Leftist 'The Atlantic' Predicts Civil War Coming (via Tim Pool)

6,208 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Azeew
TheEternalPessimist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LoudestWHOOP!
AG
They want to flood the streets for the FBI planned Riot this weekend in DC.
agdoc2001
AG
LoudestWHOOP! said:

They want to flood the streets for the FBI planned Riot this weekend in DC.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Romello

LOYAL AG
AG
Of course we'll win. We have all the guns.

Reminds me I haven't bought any ammo this month.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
titan
S

Given how bad this admin is, now think it more likely you may see a straight up forced resignation like with Nixon.

But if a CW2, another reason might win is haven't discarded the lessons of history because of a bunch of re-writing and erasures. And there is the lessons of the Middle East.
aggieforester05
AG
The left is beginning to recognize this, but are too stupid to realize that they are the aggressors. The division and hatred would mostly disappear if they backed off of their fascist tactics, propaganda, indoctrination, and anti-federalism. Just leave us the hell alone!
aggiepanic95
AG
you're *********right we'll win.
oh no
AG
aggieforester05 said:

The left is beginning to recognize this, but are too stupid to realize that they are the aggressors. The division and hatred would mostly disappear if they backed off of their fascist tactics, propaganda, indoctrination, and anti-federalism. Just leave us the hell alone!
Their supreme leaders aren't too stupid to realize it. It's been intentional. Marxists have to create the division and push their political opponents to the edge so they can justify federalizing local policing, federalizing all elections, federalizing health care, etc. Don't you realize how badly everyone NEEDS big brother to tell them what to do and how to think?
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Can we get L and R badges on Texags? It will make it easier to know who's on what side when the **** hits the fan.
M1Buckeye
I would support a breakup of the U.S. into a loose confederation wherein, hopefully, we can maintain a united military, a shared highway system, etc. The left can have its "America" where the government runs everything under the sun. The right can have its America where there is limited government.

Ultimately, I don't see that happening. The left will never permit it.

As for a civil war, I don't see that happening. The cost would be too great.

But, if there was going to be a civil war, I believe it would be a "war" of individuals launching lone wolf attacks. For instance, an individual could show up at a rally for a member of Congress and walk up and assassinate the Congressman (or woman). The same could be done to prominent media members who carry the water, so to speak.

Imagine if dozens of major figures of Congress and dozens more members of the media elite were getting gunned down. Imagine if FBI officers and offices were being attacked, not by an organized movement but, rather, individuals who acted on their own. Theoretically, such attacks could also be applied to the families of the elites. For instance, if a government/media elite is very difficult to get too, their family may be an easier target.

Essentially, it would make their lives a living Hell. A life that they cannot fully enjoy because death looms over them and their families. To make it stop, they would be forced to change various policies.

Obviously, such efforts would only be successful if thousands of individuals were prepared to give their lives in order to achieve any real results. I don't see "thousands" or even hundreds of people willing to do so. The government is corrupt and we realize a lower standard of living as a result, but is anyone going to do the aforementioned because of that? Nah, at least not in any real numbers.

Much on the right are Christians. True followers of Christ would not engage in such actions and that includes me. Now, if they started shipping us to concentration camps, that might change things.
Burnsey
AG
On noes!
Burnsey
AG
Burnsey said:

LOYAL AG said:

Lefties have guns too! But we have the good stuff and tons of ammo!
Burnsey
Signel
AG
Why have the fight if we can just agree to disagree and break up? We have fairly clear separation if you look at the voting maps.
ttu_85
LOYAL AG said:

Look I like your post but this is wrong. 10,000 AR's is not worth a gunship. Whoever has the US military wins this thing. If it splits geographically then its who has the tech and the industry-- even then it will take a year plus in adverse conditions to sort out supply chains assuming they will exist. Theeeeen there is the element of foreign intervention. Then ......

There are large red rural areas in blue states and big blue cities in red states- hello Atlanta, Dallas, Houston

Make no mistake this will be almost as disastrous as a demorat take over and rule, almost. If I have to choose. Ill go for the war. Nothing but terrible choices. We should have never let it get this far.
aggiehawg
AG
Anyone else remember the short lived TV series Jericho?

