Employer Mandating Employees Get Vaccinated

8,920 Views | 123 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by The Last Cobra Commander
RC_57
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So my daughters pops in, says "Guess I'm going to have to find a new job!"

"Why?" she currently has a part time job at a montessori where while going to college. The owners of the montessori is requiring all their employees be vaccinated.

She's pretty adamant that at this time she doesn't want to get vaccinated.

So where does this fall: right to work/fire status?
Does the employer have a legal leg to stand on to mandate their employees get vaccinated?

(I would imagine this has already been discussed on here, but I haven't completed searching yet. So I thought I would float this out here for now)
DrEvazanPhD
Imagine the fallout of she has a bad reaction to the vaccine her employer required her to take
FratboyLegend
I am not a lawyer, but I would start with the argument that no available vaccine is FDA approved. So, this requirement seems without precedent.
#CertifiedSIP
retiredintx
AG
Good news for ur daughter ..... part time workers in college towns are scarce. Spoke with an owner of a restaurant in BCS yesterday about reopening to 100%. He tells me "no way that will happened in the short term" due to the lack of servers and support staff.

She'll have no problem getting another pt gig once she tells her current employer, my body, my choice
Pookers
AG
There's a lot of "muh private corporation" types around here that are fine with tyranny so long as it's not the government enforcing it. In reality employers should do the following to avoid liability:

1) Vaccines optional
2) All employees sign waiver stating they do not hold employer responsible if they get kung fru.
3) Everybody wins.

Instead, you will see a massive push for mandatory vax because this is just another power grab.
One Louder
AG
If I was still in my child-bearing years, I wouldn't take it either.
Martin Q. Blank
RC_57 said:

"Why?" she currently has a part time job at a montessori where while going to college. The owners of the montessori is requiring all their employees be vaccinated.

Does the employer have a legal leg to stand on to mandate their employees get vaccinated?

(I would imagine this has already been discussed on here, but I haven't completed searching yet. So I thought I would float this out here for now)

Have a lawyer draft an agreement with the montessori that they will be held liable for effects from the vaccine. Because the pharmaceutical company can't be held liable.
Pookers
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

RC_57 said:

Have a lawyer draft an agreement with the montessori that they will be held liable for effects from the vaccine. Because the pharmaceutical company can't be held liable.
If its an "at will" state then they could just fire her for any other reason they make up no?
BMX Bandit
Why would you have a lawyer draft an agreement that the other party isn't going to sign?
HollywoodBQ
AG
The only times I've ever been required to get certain vaccines was to travel to particular countries.
For my kids, they had to get vaccines to enrol in school including college.

But I don't know if the teachers are held to the same standards as the students.

In California, she could probably cite a religious objection to the vaccine.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Why not just lie? Print up a fake vaccine card to present if employer wants to see it and go about your business.

That way everyone gets what they want - employer gets to virtue signal and your daughter gets to keep working in an already low-risk environment.
Panama Red
AG
Quote:

Why not just lie?

Revoke Ag Tag.
Pookers
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

Why not just lie? Print up a fake vaccine card to present if employer wants to see it and go about your business.

That way everyone gets what they want - employer gets to virtue signal and your daughter gets to keep working in an already low-risk environment.
This will probably work for a while until they start drawing your blood to prove you have whatever marker the vaccine is inserting into you. Afterall, gotta keep people safe from a 99.97% survival rate virus; definitely no ulterior motive with forcing this on everybody.
BigRobSA
Pookers said:

ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

This will probably work for a while until they start drawing your blood to prove you have whatever marker the vaccine is inserting into you. Afterall, gotta keep people safe from a 99.97% survival rate virus; definitely no ulterior motive with forcing this on everybody.
LOL

"Drawing blood"? Just turn on the Gates app and wave your phone by the person. BOOM! done.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
Ol Rock
AG
Sue

1) HIPPA - is none of their business
2) what other health intrusion are employers allowed
3) young people are not at risk and should defer to the elders to receive priority so firing now is premature at best.
BMX Bandit
Ol Rock said:

Sue

Here we go again.
torrid
AG
I'd think a Montessori school would be rife with anti-vaxxers.
P.U.T.U
AG
I know several hospitals that are saying they are requiring it but if anyone pushes back they make them sign a waiver. I would push back and state the vaccine is not FDA approved.
lb3
AG
DrEvazanPhD said:

Imagine the fallout of she has a bad reaction to the vaccine her employer required her to take
Have her daughter draft up a liability acknowledgment form for her employer to sign.
boyd1002
AG
My wife is pregnant and her OB is adamant that no one who is pregnant (OR PLANNING TO GET PREGNANT IN THE FUTURE) should get the vaccine until they have more answers, as the protein the vaccine attacks is very similar to an important protein that keeps the uterus attached (i dont remember the exact role of the protein, but he was very very adamant)... I will get the vaccine, but based on that, i would not allow my daughter to get the vaccine.
Tanya 93
Why shouldn't the employer have the right to require it?

She can always find another job.

That is the argument for bake the cake.

Don't like it, work somewhere else.

DeWrecking Crew
BMX Bandit said:

Why would you have a lawyer draft an agreement that the other party isn't going to sign?

Agreed, why spend the money?...but a conversation with a supervisor just asking them if they'll agree to sign it, if you get one, will be enough to get the point across.
Tanya 93
Ol Rock said:

Sue

2) what other health intrusion are employers allowed
3) young people are not at risk and should defer to the elders to receive priority so firing now is premature at best.
What does Hipaa have to do with this?
BigRobSA
Tanya 93 said:

I would normally agree, but here we have something that actually can affect your life....your ACTUAL life....versus a stupid ****ing cake.

They're not even remotely similar.
"The Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution was never designed to restrain the people. It was designed to restrain the government."
MarathonAg12
Not even the US Army is forcing Soldiers to get vaccines
Tanya 93
BigRobSA said:

Tanya 93 said:

I would normally agree, but here we have something that actually can affect your life....your ACTUAL life....versus a stupid ****ing cake.

I disagree and get why she should be able to able to refuse a job requirement according to you.

But it is a daycare

She can work somewhere else if she is too good to do what they ask of their employees concerning vaccines

cevans_40
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Not the same
Tanya 93
MarathonAg12 said:

Not even the US Army is forcing Soldiers to get vaccines
Well then she can enlist

Pay is better
BigRobSA
Tanya 93 said:

BigRobSA said:

Tanya 93 said:

I disagree and get why she should be able to able to refuse a job requirement according to you.

But it is a daycare

She can work somewhere else if she is too good to do what they ask of their employees concerning vaccines

Right, a daycare. Where her charges are literally immune to this weak *****

Oh, the yuge manatee.
maxag42
Really? Wow. Lol okay.
TxTarpon
Sorry, private bidness gonna private bidness.
At will means just that.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
Tanya 93
cevans_40 said:

Tanya 93 said:

Not the same
Disagree

She can work somewhere else.

They require it

If she refuses to get one, get a different job

And before this **** starts, I think requiring a vaccine is stupid.

But so many of you love this to play this game about what a job wants and you can do it or leave.

Well, she can leave and find a different one
backintexas2013
AG
Down with this. Also thinking firing fat people and smokers to help with health insurance premiums should also be legal.
BMX Bandit
backintexas2013 said:

Down with this. Also thinking firing fat people and smokers to help with health insurance premiums should also be legal.

Where is it illegal to fire fats & smokers?
Cassius
Sue them
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.