China Coronavirus Outbreak Spreads; Hundreds Infected As Human-To-Human Transmission

2,980,892 Views | 21763 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
AgFan2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Health officials in Wuhan, China reported 139 new cases of a new mystery virus over the weekend, now rapidly spreading to other provinces and surrounding countries, reported CNN.

As of Monday morning, three people have died from the pneumonia-like illness, and globally there have been more than 200 reported cases, noted Reuters.

Beijing confirmed two cases of coronavirus Monday, while Guangdong health officials reported one case in Shenzhen these are the first reports that the virus is quickly spreading from Wuhan, the epicenter.

On Sunday, the World Health Organization (WHO) said the virus originated from a seafood/meat market in Wuhan, has likely spread through human-to-human transmission.

"It is clear that there is at least some human-to-human transmission from the evidence we have, but we don't have clear evidence that shows the virus has acquired the capacity to transmit among humans easily," said Takeshi Kasai, the WHO's regional director for the western pacific, in an interview with Bloomberg TV on Monday. "We need more information to analyze that."

There are significant concerns about a broader regional outbreak, reports Sunday warned the virus was detected outside China two in Thailand and one in Japan.

The South Korean Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (SKCDC) confirmed Monday that a 35-year-old woman arriving at Incheon International Airport from Wuhan tested positive for coronavirus.

[url] https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/china-coronavirus-outbreak-widens-global-alert-chinese-new-year-risk-event-travel-stocks[/url]
Dawnguard
AG
Username must love this stuff
flakrat
AgFan2015
[url] [/url]

Serious stuff here.....just keeping everyone informed.
AGinHI
AG
Didn't World War Z begin with patient zero in China?

“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
bmks270
AG
Secolobo
AG
Did this originate in Mexico?
Can I go to sleep Looch?
bmks270
AG
How do they track these? How do they know 200 people had the exact same strain of a virus?

Maybe another 2000 had it and already got better and never saw a doctor?

What makes this something to be more concerned about than the flu?

WoMD
AGinHI said:

Contagion did at least, I think. Which I saw the other day, so this fun concept has been in mind of late.
Burnsey
AG
I'm buying more ammo for zombies and the the infectious hoard.
unmade bed
Meh, I prefer Dos Equis
titan
S

This is rather scary. At least China may be more likely to take the stringent measures possibly necessary to tamp something down.
MemphisAg1
AG

Username checks out.
bmks270
AG
titan said:

This is rather scary. At least China may be more likely to take the stringent measures possibly necessary to tamp something down.

What makes it worse than the flu?
WoMD
bmks270 said:

titan said:

What makes it worse than the flu?

The concern is always the mortality side of these outbreaks. They're often overblown, but with certain mutations the fear is a dramatic increase in mortality rate of those infected.
jokershady
AG
AGinHI said:

not in the book...the REAL WWZ
RAB91
I'm supposed to go to China in a month. It is already a zoo traveling in that country. This could make it even crazier.
BlueMiles
AG
bmks270 said:

Is the patient using oxygen and not wearing a mask? That seems risky (not covering the patient's mouth).
IrishTxAggie
AG
I don't want to be that person, but the Chinese government would love a good culling where they don't get the blame for it.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
For those who don't know what sars is or does

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severe_acute_respiratory_syndrome-related_coronavirus
AgFan2015
RAB91 said:

I'm supposed to go to China in a month. It is already a zoo traveling in that country. This could make it even crazier.

You'll love this then....

[url] [/url]

The comments are entertaining.....
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Ag with kids
AG
bmks270 said:

STOP!!!

Hammer Time!!!
exp
AG
Made me LOL
AgFan2015
Quote:

Xi Warns Party Officials: Anyone Who Covers Up Coronavirus Will Be "Nailed To Pillar Of Shame"

As the Communist Party leaders panic, an edict has been handed down from Beijing warning local officials that, when it comes to this virus, the usual corruption, fraud and dissembling endemic to China's political system will not be tolerated.

According to the South China Morning Post, Beijing on Tuesday warned party functionaries not to lie about the spread of the coronavirus, warning that anyone caught withholding information would be severely punished and "nailed on the pillar of shame for eternity."

Chang An Jian, the official social media account of the Central Political and Legal Affairs Commission Beijing's top political body responsible for law and order ran a commentary on Tuesday telling cadres not to forget the painful lessons of Sars and to ensure timely reporting of the current situation.

