A&M professor does not like your football, your Governor or your babies

21,861 Views | 190 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Squadron7
Squadron7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
"Fighter for social justice."

Didn't see that coming.
Squadron7
AG
Fightin TX Aggie said:

docaggie said:

If you'd scroll through her twitter timeline, you'd see why she's concerned.

Flame away, but she should probably be cut a little slack given her life situation. She has cancer - a bad one - and is immunocompromised as a result. She's concerned about getting COVID on top of that, that she won't be able to fight both. And she's right, getting COVID in her condition would be really bad. Take a minute to see life from her viewpoint, where she's vaccinated, masked, but could still potentially get a virus that would not be a cake walk for someone in her shoes.

Now, she's definitely on the liberal end of the spectrum, politically Would I be posting out there for twitter about masking a full stadium? No. But I can see where her fear is coming from.

Well, I might be with you if her entire twitter history was something other than one hard left shibboleth after another.

She is just tribing with her tribe.

Yup.

I thing the term is "preening".
BigRobSA
Tanya 93 said:

MaxPower said:

Fightin TX Aggie said:

Also, hyphenated last name. Gents, never marry a hyphenator.
I often wonder what the daughter of these people does. Do they get the hyphen name and, if so, what do they do when they get married and want to hyphenate? The double hyphen or arbitrarily drop one of the last names? Or take their husbands name because it's too much of a pain in the butt? Either way, seems the parent is selfishly putting them in a difficult spot.
I found it easier and less complicated to change my birth middle name to my maiden name,
And then use first middle and last for everything

So now it's Tanya Hitler (Surname)?
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Keegan99 said:

Here is the bigger problem:

Will she reassess her priors when her fears do not materialize?

That is what an actual scientist would do - correct the hypothesis.

Sadly, I fear she is not an actual scientist. Rather, she is a fear-paralyzed ideologue.
Idiocracy Narrator: "She would not reevaluate her priors."
BigRobSA
docaggie said:

Take a minute to see life from her viewpoint, where she's vaccinated, masked, but could still potentially get a virus that would not be a cake walk for someone in her shoes.

How? I thought the "vaccine" and masks worked?
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
TX04Aggie
AG
I just do not care at this point. And crying and being emotional on social media is bizarre. I just dont get it.
TAMU1990
AG
docaggie said:

Flame away, but she should probably be cut a little slack given her life situation. She has cancer - a bad one - and is immunocompromised as a result. She's concerned about getting COVID on top of that, that she won't be able to fight both. And she's right, getting COVID in her condition would be really bad. Take a minute to see life from her viewpoint, where she's vaccinated, masked, but could still potentially get a virus that would not be a cake walk for someone in her shoes.

Now, she's definitely on the liberal end of the spectrum, politically Would I be posting out there for twitter about masking a full stadium? No. But I can see where her fear is coming from.

Then maybe she needs a medical leave of absence until she can get in a better place mentally. She has no right to push her fears onto others.
TAMU1990
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

She lives in an $800,000 home.

Funny how the biggest beneficiaries of liberty and capitalism are the quickest to ***** about it.
That's a nice house in CS
cecil77
AG
So a 100,000 people are supposed to change their Saturday for her? How about she isolate herself, take a sabbatical, change careers, do whatever is necessary for her to take care of her - including any sacrifices along the way?

It may be because leftist tend to trust/desire governmental power to do everything for them, they expect it of individual humans as well.
mazag08
AG
Also, leftists lack faith in God. So all of their faith is in the self and the government. So when the self fails (which is often), they must turn fully to their god.. government. When the government fails, they go ballistic and tear down everything around them to match the world to their personal misery.
Tanya 93
BigRobSA said:

Tanya 93 said:

MaxPower said:

Fightin TX Aggie said:

I often wonder what the daughter of these people does. Do they get the hyphen name and, if so, what do they do when they get married and want to hyphenate? The double hyphen or arbitrarily drop one of the last names? Or take their husbands name because it's too much of a pain in the butt? Either way, seems the parent is selfishly putting them in a difficult spot.
I found it easier and less complicated to change my birth middle name to my maiden name,

So now it's Tanya Hitler (Surname)?
yes
encinoag
AG
Tanya 93 said:

MaxPower said:

Fightin TX Aggie said:

well......., that clears everything up, thanks! sometimes....
docaggie
AG
Look, I don't agree with her viewpoints. She obviously quite liberal.

I don't agree with the premise about masking a stadium full of people. Masking was a great concept back when this all started and we were told it was a droplet, meaning droplet precautions would've worked.

But it's not. It's an aerosol. Even the NIH, CDC, and WHO agree to that finally. It's borne out by the data on masking mandates and rates of infection. I've linked before a Wired article in which one of the leading aerosol scientists in the world discusses how those decisions were made and how the science over droplet vs aerosol was wrong. To me, masks aren't completely useless, but it sure seems like any masks below N95 are the equivalent of covering your mouth with your hand when you cough.

She needs to work remotely. She is vulnerable. She falls into the 5% of people that we are seeing in the ICU who are fully vaccinated, but immunocompromised. Someone else teaching without these risk factors who is vaccinated would be at risk of a mild to moderate course should they become infected.

