So everyone is still wearing masks...

10,957 Views | 166 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by FratboyLegend
cevans_40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BigRobSA said:

BrazosDog02 said:

MemphisAg1 said:

I still wear one (N95) and don't care what other people think. Just saw an uncle die from it, and I don't want to bring it home to my wife who has a compromised upper respiratory system and fights off pneumonia periodically from head colds that go south quickly. I'll stop wearing it when I'm comfortable with that decision, and not until then.

Yep.

I'm going to wear my mask because people are disgusting. I might even carry my 6' hiking pole and aggressively poke at those who don't maintain distance like on Southpark just because I love messing with anti maskers. At 6'2" and 190 lbs I can get away with just about anything.

6'2" and 190?

Yeah, I don't beat up kid-sized people.

Come on. We all remember junior high
BigRobSA
cevans_40 said:

BigRobSA said:

BrazosDog02 said:

MemphisAg1 said:

I still wear one (N95) and don't care what other people think. Just saw an uncle die from it, and I don't want to bring it home to my wife who has a compromised upper respiratory system and fights off pneumonia periodically from head colds that go south quickly. I'll stop wearing it when I'm comfortable with that decision, and not until then.

Yep.

I'm going to wear my mask because people are disgusting. I might even carry my 6' hiking pole and aggressively poke at those who don't maintain distance like on Southpark just because I love messing with anti maskers. At 6'2" and 190 lbs I can get away with just about anything.

6'2" and 190?

Come on. We all remember junior high
True, I was bigger at 13.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
BigRobSA
waitwhat? said:

BigRobSA said:

BrazosDog02 said:

MemphisAg1 said:

Yep.

6'2" and 190?

Hey f*** off
I also don't beat up sexy people, so you're good.

"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
Maroon Dawn
AG
Anyone who posts their height and weight on the interwebs is really a 5'2'' poozzy
richardag
MemphisAg1 said:

Actually this is the way it should have been from the outbreak. Personal decisions on how best to protect oneself, not government mandates. This is the first time in our nation healthy people were quarantined via lockdowns.

To protect the vulnerable in nursing homes and hospitals provide different protocols.

Unfortunately President Trump and many governors listened to officials who claimed scientific knowledge went to unconstitutional mandates, only allowing the BLM, antifa rioters and looters exemptions. This led to a very unfocused haphazard policy that left the vulnerable at heightened risk.
The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, the public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome become bankrupt.
People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.
-- Cicero, 55 B.C.
Post removed:
by user
unmade bed
Thomas Sowell said:

BrazosDog02 said:

MemphisAg1 said:

Yep.

Other people are disgusting?

You're not big.

Maybe that's a chick
BrazosDog02
AG
barnyard1996 said:

BrazosDog02 said:

barnyard1996 said:

Tom Doniphon said:

Quote:

6'2" and 190

He'll flip ya.

Tee hee. I love messing with all these antimaskers. They remind me of having kids when they were 5. They'd lay down and throw a fit when asked to eat their peas. They made a big old stink over it and fussed and whined but in the end they did what they were told and it was a non issue.

Hell yeah they ate their peas. I mean you are 6'2 and all.

That's with boots. That's why I carry a stick. Don't you know anything?
TexAgs91
AG
waitwhat? said:

No Spin Ag said:

I've gotta say I thought for sure I'd see an uptick in people not wearing masks, but I've been to two department stores, a grocery store, a chain barber shop, and Cracker Barrel, and it's still 99.99% people still wearing their masks.

Would you guys attribute this to just a Texan thing, and waiting until Wednesday, or something else?

I think many people are waiting until Wednesday and many more are cowards

FIFY
BrazosDog02
AG
Maroon Dawn said:

Anyone who posts their height and weight on the interwebs is really a 5'2'' poozzy

For sure. There's no way I could handle all these antimaskerz. Serious bad asses...super serious wordage going on in this forum.
waitwhat?
Y'all are getting very distracted from this the point of this thread.

If you are still wearing a mask and you don't personally have or live with someone that has a serious medical condition then you are being silly. And that's actually been clear since 7/2/2020.

EDIT: Actually far earlier than 7/2 but that's when King Abbott's decree went into effect.

#PrimaryAbbott2022
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
Barnyard96
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

barnyard1996 said:

BrazosDog02 said:

barnyard1996 said:

Tom Doniphon said:

Quote:

6'2" and 190

He'll flip ya.

