Only half of young Brits are attracted exclusively to the opposite sex

7,454 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Rossticus
torrid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This will probably lead to a terrible Austin Powers remake.
GenericAggie
AG
W G A S?

Seriously.
Kevin83
In fairnesss to the brits , a hole is a hole.
I Like Mike
AG
The men of Rorke's Drift are rolling in their graves. Long live the Empire?
Maroon Dawn
AG
Clob94 said:

Just had this convo with a buddy of mine the other day.

His theory ---- "TV and movies have made it chic to be curious about the same sex. It also allows kids to be against the norm. And kids mostly want to find a way to stand out, especially those that CAN'T stand out, so they find a way to stand out via their sexual preference curiosities."

This

It's your ticket to victimhood for young white liberals who hate themselves and crave it as a status symbol within the leftist power hierarchy. Just claim to be curious about the same sex and bam: you're LGBT now and an official Victim!
AgResearch
AG
If this leads to more "two chicks at the same time" who am I to complain?
Slyfox07
AG
Have y'all ever read the book "Forever War"?

It's a Sci-Fi novel that deals with the implications of relativity and time dilation.

Basically a soldier in the future comes out of light speed travel and like 900 years have passed...and the entire world has gone gay.

Being straight is now deviant.

Maybe that's where the UK is headed.
Faustus
Quote:

Only half of young Brits are attracted exclusively to the opposite sex.

We should have seen this coming. Only 1/10 of young Brits think straight teeth are sexy.
Muy
AG
So humans are evolving (devolving) at such a rapid pace that now half of them are bisexual and not merely idiots desperate to fit in?

BS
Slyfox07
AG
Muy said:

So humans are evolving (devolving) at such a rapid pace that now half of them are bisexual and not merely idiots desperate to fit in?

BS
Assuming there is a biological component to sexual preference (and I believe there is) it seems like it would be nearly impossible to get an objective measurement of what percentage of the population is gay.

Complicated by ever shifting variables like:

1) Social norms and pressures

2) A desire to fit in with what's "cool"

3) Shades of gray in terms of preference (Can somebody be 80% straight and only 20% gay?)
Biggame12
AG
This is totally fine for girls....
JobSecurity
AG
Aligns with my college experience where men liked women and women liked everyone
infinity ag
Clob94 said:

His theory ---- "TV and movies have made it chic to be curious about the same sex. It also allows kids to be against the norm. And kids mostly want to find a way to stand out, especially those that CAN'T stand out, so they find a way to stand out via their sexual preference curiosities."

You make a good point and I agree.

But the reality also is that one is gay or one is not. Pretending to be gay/bi or whatever else is just a mask unless one really is that way.
Clob94
infinity ag said:

Clob94 said:

You make a good point and I agree.

But the reality also is that one is gay or one is not. Pretending to be gay/bi or whatever else is just a mask unless one really is that way.
Oh I don't disagree. But let me tell you first hand that there were A LOT of girls in Austin in the mid 90s on campus that identified as hetero but would get down with you and another girl-- with the right amount of tequila in them.
Rossticus
People that get worked up over gay people make me laugh. At them.
Slyfox07
AG
Rossticus said:

People that get worked up over gay people make me laugh. At them.
Nobody seems worked up, but you don't think it's at least noteworthy social commentary when HALF of a population now identifies as homosexual?
bmks270
AG
A more insightful question might be asking how many have had sexual relations with the same sex.
wcb
AG
wbt5845 said:

Further proof that homosexuality is a choice. No way the species could propagate if anything but a small percentage truly had this deviancy.
I'll go to my grave not understanding how you put 10 guys on one island, 10 girls on another, and expect life beyond the current generation for either. This is not a gay bashing statement, simply a scientific fact.
schmellba99
AG
Roster4Ag said:

A population doesnt just get more and more homosexual while it's overall native born population declines. It's very obvious that it's something either being imposed or a social contagion. So yes, it does affect me and it does affect the west.
This.

Especially when other populations are increasing in numbers at rates that far exceed anything in western Europe or the US.

Tanya 93
wcb said:

wbt5845 said:

Further proof that homosexuality is a choice. No way the species could propagate if anything but a small percentage truly had this deviancy.
I'll go to my grave not understanding how you put 10 guys on one island, 10 girls on another, and expect life beyond the current generation for either. This is not a gay bashing statement, simply a scientific fact.
Well, life isn't men and women living in separate places.

But I don't understand this board's obsession with homosexuality.

