What's your most politically incorrect opinion?

20,010 Views | 392 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Pelayo
Rachel 98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
L1TexAg95 said:

Agree, my most controversial stance is that not everyone should be allowed to vote.

It's encouraging/enlightening to see how many other people on here agree! There would be many different ways to go about deciding who can and who can't, but there is more support for the basic idea that too many people are currently voting than I would have thought.
Maacus
waitwhat? said:

I stumbled across an Entertainment board thread titled "What's your worst opinion" but thought I was on f16 and was prepared for an incredible thread.

But it wasn't f16, so I'll start it here.

What is your most controversial, politically incorrect opinion?

Mine: straight, white, Christian men have been the greatest liberators for all races, sexes, and creeds in history and it isn't even remotely close; except for the Big Man Himself, Jesus.
I think you and I are of the same opinion.
taxpreparer
AG
You are responsible for you; not me , not the government. Leave us alone.
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
Cartographer
This reminds me of every conversation with my more liberal friends about the subject.

I often propose full welfare for people if they choose it. But the conditions will be such that you live in govt housing, have enough food to fit your basic caloric needs, medical care at a localized clinic, and access to educational resources through a library. Then you're free to get a job and or live the vagrant lifestyle.
But the question they can never answer is where do you stop after that? Do we need to subsidize a 50k/year existence for everyone in the country? Do we have to give everyone the trappings of modern society?

I always side with make welfare uncomfortable so people want to get out of it but available for those in need.
aTmAg
AG
People who are a net recipient of government money (either directly or indirectly) should not be able to vote. That includes welfare recipients, government employees, government contractor employees (including myself), etc.
JamesBREI06
AG
aTmAg said:

People who are a net recipient of government money (either directly or indirectly) should not be able to vote. That includes welfare recipients, government employees, government contractor employees (including myself), etc.

I'm down for this. It would be the biggest red wave ever.
HollywoodBQ
AG
I Am A Critic said:

Being a veteran makes you no more special, important, or smarter than anyone else. I can't stand veterans who constantly remind people of their service act like their opinion matters more bc they served. See Crenshaw, Dan, etc.
I don't know how often Crenshaw reminds people he's a Former Navy Seal other than every time you look at him because he's missing a freaking eye. I don't think it's any concious effort he puts in and he's certainly not looking for a handout because of his service related disability.

An example of putting in effort to let you know that somebody is a veteran is the Black guy who cleans windows in the drive thru line at the In N Out Burger in Studio City.

Guy holds a cardboard sign that says, "USMC Veteran, will clean windows for tips".

He's letting you know that he's not a threatening Black guy, he's actually a good guy and he wants to work and earn money for providing a useful service.

Am I going to go pull the guy's DD-214? No, but, I'll gladly take him at his word. And if I needed my windows cleaned, I'd throw him a few bucks.

We need more Americans like that dude.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Rachel 98 said:

L1TexAg95 said:

Agree, my most controversial stance is that not everyone should be allowed to vote.

It's encouraging/enlightening to see how many other people on here agree! There would be many different ways to go about deciding who can and who can't, but there is more support for the basic idea that too many people are currently voting than I would have thought.
People like my sister who are on the YangGang and believe the Government is going to give you $1,000/mo "for free" have proven they are too dumb to be allowed to vote.
titan
S
SLAM said:

Quote:

People with a high time preference are incapable of contributing to civil society. Time preference is in turn proportional to IQ, where there are significant racial differences on average.

The time preference argument seems to have something to it. Wish knew a good book to read on it. But less inclined to tie it to IQ -- or at least the kind associated with the tests we do to determine it. I am very skeptical of IQ because so many in academia and the Left claim it, but from what you see in the Democratic Party leadership, it is just not really there. It must be a flaw of how measured.

Too often those of just a basic kind of smarts are really bright, and come up with very clever solutions to problems. You especially see this with the U.S. military below officer level. Absolutely ingenuis solutions on the fly, and yet didn't go to academy.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
c-jags
I'm not against a poll test or not allowing voting unless you're a net positive tax payer.

I don't want anybody's vote taken away in actuality but when people figured out they could vote themselves into money we started going downhill.
HollywoodBQ
AG
panduh bear said:

This reminds me of every conversation with my more liberal friends about the subject.

I often propose full welfare for people if they choose it. But the conditions will be such that you live in govt housing, have enough food to fit your basic caloric needs, medical care at a localized clinic, and access to educational resources through a library. Then you're free to get a job and or live the vagrant lifestyle.
But the question they can never answer is where do you stop after that? Do we need to subsidize a 50k/year existence for everyone in the country? Do we have to give everyone the trappings of modern society?

I always side with make welfare uncomfortable so people want to get out of it but available for those in need.
I'm of the opinion that welfare recipients should be housed in government facilities at a location of the government's choosing. Mega City One, Aspen, Texas City, etc.

Not everyone should get to live in the Capital District. Only those who can afford it.
javajaws
AG
Not all people deserve an equal vote.
HollywoodBQ
AG
aTmAg said:

I like it. Can you imagine how few eligible voters would be left in Virginia?
TRADUCTOR
The 2nd amendment is useful in word only against an oppressive corrupt government.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Sharia Law isn't all bad.

If we had public beheadings of murderers in the town square, our homicide rate would plummet.
titan
S
HollywoodBQ said:

aTmAg said:

Quote:

I like it. Can you imagine how few eligible voters would be left in Virginia?