Tee hee. I love messing with all these antimaskers. They remind me of having kids when they were 5. They'd lay down and throw a fit when asked to eat their peas. They made a big old stink over it and fussed and whined but in the end they did what they were told and it was a non issue.

This you?

BigRobSA
waitwhat? said:

If you are still wearing a mask and you don't personally have or live with someone that has a serious medical condition then you are being silly. And that's actually been clear since 7/2/2020 1/1/20.
FIFY
waitwhat?
BigRobSA said:

waitwhat? said:

If you are still wearing a mask and you don't personally have or live with someone that has a serious medical condition then you are being silly. And that's actually been clear since 7/2/2020 1/1/20.
FIFY
Fixed it myself, thanks
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

TEXIT
BigRobSA
waitwhat? said:

BigRobSA said:

waitwhat? said:

FIFY
Fixed it myself, thanks
You might piss off the 6'2" giant with a stick, though.
BrazosDog02
AG
barnyard1996 said:

BrazosDog02 said:

barnyard1996 said:

BrazosDog02 said:

barnyard1996 said:

Tom Doniphon said:

Quote:

6'2" and 190

He'll flip ya.

This you?

I could carry a smaller stick.

That guy could be my weight if he was 4' tall.
ironmanag
AG
Went out today and it was about 50/50
The Debt
MarathonAg12 said:

Because the mandate ends Wednesday.....

What are you confused by?

There was no mandate to wear masks like you think.

The order was to wear masks in commercial properties, if 6 feet of distance could not be maintained. It is the public, and businesses that said "that means wear it constantly".
The Debt
BigRobSA said:

waitwhat? said:

If you are still wearing a mask and you don't personally have or live with someone that has a serious medical condition then you are being silly. And that's actually been clear since 7/2/2020 1/1/20AD.
FIFY
fify
Post removed:
by user
waitwhat?
SoupNazi2001 said:

The Debt said:

MarathonAg12 said:

The order was to wear masks in commercial properties, if 6 feet of distance could not be maintained. It is the public, and businesses that said "that means wear it constantly".

Actually no it was at all times indoors and outside only if you couldn't maintain 6 feet distance.
I'm pretty sure this is not correct. It was originally meant to be indoors if "safe social distancing" cannot be maintained.

And make no mistake how pathetically sad that statement was.

TEXIT
YouBet
AG
austagg99 said:

YouBet said:

austagg99 said:

the governments decision to end the mandate to wear mask doesn't change the responsibility that comes with my freedom. Wearing a well fitting well designed mask in confined areas is a small burden and has been shown to lower transmission rates (even if only a little). Because of those two things I still wear one. The fact that someone would see my decision to do that in any type of negative way shows how ridiculously politicized such a simple decision has become. Such a response seriously brings into question whether that persons judgement is being clouded by politics.
Well, here's the thing. It's political because the left/Covidians have made it political. Hell, they've made it practically a religion as the left seemingly makes most of their secular planks something to worship.

Almost every public altercation we've seen has been caused by mask Nazi's accosting non-mask wearers. So, while you are seeing some ribbing online about wearing one, I highly doubt you will ever see a non-mask wearer accost you in public over it. Why? Because we don't give a sh^t and just want to be left alone. If you want to wear one, then go for it. I have zero issues with you wearing one. I think it's silly considering the data we have but it's fine if you do.

You may think it's silly but I've worked as an engineer in high volume high quality manufacturing for over twenty years. In my experience peoples intuitions tend to fail them when looking at low probability high consequence events. Decision making under those circumstances is tough but you typically don't pass up an essentially free opportunity to lower the probability of the bad outcome. Of course there is a crossover point where the risk mitigation doesn't make sense anymore and that can be difficult to determine but with the virus on the decline and vaccines becoming more available it hardly silly of me to wait a few more months when I can be certain by an order of magnitude that we have reached that point.

Your comments above the "silly" statement just lend more credence to my argument that the issue has become over politicized and that has the potential to cloud peoples judgment.
It's silly because they don't work. The CDC and multiple studies have said as much. They were/are essentially a Faustian Bargain we all agreed to participate in to allow some semblance of economic normalcy. However, if you personally feel better wearing one then go for it. I don't think anyone has any issues with folks that volunteer to wear masks and no one is going to say anything to you about it most likely.

