The reason we should not be concerned about inflation

102,788 Views | 899 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by LMCane
Señor Chang
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Unleaded is over $3/gal in San Antonio now. Could OP please come back to let me know when the Federal Reserve is going to fix this?

Here's another gem by the OP:

Quote:

Oldag2020
8:50p, 9/13/21

I'm amazed that some of you believe you are smarter than the fed. It's mind blowing.

The article says the 4% is based on consumer expeditions. Basically all of the doomsayers believe inflation is 4%. It's completely detached from reality.

A better metric is that the market is pricing inflation at 2.5%. That's only .5% above the feds target, and is hardly something to be concerned by.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3226860/replies/60165485
CDUB98
AG
The free market may start raising rates on their own this time without the Fed rate going up.
Clob94
AustinAg008 said:

Only fix now is to raise rates and drive this SOB into a recession.
It won't end there. It will sink right into a depression.
ProgN
Clob94 said:

AustinAg008 said:

China attacks Taiwan, we will go into a depression because we, and the world, are too dependent on the chips produced there.
CDUB98
AG
Conservatives claimed Obama's Fed monetary policies would drive us into a depression as well. They didn't.

While the specter of a depression is always looming in the background and just needs the right trigger, so far, that trigger has not emerged.

I am in no way defending this stupid, lunatic MMT policy of the progressives. I am simply saying let's tap the brakes on depression talk. Keep things in perspective.
richardag
aTmAg said:

Did that sanctimonious clown ever show his face again?
It would be easy to just say I was wrong about inflation being transitory. I guess some people can not admit mistakes.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
CDUB98
AG
ProgN said:

Clob94 said:

AustinAg008 said:

China attacks Taiwan, we will go into a depression because we, and the world, are too dependent on the chips produced there.

Something that needs some real, serious consideration are some economic incentives for a chip maker to build a giant manufacturing plant here, but that would actually require cooperation and would solve a problem; something neither party is interested in.
ProgN
CDUB98 said:

ProgN said:

Clob94 said:

AustinAg008 said:

Something that needs some real, serious consideration are some economic incentives for a chip maker to build a giant manufacturing plant here, but that would actually require cooperation and would solve a problem; something neither party is interested in.
They are but they're years away from going online. Samsung has a huge one going up in Taylor and Intel announced a big one in the midwest but it's won't be online for a couple of years. Trump told all of them to get out of China and comeback home, but they waited, now we're fooked if China invades Taiwan.
richardag
CDUB98 said:

ProgN said:

Clob94 said:

AustinAg008 said:

Hope these are still planned
Intel is spending $20 billion to build two new chip plants in Arizona
Samsung plans to build a $17 billion chip plant in Texas
South Korean Chip Maker Planning New Factory in Michigan
Maybe a little late but small rays of hope.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
LMCane
this guy really predicted the future!!

thanks Nostradamus!!

is your name Bernie Sanders or Alexandra Cortez by any chance?
CDUB98
AG
ProgN said:

CDUB98 said:

ProgN said:

Clob94 said:

AustinAg008 said:

They are but they're years away from going online. Samsung has a huge one going up in Taylor and Intel announced a big one in the midwest but it's won't be online for a couple of years. Trump told all of them to get out of China and comeback home, but they waited, now we're fooked if China invades Taiwan.

Good to hear some things are coming back.
ProgN
richardag said:

CDUB98 said:

ProgN said:

Clob94 said:

AustinAg008 said:

Hope these are still planned
Intel is spending $20 billion to build two new chip plants in Arizona
Samsung plans to build a $17 billion chip plant in Texas
South Korean Chip Maker Planning New Factory in Michigan
Maybe a little late but small rays of hope.
All those are already being built (Samsung) or they are still a go (Intel).
MisterShipWreck
Keller6Ag91
AG
Oldag2020 said:

Demand is temporarily outpacing our production(supply). Due to covid shut downs and supply chain disruptions. Ex. Lumber prices were inflated, now they are correcting themselves.

Once our supply chains are back up to full capacity, the added demand created by the stimulus will not cause long lasting inflation.

Our productive capacity is so high, in fact, I believe our biggest fear should be deflation, not inflation. Our productivity growth is not disappearing any time soon. The inputs to production are 1. Technological advancements and 2. Increase in labor force. Our computing power doubles every 18 months. Clearly this growth will not disappear.

It's no accident that we have continued to spend more and more throughout the last several decades with little to zero long term negative consequences.

In fact, the fed has struggled the last decade to maintain their inflation level goal of 2%. This even Despite massive spending in 2008 and artificially low interest rates.

Another reason we should not be concerned by the massive spending is that $1 in government spending = greater than $1 in gdp growth.
Gdp growth = 1/ the propensity to save
The propensity to save is currently ~ 20%
Therefore every dollar spent today grows our gdp tomorrow by $5

This $5 of gdp growth then increases tax revenue by $5.
This increase in tax revenue is used to service the debt.

Basically, we can spend as much as we want with little to zero negative consequences. Long term inflation is not on the way.

Be sure to allocate portfolios accordingly.

Studied up on Chavez Venezuelan economics I see?
IslanderAg04
Oldag2020 said:

BuddysBud said:

Oldag2020 said:

BuddysBud said:

Oldag2020 said:

Demand is temporarily outpacing our production(supply). Due to covid shut downs and supply chain disruptions. Ex. Lumber prices were inflated, now they are correcting themselves.

Once our supply chains are back up to full capacity, the added demand created by the stimulus will not cause long lasting inflation.

