So everyone is still wearing masks...

10,787 Views | 166 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by FratboyLegend
No Spin Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've gotta say I thought for sure I'd see an uptick in people not wearing masks, but I've been to two department stores, a grocery store, a chain barber shop, and Cracker Barrel, and it's still 99.99% people still wearing their masks.

Would you guys attribute this to just a Texan thing, and waiting until Wednesday, or something else?
Onceaggie2.0
Same people that voted for biden. HTH
Keegan99
AG
For me, it's waiting until Wednesday.

(Though I'm in an urban center, and my mask is looser-than-loose.)
waitwhat?
No Spin Ag said:

I've gotta say I thought for sure I'd see an uptick in people not wearing masks, but I've been to two department stores, a grocery store, a chain barber shop, and Cracker Barrel, and it's still 99.99% people still wearing their masks.

Would you guys attribute this to just a Texan thing, and waiting until Wednesday, or something else?

I think many people are waiting until Wednesday and many more want to avoid confrontations. But the more of us they see without muzzles and not being harassed the more willing they'll be to stop wearing them.
" 'People that read with pictures think that it's simply about a mask' - Dana Loesch" - Ban Cow Gas

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Dr. Ron Paul

Big Tech IS the empire of lies

TEXIT
MarathonAg12
Because the mandate ends Wednesday.....

What are you confused by?

beerad12man
AG
It will be a process but as vaccinations go up and cases/deaths go down, I sincerely hope common sense prevails even for the most avid mask supporters
Trucker 96
Many are probably like me where it doesn't bother me to wear one for a few minutes and if the establishment has a sign (which most seem to), I'll oblige. I don't think govt mandates should have been involved, but I've never really gotten the hysterics on either side either.
AGHouston11
AG
Covid stops next Wednesday I think
beerad12man
AG
MarathonAg12 said:

Because the mandate ends Wednesday.....

What are you confused by?

Well in fairness who is going to enforce it or care now that won't on Wednesday?

But I would say regardless that logic states it will be a gradual thing. Not all at once
beerad12man
AG
Fore Left! said:

Many are probably like me where it doesn't bother me to wear one for a few minutes and if the establishment has a sign (which most seem to), I'll oblige. I don't think govt mandates should have been involved, but I've never really gotten the hysterics on either side either.
m
Try 45-50 hours a week going on 54 weeks now and see how you feel. Cant wait for the miserable things to go away. They take all humanity out of any experience for me
annie88
AG
Have hardly been wearing mine the last few days no one has said a thing.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Here's a hint: Why don't you wait until Wednesday and ask this question?
Barnyard96
AG
Walked into Academy this morning as the doors opened.

The dude said to the waiting crowd of people "If you don't have a mask we have some...if you want one.

Place was 50/50.
Barnyard96
AG
beerad12man said:

Fore Left! said:

m
Try 45-50 hours a week going on 54 weeks now and see how you feel. Cant wait for the miserable things to go away. They take all humanity out of any experience for me
This. The schools are miserable places right now.
FriscoKid
AG
No Spin Ag said:

I'm not. Only one naked in the two stores I went in yesterday.

It's like getting on an icy road after a snow storm. There will be a few that have to do it and then more and more will do it. Then there a lot of people on the roads because their are ruts and wet pavement.

If those first few people wouldn't have taken to the roads then the road would still be snow covered. But, there won't be a magic switch on Wednesday in the urban centers. People, for the most part, are afraid to be confronted about it.
gonemaroon
AG
The mask obsession is off the charts
agdaddy04
AG
barnyard1996 said:

The dude said to the waiting crowd of people "If you don't have a mask we have some...if you want one.

Place was 50/50.

How many people were lining up to get into Academy on a random Saturday? Maybe I should load up on ASO.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
I just shopped at Tom Thumb for 45 minutes without a mask. I was the only one!

But no one said a word to me.

Here's the thing...

Some people have made the masks into magic protective talismans. They will be wearing them for years to come.
Picard
AG
Starting Wednesday I'm walking in waving the mask above my head like a prized bra removal

DrEvazanPhD
agdaddy04 said:

barnyard1996 said:

Place was 50/50.

How many people were lining up to get into Academy on a random Saturday? Maybe I should load up on ASO.

Ammo buyers
cmag
Went to academy this morning and it was about 50/50. Went to best buy after the dumbasses opened at 11 and it was 100%. Best buy not opening until 11 because of covid is far far more stupid than theask thing. Apparently that's when covid goes to sleep
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
p.s. It definitely varies by where you are. My Tom Thumb was in Fort Worth. Two nights earlier, I went to Railhead BBQ in Willow Park (just outside of Fort Worth but more rural). It was packed at full capacity, and 95% of people were not wearing masks in or out.

The city folk are covid scared. The rural folk are "leave me alone."
Barnyard96
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

agdaddy04 said:

barnyard1996 said:

Place was 50/50.

Ammo buyers
Yup. And they were disappointed.
cmag
Fightin TX Aggie said:

p.s. It definitely varies by where you are. My Tom Thumb was in Fort Worth. Two nights earlier, I went to Railhead BBQ in Willow Park (just outside of Fort Worth but more rural). It was packed at full capacity, and 95% of people were not wearing masks in or out.

This.

When I go to normangee, population around 700ish? You'll get laughed out of an establishment for wearing one. They've all had covid already though. Come back to Pearland and you'll get side eye if you don't wear one.
BQRyno
AG
I'm just waiting until Wednesday because after a year I can wait a few more days. I don't blame anyone who has already burned their masks, though. Come Wednesday, I'm only patronizing businesses that don't require a mask.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Tarrant County already dropped theirs

So any place that had a "per TC mandate" has seen no mask from me and no one has said a word
Post removed:
by user
AgDad121619
AG
beerad12man said:

It will be a process but as vaccinations go up and cases/deaths go down, I sincerely hope common sense prevails even for the most avid mask supporters
it has never been associated with common sense so that won't change
angus55
cmag said:

Fightin TX Aggie said:

This.

When I go to normangee, population around 700ish? You'll get laughed out of an establishment for wearing one. They've all had covid already though. Come back to Pearland and you'll get side eye if you don't wear one.

What you doing in my town?
We'll win this war, but we'll win it only by fighting and by showing the Germans that we've got more guts than they have, or ever will have. We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-b******, were going to rip out their living G*******d guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun c********** by the bushel-f****** basket. War is a bloody killing business. You've got to spill their blood or they will spill yours. Rip them up the belly. Shot them in the guts.
cmag
angus55 said:

cmag said:

Fightin TX Aggie said:

This.

What you doing in my town?

Inlaws have lived there for 40ish years.
Maroon Dawn
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

The entire Covid experience really makes me want to move to a smaller town. The way smaller towns and rural areas handled this vs large city / suburbs is night and day.

Yes

High paying jobs were the only attraction cities ever had for me and the suburbs USED to be bastions of conservative sense but are quickly becoming overrun with leftist idiocy too

Honestly considering giving up on Texas all together since it's only a matter of time before leftist idiocy destroys this state too and the small towns become hostages to the blue cities like in every blue state
Frok
AG
I am still wearing one because I don't feel like getting judged by people. I know I shouldn't care but that's why I wear it.
Philip J Fry
AG
Even if the mandate was already over, I'm not going lambast people who choose to wear it over being forced to wear it by law. Big difference.
Barnyard96
AG
Frok said:

I am still wearing one because I don't feel like getting judged by people. I know I shouldn't care but that's why I wear it.
Drink one of these.

Tom Doniphon
Drive 50 miles in any direction away from your urban center and report those findings.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.