Dude shoots attacking rioters

143,677 Views | 1321 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by will25u
Tanya 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CumulusChoir said:

This is a perfect example of one of the primary issues facing this country right now. Rioters are destroying property and wrecking cities; I agree, it's awful and completely antithetical to the causes that they purport to support. However, anytime someone brings up a dissenting opinion, they're called a troll or dismissed, and it's not just a problem with conservative spaces like this board. The ideological divide in this country is so stark at the moment that I'm not sure if it can even be amended.
What do you think about chalk?
Post removed:
by user
cisgenderedAggie
you've made two posts, both of which are pretty much just complaining about the views of other posters. Would you like to start over, perhaps with posting something with substance, or just continue to do what you're complaining about?
CumulusChoir
I think it's ugly, ineffective, and within the right of the university to restrict the use of. This isn't just about the Sully protests either: I really hate seeing frat/sorority recruitment stuff scribbled on the ground.
96ags
AG
CumulusChoir said:

This is a perfect example of one of the primary issues facing this country right now. Rioters are destroying property and wrecking cities; I agree, it's awful and completely antithetical to the causes that they purport to support. However, anytime someone brings up a dissenting opinion, they're called a troll or dismissed, and it's not just a problem with conservative spaces like this board. The ideological divide in this country is so stark at the moment that I'm not sure if it can even be amended.
It's not that you have a dissenting opinion. It not that we necessarily disagree ideologically, and even if we do,
I have tons of friends that I disagree with and we discuss difficult topics all the time.

IT IS that you are immature. You come in to a new place and assume you have something worthy to bestow upon us poor fools. As though we haven't read the impassioned feelings post from others on here.

IT IS that you assume your thoughts are different/better somehow. You refuse to spend time reading. You refuse to inform yourself. You want YOU to be heard now.

As I said earlier, you are trolling.
javajaws
AG
CumulusChoir said:

Since when did self defense become murder? When did throwing molotov cocktails and hitting people over the head become "open dialog"?

Dissenting opinions are great, just be prepared to defend your own inane comments.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin
Post removed:
by user
chase128
AG
Notice how the troll doesn't touch on the fact that the shooter was assaulted and thus was forced to defend himself.
TacosaurusRex
Pretty clever

"If you are reading this, I have passed on from this world — not as big a deal for you as it was for me."
T. Boone Pickens
chimpanzee
I for one am in favor of violence against those trying to burn down businesses, charging at someone with a pistol from within a violent mob and those hitting people that are sitting on the ground in the head with skateboards.

It's the only way this stuff is going to end, and those who are depended upon to lawfully exercise such force are unwilling or unable to do so. You stand up to bullies or you get more intimidation.

If someone feels that, due to some unrelated circumstance that they are morally justified to harm my person or property, and they begin to act on that feeling, then we're done discussing anything.
Tanya 93
Aggiebrewer said:

Tanya, you alright girl
End Of Message
AG
Every person has natural rights, flowing from God. Among those natural rights is the right to defend yourself and family. It is codified into law; it is not murder in any way, shape, or form.

Your "opinion" is wrong, factually, legally, and morally.

I do not just disagree with you, I would say that we have diametrically opposed views of the world that most likely cannot be reconciled.

But, live and let live, just leave me and my family alone.
NCNJ1217
AG
CumulusChoir said:

If you ignore that the shooter clearly, on video, acted in self-defense, then yes many on this board (including myself) are going to assume that you indeed have a Marxist ulterior motive for your post.
Texaggie7nine
The left treats criminals and black Americans like children. They can't help but be violent and destructive. The blame lays on anyone that doesn't get out of their way and let's them do as they want because otherwise they are enticing violence that is inevitable. They see it as no different than walking up to a bear. You should expect the beat to attack, and you cannot blame it, because it doesn't know better.
7nine
BQ_90
AG
Tanya 93 said:

CumulusChoir said:

What do you think about chalk?
boom goes the dynamite
P.U.T.U
AG
I don't think a kid should be going across state line to protect property that is not his but he felt he could make a difference. There are several pictures of him earlier that day fixing property damage and helping out the locals. The fact the kid was running away, got a malatov cocktail thrown at him, and chased by full grown men is sickening. You wonder what kind of adults can do that and then you see a pedophile, wife beater, and a drunk with a gun. All while the left holds them up on a pedestal.
NCNJ1217
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

The left treats criminals and black Americans like children. They can't help but be violent and destructive. The blame lays on anyone that doesn't get out of their way and let's them do as they want because otherwise they are enticing violence that is inevitable. They see it as no different than walking up to a bear. You should expect the beat to attack, and you cannot blame it, because it doesn't know better.
Exactly. If that's the logic that Cumulus is applying here, its a clear indication he's a Marxist.
Rattler12
CumulusChoir said:

It's pretty neat how people on this forum are just cool with advocating violence against people they disagree with. Open dialogue gives way to literal murder, which is fine if it's the police or a "good guy with a gun" doing it.

Of course, y'all don't view it as murder, huh? In the eyes of freedom-loving Republicans, getting gunned down by police is the obvious consequence of not bowing down to government authority.

And no, I'm not some Biden-supporting commie-BLM-Antifa whatever that y'all like to claim everyone who goes against the hivemend on this board is.

Great job embodying the Aggie spirit, y'all.
Maybe not in your world but in my world there is a HUGE difference between advocating violence and supporting one's right to self defense and protecting their own life. There are evil people in this world my friend and peaceful de-escalation rarely works with them.
aTm2004
AG
CumulusChoir said:

Your dissenting opinion leaves out how your fellow liberals are allowing this by vilifying law enforcement and not accepting federal help when offered. As others have said, when your fellow limp wristed libs won't do anything, the citizens will, and in this case, did.
HeadGames
AG
https://gifer.com/en/3mNW
richardag
CumulusChoir said:

It's pretty neat how people on this forum are just cool with advocating violence against people they disagree with. Open dialogue gives way to literal murder, which is fine if it's the police or a "good guy with a gun" doing it.

