The reason we should not be concerned about inflation

102,525 Views | 899 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by LMCane
Señor Chang
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Possibly the dumbest thing ever posted on texags.

Quote:

Another reason we should not be concerned by the massive spending is that $1 in government spending = greater than $1 in gdp growth.
Gdp growth = 1/ the propensity to save
The propensity to save is currently ~ 20%
Therefore every dollar spent today grows our gdp tomorrow by $5

This $5 of gdp growth then increases tax revenue by $5.
This increase in tax revenue is used to service the debt.

Basically, we can spend as much as we want with little to zero negative consequences. Long term inflation is not on the way.
ProgN
Señor Chang said:

Possibly the dumbest thing ever posted on texags.

Quote:

Another reason we should not be concerned by the massive spending is that $1 in government spending = greater than $1 in gdp growth.

Basically, we can spend as much as we want with little to zero negative consequences. Long term inflation is not on the way.

Reporter on CNBC today said that the debt service (interest) paid in February was 73 billion, up 67% YoY. That is just the f'ing interest for a month and it's only increasing. I wonder if Mr. Wizard considers a total collapse of our Dollar a 'zero negative consequence'.
Redstone
AG
These 2 threads (yes! OP started his quite unbelievable threads, copied and pasted, multiple times!) have been amazing for my Star count. All who Starrred are deeply appreciated.

However, I did not do this alone. There were two other factors, aside from my own analysis (100% accurate analysis, by the way):

- the rather …. unique opinions of the OP - including at least 1 ttt (it's true, its damn true)
- the BLAZINGLY OBVIOUS reality of this atrocious situation of gigantic and persistent inflation
nortex97
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

Good lord. I wouldn't hire OP as an unpaid intern.
Good call.
Mongolian Christmas
OP tried to carry the water but spilled it all over himself.
nortex97
AG
Higher than Carter's 18 percent. Wow.

And the guy is supposedly trying to run for re-election.
CDUB98
AG
So much propaganda in today's inflation numbers.
DrEvazanPhD
This OP may be dumber than the Two Teas theory
Ghost Mech

Quote:

Treasury secretary concedes she was wrong on 'path that inflation would take'

US Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen admitted Tuesday that she had failed to anticipate how long high inflation would continue to plague American consumers as the Biden administration works to contain a mounting political liability.

"I think I was wrong then about the path that inflation would take," Yellen told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on "The Situation Room" when asked about her comments from 2021 that inflation posed only a "small risk."

The admission was the latest indication that the administration's expectations of a normalizing economy were thrown into disarray by the continuing pandemic and the war in Europe.

"As I mentioned, there have been unanticipated and large shocks to the economy that have boosted energy and food prices and supply bottlenecks that have affected our economy badly that I didn't at the time didn't fully understand, but we recognize that now," she said.

Yellen and other White House officials once framed inflation as a temporary side effect of the economy returning to normal following the pandemic, pointing to snags in supply chains and demand outstripping supply.

Yet months later, inflation is running at a near-four-decade high.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/31/politics/treasury-secretary-janet-yellen-inflation-cnntv/index.html
[url=https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/31/politics/treasury-secretary-janet-yellen-inflation-cnntv/index.html][/url]
https://www.foxbusiness.com/video/6348830870112

OP - IF GRANDMA YELLEN CAN ADMIT SHE WAS WRONG, SO CAN YOU........
Madman
AG
Mongolian Christmas said:

OP tried to carry the water but spilled it all over himself.
That wasn't water.
txaggie_08
AG
Oldag2020 said:

Bump

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/12/13/fed-lowers-inflation-forecast-for-2024-seeing-core-pce-falling-to-2point4percent.html

LMCane
this never gets old!!!

welcome to the 1970s and the malaise of Jimmy Carter- all that is old is new again!
Logos Stick
One of the greatest threads ever! Thanks for the bump!
Fenrir
txaggie_08 said:

Oldag2020 said:

Bump

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/12/13/fed-lowers-inflation-forecast-for-2024-seeing-core-pce-falling-to-2point4percent.html

https://tenor.com/view/clown-gif-23405913

With 9 months of reporting left for the year, O/U on number of months that manage to get into the sub 3 percent range...let's set it at 2.
ProgN
ProgN said:

Oldag2020 said:

Bump

Just wow! You actually bumped a thread almost 3 years later that made you look even more foolish? I seriously doubt anyone that can walk upright would think that almost 3 years equals "transitory" with regard to anything.

Ok, please opine on this Mr. Wizard. Why are grocery prices crippling the middle and lower class? Why are corporations providing negative forward guidance and announcing layoffs? Why are credit card and auto loan delinquencies rapidly rising? Why are rental rates in crappy apartments equal or higher than a starter home mortgage from just a few years back? Why are countries dumping our debt instead of buying it? Why are credit agencies putting us on notice before they downgrade our credit rating?

Your OP said to not worry about our out of control spending and we'd have Skittles in every bowl and unicorn rainbow fart scented candles.

You'd have been better to just let this embarrassing thread die, but no, you couldn't live with your own failure. I'm confident that you're the most intelligent barista at your Starbucks, but F16 is not the place to shovel your bull*****

CPI inflation March 2024: Consumer prices rose 3.5% from a year ago in March (cnbc.com)
Quote:

The consumer price index accelerated at a faster than expected pace in March, pushing inflation higher and likely dashing hopes that Federal Reserve will be able to cut interest rates anytime soon.

