Texas July 14th Runoff Election - Early Voting has Started

7,877 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DD88
DD88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Early voting has started and runs until July 10th for the July 14th Runoff

Link to County Websites:
https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/voter/links.shtml#County

Ballot per County Lookup

https://candidate.texas-election.com/Elections/getCandidatesBallotOrderInfo.do

County : HARRIS
U. S. REPRESENTATIVE DISTRICT 18
ROBERT M. CADENA
WENDELL CHAMPION
U. S. REPRESENTATIVE DISTRICT 22
TROY NEHLS
KATHALEEN WALL
JUSTICE, 1ST COURT OF APPEALS DISTRICT, PLACE 5
TERRY ADAMS
JAMES LOMBARDINO
SHERIFF
PAUL DAY
JOE DANNA
JUSTICE OF THE PEACE PRECINCT 5, PLACE 1
RUSS RIDGWAY
MIKE WOLFE

County : TARRANT
JUSTICE, 2ND COURT OF APPEALS DISTRICT, PLACE 7
ELIZABETH BEACH
BRIAN WALKER

County : TRAVIS
U. S. REPRESENTATIVE DISTRICT 17
PETE SESSIONS
RENE SWANN
U. S. REPRESENTATIVE DISTRICT 35
JENNY GARCIA SHARON
"GUILLERMO" WILLIAM HAYWARD
MEMBER, STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION, DISTRICT 5
LANI POPP
ROBERT MORROW
STATE REPRESENTATIVE DISTRICT 47
JUSTIN BERRY
JENNIFER FLECK

County : BEXAR
U. S. REPRESENTATIVE DISTRICT 20
MAURO GARZA
GARY ALLEN
U. S. REPRESENTATIVE DISTRICT 23
RAUL REYES
TONY GONZALES
U. S. REPRESENTATIVE DISTRICT 35
"GUILLERMO" WILLIAM HAYWARD
JENNY GARCIA SHARON
MEMBER, STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION, DISTRICT 5
ROBERT MORROW
LANI POPP
COUNTY COMMISSIONER PRECINCT 3
TOM RICKHOFF
TRISH DEBERRY

County : BRAZOS
U. S. REPRESENTATIVE DISTRICT 17
PETE SESSIONS
RENE SWANN
COUNTY COMMISSIONER PRECINCT 1
MICHAEL SCHAEFER
STEVE ALDRICH

Someone can list the other party candidates for the major counties if they want.

Who do you recommend?

DD88
AG
Everyone in SBOE 5 (San Antonio/Austin area) needs to vote for Lani Popp in order to eliminate the embarrassment that is Robert Morrow:

Poster Boy for Uninformed Voters gets 40% (54,387 Idiots) in SBOE Dist. 5 Race
Rapier108
As much as I hate it, I'll vote for Sessions over Swann.

At least I know where Sessions stands on the issues. Swann is swamp, swamp, and more swamp.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
B-1 83
AG
If there's one race to look at, it's State School Board. Don't vote for the nutcase
DD88
AG
Here is the Texas Values Recommendations:

Congressional
CD 16: Irene Armendariz-Jackson (Greater El Paso Area)
CD 17: Renee Swann (Central Texas)
CD 22: Kathaleen Wall (Greater Houston Area)
CD 23: Raul Reyes (El Paso to San Antonio Area)
Texas Senate
SD 14: Don Zimmerman (*Special Election* - Travis & Bastrop counties)
Texas House
HD 25: Cody Vasut (Brazoria and Matagorda counties)
HD 45: Carrie Isaac (Hays and Blanco counties)
HD 47: Jennifer Fleck (Travis county)
HD 59: Shelby Slawson (Comanch, Coryell, Erath, Hamilton, Hood, McCulloch, Mills, San Saba counties)
HD 60: Jon Francis (Brown, Callahan, Coleman, Eastland, Hood, Palo Pinto, Shackelford, Stephens counties)
State Board of Education
District 5: Lani Popp (Bexar, Blanco, Caldwell, Comal, Gillespie, Guadalupe, Hays, Kendall, Kerr, Llano, Mason, San Saba, Travis Counties)
Judicial
Texas Second Court of Appeals Place 7: Brian Walker
401st District Court Judge: George Flint
431st District Court Judge: Jim Johnson

https://txvaluesaction.org/endorsements/
DD88
AG
Rapier108 said:

At least I know where Sessions stands on the issues. Swann is swamp, swamp, and more swamp.

I heard Hindman endorsed Sessions at our County Convention.