I dunno, maybe I have a bit of sympathy for her in spite of her views because I've seen a lot of patients with her particular cancer.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
mazag08
AG
I have a lot of sympathy for her as a human being. Nobody should go through what she is going through. I hope she fully recovers and lives a long life.

I just hope she does it somewhere where her totalitarian views don't threaten me or my family.
Keegan99
AG
Excellent post.
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
Fightin TX Aggie said:

Nonregdrummer09 said:

Good lord.

I have to say, this comment is pretty sensible. Having dear, close friends is a significant asset in life.

Needing friends to cry in front of

docaggie
AG
mazag08 said:

I just hope she does it somewhere where her totalitarian views don't threaten me or my family.

That's the thing, she's not in any position of authority. She isn't the governor. She isn't the President of A&M. She isn't a legislator. She can't mandate masking, vaccinations, or even what toenail polish a student can wear.

The absolute most power she has is her one vote that she has as a citizen. That's it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jefe95
AG
Well that. And lecturing 100s of students a day to her worldview while they are at her mercy for academic success. But yes. Other than that, Ms Lincoln, how was the play?
Tanya 93
A_Gang_Ag_06 said:

Fightin TX Aggie said:

Nonregdrummer09 said:

Good lord.

I have to say, this comment is pretty sensible. Having dear, close friends is a significant asset in life.

When you have serious or terminal cancer, there is nothing wrong with that
Ol_Ag_02
AG
docaggie said:

Good lord doc. We teach our children to not take their problems out on others; i. e. don't ruin someone else's day because you slept wrong.

Actually, not sure why I'm surprised. Liberals are emotional children.
Buck Turgidson
Prexys Moon said:

I love the above tweets about yell practice and the game on Saturday. I knew that liberals were losing their mind seeing those two events. It's fun to see a real one and her actual responses.

What a miserable way to live. I think the foundation of leftism in this country is a bunch of miserable people who want everybody to be as miserable as them.

That's exactly what it is.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Tanya 93 said:

A_Gang_Ag_06 said:

Fightin TX Aggie said:

Nonregdrummer09 said:

Good lord.

When you have serious or terminal cancer, there is nothing wrong with that
Honestly, the need for great friends doesn't require terminal cancer.

In fact, the Clint Eastwood character from that movie ended up sacrificing his own life for friends. Tragedy finds all of us. We all need close community.
EnviroAg96
AG
She could wear an N-95 mask, properly fit tested per 29 CFR 1910.134, change it out daily (disposed of properly as infectious medical waste per 30 TAC of course) and pretty much guarantee her exposure risk is reduced to as low as reasonably practicable. If she really cared, that's what she would do.

But she won't, because her only defense, apparently, is to force everyone else to wear something not designed or fitted to any consensus standard that has the same effectiveness as generic cough and sneeze hygiene.
cecil77
AG
Quote:

Masking was a great concept back when this all started and we were told it was a droplet, meaning droplet precautions would've worked.

Nope, not even for droplets, as anything entrapped in those droplets don't magically disappear. Masking for droplets it identical to sneezing into a tissue, with the difference that you discard a tissue and don't strap it to your face and blow through it until the droplet has evaporated and anything entrapped is now free...
captkirk
AG
Sid Farkas said:

no doubt she's been alerted about this thread
Her Her twitter is now set to private
hihozippo
AG
Maybe this is why masks were mandated at the Vet School today? No cloth masks, N95 preferred, surgical masks ok. Starts 6am tomorrow morning.
Post removed:
by user
Tailgate88
AG
captkirk said:

Sid Farkas said:

no doubt she's been alerted about this thread
Her Her twitter is now set to private
I see what you did there.
cecil77
AG
hihozippo said:

Maybe this is why masks were mandated at the Vet School today? No cloth masks, N95 preferred, surgical masks ok. Starts 6am tomorrow morning.
How can they get around state agency prohibition? Because medical or something?
Tanya 93
cecil77 said:

hihozippo said:

I read that state hospitals, long term care state facilities, and correctional facilities are not prohibited from mandating them
cecil77
AG
That tracks with the NEJM comprehensive literature analysis they releases April 2020. The ONLY benefit they could find was that of reassurance (i.e. a binky) for medical facility workers.
docaggie
AG
This is true... but for people facilities. I didn't think vet medicine applied?
Are greenhouses next?
Tanya 93
cecil77 said:

That tracks with the NEJM comprehensive literature analysis they releases April 2020. The ONLY benefit they could find was that of reassurance (i.e. a binky) for medical facility workers.

It came from this

https://www.npr.org/2021/05/18/997990835/no-masks-are-required-at-most-texas-state-facilities-anymore

which was in May
Tanya 93
docaggie said:

This is true... but for people facilities. I didn't think vet medicine applied?
Are greenhouses next?
I have no idea if vet hospitals apply

I was just saying what I read
I can see the stretch if people want to push it
hihozippo
AG
cecil77 said:

hihozippo said:

That is what I'm wondering.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.