Absolutely agree with you it has become political and that is because there is little to no legitimacy to the efficacy of masks for COVID. Thus, when a practice is forced upon a people that has no value add and actually does societal harm then that practice naturally becomes political. People tend to revolt against such events.
Post removed:
by user
waitwhat?
SoupNazi2001 said:

waitwhat? said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

The Debt said:

MarathonAg12 said:

Actually no it was at all times indoors and outside only if you couldn't maintain 6 feet distance.
I'm pretty sure this is not correct. It was originally meant to be indoors if "safe social distancing" cannot be maintained.

And make no mistake how pathetically sad that statement was.

You are incorrect. Outdoors is where the distancing "out" was.

July 2, 2020
The Honorable Ruth R. Hughs Secretary of State
State Capitol Room 1E.8 Austin, Texas 78701
GOVERNOR GREG ABBOTT
FILED IN THE OFFICE OF THE SECRETARy OF STATE
2:3O
O'CLOcc
Dear Secretary Hughs:
Pursuant to his powers as Governor of the State of Texas, Greg Abbott has issued the following:
Executive Order No. GA-29 relating to the use of face coverings during the COVID- 19 disaster.
The original executive order is attached to this letter of transmittal. tly submitted,
Secretary of State
GSD/gsd Attachment
lerk to the Governor
POST OFFICE Box 12428 AUSTIN, TEXAS 78711 512-463-2000 (VOICE) DIAL 7-1-1 FoR RELAY SERVICES

xrrufhir rtrr
BY THE
GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF TEXAS
Executive Department Austin, Texas July 2, 2020
EXECUTIVE ORDER GA29
Relating to the use offace coverings during the COVID-19 disaster.
WHEREAS, I, Greg Abbott, Governor of Texas, issued a disaster proclamation on March 13, 2020, certifying under Section 4 18.014 of the Texas Government Code that the novel
coronavirus (CO VIP- 19) poses an imminent threat of disaster for all counties in the State of Texas; and
WHEREAS, in each subsequent month effective through today, I have renewed the disaster declaration for all Texas counties; and
WHEREAS, the Commissioner of the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS), Dr. John Hellerstedt, has determined that COVID- 19 continues to represent a public health disaster within the meaning of Chapter 81 of the Texas Health and Safety Code; and
WHEREAS, I have issued executive orders and suspensions of Texas laws in response to COVIP-19, aimed at using the least restrictive means available to protect the health and safety of Texans and ensure an effective response to this disaster; and
WHEREAS, as Texas reopens in the midst of COVID-19, increased spread is to be expected, and the key to controlling the spread and keeping Texans safe is for all people to consistently follow good hygiene and social-distancing practices; and
WHEREAS, due to recent substantial increases in COVID-19 positive cases, and increases in the COVID-19 positivity rate and hospitalizations resulting from COVID
19, further measures are needed to achieve the least restrictive means for reducing the growing spread of COVTD-19, and to avoid a need for more extreme measures; and
WHEREAS, I have joined the medical experts in consistently encouraging people to use face coverings, and health authorities have repeatedly emphasized that wearing face coverings is one of the most important and effective tools for reducing the spread of COVID-19; and
WHEREAS, given the current status of COVD-19 in Texas, requiring the use of face coverings is a targeted response that can combat the threat to public health using the least restrictive means, and if people follow this requirement, more extreme measures may be avoided; and
WHEREAS, wearing a face covering is important not only to protect oneself, but also to avoid unknowingly harming fellow Texans, especially given that many people who go into public may have COVID-19 without knowing it because they have no symptoms; and
FILED IN THE OFFICE OF THE
SECRETARY OF STATE 2'op- O'CLOCK
JUL 022020