Some groups have endosed Swann as noted in previous post.
gkaggie08
AG
A particularly bloody runoff election is happening in district 13 between Josh Winergerner and Ronnie Jackson. Josh is alleging that Jackson moved into 13 to run for office, while Winegarner is a hometown boy. Jackson was raised in Levelland(not a part of district 13, but damn close), spent 25 years in the Navy, ending his career as lead medical officer to the President. He served W, Obama, and Trump before retiring. Winegarner is a professional lobbyist who has been in DC basically since he left college,
BigScoot23
How is an 11 term congressman who lost his home district and carpetbagged his way to CS/Waco not the definition of the swamp?
SECeded
TRL-Ag
No way I'd vote for Wall. She's trying to buy a seat in Congress. I'll vote for my Sheriff.
DD88
AG
gkaggie08 said:

A particularly bloody runoff election is happening in district 13 between Josh Winergerner and Ronnie Jackson. Josh is alleging that Jackson moved into 13 to run for office, while Winegarner is a hometown boy. Jackson was raised in Levelland(not a part of district 13, but damn close), spent 25 years in the Navy, ending his career as lead medical officer to the President. He served W, Obama, and Trump before retiring. Winegarner is a professional lobbyist who has been in DC basically since he left college,
Ok, found that race:
https://candidate.texas-election.com/Elections/getCandidatesBallotOrderInfo.do

County : WICHITA

U. S. REPRESENTATIVE DISTRICT 13
Party
RONNY JACKSON
JOSH WINEGARNER

JUSTICE, 2ND COURT OF APPEALS DISTRICT, PLACE 7
ELIZABETH BEACH
BRIAN WALKER

iluvpoker
Can we primary Abbott?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
We don't all have exciting runoffs, but please pay attention to congressional and local races. This November's election won't just be about the president.
Boozer92
AG
https://texaspolitics.com/2020/06/26/pete-sessions-and-renee-swann-exchange-political-jabs/

Read and decide for yourself. If you want to keep your guns it seems one candidate won't be on your side.
DD88
AG
iluvpoker said:

Can we primary Abbott?
Sorry, gotta wait until 2022 (if he runs again).
Grapesoda2525
Is there any effort to get rid of Cynthia Brehm in San Antonio?
Thunder18
AG
TRL-Ag said:

No way I'd vote for Wall. She's trying to buy a seat in Congress. I'll vote for my Sheriff.

Yep, she's a carpetbagger too. Hard pass
DD88
AG
Anyone voted yet?

Any issues with lines or over the top regulations?

I heard of a place using finger condoms for touch screens.

I'll probably go today(Tuesday) or tomorrow.
TRL-Ag
Thunder18 said:

TRL-Ag said:

I've been calling her that since she announced.
Martin Cash
AG
DD88 said:

iluvpoker said:

Can we primary Abbott?
Sorry, gotta wait until 2022 (if he runs again).
Most of you are way too young to remember when the governor was elected every two years.
isitjustme
AG
DD88 said:

Congressional
Texas Senate
Texas House
HD 59: Shelby Slawson (Comanch, Coryell, Erath, Hamilton, Hood, McCulloch, Mills, San Saba counties)
HD 60: Jon Francis (Brown, Callahan, Coleman, Eastland, Hood, Palo Pinto, Shackelford, Stephens counties)
State Board of Education
District 5: Lani Popp (Bexar, Blanco, Caldwell, Comal, Gillespie, Guadalupe, Hays, Kendall, Kerr, Llano, Mason, San Saba, Travis Counties)
Judicial

I don't know much about Texas Values, though I did just glance at their website, nor do I know much about the other races they endorsed in. But they got it wrong for CD17. Pete Sessions, reluctantly, is the person to vote for in this runoff even though he is a bit swampish. He is also a player who introduces and gets legislation passed. It's been a long time since CD17 had that type of representation in Congress. Plus, 4 of their primary opponents endorsed Sessions, including 3 I could live with were they to make it to Congress.

So if you have to hold your nose while voting for Sessions, then hold your nose. If you have a good face covering on, you may not even need to hold your nose But you'll be happier with our representation in the coming years if Pete Sessions is our Congressman as opposed to Swann.
SECeded
Ervin Burrell
AG
BigScoot23 said:

How is an 11 term congressman who lost his home district and carpetbagged his way to CS/Waco not the definition of the swamp?
Not to mention, while he was "representing" Dallas he lived in Florida. LOL at not thinking Sessions is more swampy than his opponent.
DD88
AG
agrab86 said:

DD88 said:

Congressional
Texas Senate
Texas House
State Board of Education
Judicial

I don't know much about Texas Values, though I did just glance at their website, nor do I know much about the other races they endorsed in. But they got it wrong for CD17. Pete Sessions, reluctantly, is the person to vote for in this runoff even though he is a bit swampish. He is also a player who introduces and gets legislation passed. It's been a long time since CD17 had that type of representation in Congress. Plus, 4 of their primary opponents endorsed Sessions, including 3 I could live with were they to make it to Congress.

So if you have to hold your nose while voting for Sessions, then hold your nose. If you have a good face covering on, you may not even need to hold your nose But you'll be happier with our representation in the coming years if Pete Sessions is our Congressman as opposed to Swann.
I mentioned earlier that Hindman endorsed Sessions.

