Dude shoots attacking rioters

143,720 Views | 1321 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by will25u
Post removed:
by user
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Readzilla said:

Probably the fairest story out of New York Times. Really shows everything Kyle did was in self defense

they conveniently leave out getting kicked and hit in the head with a skateboard
TxAg2009WC
AG
Fightin TX Aggie said:

1. No one should cheer this loss of life. Even if it is self-defense, it is still tragic.

2. This is on the WI governor for not stopping the riots. When there is no law enforcement, there is anarchy, and this is the result of anarchy.
Yeah but have you seen how the riots were deflated after this? It was straight up anarchy on the live streams and was spiraling out of control. Now last night? It was actually just a protest with about half the numbers from before. No looting, no buildings burnt down, no cops attacked or other violence. Total night and day. It was amazing.
93MarineHorn

Quote:

Who is Kyle Rittenhouse?
Mr. Rittenhouse was arrested early Wednesday in his hometown, Antioch, Ill., which is about 30 minutes southwest of the protests in Kenosha, just over the state line.
Multiple posts on his social media accounts proclaim support for pro-police causes like the Blue Lives Matter movement and Humanize the Badge, a nonprofit that he ran a Facebook fund-raiser for on his 16th birthday.
His posts also suggest a strong affinity for guns, with videos showing Mr. Rittenhouse taking backyard target practice, posing with guns and assembling a weapon.
But many details about both his background and his motivations for walking around the Kenosha protests carrying a military-style semi-automatic rifle are still emerging.
Fake news never disappoints. It's amazing how curious they get and all of a sudden want to do their jobs when a perp/suspect is of a certain race and political persuasion. Usually they have to be spoon fed the facts by others before they begrudgingly print the truth, if they print it at all.
aggiehawg
AG
Thanks for posting that as it clears up something for me. There was a question whether Rittenhouse was protecting a car dealership or a gas station. Turns out those are located in the same area possibly next door to one another.
aggiehawg
AG
TxAg2012WC said:

Fightin TX Aggie said:

1. No one should cheer this loss of life. Even if it is self-defense, it is still tragic.

2. This is on the WI governor for not stopping the riots. When there is no law enforcement, there is anarchy, and this is the result of anarchy.
Yeah but have you seen how the riots were deflated after this? It was straight up anarchy on the live streams and was spiraling out of control. Now last night? It was actually just a protest with about half the numbers from before. No looting, no buildings burnt down, no cops attacked or other violence. Total night and day. It was amazing.
That's what a couple thousand National Guardsmen with vehicles and equipment can do for a city under siege.
schmellba99
AG
Fightin TX Aggie said:

That is highly - highly - dependent on the situation.

I'd venture to say that 99.999% of the cases we see here, it is decidedly NOT tragic.
Readzilla
AG
Just look at the twitter videos in the thread
TChaney
WatchOle said:

CumulusChoir said:

This is a perfect example of one of the primary issues facing this country right now. Rioters are destroying property and wrecking cities; I agree, it's awful and completely antithetical to the causes that they purport to support. However, anytime someone brings up a dissenting opinion, they're called a troll or dismissed, and it's not just a problem with conservative spaces like this board. The ideological divide in this country is so stark at the moment that I'm not sure if it can even be amended.
I'd encourage you to go back and reread your initial post. It doesn't come across as a good-faithed attempt to engage the board with a dissenting opinion. That might have been you intent, but it reads as a series of jabs and insults and that's what the board is reacting to.
His intent is to get screenshots for Twitter

B2Ag05
AG
Vader Was Framed said:

B2Ag05 said:

Readzilla said:

Probably the fairest story out of New York Times. Really shows everything Kyle did was in self defense

I was thoroughly shocked. Kudos to that Visual Investigations team.

Regardless of your opinion of the Times, that team does really neat work.
I had capital-L Loved reading the NYT for years. Even as a young conservative. I started reading in/around high school when they were making a big push to online stories.

I was always aware of the left-leaning political coverage, but without many things to compare it to I just consumed the world news as fact. Obviously during the late-Bush and early-Obama periods the accountability journalism started taking over, but they still worked really hard to vet sources and nail down accurate details, even if the headlines were a bit over the top.

Today I continue to read it, but it's mainly as a challenge. I see if I can guess how many paragraphs I'll need to read to see the headline come completely undone; reversing what was written for people just sharing without reading. I've gotten really good at it. Because they're typically not the breaking source, I also usually know what the information will be that will dissolve the premise.

And still, part of me sees them as an historic institution. I'm rooting for them to be better. I want to like the NYT. I blame them for not allowing me to.