Governor Greg Abbott Executive Order GA-29
July 2, 2020
WHEREAS,the"governorisresponsibleformeeting... thedangerstothestateand people presented by disasters" under Section 418.011 of the Texas Government Code, and the legislature has given the governor broad authority to fulfill that responsibility; and
WHEREAS, failure to comply with any executive order issued during the COVID-19 disaster is an offense punishable under Section 418. 173 by fine;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Greg Abbott, Governor of Texas, by virtue of the power and authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the State of Texas, do hereby order the following on a statewide basis effective at 12:0 1 p.m. on July 3, 2020:
Every person in Texas shall wear a face covering over the nose and mouth when inside a commercial entity or other building or space open to the public, or when in an outdoor public space, wherever it is not feasible to maintain six feet of social distancing from another person not in the same household; provided, however, that this face-covering requirement does not apply to the Miowing:
1. any person younger than 10 years of age;
2. any person with a medical condition or disability that prevents wearing a face covering;
3. any person while the person is consuming food or drink, or is seated at a restaurant to eat or drink;
4. any person while the person is (a) exercising outdoors or engaging in physical activity outdoors, and (b) maintaining a safe distance from other people not in the same household;
5. any person while the person is driving alone or with passengers who are part of the same household as the driver;
6. any person obtaining a service that requires temporary removal of the face covering for security surveillance, screening, or a need for specific access to the face, such as while visiting a bank or while obtaining a personal- care service involving the face, but only to the extent necessary for the temporary removal;
7. any person while the person is in a swimming pool, lake, or similar body of water;
8. any person who is voting, assisting a voter, serving as a poli watcher, or actively administering an election, but wearing a face covering is strongly encouraged;
9. any person who is actively providing or obtaining access to religious worship, but wearing a face covering is strongly encouraged;
10. any person while the person is giving a speech for a broadcast or to an audience; or
Page 2
11. any person in a county (a) that meets the requisite criteria proilajcI
SECRETARY OF STATE
OFFICE OF THE f0'CLOCK
2:
JUL 0 2 2020

Governor Greg Abbott Executive Order GA-29
July 2, 2020
Page 3
the Texas Division of Emergency Management (TDEM) regarding minimal cases of COVID-19, and (b) whose county judge has affirmatively opted-out of this face-covering requirement by filing with TDEM the required face-covering attestation formprovided, however, that wearing a face covering is highly recommended, and every county is strongly encouraged to follow these face-covering standards.
Not excepted from this face-covering requirement is any person attending a protest or demonstration involving more than 10 people and who is not practicing safe social distancing of six feet from other people not in the same household.
TDEM shall maintain on its website a list of counties that are not subject to this face-covering requirement pursuant to paragraph number 11. The list can be found at: www.tdem.texas.gov/ga29.
Following a verbal or written warning for a first-time violator of this face- covering requirement, a person's second violation shall be punishable by a fine not to exceed $250. Each subsequent violation shall be punishable by a fine not to exceed $250 per violation.
Local law enforcement and other local officials, as appropriate, can and should enforce this executive order, Executive Order GA-28, and other effective executive orders, as well as local restrictions that are consistent with this executive order and other effective executive orders. But no law enforcement or other official may detain, arrest, or confine in jail any person for a violation of this executive order or for related non-violent, non-felony offenses that are predicated on a violation of this executive order; provided, however, that any official with authority to enforce this executive order may act to enforce trespassing laws and remove violators at the request of a business establishment or other property owner.
This executive order hereby prohibits confinement in jail as a penalty for the violation of any face-covering order by any jurisdiction.
Executive Order GA-2$ is hereby amended to delete from paragraph number 15 thephrase:", butnojurisdictioncanimposeacivilorcriminalpenaltyforfailure to wear a face covering."
The governor may by proclamation amend this executive order or add to the list of people to whom this face-covering requirement does not apply.
This executive order does not supersede Executive Orders GA-b, GA-13, GA-17, GA 19, GA-24, GA-25, GA-27, or GA-28 as amended. This executive order shall remain in effect and in full force until modified, amended, rescinded, or superseded by the
governor.
FILED IN THE OFFICE OF THE SECRETARy OF STATE
o i-IO'CLOCX JUL 022020

Governor Greg Abbott July 2, 2020
Executive Order GA-29 Page 4
Given under my hand this the 2nd day of July, 2020.
ATTEST BY:
I1UTH R. HUGHS Secretary of State
GREG OTT Governor
FILED IN THE OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY OF STATE
O'CLOCK JUL 02 2020

You're right. How horribly stupid.

EDIT: Hindsight is 20/20 but many of us on F16 recognized it as stupid back then.

TEXIT
Jack Boyett
AG
I was at a jr high track meet in Sunray this afternoon the stands were about 3/4 full. I counted masks and came up with a total of 4.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
People that think masks work don't understand science.
GIF Reactor
AG
I don't know about that. At our kids schools, masks have been required and case levels have been low, despite class levels being 20+ kids per room. I attribute mask usage to helping that.
austagg99
YouBet said:

austagg99 said:

YouBet said:

austagg99 said:

the governments decision to end the mandate to wear mask doesn't change the responsibility that comes with my freedom. Wearing a well fitting well designed mask in confined areas is a small burden and has been shown to lower transmission rates (even if only a little). Because of those two things I still wear one. The fact that someone would see my decision to do that in any type of negative way shows how ridiculously politicized such a simple decision has become. Such a response seriously brings into question whether that persons judgement is being clouded by politics.
Well, here's the thing. It's political because the left/Covidians have made it political. Hell, they've made it practically a religion as the left seemingly makes most of their secular planks something to worship.