Plotline is HERE.

I laughed at the time because the timing was that W. would have been behind the attacks. I'm not laughing anymore.
M1Buckeye
ttu_85 said:

LOYAL AG said:

Look I like your post but this is wrong. 10,000 AR's is not worth a gunship. Whoever has the US military wins this thing. If it splits geographically then its who has the tech and the industry-- even then it will take a year plus in adverse conditions to sort out supply chains assuming they will exist. Theeeeen there is the element of foreign intervention. Then ......

There are large red rural areas in blue states and big blue cities in red states- hello Atlanta, Dallas, Houston

Make no mistake this will be almost as disastrous as a demorat take over and rule, almost. If I have to choose. Ill go for the war. Nothing but terrible choices. We should have never let it get this far.
If there is a civil war, it will not entail deployments of armies. Any organized plans to attack the government would be betrayed by NSA/FBI surveillance and it would get shut down and the planners would be arrested, tried, convicted, and incarcerated.

The most effective message would be to say "Patriots, you know what you have to do" and leave it at that. Then, adherents could then stage lone-wolf attacks on the political elites and the establishment class. It might be difficult to get to a particular politician or media elitist, but their children, grandchildren, etc., are another story.

But, again, neither myself nor, do I believe, Christian members of the right, would engage in such evil acts.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Can we get L and R badges on Texags? It will make it easier to know who's on what side when the **** hits the fan.

What if someone were moderate and mostly voted for Republicans for decades, but now is concerned with the direction Trump and his supporters are taking this country?
M1Buckeye
Tomas Hermensa said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

What if someone were moderate and mostly voted for Republicans for decades, but now is concerned with the direction Trump and his supporters are taking this country?
Anyone who claims to be a "moderate" is a liar because they refuse to call it like it is. A "moderate" is someone that wants to sit on the fence and be loved by both sides. W Bush, for instance, is a "moderate".
Cheetah01
AG
titan said:

Given how bad this admin is, now think it more likely you may see a straight up forced resignation like with Nixon.

But if a CW2, another reason might win is haven't discarded the lessons of history because of a bunch of re-writing and erasures. And there is the lessons of the Middle East.

I disagree with the idea that there could be a forced resignation. No mainstream media drumbeat to support like there was with Nixon.
Cheetah01
AG
aggiehawg said:

Plotline is HERE.

I laughed at the time because the timing was that W. would have been behind the attacks. I'm not laughing anymore.

Absolutely reminds me of that.
Muy
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

We already have a list
C@LAg
Muy said:

Ol_Ag_02 said:

We already have a list
you already have an L-badge after your name.
#Liberal
titan
S
Cheetah01 said:

titan said:

I disagree with the idea that there could be a forced resignation. No mainstream media drumbeat to support like there was with Nixon.

Maybe those offices need to be protested first. Left style.

Still think a massive enough series of marches in multiple states might bring it about.

Cheetah01
AG
Perhaps. I think an interesting concept would be for states to take very overt action to try to attract like minded to their state (ie Blue state conservatives & vice versa). This already happens under the surface by targeting industries and companies. Why not have Texas directly advertise in California? "Had enough? Move to Texas." Or vice versa in Texas advertise to libs saying, "Had enough? Move to California." Self selection would go a long way in de-escalating.
aggiehawg
AG
Cheetah01 said:

aggiehawg said:

Plotline is HERE.

When I went back and read the plotline of who was doing what to whom, then applied those to what is happening now, putting Texas in chaos with the border? Splitting our attention and forces?

I don't like conspiracy theories except when they turn out to be true.

Lord, I need another martini to shut my brain off, now.
Cheetah01
AG
aggiehawg said:

Cheetah01 said:

aggiehawg said:

Plotline is HERE.

When I went back and read the plotline of who was doing what to whom, then applied those to what is happening now, putting Texas in chaos with the border? Splitting our attention and forces?

