The reason we should not be concerned about inflation

102,540 Views | 899 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by LMCane
nu awlins ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nitro Power said:

As OP said, we can spend without consequence. It definitely will not cause long term inflation. Good grief this kid??? has a lot of life lessons in front of him (or her).

Absolutely terrible post. Wish the poster would come back and own it.

That is a typical liberal response. Apparently he majored in English or African/Indian/Native/Asian Studies. These types are currently leading our country.
Central Committee
AG
Give them 5 years. The MMT acolytes and Keynesians will be back saying 'if we just tweak the approach a little we promise it will work this time.'

Like communists they never learn. It never works except over ver short time horizons of two years or less.
We may not always get what we want. We may not always get what we need. Just so we don't get what we deserve.
Daddy
AG
nu awlins ag said:

Nitro Power said:

As OP said, we can spend without consequence. It definitely will not cause long term inflation. Good grief this kid??? has a lot of life lessons in front of him (or her).

Absolutely terrible post. Wish the poster would come back and own it.

That is a typical liberal response. Apparently he majored in English or African/Indian/Native/Asian Studies. These types are currently leading our country.

Economics is in the school of liberal arts
The Orangeman Returns with Thunder
Redstone
AG
40 billion to the main weigh station of international corruption.

Just print it! What could happen?

zero for you, peasant
M4 Benelli
The same s stains who wrung their hands in poop clenched cacophony over everything that the MSM salaciously accused Trump of, are mighty quiet about their boy who is tangibly carrying them from the penthouse to the outhouse in all of one year's time. Cant put a pillow over production's face and expect a thriving citizenry.

Same smurf brains who cashed their stimmies with glee, now clench their teeth every time they swipe their CC. Transitory Serfdom.
Redstone
AG
Demosthenes81
AG
M4 Benelli said:

The same s stains who wrung their hands in poop clenched cacophony over everything that the MSM salaciously accused Trump of, are mighty quiet about their boy who is tangibly carrying them from the penthouse to the outhouse in all of one year's time. Cant put a pillow over production's face and expect a thriving citizenry.

Same smurf brains who cashed their stimmies with glee, now clench their teeth every time they swipe their CC. Transitory Serfdom.
I agree with everything you say, and if I may paraphrase Blazzing Saddles:

Quote:

you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar *****
Seven and three are ten, not only now, but forever. There has never been a time when seven and three were not ten, nor will there ever be a time when they are not ten. Therefore, I have said that the truth of number is incorruptible and common to all who think. — St. Augustine
1872walker
itsyourboypookie
DallasAg 94
aggiedata
AG
OldAg2020 last seen:

9:19PM 3/13/22
Redstone
AG
Anyone else notice that literally everything is more expensive?
It's not just TX gasoline approaching $4.50.
It's not just my #20 Whataburger breakfast increasing 25%+ in less than 2 years.
It's not just my wife angry at the cost of a gallon of milk.
LITERALLY EVERYTHING.

How could some deny the extremely obvious trends these past few years?
YouBet
AG
Cross posting:

Just got off a conference call with Goldman Sachs giving clients their periodic economic and Ukraine update.

Their take on inflation is that it will moderate by year end back down to 4.3% due to normalization of supply chain constrained goods. Never mind that right before their economic update that two geopolitical experts said that the food shortage is going to get worse before it gets better and NATO may have to get involved to get food moving again in the rest of the world.

GS seems like a clown world outfit with their inflation takes. Repeatedly wrong for last 2 years. I've been pretty embarrassed for them. I hope to eat crow on this but I don't think I will.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
YouBet said:

Cross posting:

Just got off a conference call with Goldman Sachs giving clients their periodic economic and Ukraine update.

Their take on inflation is that it will moderate by year end back down to 4.3% due to normalization of supply chain constrained goods. Never mind that right before their economic update that two geopolitical experts said that the food shortage is going to get worse before it gets better and NATO may have to get involved to get food moving again in the rest of the world.

GS seems like a clown world outfit with their inflation takes. Repeatedly wrong for last 2 years. I've been pretty embarrassed for them. I hope to eat crow on this but I don't think I will.

Hey, they already have the Biden Administration answer given to them. "Since we said that, there have been a lot of changes."

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
combat wombat™
AG
OP didn't age well.
Redstone
AG

TRADUCTOR
"Basically, we can spend as much as we want with little to zero negative consequences. Long term inflation is not on the way.

Be sure to allocate portfolios accordingly."

lol...again.
ProgN
Yellen says the administration is fighting inflation, admits she was wrong that it was 'transitory' (cnbc.com)

Quote:

Both Powell and Yellen spent much of 2021 saying inflation was "transitory" and likely to abate once Covid pandemic-specific factors such as supply chain problems and outsized demand for goods over services returned to normal.

In a separate interview Tuesday, Yellen admitted she was wrong.

"I think I was wrong then about the path that inflation would take," she told CNN's Wolf Blitzer. "There have been unanticipated and large shocks that have boosted energy and food prices, and supply bottlenecks that have affected our economy badly that I ... at the time, didn't fully understand."

In the CNBC interview, Yellen said a spending package "could very well have reductions on the costs of prescription drugs that would make a difference to every family that has drug costs as part of its household budget."

While she said that "could make a difference very quickly," most of the administration's plans likely would take longer to filter through the economy.
1) She and everyone in the Biteme administration is an economic moron.
2) Dems pledge to destroy domestic O&G industry is THE "unanticipated shock" that is ****ing us.
3) Only MMT dumbasses would propose more spending to lower costs would be prudent.