The CPI, a broad measure of goods and services costs across the economy, rose 0.4% for the month, putting the 12-month inflation rate at 3.5%, or 0.3 percentage point higher than in February, the Labor Department's Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Wednesday. Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had been looking for a 0.3% gain and a 3.4% year-over-year level.

Excluding volatile food and energy components, core CPI also accelerated 0.4% on a monthly basis while rising 3.8% from a year ago, compared to respective estimates for 0.3% and 3.7%.
Quote:

Stock market futures slumped following the report while Treasury yields spiked higher.
Shelter and energy costs drove the increase on the all-items index.
Energy rose 1.1% after increasing 2.3% in February, while shelter costs, which make up about one-third of the weighting in the CPI, were higher by 0.4% on the month and up 5.7% from a year ago. Expectations for shelter-related costs to decelerate through the year have been central to the Fed's thesis that inflation will cool enough to allow for interest rate cuts.
Food prices increased just 0.1% on the month and were up 2.2% on a year-over-year basis. There were some big gains within the food category, however.

The measure for meat, fish, poultry and eggs climbed 0.9%, pushed by a 4.6% jump in egg prices. Butter fell 5% and cereal and bakery products declined by 0.9%. Food away from home increased 0.3%.

Help us OldAg2020wan, you are our only hope!

Also, debt service for the last 6 months just topped $500 billion. I thought you promised that we can continue to spend as much as we want without worry.

Please tell us that 'transitory' is almost over!

TexasAggiesWin
S
LMCane
we are all laughing at higher inflation

but look what is happening with the yield curve for more than a year now of inversion

look at gold going parabolic when rates are super high rather than the normal converse

look at the market now shuddering the last few weeks and massive drop this morning

underneath the hood things are in very bad shape.
Señor Chang
AG
Oldag2020 said:

Be sure to allocate portfolios accordingly.
I can picture the OP putting on his clown shoes and rainbow wig before he sat down at his computer to type this out. The scary thing is that "smart" liberals really believe this is true.
Redstone
AG
Within the last hour I have been to Wa-Mart (disinfectant wipes) and Chick-fil-a (chicken biscuit combo + bacon, cheese).

Anyone want to relay their own experiences with these essential items?

The answer is prices are UP.
nortex97
AG
Everything is fine.

I have read $83K per second is the current spend rate.
CDUB98
AG
Food, silver, lead.

Be ready.
ProgN

We started on the 4th year as of today, it sure seems like this 'transitory' is taking longer than expected.
Ellis Wyatt
Where did the idiot go? Or is he just a liar?

I'm betting he works for the federal government or an NGO.
AggieMD95
AG
Oldag2020 said:

Demand is temporarily outpacing our production(supply). Due to covid shut downs and supply chain disruptions. Ex. Lumber prices were inflated, now they are correcting themselves.

Once our supply chains are back up to full capacity, the added demand created by the stimulus will not cause long lasting inflation.

Our productive capacity is so high, in fact, I believe our biggest fear should be deflation, not inflation. Our productivity growth is not disappearing any time soon. The inputs to production are 1. Technological advancements and 2. Increase in labor force. Our computing power doubles every 18 months. Clearly this growth will not disappear.

It's no accident that we have continued to spend more and more throughout the last several decades with little to zero long term negative consequences.

In fact, the fed has struggled the last decade to maintain their inflation level goal of 2%. This even Despite massive spending in 2008 and artificially low interest rates.

Be sure to allocate portfolios accordingly.

Haha this aged well
AggieVictor10
AG
Bull*****

We are ****ed.

FJB
The D
AG
This is up there with the 2 teas post. Well done OP
oldcrow91
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

This OP may be dumber than the Two Teas theory

Sad part is OP and the transitory inflation FED were pretty much on the same page.
DrEvazanPhD
I wonder who the 15 who starred the OP were
BadMoonRisin
AG
A lot of us knew that there would be massive inflation when they were first talking about stimulus checks...

Completely stupid reaction to a weak ass cold virus.
CDUB98
AG
I love seeing the new faces see this absolute stanky turd of a post for the first time.
Heineken-Ashi
Ags4DaWin said:

Everyone said that about this sort of monetary policy.

And then Greece happened. Remember that?

We have been sheltered because the dollar has been the reserve currency for so long.

When interest payments on government debt are so large we are struggling to borrow to cover them- which is around the corner.
When our adversaries overseas find it advantageous to follow through on threats of conducting oil transactions in other currencies.
When oil is no longer in as high demand because of EV's that tying oil value to the dollar is not as meaningful.

Things will shift quickly.

How many of these factors are already in motion?

Well, we're there. Except nobody wants EV's. Other than that, this post was nails.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
DonHenley
AG
This aged like milk left out in the sun
Ghost Mech
Ellis Wyatt said:

Where did the idiot go? Or is he just a liar?

I'm betting he works for the federal government or an NGO.

I always assumed he was 2-3 years out of school with an accounting degree working as a "Certified Financial Planner" at an Edward Jones office in a small town and just finished a training session on inflation before posting this garbage.

oh no
AG
the blue star ratios on page 1 replies vs OP are hilarious.
Logos Stick
DrEvazanPhD said:

I wonder who the 15 who starred the OP were

I could accurately name 10 of them off the top but I'd get banned.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.