Only half of young Brits are attracted exclusively to the opposite sex

7,460 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Rossticus
Hammerly High Dive Crips
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SchizoAg said:

This is not news. All women are bisexual, hence 50% of the population is not solely attracted to the opposite sex.
LOL, that may be a bit extreme, but I do believe that many of them are on the spectrum at least and that their sexuality is a lot more fluid...especially since it is more rooted in or influenced by emotion/emotional baggage/trauma etc.

I know of a handful of girls who had crazy daddy issues or came out of a horrible marriage and then just magically became lesbian. Their sexuality is pretty different than ours.
Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
JYDog90
AG
BuddysBud said:

"Progressive" programming at work.
What is traditionally immoral becomes the norm and what is traditionally moral becomes sin.

Up is down. Good is bad. Bad is good.
I'm reading a book right now that speaks to this phenomenon and how we got here. Trueman's basic premise is that this isn't a problem that just showed up on our shores in the 1960's, this is something that goes back to Rousseau and Romanticism and was aided along by Nietzsche, Marx, Darwin, et al:

https://www.amazon.com/Rise-Triumph-Modern-Self-Individualism/dp/1433556332/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=carl+trueman&qid=1614643301&sr=8-2
WestAustinAg
AG
Fightin TX Aggie said:

I don't believe this fake news, but it does go to show the constant narrative game the leftists play with sexuality.

When it is convenient, the narrative is, "Homosexuality is not a choice. Gays were born this way."

Then, when it is convenient for other reasons, the narrative is, "Of course sexuality is a choice."
Truth. 100% Truth.
Shanked Punt
Are people still that uptight about the notion of a guy liking a guy, or girl liking a girl that this still bothers them? Society has moved past that.
monarch
S
I don't either. Either way, trying to normalize homosexuality is disturbing.

Cant convince me that homosexuals themselves are normal. In anything.
Peace for Ukraine!
monarch
S
Maybe "society" has but a lot of individuals haven't. Frankly, I dont give a rats ass what somebody does, just dont let me know about it or see it or get it stuffed in my face that I dont like they are doing. Aint normal stuff folks.
Peace for Ukraine!
A Net Full of Jello
AG
SchizoAg said:

This is not news. All women are bisexual, hence 50% of the population is not solely attracted to the opposite sex.

I'm a woman and I'm not bi.
sincereag
The prominemt practice of homosexuality is a sign of a depraved society who has ignored God and doesn't believe that He exists. This depravity of human beings is explained in Romans chapter 1 in the Bible.
Stressboy
AG
I have zero obsessions with homosexuality. But this shift in society is worthy of discussion as it is totally artificial.

People born gay are a very small number 1-3% and I know for a fact many of them don't understand this socially created phenomenon.

These numbers for attraction mirror the explosion in young people having gender identity issues by the way. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/culture-mind-and-brain/201811/why-is-transgender-identity-the-rise-among-teens%3famp

This is just the lesser end of the spectrum.

Causes could be attention seeking, status seeking(identity politics) or desperation by lonely people to be loved no matter what they must do.

Understanding the cause and the ramifications is needed but if it is shown to be self-destructive we know the idiots pushing this won't care because they love destabilization.
TxAgPreacher
S
Tanya 93 said:

wcb said:

wbt5845 said:

Further proof that homosexuality is a choice. No way the species could propagate if anything but a small percentage truly had this deviancy.
I'll go to my grave not understanding how you put 10 guys on one island, 10 girls on another, and expect life beyond the current generation for either. This is not a gay bashing statement, simply a scientific fact.
Well, life isn't men and women living in separate places.

But I don't understand this board's obsession with homosexuality.

It is constant from the non gays.

Maybe it's because most of us believe what God says about them: 1 Corinthians 6:910 (ESV): Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

They aren't going to heaven, unless they repent, and don't practice.

Or maybe it's because they shove it down our throats with endless propaganda, and TV programming. We are concerned with our children.

Or maybe it's because it's one of the only sin's in the bible that they try to convince you that not only is it ok, but you're a bigot/horrible person if you disagree with it at all.
Daddy
AG
Clob94 said:

Just had this convo with a buddy of mine the other day.

His theory ---- "TV and movies have made it chic to be curious about the same sex. It also allows kids to be against the norm. And kids mostly want to find a way to stand out, especially those that CAN'T stand out, so they find a way to stand out via their sexual preference curiosities."

Does being chic make you want to cram your weiner up an male anus. I'll go that other direction Tim.
HowdyTexasAggies
AG
Shanked Punt said:

Are people still that uptight about the notion of a guy liking a guy, or girl liking a girl that this still bothers them? Society has moved past that.

No....it never will because they don't want anyone to move past it. They want to be glorified.
JB99
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

People with higher trait openness and agreeableness that are attracted to liberalism and progressivism have adopted the ideological values system of the progressive left, which includes competitive and hierarchical virtue signaling of acceptance of certain social practices or, better yet, membership in certain preferred social groupings related to identity politics and intersectionality. Claiming group membership in smaller traditionally oppressed groups lends instant higher social status and credit on leftist social hierarchies, and as is much with the left, the claim is adequate, and assertions are not challenged and tested. It's easy therefore for these loose claims of group membership to be made for personal advantage and in the age of public virtue signaling, people want these things to be known.

Having seen this playout with someone close to me, I think this is accurate. It really has less to do with sex and attraction and more to do with social status.
Cassius
Stressboy said:

People born gay are a very small number 1-3% and I know for a fact many of them don't understand this socially created phenomenon.

That is pure conjecture.
B-1 83
AG
Clob94 said:

Just had this convo with a buddy of mine the other day.

His theory ---- "TV and movies have made it chic to be curious about the same sex. It also allows kids to be against the norm. And kids mostly want to find a way to stand out, especially those that CAN'T stand out, so they find a way to stand out via their sexual preference curiosities."

Winner!
Kozmozag
With the coming age of gene editing, mixed with youth transitioning will be the end of gay men.
Stressboy
AG
Cassius said:

Stressboy said:

That is pure conjecture.

The stats for gay men and lesbians have always tracked 2-4% for men and 1-2% for women.

It is conjecture on my part that they are born gay but I believe there are people BORN gay just like people are born with any number of other traits both good and bad. One ancient study in the 50s or 60s noted a higher number of gay men were born during the war years 1942-1945 for example. This could have meant that changes in diet from rationing or even psychological stress on the mother could have affected the baby's development. This current trend is abnormal.

To believe homosexuality is 100% choice would mean you must rationalize that bipolar is a choice for example to make the logical leap that people's brain wiring at birth does not affect their decision making capabilities.
PanzerAggie06
AG
monarch said:

Maybe "society" has but a lot of individuals haven't. Frankly, I dont give a rats ass what somebody does, just dont let me know about it or see it or get it stuffed in my face that I dont like they are doing. Aint normal stuff folks.

Haha. That is one amazing pile of disingenuous crap. "I don't care about gays, I just don't want to see it or hear about it." You clearly do give a rats ass. Just man up and admit it.
Rossticus
slyfox07 said:

Rossticus said:

People that get worked up over gay people make me laugh. At them.
Nobody seems worked up, but you don't think it's at least noteworthy social commentary when HALF of a population now identifies as homosexual?

Nah. It'll work itself out. Eventually the not so gay ones will get horny enough to mate again and equilibrium will be reached. A couple thousand years ago the percentage of Romans who identified as not completely straight was pretty high. They managed to procreate and spread aplenty.
Rossticus
NVM

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.