I don't like conspiracy theories except when they turn out to be true.

Lord, I need another martini to shut my brain off, now.

General Milley seems like he would fit right into the plot.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
https://www.amazon.com/Rethinking-American-Union-Twenty-First-Century/dp/1589809572

Is the United States simply too big to govern? These essays begin the discussion.

In this thought-provoking collection, editor Donald Livingston presents seven essays addressing the modern paradigm of centralization. An outgrowth of the Abbeville Institute Scholars' Conference held in Charleston, South Carolina in February of 2010, this collection presents an exploration of state nullification, secession, and the human scale of political order. Scholars from a variety of backgrounds delve into such complex issues as nationalism, government by judiciary, the effects of size on the republican tradition, and natural progressions in rethinking nationalistic government.

By returning to original source materials, including the Constitution, the essayists clarify topics as diverse as the source of nationalism and influences of early political figures, the role of size in government, and the disintegration of the Soviet Union with parallels evident in the United States.

The essays provide clear evidence of the centralized government's ongoing power struggle with individual states. They offer concise justification for immediate action to preserve the sovereignty of member states while protecting all citizens from the ever-expanding federal government and restrictions on freedoms. As a collective, they provide a modern cautionary tale for the twenty-first century.
titan
S
Jarrin' Jay said:

https://www.amazon.com/Rethinking-American-Union-Twenty-First-Century/dp/1589809572

Is the United States simply too big to govern? These essays begin the discussion.

In this thought-provoking collection, editor Donald Livingston presents seven essays addressing the modern paradigm of centralization. An outgrowth of the Abbeville Institute Scholars' Conference held in Charleston, South Carolina in February of 2010, this collection presents an exploration of state nullification, secession, and the human scale of political order. Scholars from a variety of backgrounds delve into such complex issues as nationalism, government by judiciary, the effects of size on the republican tradition, and natural progressions in rethinking nationalistic government.

By returning to original source materials, including the Constitution, the essayists clarify topics as diverse as the source of nationalism and influences of early political figures, the role of size in government, and the disintegration of the Soviet Union with parallels evident in the United States.

The essays provide clear evidence of the centralized government's ongoing power struggle with individual states. They offer concise justification for immediate action to preserve the sovereignty of member states while protecting all citizens from the ever-expanding federal government and restrictions on freedoms. As a collective, they provide a modern cautionary tale for the twenty-first century.
Extremely interesting looking work. Just one comment for those aware. Doesn't that sound damn familiar? Hint: If Trump was Aurelian, are we eventually in the near future going to need a Diocletian and a series of sub Presidents/regions because the nation was too big and sprawling?

aggieforester05
AG
The problem with any kind of separation, is that even if you can get a 100% secure voting system, the urbanites breed like rabbits. Unless you can design a system that favors rural power, without leaving the urbanites feeling completely disenfranchised, they'll eventually get control and force their Marxist beliefs on the entire population. That will eventually be a problem in even the reddest parts of the country if they were to separate. Marxism and high population density will always be problematic and I'm not sure how we can defeat that cancerous ideology.
Ginormus Ag
AG
aggiehawg said:

Plotline is HERE.

That was my favorite show. Sucks how they ended it.
oysterbayAG
AG
There will be no hot Civil War. When the incompetent Democrats piss off enough people with their stupid economic and social programs causing serious disintegration of the standard of living, then there will be a serious re-alignment to conservatism , similar to 1980 when Ronald Reagan trounced Jimmy Carter and the Liberals all crawled back into the woodwork.
titan
S

You are correct if elections are genuine. Really wish any machines associated with the 2008-2020 period be disposed of and new simple ones with no connections or access ability designed.
LonghornDub
I'm betting the right has more and better guns than the left. I'm down to 4 handguns (.45 Colt Gold Cup, .38 special, .380 and a .22) 3 shotguns (Browning Light 12, Yildiz 12g O/U, Remington 20g pump), and 2 rifles (.22 Remington pump and .223 Colt AR-15). I do have a lot of ammunition.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.