into the larger power. Wise and judicious statesmanship is knowing when to use the power available to you to put your hand on the scale after measuring the cost, it is not wise to exhaust yourself in wars with near peers because they are "authoritarian" or because your perceived good guys are "democratic.' That is hubristic and will ensure the decline you probably are trying to prevent.
K2-HMFIC
light_bulb said:

K2-HMFIC said:

light_bulb said:

K2-HMFIC said:

light_bulb said:

K2-HMFIC said:

buzzardb267 said:

K2-HMFIC said:

buzzardb267 said:

K.

K.

So perception looks bad.

Ok, so sanctions and arm up Ukraine. What happens if Russia steam rolls them anyways after all that effort?

Isolate Russia, try to split their alliance with the PRC.
Ags4DaWin
K2-HMFIC said:

Ags4DaWin said:

K2-HMFIC said:

buzzardb267 said:

K2-HMFIC said:

buzzardb267 said:

Ok...so you're argument is :

We should have stayed in Afghanistan to show Putin he shouldn't invade Ukraine.

That correct?

never said that

i said Biden's administrative botching of the withdrawal in which americans, and weapons got irresponsibly and dangerously left behind showed Putin that Biden is utterly incapable of even the most basic military and foreign policy strategy.

a withdrawal could have been done in which those things did not happen and it could have easily been done

knowing this Putin can do whatever he wants knowing that Biden won't be able to formulate any sort of diplomatic or military response that would serve as an effective deterrent.
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/20/biden-abruptly-cancels-delaware-trip-after-top-level-calls-on-ukraine.html

Quote:

WASHINGTON -- President Joe Biden abruptly canceled plans on Sunday to go to his home in Delaware for the holiday following a four-hour meeting of his national security team to discuss the Russian threat to Ukraine.

The trip home was a last-minute addition to the president's schedule, announced on Sunday afternoon at 2:41 p.m. A little over an hour later, however, it was canceled.

It's unusual for a U.S. president's travel plans to change this quickly, especially plans that involve leaving Washington.

According to the White House, the president "had a family-related issue that was going to take him to Wilmington, DE, tonight but he will no longer be going and will remain in Washington, DC tonight."

Biden's schedule and his interaction with his national security team have taken on a new sense of urgency this weekend after the president said he believed Russian President Vladimir Putin had decided to carry out an attack on Ukraine "in the coming days."
Irish 2.0
****ing ****show. This administration is incompetent
ProgN
No argument from me.
Faustus
ItsA&InotA&M said:

light_bulb said:

No brothers, cousins, uncles or wives being sent to Ukraine to fight the Russian invasion? It seems like a pretty specific subset you have titling at the enemy.
First Page Last Page
Page 37 of 296

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.