China Coronavirus Outbreak Spreads; Hundreds Infected As Human-To-Human Transmission

3,009,269 Views | 21763 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
Philip J Fry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Been reported that the virus destroys your lungs. Once that happens, I'm not sure how much good the ventilators are.
Exsurge Domine
TexasAggie_02 said:

Crazy story from New Orleans. Severe lung damage in folks in their 40s, ventilators on highest settings and they still gasp for air. Pink frothy secretions in breathing tubes. Running out of PPE.

https://www.propublica.org/article/a-medical-worker-describes--terrifying-lung-failure-from-covid19-even-in-his-young-patients

I'm not saying this didn't happen, but ProPublica has an agenda, and everything they post is always "sources kept anonymous to protect them from retribution"
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
VaultingChemist
AG

Just one example of how contagious this virus can be and why group gatherings should be limited to 10 or fewer people.
scottimus
AG
PSA

For those of you following along since page ~75 or so.....

SoccerDoc finally turned today...said
Quote:

he is concerned with the community spread here in Brazos County, the number of cases and the type of cases.

Warned our entire team to
Quote:

not meet with anyone in Brazos County we are not 100% certain do not have the virus, believe it or not, until this is over.

Stated
Quote:

when Brazos County new infections have leveled off...they have it under-control.

I Like Mike
AG
agdaddy04 said:

What'd you want them to do?
I would rather see it multiple choice based honestly. Gonna be a cluster either way cuz it's from home...
TCTTS
AG
Exsurge Domine said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

Crazy story from New Orleans. Severe lung damage in folks in their 40s, ventilators on highest settings and they still gasp for air. Pink frothy secretions in breathing tubes. Running out of PPE.

https://www.propublica.org/article/a-medical-worker-describes--terrifying-lung-failure-from-covid19-even-in-his-young-patients

I'm not saying this didn't happen, but ProPublica has an agenda, and everything they post is always "sources kept anonymous to protect them from retribution"

I'm not usually one to claim bullsh*t on articles like this, but yeah, something about that interview feels off. I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's as simple as the guy doesn't sound like a typical doctor, or maybe it's just that it reads a little too sensational. I know we've heard about lung failure in cases, but reports like this seem like they'd be all over the news by now, considering how graphic that sounds. Either way, I'm skeptical. Or... in denial. Because that is truly terrifying, like out of a movie or something.
Mordred
AG
foleyt said:

What the **** kind of factories have they had open this whole time? I thought they were already on total lockdown except for supermarkets and pharmacies.
Fitch
AG
Bear in mind, every digit in the death total is a person, a Life that will be missed by others. There's been too much talk on here about managing old and young and trading "cattle". A life is a life is a life.
TCTTS
AG
I thought the same. Surprised to hear this wasn't the level of lockdown they were already under.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Mordred said:

foleyt said:

What the **** kind of factories have they had open this whole time? I thought they were already on total lockdown except for supermarkets and pharmacies.

Possibly stuff like food processing. You can't just stock wheat or chickens on a shelf
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
tsuag10
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this ProPublica article and the story from Pg 545 of this thread (see quote below) are "connected" in some way.....

PJYoung said:

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3090341/replies/56223059
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Long Live Sully
AG
No kidding. Terrible reporting

"I feel like I am dying but I don't have the test results so I must be fine. I think I will bake... Achhh, thud."
ABATTBQ11
AG
TCTTS said:

Exsurge Domine said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

I'm not usually one to claim bullsh*t on articles like this, but yeah, something about that interview feels off. I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it's as simple as the guy doesn't sound like a typical doctor, or maybe it's just that it reads a little too sensational. I know we've heard about lung failure in cases, but reports like this seem like they'd be all over the news by now, considering how graphic that sounds. Either way, I'm skeptical. Or... in denial. Because that is truly terrifying, like out of a movie or something.

Sounds a lot like this though

https://texags.com/forums/84/topics/3101730
Rapier108
ProPublica is nothing but a Soros funded liberal mouthpiece posing as a news outlet.

It's other funding sources read like a who's who of liberal organizations.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TCTTS
AG
Damn.
Rapier108

"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TCTTS
AG
I know some of you hate this guy because he worked for Obama, but I'm posting *strictly* because of the seemingly good news here...

Premium
AG
Rapier108 said:

Why would Australia have Spanish labels?
Mordred
AG
Some good news/bad news from the numbers sites.

worldometers cuts off their stuff at midnight UTC, but still lets the numbers stack up in the US, then rolls some of them over to the next day.

So grand totals for 3/21 UTC were:
4824 new cases (14% decrease) and 46 deaths (down 3 from previous day). Cases are most likely random fluctuation (weekend related?), but nice to see it down, and 46 deaths is simply great news.

Unfortunately, with the UTC day only 5 hours old, we're already at 46 deaths on the 3/22 tally. Don't be shocked if we hit 100 today.
Rapier108
Premium said:

Rapier108 said:

Look at the watermark at the bottom. They used a stock image from Getty images.
TCTTS
AG
I don't trust anything from the Chinese at this point, but this *seems* incredibly helpful...

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Premium
AG
C@LAg said:

Premium said:

Rapier108 said:

the picture was added by the news site . ask them.

Ask them if their story is fake or their picture?

/whynotboth.gif
Rapier108
Premium said:

C@LAg said:

Premium said:

Rapier108 said:

the picture was added by the news site . ask them.

Ask them if their story is fake or their picture?

/whynotboth.gif
It's not fake news nor is the image fake. They just selected a stock image of one of the drugs. Here is the link to the Daily Mail article they used as the source.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8134785/Has-Australia-coronavirus-cure-Patients-successfully-treated-HIV-malaria-medication.html
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
BoydCrowder13
Mordred said:

Some good news/bad news from the numbers sites.

worldometers cuts off their stuff at midnight UTC, but still lets the numbers stack up in the US, then rolls some of them over to the next day.

So grand totals for 3/21 UTC were:
4824 new cases (14% decrease) and 46 deaths (down 3 from previous day). Cases are most likely random fluctuation (weekend related?), but nice to see it down, and 46 deaths is simply great news.

Unfortunately, with the UTC day only 5 hours old, we're already at 46 deaths on the 3/22 tally. Don't be shocked if we hit 100 today.

The US reporting has been sporadic but seems to trend heavily to reporting a lot of the deaths at night.
TAMU1990
AG
scottimus said:

PSA

For those of you following along since page ~75 or so.....

SoccerDoc finally turned today...said
Quote:

he is concerned with the community spread here in Brazos County, the number of cases and the type of cases.

Warned our entire team to
Quote:

not meet with anyone in Brazos County we are not 100% certain do not have the virus, believe it or not, until this is over.

Stated
Quote:

when Brazos County new infections have leveled off...they have it under-control.

???
TCTTS
AG
Nice little summary thread...

Bullpen Chias
AG
Serious/Critical has been running in the 50-70 range all week for USA. Now showing 708!
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Bullpen Chias said:

Serious/Critical has been running in the 50-70 range all week for USA. Now showing 708!
Can you please clarify this post? Between sleep deprivation and a drink or two, I cannot grasp what point you're trying to make.
BoydCrowder13
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Bullpen Chias said:

Can you please clarify this post? Between sleep deprivation and a drink or two, I cannot grasp what point you're trying to make.

The number of "severe" cases for the US has been showing 64 for days. This number was incorrect/not updated. It has finally been updated to 708.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Thanks and apologies for the misunderstanding!
First Page Last Page
Page 549 of 622

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.