Another Knife and Another Officer Involved Shooting

10,473 Views | 130 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Horn_in_Aggieland
Onceaggie2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
seemed pretty stable to me lol
TAMUallen
AG
Dropped that law violator!
Fenrir
BigFred said:

Prognightmare said:

BigFred said:

He killed a mentally ill homeless person. Yay!!

Its an ever increasing population. Training, training, training...
Being a mentally ill homeless person doesn't excuse you from being a dumbass when brandishing a knife and approaching a cop.

LOL...Well, thats the thing...their thought process in not quite,..... nevermind.

Your reasoning and thought processes don't seem much better.
Earl_Rudder
AG
BigFred said:

Prognightmare said:

BigFred said:

Being a mentally ill homeless person doesn't excuse you from being a dumbass when brandishing a knife and approaching a cop.

LOL...Well, thats the thing...their thought process in not quite,..... nevermind.
I think you've shown the entire board that you are a mentally ill homeless person with your thought process in these comments.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Horn_in_Aggieland said:

This one might be a little problematic for the officer I think.

Get back to when someone has pulled a knife on you on the job. Happened to me and I am thankful situation was resolved without injury to either.
Cassius
BigFred said:

Training? Cop nailed him with one shot. That's solid training.
AquaAg1984
AG
Horn_in_Aggieland said:

Shouldn't be. Do you have any common sense left. Or are you seeing through white racist eyes as quite a lot do now? Question is what would you do in this situation??
Waffledynamics
AG
How hard is it to not have a weapon in your hand when being confronted by police?
Clob94
Unless I'm hearing it wrong, the guy sounds like he says "kill me.." right before the cop shoots. I may be wrong but it sounds like he said that.
Horn_in_Aggieland
In this day and age, when the Columbus cop can be painted as a murderer, common sense goes out the window. This cop is likely to get even more heat on him in the court of public opinion. I had to watch a couple of times to actually see the steps he took towards the officer. It's not like he lunged at him but I can recognize there is danger there. I'm not really second guessing the officer myself but I can see how others might.
DrEvazanPhD
Horn_in_Aggieland said:

In this day and age, when the Columbus cop can be painted as a murderer, common sense goes out the window. This cop is likely to get even more heat on him in the court of public opinion. I had to watch a couple of times to actually see the steps he took towards the officer. It's not like he lunged at him but I can recognize there is danger there. I'm not really second guessing the officer myself but I can see how others might.

The knife is plenty clear, and he was plenty close
fixer
Clob94 said:

Unless I'm hearing it wrong, the guy sounds like he says "kill me.." right before the cop shoots. I may be wrong but it sounds like he said that.

That is correct and he takes at least a step or two towards officer.

At that close of a distance that's a failure-to-stop drill.
BlackLab
AG
It's outside San Fran so the cop is probably screwed. They're bringing charges on him for a separate and earlier police shooting.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sfchronicle.com/local/amp/Graphic-footage-shows-East-Bay-cop-shoot-Tyrell-16118766.php
hammerhead
Wow..he went down like a sack of potatoes.

hammerhead
In before super hero Labron James chimes in..what a dumb ass.
unmade bed
If we had more cops like this guy, the mental health crisis in this country would be eliminated in a year or so.
SW AG80
AG
I have presented several shootings like this to a Grand Jury. If the bad guy is 15 ft. away, or closer, he can close on the officer and stab him before the officer can pull the trigger if the officer is not already fully committed to pulling the trigger. It takes a second or 2 for the officer's brain to accept the fact he is being attacked then another second for the brain to say "pull the trigger." But it does take expert testimony to convince a grand jury, or a petit jury if indicted, on how the brain reacts to situations like this and how quickly bad guys can move towards a target.

Also, if any of you know an ER doctor, ask the doctor what causes the most injuries, a knife or a gun. I have been very surprised by their answers.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Probably a good shoot, but it sounds like this officer has a quick trigger finger. He was involved in another fatal shooting in 2018 and was just charged with a felony for that incident. The other one looks really bad on film.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Burnsey
AG
BigFred said:

The only person who said 'yay' was you. You're making **** up because you don't like the outcome and can't justify your position with logical arguments. Again, nobody is cheering.
fixer
BlackLab said:

It's outside San Fran so the cop is probably screwed. They're bringing charges on him for a separate and earlier police shooting.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sfchronicle.com/local/amp/Graphic-footage-shows-East-Bay-cop-shoot-Tyrell-16118766.php

Holleee *****

That news coverage is hot garbage.

The other incident is on you tube and is also highly justified. But he got a murder charge.