Our productive capacity is so high, in fact, I believe our biggest fear should be deflation, not inflation. Our productivity growth is not disappearing any time soon. The inputs to production are 1. Technological advancements and 2. Increase in labor force. Our computing power doubles every 18 months. Clearly this growth will not disappear.

It's no accident that we have continued to spend more and more throughout the last several decades with little to zero long term negative consequences.

In fact, the fed has struggled the last decade to maintain their inflation level goal of 2%. This even Despite massive spending in 2008 and artificially low interest rates.

Another reason we should not be concerned by the massive spending is that $1 in government spending = greater than $1 in gdp growth.

Basically, we can spend as much as we want with little to zero negative consequences. Long term inflation is not on the way.

This reads like a perpetual motion machine.
Put a big fan in front of a windmill to blow on the blades to generate electricity that powers the fan. The fan blowing the windmill will never stop because the windmill keeps turning by the fan blowing on it. Easy.

Look, and endless supply of energy.

That is precisely where we are. I don't believe I could have said it any better!

Since perpetual motion machines are impossible, your post was sarcasm.

You fooled many of us. Good job.

They are in fact, not impossible.

Imagine if you drilled to the earths core, shot water into that hole, and used the steam generated by the earth as a source of power. That is limitless power that theoretically can never run out. The power created by the steam could be used to perpetually power itself, making a perpetual power machine.

This in fact is currently being developed by a team of billionaire investors through one of their family offices.

I am not sarcastic. I fully believe my OP

Rofl, in an idiotic way you just described geothermal. It's extremely expensive, and extremely limited in application.

Who resurrected this gem of a thread.
Redstone
AG
Exact same post on Business board, BTW.

These 2 threads may enter TexAgs lore.
nu awlins ag
AG
IslanderAg04 said:

Oldag2020 said:

BuddysBud said:

Oldag2020 said:

BuddysBud said:

Oldag2020 said:

Put a big fan in front of a windmill to blow on the blades to generate electricity that powers the fan. The fan blowing the windmill will never stop because the windmill keeps turning by the fan blowing on it. Easy.

That is precisely where we are. I don't believe I could have said it any better!

Imagine if you drilled to the earths core, shot water into that hole, and used the steam generated by the earth as a source of power. That is limitless power that theoretically can never run out. The power created by the steam could be used to perpetually power itself, making a perpetual power machine.

This in fact is currently being developed by a team of billionaire investors through one of their family offices.

Rofl, in an idiotic way you just described geothermal. It's extremely expensive, and extremely limited in application.

He fully believes and he's fully full of **** too. Must be lot y. No one could possibly be this stupid.
CDUB98
AG
LOL

Lot Y was much, much dumber.
aTmAg
AG
IslanderAg04 said:

Oldag2020 said:

BuddysBud said:

Oldag2020 said:

BuddysBud said:

Oldag2020 said:

And it's not perpetual motion either. We would be sucking energy out of the Earth to run our machine.
BigRobSA
aTmAg said:

IslanderAg04 said:

Oldag2020 said:

BuddysBud said:

Oldag2020 said:

BuddysBud said:

Oldag2020 said:

And it's not perpetual motion either. We would be sucking energy out of the Earth to run our machine.

Sure...sure...adhere to idiocy like "physics" and "math". Figures.
BQ2017
AG
What the ****
Redstone
AG

aggiedata
AG
We need a Forum 16 Take the L sticky post

One of his last posts.. yeah someone blue stared it.

Tom Doniphon
OP must have a magic 8 ball for a financial advisor.
AndesAg92
AG
Tom Doniphon said:

I like to think he has just been trolling and enjoying a good laugh keeping it going for so long.
mjschiller
AG
OldAg2020 - pull your head from where the sun does not shine or move to Cuba, or Venezuela and be with your comrades.
Marvin J. Schiller
mjschiller
AG
Real inflation is over 18% and increasing monthly.
Marvin J. Schiller
Daddy
AG
Lindsay's thst believe academic end up being sheep
2020 is sheep

Does fed have our best interest at heart?

Nada
The Orangeman Returns with Thunder
ProgN
CPI inflation February 2022: (cnbc.com)

Quote:

Inflation grew worse in February amid the escalating crisis in Ukraine and price pressures that became more entrenched.

The consumer price index, which measures a wide-ranging basket of goods and services, increased 7.9% over the past 12 months, a fresh 40-year high for the closely followed gauge, according to the Labor Department's Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The February acceleration was the fastest pace since January1982, back when the U.S. economy confronted the twin threat of higher inflation and reduced economic growth.

On a month-over-month basis, the CPI gain was 0.8%. Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had expected headline inflation to increase 7.8% for the year and 0.7% for the month.

Food prices rose 1% and food at home jumped 1.4%, both the fastest monthly gains since April 2020, in the early days of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Energy also was at the forefront of ballooning prices, up 3.5% for February and accounting for about one-third of the headline gain. Shelter costs, which account for about one-third of the CPI weighting, accelerated another 0.5%, for a 12-month rise of 4.7%, the fastest annual increase since May 1991.
Just updating our "transitory" trip through inflation and showing how MMT is far more superior than the time tested methods preferred by us old *******s.
Redstone
AG
21st straight month of MoM (non-transitory) increases in consumer prices?

This seems bad.
Helicopter Ben
Tom Doniphon said:

No way. A magic 8 ball would be right at least some of the time.
Marcus Brutus
This is always a good bump.
Beerosch
AG
I bet the OP is on board with blaming it all on Putin now.
Redstone
AG

I Like Mike
AG
Ah the gift that keeps on coming back. Just like herpes.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.