Almost every public altercation we've seen has been caused by mask Nazi's accosting non-mask wearers. So, while you are seeing some ribbing online about wearing one, I highly doubt you will ever see a non-mask wearer accost you in public over it. Why? Because we don't give a sh^t and just want to be left alone. If you want to wear one, then go for it. I have zero issues with you wearing one. I think it's silly considering the data we have but it's fine if you do.

You may think it's silly but I've worked as an engineer in high volume high quality manufacturing for over twenty years. In my experience peoples intuitions tend to fail them when looking at low probability high consequence events. Decision making under those circumstances is tough but you typically don't pass up an essentially free opportunity to lower the probability of the bad outcome. Of course there is a crossover point where the risk mitigation doesn't make sense anymore and that can be difficult to determine but with the virus on the decline and vaccines becoming more available it hardly silly of me to wait a few more months when I can be certain by an order of magnitude that we have reached that point.

Your comments above the "silly" statement just lend more credence to my argument that the issue has become over politicized and that has the potential to cloud peoples judgment.
It's silly because they don't work. The CDC and multiple studies have said as much. They were/are essentially a Faustian Bargain we all agreed to participate in to allow some semblance of economic normalcy. However, if you personally feel better wearing one then go for it. I don't think anyone has any issues with folks that volunteer to wear masks and no one is going to say anything to you about it most likely.

Absolutely agree with you it has become political and that is because there is little to no legitimacy to the efficacy of masks for COVID. Thus, when a practice is forced upon a people that has no value add and actually does societal harm then that practice naturally becomes political. People tend to revolt against such events.

Since you brought the CDC up I went to their website thinking I must have missed something. Turns out your statement about them isn't aligned at all with their current guidance or the studies they cited. I assume you just haven't kept up with it but I suppose it's also
possible you are letting your political leanings blind you. Again the claim isn't that masks are the panacea or anywhere near as important as mask nazi's make them out to be. Only that its perfectly logical to wear them given the low cost to the user and how low probability high consequence events work.
All the statements on this thread about not understanding science etc.. show a lack of understanding of black swan events. Not that a death from COVID caused by not wearing a mask is truly a black swan because we KNOW it will happen to someone given enough interactions. Just that it is like a black swan event because the likelihood of it happening to you is very very small.
jefe95
AG
Cases been low or nonexistent?

Because you're kinda wishing facts into evidence that don't really exist.
Cassius
austagg99 said:

There is no evidence of aggregate, reduced transmission of a virus related to donning masks. If you want to wear one, do it. But drop the nonsense about doing it based on evidence of reduced rates of transmission.
Thomas Sowell
Electrical_Ag said:

I don't know about that. At our kids schools, masks have been required and case levels have been low, despite class levels being 20+ kids per room. I attribute mask usage to helping that.

You can attribute it to whatever you want; doesn't make it true.
Cassius
Electrical_Ag said:

Is the racial makeup mainly white? Maybe it's because of race. That's just as valid a conclusion as the one you drew.
austagg99
Cassius said:

austagg99 said:

There is no evidence of aggregate, reduced transmission of a virus related to donning masks. If you want to wear one, do it. But drop the nonsense about doing it based on evidence of reduced rates of transmission.

It's a beautiful day, and I'm sitting on my back porch enjoying a beer so I'm not going to track down citations (besides reading the cdc guidelines recommended to me by one of the ill informed posters above) but focused studies I've read showed that good masks worn properly reduce the transmission of particles that we know transmit the disease. Given that fact and the absence of conclusive studies either way on population transmission the CONSERVATIVE approach to this problem given the low cost of wearing a mask would be to wear one properly fitted.
Oak Tree
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

austagg99 said:

ChrisTAMU said:

What do you make of fauci's comments at the beginning of all this that said masks don't work?

He's one man and has been wrong many times through this whole thing.
And yet somehow he's the single highest paid government employee and just received a million dollar kickback from a foreign country. Clown world.

And yet somehow Trump decided to appoint him to the covid task force and NEVER fired him.
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.