In a way it certainly makes sense. Something like how active military officers do not comment on politics- presumed way too close to the source and vested in it. You only hear from retired ones, or are supposed to.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."
30wedge
Tanya 93 said:

We should pay women 1000 dollars for the 5 year implant in order not to have kids
Can be repeated until menopause

Plus, we will pay for the surgery and any missed work for a hysterectomy
Free vasectomies as well. Four bags of frozen peas will be provided when leaving
One time payment (to those who reach the age of 18) in exchange for being spayed or neutered. Spinner rims, iPad, iPhone, Air Jordans, a few months supply of drugs of their choice. Choose two or three from a list and get fixed. It would be much cheaper than dealing with their riff raff children and grandchildren and would reduce the number of future democrats.
cheeky
AG
Voting at all levels should be limited to binary, heterosexual U.S. citizens ages 21-79, with a valid ID, in person, with a verified tax return, no criminal history at least a High School education and minimum IQ of 85.

Problems solved.
jagvocate
AG
Women shouldn't enter a profession until their kids go off to college.
Aust Ag
AG
Shakes the Clown said:

You should pass some sort of simple, short questionnaire on the basic fundamentals of our government, how it was founded and who are some of its leaders; before you get the privilege to vote.
I agree. I've seen similar post like this on this thread, but I wish somebody would come up with an argument against this, I would like to see that, why would someone not be for what you are proposing?
SLAM
Old RV Ag said:

Aggie12B said:

The English privateer ship White Lion should have been sunk off the Virginia coastline in 1619.

blm is a Terrorist organization.
Surely you mean the ship should have sunk off the coast of Africa BEFORE the slaves were loaded and not off Virginia with a load of people onboard.

I'll go one further. The US should have never brought slaves to the US and instead used an indentured servitude system that Europe already used for agriculture. We would have been infinitely more stable long term, significantly wealthier, and would never have had the racial issues that later developed.
Old RV Ag
AG
SLAM said:

Old RV Ag said:

Aggie12B said:

The English privateer ship White Lion should have been sunk off the Virginia coastline in 1619.

Surely you mean the ship should have sunk off the coast of Africa BEFORE the slaves were loaded and not off Virginia with a load of people onboard.

I'll go one further. The US should have never brought slaves to the US and instead used an indentured servitude system that Europe already used for agriculture. We would have been infinitely more stable long term, significantly wealthier, and would never have had the racial issues that later developed.
We had an indentured servitude system in parallel. Agree should not have brought slaves.
SLAM
titan said:

SLAM said:

Quote:

People with a high time preference are incapable of contributing to civil society. Time preference is in turn proportional to IQ, where there are significant racial differences on average.

The time preference argument seems to have something to it. Wish knew a good book to read on it. But less inclined to tie it to IQ -- or at least the kind associated with the tests we do to determine it. I am very skeptical of IQ because so many in academia and the Left claim it, but from what you see in the Democratic Party leadership, it is just not really there. It must be a flaw of how measured.

Too often those of just a basic kind of smarts are really bright, and come up with very clever solutions to problems. You especially see this with the U.S. military below officer level. Absolutely ingenuis solutions on the fly, and yet didn't go to academy.

The higher the IQ, the lower your time preference. This has been repeatedly provable. This means you are able to wait longer as you work towards a reward in the end. This is why most criminals tend to be very dumb.
Tanya 93
There is nothing wrong with unnatural hair colors
Old RV Ag
AG
jagvocate said:

Women shouldn't enter a profession until their kids go off to college.
So you want male nurses giving you sponge baths?
SLAM
Old RV Ag said:

SLAM said:

Old RV Ag said:

Aggie12B said:

We had an indentured servitude system in parallel. Agree should not have brought slaves.

And it should have been the only method used. Slaves inhibited technological development.
Forty Twice
AG
Mine is that fossil fuel-derived power has been the greatest liberator for all races, sexes, and creeds in history and it isn't even remotely close
Mas89
AG
Interstate 69 runs both directions. If you don't like America, choose a different country. Mexico or Canada. Adios Mo Fo.
infinity ag
Most women reach high places because of a man (but don't give due credit and pretend they did it on their own).

Example: There would be no Hillary for POTUS if she wasn't connected to Bill. There would be no Sarah Palin for VP if not for McCain. There would be no Kamala as VP if not for Biden.

Many female CEOs are also put in place to show female representation in top leadership.
80s Guy
cisgenderedAggie said:

I can eat 50 eggs.

Nobody can eat 50 eggs
TexasAggie81
The Bill of Rights and every other protection afforded to people in the constitution should only be applied to United States citizens. All other citizens do not enjoy these rights. Please make this the 28th amendment.
Change Detection
AG
Anybody saying Black Lives Matter is a divisive fool.
FalconAg06
Authoritarianism is awesome, Freedom has been perverted into something that shields degenerates and parasites, some people are too stupid to know whats best for themselves.

You can tell a lot about a person by the type of physical condition they keep themselves In.

Race is real, and cross racial integretation while possible, will take a ton more effort than it's worth
depriest1022
AG
FalconAg06 said:

Authoritarianism is awesome, Freedom has been perverted into something that shields degenerates and parasites, some people are too stupid to know whats best for themselves.

You can tell a lot about a person by the type of physical condition they keep themselves In.

Race is real, and cross racial integretation while possible, will take a ton more effort than it's worth

Almost agree. I think the term freedom has come to mean "I can do whatever I want - and there shouldn't be consequences when I do stupid things."

Race isn't real. We are humans with different genes, but the determining factor for success is primarily the choices of the individual.
Tanya 93
infinity ag said:

Most women reach high places because of a man (but don't give due credit and pretend they did it on their own).

Example: There would be no Hillary for POTUS if she wasn't connected to Bill. There would be no Sarah Palin for VP if not for McCain. There would be no Kamala as VP if not for Biden.

Many female CEOs are also put in place to show female representation in top leadership.
I think there would be no Bill Clinton if it wasn't for her

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.