Ted Cruz flies to Cancun tonight Feb 17

60,668 Views | 948 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by polarice
agjacent
How long do you want to ignore this user?
While millions of Texans are without power and water in subzero temperatures, Ted Cruz flew to Cancun for a vacation.

AggieIce
AG
K
RossG_2
AG
So there's now fewer people in Texas to use power and water. Makes sense.
Waffledynamics
AG
Dumb, bad form move on Cruz's part.
uncover&humpit
AG
Got him?
coconutED
AG
What do you want him (a US Senator) to do?
dmart90
AG
It's he planning to record a message to Texans telling them not to do something he's already done?
BusterAg
AG
He's a US senator. He's not even part of the state government.

The time for him to bring the hammer is in a couple of weeks when everything is back online. Hold people accountable with the bully pulpit. Not sure what you expect him to do in Texas tonight. Hold a hair dryer up to the NG pipelines?
BCSWguru
Oh noes.
Austin Ag
AG
Elected officials do not have the ability to change statewide energy implementation and management over night. Convince me I'm wrong.
XXXVII
Now that's what I call man made climate change.
JWinTX
agjacent said:

While millions of Texans are without power and water in subzero temperatures, Ted Cruz flew to Cancun for a vacation.

This is a really stupid post and troll attempt
John Fisher Pessimist
AG
United States Senator = Power Generator?
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
I cannot believe he flew commercial. Don't politicians know they are required to fly private???....
snowdog90
You're not serious with this bull****, are you?

I mean, is your sad little liberal brain so deluded as to be angry with Ted Cruz for taking a vacation?

You have to be joking, right?
lil99chris
AG
.....some people don't have to live in front of a camera like Sheila Jackson Lee.

BTW, if you think an elected government official is going to make things better right now.....I got some tough news for ya!
Rapier108
Quote:

Just par for the course. They get this kind of crap blasted out to them, and then run here thinking they finally have a "we got him!" thread.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
peacedude
AG
Maruchan noodles = spy
Shamwowed
AG
Pathetic. But what should I expect from the biggest chode on earth.

At the very very least, it's bad optics. It would have been smarter for him to wait it out in D.C. until his River Oaks home got cozy enough to return.
CondensedFogAggie

Can you blame him? Ted Cruz likes places that can "perform even basic functions of civilization, like having reliable electricity".

deddog
AG
agjacent said:

Do you get paid for these posts, or do you do this off your own accord for free
agjacent
My parents also went to Mexico tonight - they live in a border town and went to stay with relatives.

Of course, they left because they hadn't had running water in their house in three days.
deddog
AG
CondensedFoggyAggie said:

Can you blame him? Ted Cruz likes places that can "perform even basic functions of civilization, like having reliable electricity".

Oh look another Party member that adds absolutely no value to any thread other than abject negativity.

What a pathetic existence some folks lead.
deddog
AG
agjacent said:

My parents also went to Mexico tonight - they live in a border town and went to stay with relatives.

Of course, they left because they hadn't had running water in their house in three days.
Finally, a lib who actually went to Mexico.
Most always threaten to leave, but none ever do.

Are they minorities? How did they figure it out? I've heard they can't get online.

This dimwit said so....

CampingAg
AG
Are you mad because the internet told you to be mad? He's a US Senator. Do you want him climbing a power pole? Are all government employees banned from family vacation until everyone has power?
agsfan
I don't think this is good form, and I hate when people take pictures of famous people and their families.

But it's incredible how this board can go from, "this is all Biden's fault" to "what does the federal government have to do with it?" so quickly.
CondensedFogAggie
agjacent said:

Sucks. I hope they can return soon to zero damage.
agjacent
deddog said:

agjacent said:

For sure. My parents are huge liberals.

Mexico > Texas
deddog
AG
Rapier108 said:

Quote:

Just par for the course. They get this kind of crap blasted out to them, and then run here thinking they finally have a "we got him!" thread.
They all showed up too.
Maybe we can use this thread to discuss Biden's townhall.

That will make them scurry off again.
deddog
AG
agjacent said:

deddog said:

agjacent said:

For sure. My parents are huge liberals.

Mexico > Texas
You should move, also why do your parents live in Texas if Mexico > Texas?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Lol at ol Pepaw trying to tactfully explain that minorities don't know how to internets.

What a time to be alive!
rangerdanger
AG
Whatever your stance, this is the moment Greg Abbot's prayers were answered.
agjacent

agjacent said:

Thanks. The house'll be fine, no burst pipes or anything. Just that the water failed and four days without a shower and running out of tub water to flush the toilet was my mother's limit. They tried to get a hotel but the ones that have power and water were all booked up.
CondensedFogAggie
agjacent said:

agjacent said:

Thanks. The house'll be fine, no burst pipes or anything. Just that the water failed and four days without a shower and running out of tub water to flush the toilet was my mother's limit. They tried to get a hotel but the ones that have power and water were all booked up.

Thats awesome, for what its worth, in that situation.
geoag58
AG
JWinTX said:

agjacent said:

Consider the source
Fight against the dictatorship of the federal bureaucracy!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.