If you voted for this, please bang your head into a brick wall, HARD!
Redstone
AG
Oh wow, who would have ever predicted that running the printing presses non-stop would ever impact inflation.

Only anyone with a functional brain.
BQ78
AG
Wow, OP's original post aged about as well as Biden's brain.
Redstone
AG
While we send 40 Billion PLUS to Ukraine to be stolen in one of the most corrupt places on the planet (yes, literally), why don't you just eat these massive price increases, peasant
YouBet
AG
ProgN said:

Yellen says the administration is fighting inflation, admits she was wrong that it was 'transitory' (cnbc.com)

Quote:

Both Powell and Yellen spent much of 2021 saying inflation was "transitory" and likely to abate once Covid pandemic-specific factors such as supply chain problems and outsized demand for goods over services returned to normal.

In a separate interview Tuesday, Yellen admitted she was wrong.

"I think I was wrong then about the path that inflation would take," she told CNN's Wolf Blitzer. "There have been unanticipated and large shocks that have boosted energy and food prices, and supply bottlenecks that have affected our economy badly that I ... at the time, didn't fully understand."

In the CNBC interview, Yellen said a spending package "could very well have reductions on the costs of prescription drugs that would make a difference to every family that has drug costs as part of its household budget."

While she said that "could make a difference very quickly," most of the administration's plans likely would take longer to filter through the economy.
1) She and everyone in the Biteme administration is an economic moron.
2) Dems pledge to destroy domestic O&G industry is THE "unanticipated shock" that is ****ing us.
3) Only MMT dumbasses would propose more spending to lower costs would be prudent.

If you voted for this, please bang your head into a brick wall, HARD!
She's a global leftist therefore she's an economic f'ing dumbass and a traitor. The proof is in her very statement.

She did not anticipate inflation? So she doesn't understand the basic definition of it when she was a key player in making that happen?

And then doubles down on what causes inflation by immediately stating that more spending will help?

F'ing dumbass.
LMCane
Consumers should prepare for a "cruel summer," with gas inventories at the lowest seasonal levels since 2019 as the summer driving season heats up, Natasha Kaneva, JPMorgan head of global commodities strategy, said last week.

She predicted the national average for regular unleaded would climb to $6.20 per gallon by Labor Day.
LMCane
itsyourboypookie said:

twenty years ago the general knowledge was that one needed at least ONE MILLION DOLLARS to retire comfortably.

that was 20 years ago, before Bidenflation.

anyone that thinks 300K can provide a quality of life for 20 years of retirement is insane.
jac4
AG
BQ78 said:

Originally, I thought OP was Lot Y. Now I'm thinking OP is Janet Yellen.
AlaskanAg99
AG
jac4 said:

BQ78 said:

Originally, I thought OP was Lot Y. Now I'm thinking OP is Janet Yellen.
And we're all going to need KY to get through this. Can't afford it? Well, it's just going to be rougher to get through.

Lot Y + JY = KY

Marcus Brutus
Quote:

lol wut?

we have inflation and need more spending?

She's brainless!
Marcus Brutus
LMCane said:

itsyourboypookie said:

twenty years ago the general knowledge was that one needed at least ONE MILLION DOLLARS to retire comfortably.

that was 20 years ago, before Bidenflation.

anyone that thinks 300K can provide a quality of life for 20 years of retirement is insane.

what is the number now?
Ghost Mech
May 2022 CPI data are scheduled to be released on June 10, 2022, at 8:30 A.M. Eastern Time.

Anyone want to bet it comes in below 8.3%?

I am certain it will (not because they solved the inflation problem, simply because this admin lies about everything).

Who's willing to take the opposite?
aTmAg
AG
MuchosPollos said:

May 2022 CPI data are scheduled to be released on June 10, 2022, at 8:30 A.M. Eastern Time.

I am certain it will (not because they solved the inflation problem, simply because this admin lies about everything).

The Fed claimed that the end of last quarter would be the peak. So they have LOTS of interest in making sure that is true.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Yeah, because energy and food prices are continuing to climb...of course inflation will go down when two major sectors are climbing.
YouBet
AG
MuchosPollos said:

I've already seen some headlines trickling in this week that inflation is lower.
Ghost Mech

Quote:

I've already seen some headlines trickling in this week that inflation is lower.
when you crush the stock market over a period of two weeks, raise home lending rates which leads to falling home prices and allow gas and food prices to rise to all time highs, it tends to cause people to reduce their spending.

Nothing goes up in a straight line, inflation is going to fall (IMO) then find a floor and bounce back up.

ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/10/consumer-price-index-may-2022.html

Quote:

Inflation rose 8.6% in May, highest since 1981

The consumer price index for May was expected to increase 8.3% from a year ago, according to Dow Jones estimates.

The consumer price index, a wide-ranging measure of goods and services prices, increased even more than the 8.3% Dow Jones estimate. Excluding volatile food and energy prices, so-called core CPI was up 6%, slightly higher than the 5.9% estimate.

On a monthly basis, headline CPI was up 1% while core rose 0.6%, compared to respective estimates of 0.7% and 0.5%.

Well, you started this thread a year ago next week, you still believe inflation is transitory chief?
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
*US May Consumer Prices +1%; Consensus +0.7%

*US May CPI Ex-Food & Energy +0.6%; Consensus +0.5%

*US May Consumer Prices Increase 8.6% From Year Earlier; Core CPI Up 6% Over Year

*US May CPI Energy Prices +3.9%; Food Prices +1.2%

*US Real Average Weekly Earnings -0.7% In May

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.