More than 700 people were killed around the world by the severe acute respiratory syndrome outbreak in 2002-03, which originated in China.

"Anyone who puts the face of politicians before the interests of the people will be the sinner of a millennium to the party and the people," the commentary read.

"Anyone who deliberately delays and hides the reporting of [virus] cases out of his or her own self-interest will be nailed on the pillar of shame for eternity," it added.

The official party edict came straight from President Xi Jinping himself. Xi said on Monday that the virus must be "resolutely contained," and that the Party must make "the safety of people's lives and their physical health" the top priority. It stressed that transparency remained the best defense against rumors and public panic.

[url] https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/xi-warns-party-officials-anyone-who-covers-coronavirus-will-be-nailed-pillar-shame[/url]

Do they sell these pillars at WalMart?
IrishTxAggie
AG
It's the flu. Know how many people died of the flu in the US last year; About 56,000... This is nothing. Just fear mongering.
aggie_fan13
AG
******* communists
TXCityAggie
AG
I've seen this movie.
rednecked
AG
Mr.Infectious said:

Quote:

Xi Warns Party Officials: Anyone Who Covers Up Coronavirus Will Be "Nailed To Pillar Of Shame"

As the Communist Party leaders panic, an edict has been handed down from Beijing warning local officials that, when it comes to this virus, the usual corruption, fraud and dissembling endemic to China's political system will not be tolerated.

According to the South China Morning Post, Beijing on Tuesday warned party functionaries not to lie about the spread of the coronavirus, warning that anyone caught withholding information would be severely punished and "nailed on the pillar of shame for eternity."

Chang An Jian, the official social media account of the Central Political and Legal Affairs Commission Beijing's top political body responsible for law and order ran a commentary on Tuesday telling cadres not to forget the painful lessons of Sars and to ensure timely reporting of the current situation.

More than 700 people were killed around the world by the severe acute respiratory syndrome outbreak in 2002-03, which originated in China.

"Anyone who puts the face of politicians before the interests of the people will be the sinner of a millennium to the party and the people," the commentary read.

"Anyone who deliberately delays and hides the reporting of [virus] cases out of his or her own self-interest will be nailed on the pillar of shame for eternity," it added.

The official party edict came straight from President Xi Jinping himself. Xi said on Monday that the virus must be "resolutely contained," and that the Party must make "the safety of people's lives and their physical health" the top priority. It stressed that transparency remained the best defense against rumors and public panic.

Do they sell these pillars at WalMart?

Aisle 7. right next to the columns of angst that are so popular these days.

Ag In Ok
AG
Is it just me or where in the hell did the party's position come into question? Granted, i think i understand what shame means In the Chinese culture, but damn, this statement is not intended to put shame on people as much as ensure the position of the state.
Such rhetoric makes me wonder if they are indeed involved and a bio weapon got out.
BQ_90
AG
Ag In Ok said:

Is it just me or where in the hell did the party's position come into question? Granted, i think i understand what shame means In the Chinese culture, but damn, this statement is not intended to put shame on people as much as ensure the position of the state.
Such rhetoric makes me wonder if they are indeed involved and a bio weapon got out.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was China testing bio weapons on their own people. To know,how well it's spreads they need their citizens complicity to track the spread
Bird Poo
AG
"In the SARS outbreak of 2003, about 9% of patients with confirmed SARS infection died.[8] The mortality rate was much higher for those over 50 years old, with mortality rates approaching 50% for this subset of patients."
Beat40
Are some of the symptoms a deep love for family, fast cars, and performing odds defying heists?
IrishTxAggie
AG
BQ_90 said:

Ag In Ok said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was China testing bio weapons on their own people. To know,how well it's spreads they need their citizens complicity to track the spread
They would've done that in Northern China in Xinjiang with Uighurs instead of Wuhan.
Waltonloads08
AG
IrishTxAggie said:

It's the flu. Know how many people died of the flu in the US last year; About 56,000... This is nothing. Just fear mongering.

You'd be one of those African villagers blaming doctors for Ebola showing up.

The only reason we aren't dying in droves like humanity in the past is that we developed modern western medicine and take things like this seriously. Worst case is you take it too seriously and stop the virus quickly?

No one is saying the end is near, but it doesn't actually help anyone to brush it off like it's nothing.
Last Page
Page 1 of 622

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.