Of course, y'all don't view it as murder, huh? In the eyes of freedom-loving Republicans, getting gunned down by police is the obvious consequence of not bowing down to government authority.
-in this case the police were trying to arrest a man they knew had a violent past with convictions, he had a weapon.

And no, I'm not some Biden-supporting commie-BLM-Antifa whatever that y'all like to claim everyone who goes against the hivemend on this board is.
-Good for you, but posting without recognizing facts and calling posters names is not conducive for dialogue.

-You just feel the need for one last snarky comment we get it.
IndividualFreedom
CC,

Not to mention it is your own Govt. (Mayor and Gov.) who sat on their political hands, to squash the time tested way of handling these scenarios with local and state police forces. Liberals aka the enemy of this nation are the ones at fault for ALL of this. This includes Bue State government officials, media, and emoticons like you.

But it is not too late to put that in the past. Take a deep breath. Start looking for a fundamental principle to base your daily decisions on. This will lead to quality future decisions. It may even lead you into the voting both come Nov. and vote for Trump. This would be a good starting point.
nortex97
AG
CumulusChoir said:

I bet you've never read Dale Carnegie, have you?

Also, murder is well defined at law, as is manslaughter, as is justifiable self defense, in each state/jurisdiction (there are some significant variations to each). Finally, the investigatory steps/procedures are similarly defined in any officer involved shooting. The laws and regulations are defined by the legislator/city councils/police departments, which all report as well to elected officials, putting 'the people' of a given polis in charge.

Before deigning to condescend to our collective 'problem with dissenting opinions' on this board, consider looking into what policies, laws, and regulations you want to see changed in accordance with the 'peaceful protester's' views.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

Translation: "I've lost the argument before it even started, so I'll accuse everyone else of not being Real Aggies.

Coming up next: I accuse you of not being Real Christians."
fixer
CumulusChoir said:

Now do the violence antifa and BLM are doing.

Got the same critique for them?

No?

hmmm might want to check yourself.
96ags
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

Translation: "I've lost the argument before it even started, so I'll accuse everyone else of not being Real Aggies.

Racist
Rattler12
CumulusChoir said:

I think it's ugly, ineffective, and within the right of the university to restrict the use of. This isn't just about the Sully protests either: I really hate seeing frat/sorority recruitment stuff scribbled on the ground.
Sounds like you really hate a lot of things that are going on now....but are non committal on what to do about them other than express your "feelings" toward others...riding the fence so to speak. One of these days you may just have to climb down on one side or the other.
fixer
CumulusChoir said:

There is an actual insurrection happening. It has real consequences.

Complaining about lack of dialogue?

Go to one of these riots and scream that out loud. See which hospital that lands you in.
HumpitPuryear
AG
hunter2012 said:

5.11 makes him a LARPer, not the boogeyman. I'm starting to think that the left thinks half the country is in the klan or having mass book-burnings in secret underground stadiums trying to ritually resurrect Hitler or something. I guess to a lib(hammer) every white guy looks like a grand wizard(nail), they really are tools.
It comes from the top, Obama and Clinton. It makes it easier, even justifiable, to strip away our rights, particularly the 1st and 2nd amendment rights. It makes it easier to attack Christianity by linking it to white supremacy and nationalism. And eventually it will provide justification for confiscating property and wealth and loading up those non-compliant deplorables for one-way trips in box cars.
AgBQ-00
AG
my feels<actual facts hmmmm seems to be a theme in the nation right now
WestAustinAg
AG
Trump has locked up Wisconsin now.

Can we get BLM/Antifa to go to Pennsylvania, Virginia, Colorado, Florida and Nevada? We need a few points in each of these states.
richardag
CumulusChoir said:

This is a perfect example of one of the primary issues facing this country right now. Rioters are destroying property and wrecking cities; I agree, it's awful and completely antithetical to the causes that they purport to support.
-Some would argue that you have mistaken "the causes" rioters support. Do the rioters support black lives matter or the organization Black LIves Matter which is a Marxist based organization with the stated goal of the destruction of the US as we know it. Before you answer consider the backgrounds of the people being raised to martyrdom by the left. They include sexual predators, perpetrators of domestic abuse and other assorted convictions for felony offenses. You really think these people support justice?

However, anytime someone brings up a dissenting opinion, they're called a troll or dismissed, and it's not just a problem with conservative spaces like this board. The ideological divide in this country is so stark at the moment that I'm not sure if it can even be amended.
-People are tired of being attacked unrelentingly as racist, misogynists and other exceptionally derogatory terms(not necessarily by you) and react to ill thought out posts like yours. Especially when your opinion is not factually based.
CanyonAg77
AG
96ags said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

Racist
I'm probably bigoted and homophobic, too.
NCNJ1217
AG
WestAustinAg said:

Trump has locked up Wisconsin now.

Can we get BLM/Antifa to go to Pennsylvania, Virginia, Colorado, Florida and Nevada? We need a few points in each of these states.

BrotherChad
AG
P.U.T.U said:

I don't think a kid should be going across state line to protect property that is not his but he felt he could make a difference. There are several pictures of him earlier that day fixing property damage and helping out the locals. The fact the kid was running away, got a malatov cocktail thrown at him, and chased by full grown men is sickening. You wonder what kind of adults can do that and then you see a pedophile, wife beater, and a drunk with a gun. All while the left holds them up on a pedestal.
Conservs can't go across state lines but its completely fine for the Leftist to. Ok got it

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.