It's sad, really.
DTP02
AG
hunter2012 said:

5.11 makes him a LARPer, not the boogeyman. I'm starting to think that the left thinks half the country is in the klan or having mass book-burnings in secret underground stadiums trying to ritually resurrect Hitler or something. I guess to a lib(hammer) every white guy looks like a grand wizard(nail), they really are tools.

Are you not on the email list? I haven't been able to go to the last couple of mass book burnings in the secret underground stadium near me due to work conflicts, but I hope to make the next one. They typically have a good spread.
End Of Message
AG
And this is why TexAgs will have to take a stand at some point. The agitators are not interested in genuine debate or to understand the conservative point of view. They want to punish and silence.
Eliminatus
AG
Do NOT, please for the love of everything holy I say again, do not engage this troll on Twitter. It will validate him and he will keep coming around.

95% of his Twitter posts have zero feedback. Remember the beautiful days when the idiots shouted at the world but you couldn't hear them? Don't respond and it may go back to those glorious times.
Pantera
AG
imagine this being the thing that brings you enjoyment ... sad.
agdaddy04
AG
Looking at his tweets, doesn't look like anyone cares about his "mission". He has no audience
End Of Message
AG
Seems like a super nice guy. Right, he just has a "different" point of view. Wont link here, but, earlier this month, he tweeted this:

Quote:

**** the police.

That is all.
FriscoKid
AG
Eliminatus said:

Do NOT, please for the love of everything holy I say again, do not engage this troll on Twitter. It will validate him and he will keep coming around.

95% of his Twitter posts have zero feedback. Remember the beautiful days when the idiots shouted at the world but you couldn't hear them? Don't respond and it may go back to those glorious times.

It's times like this that I wish the mods would allow name calling.
BanderaAg956
AmC_OldSarge said:

BanderaAg956 said:

AmC_OldSarge said:

P.U.T.U said:

I don't think a kid should be going across state line to protect property that is not his but he felt he could make a difference. There are several pictures of him earlier that day fixing property damage and helping out the locals. The fact the kid was running away, got a malatov cocktail thrown at him, and chased by full grown men is sickening. You wonder what kind of adults can do that and then you see a pedophile, wife beater, and a drunk with a gun. All while the left holds them up on a pedestal.
Why do people keep harping on him going across state lines? Good grief, his hometown is only 21 miles from Kenosha. That is 1/3 of the distance I commute to work each day in Houston.

Antioch to Kenosha

This is just trying to find a reason to find fault with his being there. Up until the point he was forced to defend himself, nothing indicates he was there for malicious purposes.
The real issue with going across state lines is
1) He probably doesn't have a right to have an open carry weapon when he isn't a citizen of Wisconsin.
2) Because he doesn't have a legal right to carry he is looking for a fight.

I love the kids willingness to support property owners and protect people and property but you have to do it lawfully.
Do you know this to be true? Open carrying a long rifle and a side arm are not the same. Wouldn't that put a person hunting Wisconsin, if they are from a surrounding state in jeopardy?

I agree on a rifle and the hunting example. However, I thought the video I saw when he was interviewed he also had a handgun. I could be wrong, given I've seen so many gun toting folks at protests and riots.
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
TRADUCTOR
lol, get him a bucket of chalk STAT!
End Of Message
AG
Class of 2024 racist and coronabro. That is all.
DTP02
AG
CumulusChoir said:

It's pretty neat how people on this forum are just cool with advocating violence against people they disagree with.

Strawman argument; no one is saying that.

Quote:

Open dialogue gives way to literal murder, which is fine if it's the police or a "good guy with a gun" doing it.

The word murder actually has a specific legal meaning. Killing someone in self defense is not murder.

Quote:

Of course, y'all don't view it as murder, huh? In the eyes of freedom-loving Republicans, getting gunned down by police is the obvious consequence of not bowing down to government authority.

Obeying lawful directions from police is not "bowing down to government authority." More than 99% of people killed by police would be alive if they had obeyed lawful directions from police. If black lives actually matter to BLM, start with that lesson.

Quote:

And no, I'm not some Biden-supporting commie-BLM-Antifa whatever that y'all like to claim everyone who goes against the hivemend on this board is.

Great job embodying the Aggie spirit, y'all.

I have no idea what you are besides an intellectually dishonest troll or perhaps just someone who's not very bright.

I have no idea what the Aggie Spirit has to do with this, but I was taught to think critically and help others, which is wholly inconsistent with your views as espoused here.
tsuag10
AG
Eliminatus said:

SIAP - Posting history says he's a freshman this year. I would certainly agree that engaging an 18 yr old on Twitter is generally a terrible idea.
End Of Message
AG
Why does the left constantly lie?

