Texas Shutdown Tomorrow [Thread started 7/5/20]

31,889 Views | 185 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by riverrataggie
halfastros81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd be totally shocked if a Texas shutdown were announced. I think the rumor is false.
AgGrad99
AG
What percentage is 33 out of 30,000,000?

'Cause that's our current death rate, even with the number of cases spiking.

And the first person who uses the words 'lagging indicator' loses. That's been said for 3 weeks now.
murphyag
AG
agsalaska said:

Science Denier said:

So, is the State going to remain open?
What about this football season?
I have zero expectations of a football season. Hopefully the high schools play, but I will be pretty surprised if A&M plays at this point. Could be wrong though.

For some reason I can see A&M playing football before high schools would. I don't know why. That's just my feeling.
Nitro Power
AG
Calm down....you need to give it a couple of weeks, since there is a lag in death vs. cases.
AgGrad99
AG
crowman2010
AG
AgGrad99 said:

What percentage is 33 from 30 million?

Cause that's our current death rate, even with the number of cases spiking.

And the first person who uses the words 'lagging indicator' loses. That's been said for 3 weeks months now.
FIFY
DW91AG95
AG
Really?
MooreTrucker
AG
Nah, this is just another lame thread so the non-COVID gang can b-tch about Abbott.
HTownAg98
At this rate, the Reasonabilists have a better track record on prediction accuracy.
Hail Zorp. Long live Zorp.
Signel
AG
Rapier108 said:

rgag12 said:

I don't think it's true. Hospitals and deaths are not out of control.

In fact, shutting down in the first place is why we are seeing a spike in cases. If you shut down again you are kicking the can down the road, AGAIN
All of the big counties are demanding the governor give them the power to shut down/lock down again. They say if they don't, the hospitals will be overwhelmed and we'll become Italy or worse.
That is not true. 3 of the 4 big counties in DFW are NOT doing this.
annie88
AG
halfastros81 said:

I'd be totally shocked if a Texas shutdown were announced. I think the rumor is false.

It better ****ing be. What we're doing right now is bull**** enough. I swear, Abbott better not win reelection. He went from being a strong leader like the Florida governor to a piece of **** coward who not only backtracked but doubled down on the stupidity and went to far.
I Like Mike
AG
So this happening or nah?
Ag06Law
AG
I don't know, I haven't been to hobby lobby today to ask anyone.
Charpie
AG
Ag06Law said:

I don't know, I haven't been to hobby lobby today to ask anyone.
TwelveA
CalebMcCreary06 said:

So this happening or nah?
Doesn't matter. The rumor generated 24 hrs of outrage by the MAGA CV deniers, which was no doubt its purpose.

Nitro Power
AG
That's because it is closed. Duh
Dazed and Confused
AG
Would love to see the data source as Florida has been averaging approx 300 deaths per week. Hopefully the person who posted this verified it and can show us the source. Due diligence.

annie88 said:

88planoAg
AG
Dazed and Confused said:

Would love to see the data source as Florida has been averaging approx 300 deaths per week. Hopefully the person who posted this verified it and can show us the source. Due diligence.

annie88 said:

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/07/05/coronavirus-cases-in-florida-tops-200000/
I Like Mike
AG
No it matters. I have stuff in July that literally hangs in the monarchical hands of Gov Abbott. Would like to know more...
erudite
CalebMcCreary06 said:

No it matters. I have stuff in July that literally hangs in the monarchical hands of Gov Abbott. Would like to know more...
Just call it a protest. You will be a-ok.
Gap
AG
Dazed and Confused said:

Are we moving from a daily death count to a weekly death count? That would be a new metric unused to this point.
Prosperdick
AG
Sure glad we didn't follow Sweden's footsteps...

https://softwaredevelopmentperestroika.wordpress.com/2020/07/06/sweden-is-back-to-normal/
Rapier108
Prosperdick said:

https://softwaredevelopmentperestroika.wordpress.com/2020/07/06/sweden-is-back-to-normal/
Sweden will all be dead soon.

The latest Coronabro talking point is that there is no lasting immunity to the virus so we're all ****ed.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Maroon Dawn
AG
The only solution is to give up all our rights, freedoms and property to the government and agree to be its serfs from now on
annie88
AG
Rapier108 said:

Prosperdick said:

Sweden will all be dead soon.

The latest Coronabro talking point is that there is no lasting immunity to the virus so we're all ****ed.

They literally want this permanent.

It's sick.
rgag12
AG
When all the data is out there in 2021-2022 on this crap, it's going to be obvious Sweden handled this thing the right way.

If Trump wins the Libs are going to continue to say that total shutdowns are the way to go and spin Sweden's numbers to fit this narrative.

If Trump loses they are going to throw out revisionist BS and say that from now on we should handle these kinds of situations like Sweden did and they wanted to do that from the start, but orange man made it impossible.
WRONG!!!

Sweden is in trouble:

beerad12man
AG
Already talking about the new norm. Continued posts trying to find fear, stuff to worry about, etc. Social distancing and masks for "several years" if no vaccine. It's sick.

Well, it ain't gonna work for "several years". I can tell you that. people will eventually just say f*** it(many people I know already have). This isn't the plague. It's the flu with less immunity thus far.

Either way, this is typical fear mongering and turning this virus into something it isn't.
rgag12
AG
Not sure what point you are trying to make. Never did I say I Trump was always behind Sweden's approach.
beerad12man
AG
14 said:

WRONG!!!

Sweden is in trouble:

Trouble is relative. Sweden has lost 5420 people out of 10 million. There's also no guarantee each country is reporting the same, either.

I'm not saying that's great. Deaths suck. But simply pointing out that not everyone considers this some race to see who can have the lowest covid deaths without factoring in all other things too. Bottom line covid deaths are not the only thing in the world that matters, nor is it the only thing one can judge their country on.

TxTarpon
Cool story bro....they are in the middle of the pack.

Donde esta shutdown order?

(crickets)

Guess it ain't happening today.
----------------------------------
Texans make the best songwriters because they are the best liars.-Rodney Crowell

We will never give up our guns Steve, we don't care if there is a mass shooting every day of the week.
-BarronVonAwesome

A man with experience is not at the mercy of another man with an opinion.
Rapier108
14 said:

WRONG!!!

Sweden is in trouble:

Sweden got it over with rather than drawing it out for months or longer.

Trump had his approach, courtesy of Fauci, and Sweden had theirs. Sweden looks to have taken the correct approach.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
lunchbox
Down goes San Diego

Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
FFS
Rapier108
And two weeks after they reopen, they'll shut down again.

The goalposts moved from "flatten the curve" to "we can't have a single case," and we all know why.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.