The_Fox
RiverAg 80 said:

I have presented several shootings like this to a Grand Jury. If the bad guy is 15 ft. away, or closer, he can close on the officer and stab him before the officer can pull the trigger if the officer is not already fully committed to pulling the trigger. It takes a second or 2 for the officer's brain to accept the fact he is being attacked then another second for the brain to say "pull the trigger." But if does take expert testimony to convince a grand jury, or a petit jury if indicted, how the brain reacts to situations like this and how quickly bad guys can move towards a target.

Also, if any of you know an ER doctor, ask the doctor what causes the most injuries, a knife or a gun. I have been very surprised by their answers.
21 feet. But you are correct.
itsyourboypookie
Hendrix said:

when did that occur?

3/11/21
Infection_Ag11
AG
RiverAg 80 said:

I have presented several shootings like this to a Grand Jury. If the bad guy is 15 ft. away, or closer, he can close on the officer and stab him before the officer can pull the trigger if the officer is not already fully committed to pulling the trigger. It takes a second or 2 for the officer's brain to accept the fact he is being attacked then another second for the brain to say "pull the trigger." But if does take expert testimony to convince a grand jury, or a petit jury if indicted, how the brain reacts to situations like this and how quickly bad guys can move towards a target.

Knife injuries are significantly more common, and depending on the type of ammunition in question often much more damaging. I would much rather be shot in the torso with a small caliber, lower velocity round than be stabbed in the same area. This is because stabbing generally isn't an in/out motion, it involves erratic tearing motions that can cause damage to a relatively large area. If a small caliber round doesn't have a vital organ/vessel in its path you will usually survive. Knife wounds commonly cause significant tissue and vessel damage many inches on either side of the initial tract.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
eric76
AG
Horn_in_Aggieland said:

Why?

Didn't he have the authority to protect himself when the suspect pulled a knife on him?
fixer
FYI there are lots of gruesome pics out there of people who were in a bad knife fight and yeah you won't ever Unsee it. There are a shocking number of cops in this .
Horn_in_Aggieland
fixer said:

BlackLab said:

Holleee *****

That news coverage is hot garbage.

The other incident is on you tube and is also highly justified. But he got a murder charge.

Wow. That article says the driver was slowly driving away from police. Didn't mention he was driving towards another officer.
SW AG80
AG
It has been 2008 since I handled a case like this. My memory is not what it used to be.
Trucker 96
Armed with a knife, makes verbal threats, approaches the cop, and is close enough to be on him in an instant. Good shooting. Good riddance
Ag with kids
AG
Horn_in_Aggieland said:

I'm 52 years old. I'm short, fat and out of shape.

If I had a knife in my hand like that guy did I can guarantee I could have closed that distance in 1-1.5 sec.

Now, if I lunged and he shot me, my fat ass would have still plowed him over because inertia is a *****.
aginlakeway
AG
zephyr88 said:

Murder by cop...

More like suicide by cop.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
leachfan
Unpopular opinion here, but that cop is a ****ing dumbass. There is no way in hell, I'd **** that guy for pulling a knife.
gibby03
AG
Cassius said:

Onceaggie2.0 said:

Pulling a knife on a cop is not a good idea..how did he think that would end?

The cop should have retreated /libs

Well let's be realistic if we are going to sound like libs....

The cop should have retreated while grabbing his taser and asking the perpetrator if it was ok for him to use it, only then to ask twice, meanwhile simultaneously getting on the radio to ask for a social worker to come down to diffuse the situation, and after all of that before he pulled his gun would ask if the perpetrator understood his commands, then to aim at the leg to slow him down.

Then and only then would it be a "good shoot". According to some of the crazy libs around here.

Insane idiots they are.
Trucker 96
leachfan said:

Unpopular opinion here, but that cop is a ****ing dumbass. There is no way in hell, I'd **** that guy for pulling a knife.

I don't think any of us would have sex with the guy. Weird post but thanks for your contribution
Fenrir
leachfan said:

****ting another human (especially one holding a knife) sounds painful, I would definitely try to avoid it.
eric76
AG
Infection_Ag11 said:

RiverAg 80 said:

Knife injuries are significantly more common, and depending on the type of ammunition in question often much more damaging. I would much rather be shot in the torso with a small caliber, lower velocity round than be stabbed in the same area. This is because stabbing generally isn't an in/out motion, it involves erratic tearing motions that can cause damage to a relatively large area. If a small caliber round doesn't have a vital organ/vessel in its path you will usually survive. Knife wounds commonly cause significant tissue and vessel damage many inches on either side of the initial tract.
One thing that would be very concerning about being shot, regardless of caliber, would be the chance of the bullet striking the spinal cord and leaving you paralyzed for life.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.