San Francisco DA Defends Walgreen's Shoplifter

4,672 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Kozmozag
UTExan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

San Francisco's district attorney spoke out in apparent defense of a 'prolific' shoplifter who was filmed brazenly robbing a Walgreens store amid fierce criticism of the city's crime policies.

Chesa Boudin, district attorney since 2019, was asked about a viral video from June 19 showing the thief man heaping armfuls of Walgreens products into a trash bag, then riding his bike through the store with the stolen goods while the security guard and bystanders looked on.
-------

The suspect, Jean Lugo-Romero, 40, was arrested on June 19 and remains in jail.

He had previously robbed the same store on May 29, 30, 31 and June 1, but Walgreens declined to prosecute, Boudin said.

'When I watch that video, I think about five questions that people are not asking that I think they should,' Boudin told the New Yorker.

'Is he drug addicted, mentally ill, desperate? Is he part of a major retail fencing operation?

'What's driving this behavior and is it in any way representative, because it was presented as something symptomatic?'

Well, Chesa, he could just be a kleptomaniac who needs the intervention of your now dysfunctional (but very, very expensive) justice system.

Quote:

If Walgreens has insurance for certain goods or they expect a certain amount of loss, if they would rather not risk lawsuits or escalation to violence - then maybe that's something we should know about,' said Boudin.

He told the magazine that the police make arrests in just two-and-a-half per cent of reported thefts.

'Maybe that's a good thing - maybe that means they're prioritizing murders,' Boudin said.

'But when this particular individual was arrested, and we got the full police history, it turned out that he had been detained by the police previously after another Walgreens incident, and they didn't arrest him because Walgreens had said they did not want to press charges in that prior case.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9841295/Ultra-woke-San-Francisco-DA-says-shoplifter-infamous-Walgreens-video-desperate.html

The DA seems unaware that brazen criminal activity of one type is often accompanied by other criminal acts.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Rapier108
The San Andreas Fault could easily solve all of the problems related to San Francisco.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
BlueSmoke
Let them burn. Let that whole city reap what it has sown. I hope all the major retailers pull out and cite this precedent as the reason.
Nobody cares. Work Harder
TRADUCTOR
FYI Austin DA has a 24 hr response team to drop charges on criminals. Like up to 700 been released on their merry way with zero repercussions.
Old Sarge
AG
Rapier108 said:

The San Andreas Fault could easily solve all of the problems related to San Francisco.

Build a giant wall around San Fransisco taller than any building, fill it water, then trigger the fault to open up, sucking everything down with the water. Just like flushing a big ass toilet. But please, let Nancy Pelosi be home when it happens.
Buford T. Justice
AG
The DA purge and replace campaign that took place in the recent past elections was a brilliant strategy by the very wealthy individuals that are calling the shots behind the scenes. Very brilliant indeed. They are getting what they wanted.

Houston's murder rate is through the roof, and yep, you guessed it, many have been committed by convicted criminals that were released by DA's like Ms. Boudin.
chimpanzee
Violence, murder, taking others' property, etc. is merely a symptom of something that politicians always wanted to address with taxpayer money. That's convenient.

Enjoy it San Francisco, this is what you want.
deddog
AG
I LOVE this DA.
He is exactly what the people of San Francisco deserve
Ellis Wyatt
This is what a godless bureaucrat sounds like. He'd probably have you arrested if you told him you were praying for him.
Burrus86
AG
I like when these Commiefornia DAs point to their falling felony robbery statistics as evidence that their plan is working. The state raised the felony threshold to $950 for shoplifting. That is why Mr. Romero keeps going back to the same place over and over and over. These statistics are hilarious when taken at face value.
richardag
chimpanzee said:

Violence, murder, taking others' property, etc. is merely a symptom of something that politicians always wanted to address with taxpayer money. That's convenient.

Problem is it is coming to almost all major urban centers, Dallas, Houston, Austin to name a few.
The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, npublic debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome become bankrupt.
People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.
-- Cicero, 55 B.C.
Dacoldest
Chesa is an explicit communist
samurai_science
richardag said:

chimpanzee said:

Problem is it is coming to almost all major urban centers, Dallas, Houston, Austin to name a few.
Yes, leftist get what they vote for
annie88
AG
We know why he's saying this. My question though is if they did this to his very own home would he feel the same. We are just in a place of bizarre right now based on your color it's OK for some people to steal.
UTExan
Buford T. Justice said:

The DA purge and replace campaign that took place in the recent past elections was a brilliant strategy by the very wealthy individuals that are calling the shots behind the scenes. Very brilliant indeed. They are getting what they wanted.