I can only confirm that the list got it right for
SD14 with Zimmerman running against a no-name that doesn't even know his positions on issues.
HD47 Fleck is much better than the moderate alternative,
SBOE 5 is a no brainer for Popp to eliminate the nutcase as linked earlier.
SECeded
WHOOP!'91
AG
TRL-Ag said:

Is there another side to the story of child trafficking I have seen non-stop? I will be glad when this race is over because I am tired of the Wall commercials, but I haven't seen much from Nehls to try to convince me to vote for him. I don't live in Ft. Bend County, so he isn't my sheriff.

Maybe you can provide a link to the other side of the child trafficking story, but the actual victim and her parents in the Wall commercial are pretty compelling.
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

WHOOP!'91
AG
Thunder18 said:

TRL-Ag said:

...and an Aggie

https://ballotpedia.org/Kathaleen_Wall

She has some good endorsements too. Rand Paul, gun right's group.
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

Ervin Burrell
AG
Married an Aggie Lady said:

Ervin Burrell said:

BigScoot23 said:

Not to mention, while he was "representing" Dallas he lived in Florida. LOL at not thinking Sessions is more swampy than his opponent.

Why would a DFW congressman live in Florida?
Exactly.
isitjustme
AG
Married an Aggie Lady said:

Ervin Burrell said:

BigScoot23 said:

Why would a DFW congressman live in Florida?
B/C his new wife is from there and she has a home there. I don't know if he lived there or just visited his wife there. If he kept a residence in Texas, as well as his voter registration, then he lived in Texas. If there was a record of a voter registration in Florida, then he would be a Florida resident and couldn't legally represent Texas. I'm sure we would all know if he had a voter registration in Florida as that is public record. Since we haven't heard that, then I assume it's still in Texas.

Can't keep a man from spending time with his wife, though.
fasthorse05
Rapier108 said:

Unfortunately, I kind of have the same thoughts. Sessions is a given, based on years of actions.

My very brief search of Swann suggests she's exactly what you say, but I was hoping she was more. She has the SOP for a politician down, which I think everyone has to have to a degree. I was hoping she had a genuine value system, not to mention a spine.
Thunder18
AG
WHOOP!'91 said:

Thunder18 said:

TRL-Ag said:

...and an Aggie

So she deserves my vote just because she graduated from A&M? Weird that none of the literally dozens of mailers I get from her every day explicitly mentions Rand Paul as endorsing her in his own words, which is in direct contrast to some of the other endorsements listed. I'm not a huge Nehls fan either, but Wall seems like the definition of a swamp creature from everything she has done in this and previous campaigns
WHOOP!'91
AG
Thunder18 said:

WHOOP!'91 said:

Thunder18 said:

TRL-Ag said:

...and an Aggie

So she deserves my vote just because she graduated from A&M? Weird that none of the literally dozens of mailers I get from her every day explicitly mentions Rand Paul as endorsing her in his own words, which is in direct contrast to some of the other endorsements listed. I'm not a huge Nehls fan either, but Wall seems like the definition of a swamp creature from everything she has done in this and previous campaigns
Voting for an Aggie without any other tie-breakers doesn't seem ridiculous to me. But I did provide some other inputs and a link to a 3rd party's website, so it isn't the only reason and I didn't say it was.

I also like her position on immigration and pledge to support Trump and don't like the Nehls story of child trafficking.
A & M, GIVE US ROOM!

DD88
AG
You may have to have a login to see this, but it provides more information on the candidates:

CD17
Pete Sessions
Rated Somewhat Conservative

Renee Swann
Rated Conservative

EDIT: large graphics showing that "conservative" rating was more to the right than "somewhat conservative"
DD88
AG
CD22

Kathaleen Wall
Rated Very Conservative

Troy Nehls
isitjustme
AG
DD88 said:

You may have to have a login to see this, but it provides more information on the candidates:

CD17
Pete Sessions

Renee Swann
Rated Conservative

EDIT: large graphics showing that "conservative" rating was more to the right than "somewhat conservative"
I'm curious as to what they based Swann's rating on b/c she has no record.

Sessions, with a 22-year record, has a 94/100 lifetime conservative rating from the American Conservative Union. For comparison, Louie Gohmert is 94.4/100 and Bill Flores is 91.3/100.

In FreedomWorks, Sessions has a 77 rating. Gohmert has a 91 and Flores has a 77.

This 2017 article: https://www.thoughtco.com/most-conservative-congressmen-3322096, lists Sessions among the 9 most conservative members of Congress. Within that article is a link to this article: https://www.ontheissues.org/TX/Pete_Sessions.htm, which concludes Sessions is a "Hard-Core Conservative."

Still curious how Swann, with no record, got a more conservative rating than Sessions, but it could just be politics.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.