Quote:

And no, I'm not some Biden-supporting commie-BLM-Antifa whatever that y'all like to claim everyone who goes against the hivemend on this board is.

Great job embodying the Aggie spirit, y'all.

His twitter is sports, f the police, and BLM nonsense.
BanderaAg956
Darn, I didn't make the Twitter Trolls list of examples..... I guess I was off my game because I was banned for 24 hours for calling out feral humans deserving what they get.
Liberals are Damn Liars! Terminate Section 230! It has been ONLY 72!hours since my last banning for defending my conservative values against liberal snowflake cupcakes and the LIBERAL Mod’s that protect them! Fairness is a myth! Stop trying to silence us! Decent LAW ABIDING HUMAN BEINGS MATTER and so do our voices. When you protect the wicked, the Anarchist, the deviant, you become One of them!

ALL LIVES MATTER - I support police and motorcycle riders. Patriot Gun Owners Unite!
AgBQ-00
AG
To borrow a phrase from Shapiro..the left argues by saying orange man bad because he's orange and bad. They have no way of supporting what they believe so they repeat a mantra over and over to self soothe themselves when reality does not match what they feel should happen.
FriscoKid
AG
Another leftist that can't win a political debate so we runs to Twitter to have a conversation with himself.
hunter2012
AG
DTP02 said:

hunter2012 said:

5.11 makes him a LARPer, not the boogeyman. I'm starting to think that the left thinks half the country is in the klan or having mass book-burnings in secret underground stadiums trying to ritually resurrect Hitler or something. I guess to a lib(hammer) every white guy looks like a grand wizard(nail), they really are tools.

Are you not on the email list? I haven't been able to go to the last couple of mass book burnings in the secret underground stadium near me due to work conflicts, but I hope to make the next one. They typically have a good spread.

I keep getting scrubbed from the list because of my mulatto ancestry. I keep explaining that the Hispanic line is from Spain and not from San Antonio. I file the form every time, but it keeps getting misplaced onto the pyre. It's approaching criminal negligence at this point.
ABATTBQ11
AG
WatchOle said:

CumulusChoir said:

This is a perfect example of one of the primary issues facing this country right now. Rioters are destroying property and wrecking cities; I agree, it's awful and completely antithetical to the causes that they purport to support. However, anytime someone brings up a dissenting opinion, they're called a troll or dismissed, and it's not just a problem with conservative spaces like this board. The ideological divide in this country is so stark at the moment that I'm not sure if it can even be amended.
I'd encourage you to go back and reread your initial post. It doesn't come across as a good-faithed attempt to engage the board with a dissenting opinion. That might have been you intent, but it reads as a series of jabs and insults and that's what the board is reacting to.

Considering the follow up posts about his twitter, is a ban out of the question?
Eliminatus
AG
Ok, new troll has been outted.

Moving back to the conversation at hand, I actually didn't see the shooting video till just now. Arm shot guy was literally point-blank. That's why there was so much damage I believe. Makes sense to me.

I am glad man is getting some legal help, but I can't help but fear for these folk after it is all said and done. Retribution can take a long time and from those earlier FB posts it looks like one arm man laments not killing him. He may have the chance later on.

Good or bad, that young man's life just changed forever and honestly, not for the best. Sucks
TRADUCTOR
FriscoKid said:

Another leftist that can't win a political debate so we runs to Twitter to have a conversation with himself.

I see it as a shout out to the world 'look at meeee! look at meee!'

These kiddos craving attention is pitiful to watch...wait, nope, lol.
aggielostinETX
AG
Tweets above make it clear he is probably is abusing your platform
CanyonAg77
AG
TRADUCTOR
Deats said:

Tweets above make it clear he is probably is abusing your platform

I think he is reading this as I type this out right now and and and just lost my thought
geoag58
AG
Tanya 93 said:

CumulusChoir said:

What do you think about chalk?

Cumulus chair's response"
"In reply to Tanya 93
I think it's ugly, ineffective, and within the right of the university to restrict the use of. This isn't just about the Sully protests either: I really hate seeing frat/sorority recruitment stuff scribbled on the ground"

I want to know how you did it Tanya?

Out of all the great responses to cumm's choir and only you knew he has an interest in chalk and that is what he would respond to!

Bravo Tanya!
dBoy99
AG
Bobcat06 said:

ballchain said:

Victim 1
- Felon - Registered Sex Offender (For Life)
- Domestic Abuser (July 20, 2020)
- Bail Jumping
Calling Mr Rosenbaum a registered sex offender is misleading. It appears that his sentence has expired.

Huh?

He served his jail sentence, but he still has to register and report that he is a registered sex offender for the rest of his life.

Forgive me for using the present tense....

I am part of the problem and you're the victim...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.