Houston's murder rate is through the roof, and yep, you guessed it, many have been committed by convicted criminals that were released by DA's like Ms. Boudin.

This is at the heart of America's crime surge. Even The Atlantic noted it was killing Democrats politically (and literally, IMHO). While many of us relegate conspiracy theories to the junk heap, it is telling that the wealth of those who profited by capitalism and free markets are so engaged in the overthrow of democratic systems and replacement of it by an authoritarian system where people are neither free to choose what they believe nor how to live.

I found this video by an occult society researcher (University of Idaho history professor Dr, Richard Spence) to be very informative regarding the survival of Illuminati ideas and derivative societies over the centuries. Not certain I buy into the conspiracy notions of a few wealthy people yet, but the evidence is pretty strong that your assumptions are correct.

It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
UTExan
annie88 said:

We know why she saying this. My question though is if they did this to her very own home would she feel the same. We are just in a place of bizarre right now based on your color it's OK for some people to steal.
TBH, Annie, Chesa is a male. For now.
annie88
AG
UTExan said:

annie88 said:

We know why she saying this. My question though is if they did this to her very own home would she feel the same. We are just in a place of bizarre right now based on your color it's OK for some people to steal.

Okay, he then.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Such a liberal utopia.
91AggieLawyer
AG
annie88 said:

We know why he's saying this. My question though is if they did this to his very own home would he feel the same. We are just in a place of bizarre right now based on your color it's OK for some people to steal.

Of course not. But who wants to be the first one to test that theory and run up against armed security, probably paid for with public funds?

Keep in mind: that is a "crime" that WILL be prosecuted. See St. Louis. To the left, "criminal law" exists to serve a purpose. As of late, it seems to, like other things, help them gain and retain power. Its never been about what it is to you and me.
zephyr88
AG
typical beta-liberal male...
ABATTBQ11
AG
Well I hope they're not prioritizing murders because that means a **** ton of people are getting murdered.

Chesa must translate to dumbass in some language...
Romello
Just another way of redistributing wealth. Actually paying customers will take care of it.
Sully Dog
BlueSmoke said:

Let them burn. Let that whole city reap what it has sown. I hope all the major retailers pull out and cite this precedent as the reason.
Except these idiots are bailing and bringing their bad ideas to our states.
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
kb2001
AG
Chesa was raised by communist parents, and he is a communist himself, he has made this well known. He is a prime example of why DA elections are so important. All the laws in the world don't matter when the DA chooses not to indict people of the same political ideology, and to harass people of a differing one.

With the increase in leftist DAs across the country, we have found the weak spot in our justice system, unequal application of he law. Though we can fight it in court, a criminal defense and bringing a lawsuit against the DA to seek redress are things that most people cannot afford to do.
Cassius
Rapier108 said:

Let's hope.
Sully Dog
Cassius said:

Rapier108 said:

Let's hope.
It wont happen. The fault wont actually let it slip off into the ocean.
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
Cassius
Sully Dog said:

Cassius said:

Rapier108 said:

Let's hope.
It wont happen. The fault wont actually let it slip off into the ocean.

Yes, but if big enough....
titan
S

National Democrats tend to be pro crime, this is a matter of record.

BlueSmoke's idea of all the retailers pulling out could indeed be the most effective and memorable response, and might send a message nation-wide.
SW AG80
AG
Walmart has already closed at least one store in Dallas because the new Dallas DA will not prosecute theft cases under $900. I believe that is the threshold he has set.
CSTXAg92
AG
Rapier108 said:

#Boy&DogPraying gif
APHIS AG
Buford T. Justice said:

And his name is Soros. Current SA DA received $900,000 donation from him.
nortex97
AG
deddog said:

I LOVE this DA.
You are on to something.

JonSnow
nortex97 said:

deddog said:

I LOVE this DA.
You are on to something.

His book San Fransicko should be required reading.
EX TEXASEX
UTExan said:

annie88 said:

The ******* son of TWO TERRORIST. Something something reaping what you sew San Francisco
West Point Aggie
AG
This exactly was SF voted for and fully deserves. I hope businesses leave in droves…they've earned it!
Let’s Go Brandon!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.