It is constant from the non gays.
Grapesoda2525
Dan Patrick would be fuming with rage while viewing this thread.
Caliber
AG
There are so many ways to word questions to get this kind of "result".
WHOOP!'91
AG
wcb said:

wbt5845 said:

Is there at least a 1 in 10 chance of surviving a swim from 1 island to the next?
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

FriskyGardenGnome
AG
Now do the French!
Eliminatus
AG
Mayor West said:

How was the wording? For instance, I can find guys attractive without being attracted to them

Exactly. I am pretty damn straight and even I can recognize some men are just extremely good looking. That is simply truth. Doesn't mean I want to be in them. Or them in me.

Exceptions exist always of course but don't count. Like Brad Pitt a la Troy time frame. I'd drain that man like a Capri Sun and come back for more. No homo though and definitely doesn't count. He doesn't wear boots in that film.
doubledog
The English joke:
Scotland where the men are men and the sheep are scared.
It now appears to be true for all of Great Brittan.
richardag
captkirk said:

Not sure I believe this

Quote:

In a sign that attitudes towards expressing sexuality are shifting, a survey of 18 to 24 year-olds in the UK found just over 50 per cent are 'only attracted to those of the opposite sex'.

As the age groups got older, the proportion of people who were only attracted to the opposite sex got higher, The Times reports.

Countless celebrities have revealed they are attracted to both sexes in recent years including model Cara Delevingne, Riverdale actress Lili Reinhart, pop star Miley Cyrus, Will Smith's daughter Willow and actor Keiynan Lonsdale.

Of those aged between 41 to 54, the survey found 76 per cent were solely attracted to the opposite sex but 81 per cent of 55 to 75 year olds gave the same answer, the Ipsos Mori poll found.
https://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2021/02/poll-half-young-brits-attracted-exclusively-opposite-sex/

I don't believe this at all.
The budget should be balanced, the treasury should be refilled, npublic debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome become bankrupt.
People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.
-- Cicero, 55 B.C.
Clob94
WHOOP!'91 said:

wcb said:

wbt5845 said:

Is there at least a 1 in 10 chance of surviving a swim from 1 island to the next?
With all due respect, there's no way you could "word" a question that would make ne say "yes" to having another dude put his luggage in my trunk.
WHOOP!'91
AG
Clob94 said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

wcb said:

wbt5845 said:

With all due respect, there's no way you could "word" a question that would make ne say "yes" to having another dude put his luggage in my trunk.
You and me both, my friend. I was just thinking of a way the race could perpetuate with 10 men on one island and 10 women on another. Is there a submarine route, like between Biden and Epstein islands?

I guess I can tell if a dude is good-looking, but would under no circumstances want any exchange of bodily fluids of any kind.
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

annie88
AG
Never really got the bisexual thing.

How can you be equally sexually attracted to two different sexes.

One or the other I get.

But none of my business what people do in their own lives but I've always thought it was really odd.
Currently a happy listless vessel and deplorable. #FJB TRUMP 2024.
No Spin Ag
Tanya 93 said:

If you are straight, why does this matter to you?

This board's obsession with homosexuality from the posts of "straight men" is kinda weird.

So you're saying that perhaps, "they doth protest too much."
WHOOP!'91
AG
No Spin Ag said:

Tanya 93 said:

If you are straight, why does this matter to you?

This board's obsession with homosexuality from the posts of "straight men" is kinda weird.

So you're saying that perhaps, "they doth protest too much."
Meh, a study was released, we're discussing it. Doesn't seem all that obsession-y to me.
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Here is what I know. If I were a women I would be a lesbian.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
WHOOP!'91 said:

Clob94 said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

wcb said:

wbt5845 said:

You and me both, my friend. I was just thinking of a way the race could perpetuate with 10 men on one island and 10 women on another. Is there a submarine route, like between Biden and Epstein islands?

I guess I can tell if a dude is good-looking, but would under no circumstances want any exchange of bodily fluids of any kind.

I wonder if it wasn't worded something like that. I have a female friend who is quite beautiful. I can easily see she is beautiful and can appreciate that beauty. I don't want to do sexual things with her, though. Do I think she is attractive and understand why men hit on her? Absolutely. Do I want to do to her what those men do? No. But if asked if I think she is attractive, I would answer yes. So, if the question were worded in a certain word, I would have to answer that I find both sexes attractive. But I'm sexually attracted only to men.
SchizoAg
AG
This is not news. All women are bisexual, hence 50% of the population is not solely attracted to the opposite sex.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.